Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Fruit Chewy posted:

This makes me sad and you're a big butt if you dismiss osrs without trying it for a bit at least.

I did for several months, and the new updates just make it more and more stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

You guys knew I was posting on the forums since Pizza Lady's Saucy Thread. :colbert:

I've seen saucier things in random rooms at world 42.

Okay some of those ideas are good. The port percentage one especially. Remind people it was 90% chance of success before seeing the failure screen. :getin:

Eox posted:

We did, seven years ago.

Wanna emptyquote this.

Fruit Chewy
Feb 13, 2012
join whole squid
Pizza Lady spotted in OSRS clan chat!

Sorry I kept ducking out of chat, my internet was having an interesting time. Wasn't trying to be rude!

Edit: While doing dragon slayer for the first time ever, a piece of poo poo ranged pure swooped in and somehow stole my kill after I had been fighting it for a couple minutes. I had to go restock food before making another attempt, and then ended up running out of food and dying while the dragon was at 2 health on that attempt. Third attempt pending.

Edit2:

Well it's dead. That whole ordeal would have been an hour shorter if some rear end in a top hat wasn't able to steal my kill somehow. He just walked in and shot it for like 10-12 a couple times and I couldn't tag it back because it was fighting him.

Fruit Chewy fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 29, 2014

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

Themata posted:

You guys knew I was posting on the forums since Pizza Lady's Saucy Thread. :colbert:

I think it's time to look at some of those and see if Jagex is any closer to getting any of them done.

quote:

Disable clicking on things that aren't yours! Do you know how troublesome it is to try and deliver a pizza to someone, only to end up trying to give it to an obsidian golem? I know I'm not putting Jagex in between a rock and a hard place with this suggestion since you can make your own familiars only right clickable/examineable. Please do this for familiars, pets, and especially avatars!
Jagex is doing this. On old school, so it's just pets. But it proves it's possible on the engine Jagex has. No idea if it's in the game yet, but the poll option for it won. So I'd guess this change will be ported over, like quite a few of them have been.

And of course, that same poll, resulted in the ability to turn off the smoke effect in the smokey well.

quote:

Toggling between my first priority of action being violence over getting my rightfully earned tip. Sometimes I get stiffed on tips.. namely H.A.M. Those jerk guards never tip when I deliver. So I'm trying to... procure my rightfully earned 30 coins but I accidently left click them. Oops. Now I'm in for a violent fight for my life before fleeing Gilenor, stuck making pizzas with Tony in the Wilderness because I forgot to right click to pickpocke- procure tip. Please help your local delivery lady NOT violently murder her fellow species by making a toggleable option for tip procuring as first priority!
I remember reading about something of a change like that. I can't remember which version of the game got that though.

Oh wait, I found something about it in the same 07scape poll. A setting that will have multiple options, but it works.

quote:

A filter for fairy rings! I have a bunch of useless codes I'll probably never use (a.k.a places I'll never deliver pizzas to) so it'd be great to have a filter of favorites like the Minigames tab!
Oh hey, something that did get put into the game, the non-07scape version.

So that's one thing that I can see was put into the game. Two more that are going to be put in 07scape.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

Kgummy posted:

I think it's time to look at some of those and see if Jagex is any closer to getting any of them done.

Jagex is doing this. On old school, so it's just pets. But it proves it's possible on the engine Jagex has. No idea if it's in the game yet, but the poll option for it won. So I'd guess this change will be ported over, like quite a few of them have been.

And of course, that same poll, resulted in the ability to turn off the smoke effect in the smokey well.

I remember reading about something of a change like that. I can't remember which version of the game got that though.

Oh wait, I found something about it in the same 07scape poll. A setting that will have multiple options, but it works.

Oh hey, something that did get put into the game, the non-07scape version.

So that's one thing that I can see was put into the game. Two more that are going to be put in 07scape.

I really hope the first one gets ported over. The second one is in old school. I tried it out and it's not perfect, if the NPC has an option to talk to them, that option is still first over pickpocketing. Otherwise, pickpocketing comes first and why this hasn't been implimented in RS3 yet is baffling as hell. Fairy rings filter was close to everything I could ask for though.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
please put this in the op and imbed it in every page of the thread, thanks

https://soundcloud.com/dolan-dark/mlg-runescape-theme

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

please put this in the op and imbed it in every page of the thread, thanks

https://soundcloud.com/dolan-dark/mlg-runescape-theme

:laffo:

Yes, do this.

