Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I've literally never been offline long enough to obtain money :kiddo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheRagamuffin posted:

So apparently silver from offline work is broken now? This has happened to me the last two times I've tried to claim my offline silver:

I'm about done with this game for a while anyway, so I guess this is an appropriate send-off. gently caress you too, Chinagame.

This was happening for a while to me and then it fixed itself giving me 30 liang at once. Now the thing doesnt even show up anymore.

vvv
Really? It used to be that you would log in after work and you'd have some waiting for you.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 27, 2014

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Claim it during kidnapping hours. Just leave it unclicked when you log in, wait until 20:00, then open the menu, click end game, and instead of hitting "quit" click "rewards" and THEN claim it.

You have to be offline through an entire reset cycle, from 0:00 to 23:59, before you can get in the labor queue for any unbound I think.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

StormBringer posted:

I had to post this here because its probably the best screenshot I've ever had the privilege of taking.
I decided to raid my old guild this morning and got this hilarious insult from their leader.

I don't know if i will ever get something this good again but i am hopeful.

*scribble down notes* That one was kind of good. I have to use it someday when fighting a rootless.

So far the Shen family had me:
- Refuse treatment in an emergency (patient too poor)

- Capture bunnies for experiments with needles on them.

- Beat low wage laborers with a staff

- Trap a baby deer for further needle experiments.

- Steal tea leaves.

After that they tested dangerous experimental acupuncture on me without my consent.
I’m not sure I’m ok with that.

I feel like this faction is a breeding ground for demented serial killers. Are the beast villa or Xu family quest line and daily tasks less horrifying? Do they ask you to throw kittens in the river and collect debt money on widows forced to sell their children into servitude ?

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Kylra posted:

Claim it during kidnapping hours. Just leave it unclicked when you log in, wait until 20:00, then open the menu, click end game, and instead of hitting "quit" click "rewards" and THEN claim it.

You have to be offline through an entire reset cycle, from 0:00 to 23:59, before you can get in the labor queue for any unbound I think.

No, I'm pretty sure I've gotten it with something like 15 hours offline before. Very rarely, though.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Beast Villa quests are pretty consistently destroying animals. Different types of animals for every tier, but so far it seems the faction that loves animals pretty much just wants to hunt them for parts.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

madmario posted:

Yesss? The value of a cell phone has not gone down, has it? They're even more valuable now, and more affordable than ever, and absolutely ubiquitous. Of course we live in an inflationary economy generally--I do not think of that as a good thing. My point is that in an actual free market, prices going down is generally a good sign as to the wealth of society. Cell phones are just a handy illustrative example.

They are an extremely poor cherry-picked example. The price of electronics has gone down, but most people don't need electronics to live and electronics isn't a huge part of their budget. On the other hand, the price of food, fuel, housing, education, vehicles, and healthcare has gone up dramatically over the last 50 years, and that poo poo is someone's budget.

madmario posted:

Because opportunity cost is real, and because you need to eat tomorrow and to drive your car to work today.

Yes, hence the 'if you can buy it tomorrow' clause. But as noted above, you don't need every good right now. So markets like housing, factories, etc. slow down and eventually people just stop making those goods, so you can't get them when you need them. Then the economy implodes.

quote:

We do not have a free market in wushu. We have central planning. And central planning is dumb and infuriating. This is a Soviet economy.

Literally every MMO is a planned economy. It can't not be a planned economy, by definition!

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
So this war tonight went...poorly. Bad calls and a lack of coms hurt us pretty badly.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Specifically, people making calls while not in teamspeak hosed us.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Remind me why people come to guild wars and aren't in TS?

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

Haquer posted:

Remind me why people come to guild wars and aren't in TS?

Circlejerks.

In other news, guess who joined NoTrabbu? Our good friend Natalie! :psyduck:

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
Well, she did say she was going to.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

HapiMerchant posted:

Circlejerks.

In other news, guess who joined NoTrabbu? Our good friend Natalie! :psyduck:

Word is they're thrilled to have her.

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haroshia posted:

Nobody really cares. IDK how any of you find this interesting enough to care at all.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Shalhavet posted:

Specifically, people making calls while not in teamspeak hosed us.

Woah that's certainly never happened before.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hole Wolf posted:

Nobody really cares. IDK how any of you find this interesting enough to care at all.

It was only brought up because a few people were complaining in TS :v:

But seriously, let's keep the drama to Mutou and Tox :sun:

Speaking of, somebody asked him after Hua how tox is doing and mutou only said "why would I know" ice cold

Hole Wolf
Apr 28, 2011

Haquer posted:

It was only brought up because a few people were complaining in TS :v:

But seriously, let's keep the drama to Mutou and Tox :sun:

Speaking of, somebody asked him after Hua how tox is doing and mutou only said "why would I know" ice cold

Cucked by his teenage internet mistress :eyepop:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Hole Wolf posted:

Cucked by his teenage internet mistress :eyepop:

Can't turn a camwhore into an e-housewife.

PassiveSentence
Jun 2, 2013

Haroshia posted:

Can't turn a camwhore into an e-housewife.

He didn't have enough heart.

Remember the Peace :taco: 2013-2013

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

PassiveSentence posted:

He didn't have enough heart.

