Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Minsky
May 23, 2001

I think I'm gonna go with the wheel decision-making strategy on launch night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So any other pergo goons in weird timezones? I live in japan and I'm pretty sure I'll only see most of you Saturday nights (my Sunday morning)

Hopefully if we do big goon things it will be on the weekends so I can hang with y'all

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.

Gold Dust Gasoline posted:

We could really use a subforum on the offsite to sort the details of the pergo exile guild.

Are you sure we really want to be on the same server as the main dominion goon squad? I feel like that might make us targets.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Warb0ss posted:

So is the economy driven by a centralized auction house similar to wow? Im curious to see how inflated C.R.E.D.D will be at the start of the game, or how easily attainable it is with in game gold.

Honestly, C.R.E.D.D is going to be so easy to make ingame money out of, it's price spikes will be so predictable.

Arbitrage ho!

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

just be yourself and you'll be fine
Pillbug

Tuxedo Mask posted:

Are you sure we really want to be on the same server as the main dominion goon squad? I feel like that might make us targets.

I don't think there will be that much feuding.

Pergo is going to be the best and most populated PvP server.

Goon Squad is still only a small fraction of the players on the server so no reason to worry.

The only reason I'm rolling exile is because there is about a 60/40 split dominion/exile on the PvP servers and I want more people to fight in the world. So it's really just a bonus for me either way.

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010

A Tartan Tory posted:

Honestly, C.R.E.D.D is going to be so easy to make ingame money out of, it's price spikes will be so predictable.
Just a tid bit,
Unlike the PvE servers, the PvP servers will have their auction houses and commodity vendors separated by faction (AFAIK).

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

Mount Desert posted:

Just a tid bit,
Unlike the PvE servers, the PvP servers will have their auction houses and commodity vendors separated by faction (AFAIK).

Smaller markets just make it easier to control. :getin:

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.
If you want to play in a PvP exile guild Go go go!
http://www.wildstargoons.com/index.php?threads/exile-pvp-guild.107/

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

Pillbug
Also ironlung posted about an exile PvP guild but I don't think he has the server and stuff worked out yet, so we pretty much should join up with him since he said he has like 15 guys or w/e already. (ironlung, join the offsite!)

a cock shaped fruit
Aug 23, 2010

The true enemy of humanity is disorder.

zhaligkeer posted:

I'm planning to roll Myrcalus to hopefully have better raid times than the NA realm. Was planning on Widow but as noted, its now lost it's Oceanic tag.

Anyone else?

I'll be there in some form or another (Exiles). I may have to co-exist however due to commitments to making housing videos.

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.

Also ironlung posted about an exile PvP guild but I don't think he has the server and stuff worked out yet, so we pretty much should join up with him since he said he has like 15 guys or w/e already. (Ironlung, join the offsite!)

I would like that, but he hasn't posted any information so hopefully he will have no issues going with w/e the polls determine. We only have 2 days I'm not gonna sit on my hands and wait. He can even be gm for all I care.

Tuxedo Mask fucked around with this message at 06:18 on May 29, 2014

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient

Double Monocle posted:

So any other pergo goons in weird timezones? I live in japan and I'm pretty sure I'll only see most of you Saturday nights (my Sunday morning)

Hopefully if we do big goon things it will be on the weekends so I can hang with y'all

I live in Korea and plan on rolling on Pergo anyway. We should team up.

Also, I don't think there are enough Aussie/NZ goons playing this game to warrant playing on a "Oceanic" server that's actually located in Dallas.

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots
I'll be rolling on Dominion Perdus, but with another group of friends. Are there chat channels in game to make for easy cross-guild grouping?

Tokaii
Mar 8, 2004

Oldest Goon
July 29, 1942
If I can play old fart for a minute and remind us all of how far we have come in computer gaming. I played the first commercially available multiplayer RPG on Compuserve in 1982. It was called Dungeons of Kesmai and cost $6.00/hour to play at 300 b/s (yes, bits per second) plus the cost of the phone call to the Compuserve node. I had one month where my Compuserve bill was over $1,000 as I played on the leading guild of the game "Wulf" That month almost ended my marriage.

You played on what was called cursor controlled text. The picture below shows the 'graphic' part of the screen which is obviously merely placement controlled text. The ^ is you facing north. Over to the right would be the key E Orc and A Goblin. If you wanted to fight you might type f a or to escape you might type se ne n to duck through that door and up behind the wall.

Perhaps you will understand then why I consider something like Wildstar for $15/month almost a drat miracle. I know it's an old fart thing, but hell that's what I am.

Tokaii fucked around with this message at 06:38 on May 29, 2014

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kresher posted:

Also, I don't think there are enough Aussie/NZ goons playing this game to warrant playing on a "Oceanic" server that's actually located in Dallas.
Yeah, I'm in Australia and I'm still going to make characters on Pergo and Evindra because the Oceanic servers are in the same place as the others.

Lionguild
Sep 5, 2013

Tokaii posted:

cost $6.00/hour to play at 300 b/s (yes, bits per second) plus the cost of the phone call to the Compuserve node. I had one month where my Compuserve bill was over $1,000

I never knew such a thing existed. I kinda though online gaming only really became a thing in the 90s.

Barfolemew
Dec 5, 2011

Non Serviam
Uh. Only one EN PVP server in europe, it's going to get crowded folks.

Downloaded winauth and it works fine, uploaded it to dropbox too so i always have a backup incase my PC/phone blows up.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

I'd be all for a Squad Goon on Pergo if it could continue to exist for more than a month. It didn't exactly last long in WoW.