Telarra
Oct 9, 2012

Half the comments are "rs sucks now" :cripes:

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

Little do they know, the true secret of Jagex is that RuneScape has always and will forever suck.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt
Hey guys! So I was thinking being that my pizza restaurant has risen in success with the reciving of the silver key, it's time to show my thanks to the clan for being (mostly) cool. Provided I have done bank cleaning services, guides and other silly little things, but I was thinking it'd be cool if I hosted a pizza drop party.

I'm thinking around the end of June or sometime in the middle of the summer would be good. I'm probably going to fill my bank to the brim with tons of random poo poo, ranging from completely useless to high end valuable. The Falador Party Room in a quiet world seems like a good choice, but is there a chance for it to be crashed by pubbies? Being able to drop things in balloons instead of running around dropping poo poo seems much nicer. At worst, the clan citadel would be the best place to do it.

Any suggestions? Joachim has already suggested that if higher levels want to participate, they should contribute too, and that seems like a good idea. Deadly Theif suggested 1k per total level. I wouldn't mind doing it like indie game bundles, where you donate a recommended amount if you wish or higher.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Themata posted:

The Falador Party Room in a quiet world seems like a good choice, but is there a chance for it to be crashed by pubbies? Being able to drop things in balloons instead of running around dropping poo poo seems much nicer.

Last I remember, when the value of what is in the drop chest reaches a certain threshold, bankers nearby start announcing the party. When it reaches a higher threshold, bankers everywhere start announcing it.

I haven't seen that for a long time, so no idea if that is still a thing. :shrug: But if that is still the case then count on getting crashed.

allta
Mar 28, 2011

quote:

Behind the Scenes – June 2014

Legacy Mode and Combat Improvements Beta
Free players and members

Legacy Mode is a way of playing the modern game but with a traditional look and feel, without the need to learn the new combat system. It includes the old resizable and fixed-window interfaces, ability-less combat and life points back to a max of 990 - all while allowing access to the latest RuneScape content.

This update is more than just Legacy Mode though. It comes with improvements to all combat modes: the reintroduction of Special Attacks, critical chance reverting to strength bonuses and a return to the ‘138’ combat level formula - as voted by you earlier this year.

As you get stuck into the beta, we'll be listening to your feedback to make sure you’ve got the best of both worlds.

With Legacy, we want to offer a combat mode that will be immediately recognisable to those who didn’t get along with EoC, so help us by getting involved with the beta once it’s available.

The Mighty Fall
Members only, Master-level quest.

Our newest Master quest, The Mighty Fall, pitches you into a tournament on Yu'biusk - fighting in Bandos's name.

General Graardor
Zanik, Bork, General Graardor and others are all involved, and all have stakes in the outcome of the battle. It’s here that the goblins, trolls and ogres hope to find a new purpose, and perhaps a new leader.

The quest's bursting with boss battles, each pushing you to the limit. You’ll have to master your melee skills and a brand-new two-handed weapon.

The requirements are mighty. Ready yourself for mortal combat with the following:
Attack 79
Strength 79
Constitution 78
Defence 72
Slayer 69
The Chosen Commander
Missing, Presumed Death
My Arm's Big Adventure
Defeat Bork
Yelps will be taking part in this game of death, thanks to your votes in the Power to the Players poll. Will he be fortunate, or will you send him squealing to the Underworld?

Skillchompas
Members only, new skill training methods.

Skillchompas are furry skilling bombs to be used when training Mining, Fishing, Woodcutting and Divination! Just throw them at your chosen skilling spot and get ready to reap the rewards.

They're caught with box traps - same as chinchompas - and require Hunter levels ranging from 27 to 89. When used, they will give you +10% base XP in that skill, an increased chance of skilling success, and a higher chance of an enriched memory from wisps.

Just don't look into their sad skillchompa eyes as you throw them - they want to explode. Honestly.

The Road to Elf City and Elf Graphical Improvements
Members only, summer membership offer and area improvements

The gates of Prifddinas - the Elf City - open this autumn, and skilling up to earn entry is quite the journey.

Take advantage of our Summer Special membership offer and get an XP-boosting aura, and a crystal amulet awards bonus XP in the necessary skills.

The amulet can also fill your pockets with elder tree seeds and crystal motherlode shards - resources that will be useful once Prifddinas opens.

All this comes with three months' membership at up a 25% discount, or for just five Bonds. Visit our Summer Special page for more details.

Note that if you're a 12-month-long member or Gold Premier Club member already, you'll have received the aura and amulet at no additional cost.

To get into the Elf City, you will need to complete the elf quest series, including the upcoming Grandmaster quest: Plague's End, which is coming in a future month.

In preparation, we'll be giving the elven environments a wonderful, crystal-like sheen this month. This includes the Underground Pass, Lletya, the Iorwerth Camp and Temple of Light. Isafdar has never looked so good.