Mordecai
May 18, 2003

Known throughout the world! Chop people's head off to the ground! Angry eyes that frighten people! Dragon among humans, king of dragons... Manchurian Derp Deity, Ha Che'er.
Can I get Wildstar authentication without having it on Google? That's going to be annoying, especially if I break or lose my phone.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Tokaii posted:

<Awesome :words: about gaming history>

Never stop posting, good sir goon. It's really inspirational to hear anecdotes like these and see that indeed, older people play (these) games too. I'm all for a more diverse player base, it makes games better.

I can but wish I'll be as cool at your age. It's doubtful, but here's to hoping. :)

Mordecai posted:

Can I get Wildstar authentication without having it on Google? That's going to be annoying, especially if I break or lose my phone.

Use Winauth or something instead. Seems to work fine from what a bunch of goons have posted. Granted, it's still google, but at least it should be less sensitive to phone breakage.

Ironlung37
May 16, 2005

Also ironlung posted about an exile PvP guild but I don't think he has the server and stuff worked out yet, so we pretty much should join up with him since he said he has like 15 guys or w/e already. (ironlung, join the offsite!)

We're going Pergo!

THE PWNER
Sep 7, 2006

by merry exmarx

Ironlung37 posted:

We're going Pergo!

And you need to have really exceptional Accomplishments and Credentials

Ironlung37
May 16, 2005

THE PWNER posted:

We require a skype interview with video and a fax of a picture ID.

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.

Ironlung37 posted:

We're going Pergo!

That's great, because you can already see Pergo has won the poll I made. Do you guys have a name? Or would you be fine with going with w/e name wins the name poll posted tomorrow? There is a thread to nominate names right now on wildstargoons site.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

THE PWNER posted:

I have this.

Currently: WildStar (Evindra: Mkyu - Aurin Esper/MeWow - Aurin Stalker, The Scarlet Company - http://tcabal.enjin.com/vmist)
Formerly: EverQuest (Shaman), DAoC (Enchanter/Nightshade), WoW (Hunter/Druid), LoTRO (Captain), Warhammer Online (Witch Elf), Aion (Cleric), Tera (Healer)
Tried: CoH/CoV, Vanguard, EverQuest 2, Age of Conan, FFXI, Lineage II

Ironlung37
May 16, 2005
We were planning on sticking with <Perfect Gamers> a name we've used before that some of the friends we're bringing with are familiar with.

Gold Dust Gasoline
Jul 11, 2006

Pillbug
Cool, would you prefer we just pm you in game then sometime after launch?

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.

Ironlung37 posted:

We were planning on sticking with <Perfect Gamers> a name we've used before that some of the friends we're bringing with are familiar with.

Whats your in game name gonna be?

Ironlung37
May 16, 2005

Tuxedo Mask posted:

Whats your in game name gonna be?

Cool, would you prefer we just pm you in game then sometime after launch?

Absolutely, Ironlung or Totmur in game.

boy undead
Nov 11, 2006

time to get prolific with
the whiz kid
The lack of Oceanic PVP server makes things needlessly complicated. Do I roll on this "unofficial Oceanic PVP" realm in Widow that is also the home to RP-PVPers and redditors (and likely queues) or just hit up Pergo and risk missing all the fun due to time-zone differences?

(Of course, the answer is obvious.)

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Tokaii posted:

Perhaps you will understand then why I consider something like Wildstar for $15/month almost a drat miracle. I know it's an old fart thing, but hell that's what I am.
Haha. I'm half your age (... which is still pretty old in Goon terms, I guess) but having started with Combat on the 2600, yeah I will never not be endlessly impressed with modern video games. It's been nice to see that evolution in action.

Destoration
Apr 30, 2012
Just needed to mention Inventoroftrees and CapoFerro are goddamn heroes and doublestep is now their slave for life.

(3:11:52 AM) InventorOfTrees: doublestep i better get the first guild raid housing couch or something
(3:12:10 AM) doublestep: i'll build you a skatepark

Tuxedo Mask
Feb 24, 2009

The dude with the tude.

Ironlung37 posted:

Absolutely, Ironlung or Totmur in game.

You should try to get the guild tag [PG]

folgore
Jun 30, 2006

nice tut

angrynaut posted:

The lack of Oceanic PVP server makes things needlessly complicated. Do I roll on this "unofficial Oceanic PVP" realm in Widow that is also the home to RP-PVPers and redditors (and likely queues) or just hit up Pergo and risk missing all the fun due to time-zone differences?

(Of course, the answer is obvious.)

Pergo is going to have tons of players, probably more than Widow. So I wouldn't worry about queues.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Does anyone stream this with any frequency? I have no interest in playing this game but I wouldn't mind watchin a goon play to scratch the itch.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Kresher posted:

Didnt know that about the Oceanic servers, now I wont regret rollin with goons when I get the lag spikes.

Hope to see more oceanic players (or night crew) to hang with.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I am a dumb Oceanic player and I will be playing on Aspergo w/ other goons.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
Wish they would just start with the headstart and release the game 2 days sooner =( they could(i bet)!

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
I am still baffled by the decision to only have one European PvP server. I don't think the devs realise that only french and german people will roll on the FR/DE realms whereas everyone will roll on Hazak.
In beta it was full of Russians and Scandinavians, just like the english PvP servers always are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FunkyFlashman posted:

Wish they would just start with the headstart and release the game 2 days sooner =( they could(i bet)!

I asked the dude that is in charge of the servers this question on Twitter, and he said that they are working on the servers pretty much nonstop up until midnight tonight. They have a lot of work to get everything prepared and its all on a planned schedule making it real hard to launch early.

• Locked thread