The skills and quests that will be required for this summer's Elf Quest and City are:

Agility 75
Construction 75
Crafting 75
Dungeoneering 75
Herblore 75
Mining 75
Prayer 75
Ranged 75
Summoning 75
Woodcutting 75
Catapult Construction
Within the Light
Improve those skills, complete the quests and get on the road to the Elf City!

If you haven't already, be sure to take a look at our Elf City design documents, and listen to our podcasts. Keep an eye on the news for more details of the journey to Prifddinas.

Solomon's Store and Treasure Hunter
Solomon's got some striking new apparel in stock this month. You'll intimidate others with the Vyrewatch and Aviansie outfits, and there's a movie-monster vibe from our Animation Team Showcase, including Frankenstein, Wolfman and Mummy teleports - available in short and long versions.

Treasure Hunter ushers back the Lucky Clover promotion, taking place over two weeks with sparkling new prizes.

There's room for a new item, too: the Spring Cleaner. It breaks down certain unwanted drops, either sending their components to your bank for use when skilling, or granting you bonus XP.

Fight hard in the tournament, grab a skillchompa, get involved in the Legacy Mode Beta and prepare for an elf-obsessed summer.

Mod Mark and the RuneScape Team

Kind of a lame month. Still waiting on the treasure trails improvments jagex :colbert:

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

allta posted:

Still waiting on the treasure trails improvments jagex :colbert:

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009

allta posted:

Kind of a lame month. Still waiting on the treasure trails improvments jagex :colbert:
You missed the Spring Cleaner. That can either be really good, or really terrible.

Really depends on if it works like the new coin picker upper/the old way squeal won xp boost stuff worked. Or if it works like the bonecrusher/herbicide stuff like they said it would work like earlier.

Sucks that it's gonna be a treasure hunter reward, though.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I decided to buy a month of membership a few weeks ago. So far I've only logged in once because whenever I think about it I realize that they're essentially reverting their actually kind of fun combat system into arcane poo poo for bitch babies.

I want to like this game :(

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:
Legacy mode is going to be optional.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I started playing RuneScape today because, hey, a 13-year-old game with a gold-rated forum thread has to be doing something right.

Been spending most of the day getting to grips with the interface, and doing a bunch of starter quests. So far I've helped bake a cake, tunnel under a troll army, and kill four-dozen chickens, among other things. The Revolution combat system is pretty neat.

My in-game name is Penny Frost, I'm gonna look at hooking up with GoonScape tomorrow hopefully.

joachim783
May 9, 2013
Feel free to hit us up for gear and cash if you need/want it when you join the guild :)

joachim783 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 31, 2014

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

joachim783 posted:

Feel free to hit us up for gear and cash if you need/want it when you join the guild :)

Someone usually has a nice starter kit to give out too. But yeah, what Joachim said.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also be sure to do citadel stuff. I forget what the pay is, I think 1 mil for an hour or two of clicking stuff?

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
It's 500k for a full contribution, but if you do more than 1350 loom cloth, you get no pay, so you might as well go whole-hog and do all your contrib on cloth if you hit that limit. Also, there's a stupid Jagex-mandated weeklong citadel probation.

To be frank, you're gonna save a lot more than 500k if you craft at the cit.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?
Yo, Flex! After a long week of work interrupting me, I capped cit today. Looking out for pay next time you're on.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Yeah the real reason to do cit isn't the pay (though the pay is nice), it's for the sweet, sweet free/quick experience in annoying skills.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

99 CENTS AMIGO posted:

It's 500k for a full contribution, but if you do more than 1350 loom cloth, you get no pay, so you might as well go whole-hog and do all your contrib on cloth if you hit that limit. Also, there's a stupid Jagex-mandated weeklong citadel probation.

To be frank, you're gonna save a lot more than 500k if you craft at the cit.

I thought we needed cloth, rations, and precious bars more than anything right now. Do you mean before we reach our upkeep there is a limit on the loom?

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

How Rude posted:

I thought we needed cloth, rations, and precious bars more than anything right now. Do you mean before we reach our upkeep there is a limit on the loom?

We do need all three of those, but if we didn't put a hard limit on cloth it would be all most people would do, simply because despite the loom producing one of the worse xp rates on the citadel, Crafting is just so much more expensive to level than any of the others that it's usually always worth looming. So we would wind up with huge swathes of stuff not getting done.

99 CENTS AMIGO
Jul 22, 2007
Also, despite the clan dragon being the thing I've queued up, it's a loving cosmetic clan dragon, we don't really need it anytime soon, and it's been getting done by smatterings of overflowing resources.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

plz ban all puns tia

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010

Simsmagic posted:

plz ban all puns tia

Ban you.

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT

Simsmagic posted:

plz ban all puns tia

:getout:

Professor Oak
Jun 8, 2010
Loot from ~50 of the new Kal'gerion demons, minus one onyx that I sold already.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Simsmagic posted:

plz ban all puns tia

:golfclap:

How Rude.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Jun 1, 2014

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Professor Oak posted:

Loot from ~50 of the new Kal'gerion demons, minus one onyx that I sold already.

What setup are you using? I use like 3-4 cavefish for every demon I kill, it's far from optimal to use fire surge.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Things I have learned so far in RuneScape:

1) When in doubt, right-click
2) Pizza Lady's guides are works of art and I hope to make use of them in the near future
3) Dungeoneering is cool
4) Having to manually stow my equipment and backpack contents into the bank is not so cool (but a minor inconvenience)
5) Apparently there's a one-week delay before I can use the citadel's facilities for skill-ups :argh:

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

Cheap Trick posted:

4) Having to manually stow my equipment and backpack contents into the bank is not so cool (but a minor inconvenience)

In the bottom right of the bank interface there's 4 buttons, deposit all from inventory, equipment, BoB familiar and a fourth I forgot.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

Spergminer posted:

In the bottom right of the bank interface there's 4 buttons, deposit all from inventory, equipment, BoB familiar and a fourth I forgot.

Aww yeah, thanks!

Tonight I'm going to do an Agility course to clear a task. How bad can it be, right? (famous last words)

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

jagex posted:

The Mighty Fall

Bandos is dead, but his faithful are still itching for fight in The Mighty Fall: RuneScape's latest Master-level quest.

Survive the brutal Kyzaj Tournament, save the Dorgeshuun from certain doom, and give the lost followers of Bandos a renewed sense of purpose.

Read on for further details, or check the requirements, log into RuneScape and make your way to Dorgesh-Kaan now!

First Blood

General Graardor and a band of his followers have come for the cave goblins of Dorgesh-Kaan, blaming them and Zanik for their god's demise. With such a threat battering at the gates, Ur-tag - head of the Dorgeshuun - is calling for your help.

General Graardor

You'll travel to Yu'biusk and represent the Dorgeshuun in the sacred Kyzaj Tournament: a battle to determine the new leader of Bandos's forces.

Master an ancient weapon and crush all who oppose you, deciding who lives and who dies. The fates of those involved, goblin, ork, ogre, ourg and troll alike, are in your hands - including a certain goblin game-show host.

There are suitably mighty rewards on offer, should you prevail:

You'll get to keep the level 70 two-handed crushing weapon from the tournament, which can be upgraded to level 75 with a Bandos hilt. You'll also be able to display it as a cosmetic override.

There's a big book of Bandosian lore, which can be filled out by collecting chronicles on Yu'biusk after the quest.

There's also a title, improved drops from Bork, the option to switch the Trollheim Teleport spell's destination to the God Wars Dungeon entrance, and a big chunk of XP to beef up your combat stats.

Fight!

In the Kyzaj Tournament, even the mightiest can fall - be sure it's you doing the felling!

Enjoy the quest, and be sure to give us your thoughts.

Mod Deg and the RuneScape Team

How to start The Mighty Fall:

Speak to Ur-tag in Dorgesh-Kaan.

Requirements:

You must be a RuneScape member

79 Attack

79 Strength

78 Constitution

72 Defence

69 Slayer

The Chosen Commander

Missing, Presumed Death

My Arm's Big Adventure

You must have defeated Bork

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

quote:

The fates of those involved, goblin, ork, ogre, ourg and troll alike, are in your hands -including a certain goblin game-show host.

Well, I guess Some sacrifices have to be made.

Cheap Trick posted:

:words:

:coal: Just keep having fun. It gets better too after a while.

Alpha Kenny Juan fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 2, 2014

NamePolice
Feb 26, 2011
With the new epic and immersive quest today, Jagex truly pulled out all the punches, introducing quality puns and bringing back a few fan favorites, such as famously polled name Lol the Troll, Yelps, and -- oh god

save me

How Rude
Aug 13, 2012

FUCK THIS SHIT
Some nerd on Twitch is streaming 4.7k (literally) keys being used in a row, having spent 5b on bonds.

http://www.twitch.tv/itrolledu

:stare: Like how can you play Runescape this much, I'd kill myself first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

How Rude posted:

:stare: Like how can you play Runescape this much, I'd kill myself first.

No kidding, and while playing "Sweet Home Alabama". :psyboom:

• Locked thread