Remember the Peace :taco: 2013-2013

We've tried, unsuccessfully I might add, to bring up the peace taco with Public Enemy since most are ex-Brasil and none of them respond :smith:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apparently 5th school internals are out in china version of chinagame.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23034&sid=fbd77096ad2df3151014de6ee98b06c3

The previous rumors were all mostly wrong. 5th school inners are apparently very close active wise to jianghu inners. You have to complete a quest chain to unlock the tier + first leves. Then you can complete a weekly 7 times cap event, daily trade in of certs/sheepskin and challenge fights to get the new currency used to get higher levels.

Jianghu inners got a boost to their cap as well and are now at 75 which will be two strength identities higher than 5th inners will be.

The way the game calculates your strength level changes when you go over "100" with each new level in your inner giving you 2 points in the calculation instead of one. So Jianghu inners, which right now are at 100, will get an additional 22 points from their 11 levels, which takes them to "hidden talent". School inners are at 90 right now so, 5th ones will start at around 55-60 (Peak of Power) and cap out at 110-115 (Unique).

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 14:49 on May 28, 2014

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Apparently 5th school internals are out in china version of chinagame.

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23034&sid=fbd77096ad2df3151014de6ee98b06c3

The previous rumors were all mostly wrong. 5th school inners are apparently very close active wise to jianghu inners. You have to complete a quest chain to unlock the tier + first leves. Then you can complete a weekly 7 times cap event, daily trade in of certs/sheepskin and challenge fights to get the new currency used to get higher levels.

Jianghu inners got a boost to their cap as well and are now at 75 which will be two strength identities higher than 5th inners will be.

The way the game calculates your strength level changes when you go over "100" with each new level in your inner giving you 2 points in the calculation instead of one. So Jianghu inners, which right now are at 100, will get an additional 22 points from their 11 levels, which takes them to "hidden talent". School inners are at 90 right now so, 5th ones will start at around 55-60 (Peak of Power) and cap out at 110-115 (Unique).

Yeah none of them are as OP as their beta versions. And I love that a few of them basically mimic one of the favored pay2win jianghu inner :cripes:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I dont know, there were two conflicting "beta" 5th internals and their skills were incredibly OP. No way in hell would you get an inner that makes a person invincible for 15 while at low health and then have them recover a portion of the damage that they sustained in that state. They'd be immortal during guild wars.

These seem a whole lot more down to earth but also incredibly dull in comparison.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Anyone got a video of the castration ritual?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Please add diplomacy.gif to the op

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

So last week I accidentally click a horrible lore item from one the dudes in the banks and ended up eating half of the profits I got from selling a ancient tai chi frag to EmperorDing. I was pretty loving bummed out because I was going to use the money to buy more internals and gear.

Today I was about to start a tp when the leader dropped for an afk check. The moment we are about to start for real I see the red lantern with the girl from ancient taichi RE and I couldnt believe it was for me. But it was, chinagame loving love me.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
No wars tomorrow. HeJie timed out his bid, Rebellion prot warred P-E, TDH sat around with their thumbs up their rear end, and then this happened:

Not pictured: Haquertal and I bouncing him around with DHCH and chain.

JackDRipper
Feb 13, 2013

Its all about the Fishing.

Shalhavet posted:

No wars tomorrow. HeJie timed out his bid, Rebellion prot warred P-E, TDH sat around with their thumbs up their rear end, and then this happened:

Not pictured: Haquertal and I bouncing him around with DHCH and chain.

I see Chinagame insulting still owns all. One of these days I will load the game back up and see if I can get me some Viet love.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Daily information post for chinagame. First topic, actual china versions incoming update.

As I mentioned yesterday, the latest china version patch included 5th internals and updates to jianghu inners. Jianghu faction inners are also getting a boost taking them to t5 status. A new ancient set is being released, ancient sets are going to go up to level 10, school 1-3 sets are going to go up to 11 and 4th sets to 8.

New instances are going to be made that drop the new currency to upgrade your 5th inners.

Complete details are Here for those that can speak this moon language with like 3000 characters.

Also for our version, Snail is planning to aggressively re-introduce inflation to the game. I'll just quote Earthquake since its faster

Earthquake making sense finally posted:

Greetings. Please be aware, this topic is my #1 priority. I have read all of the posts in this thread and check it for updates on a daily basis.

I am currently in talks with the technical team / Developer team on a daily basis on this topic.

Here are my current talking points with the Dev team.
1. Lower price of Ding to $15-20 USD / Ding.
2. Make Kidnapping VIP only.
3. Add another period to the Greedy Kidnapping Event.

The above are all feedback and suggestions provided by players in this thread. While other suggestions including the development of new game mechanics are promising, they are not able to be implemented quickly, thus they will be provided on a separate report to the Dev Team.

Due to the fact that we will not be having a maintenance this week, no changes will be made as far as a resolution for this topic. I hope to have an update on this topic by maintenance time, next week.

Thank you for your continuous participation in this thread, your feedback and suggestions are invaluable.

Will they actually carry through with it? Who knows! I know I'll be holding unto the frag and books I just got for a few weeks instead of selling them now.

vvv
Yep. Its insane.

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:07 on May 29, 2014

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

What is the current price of ding? 30 bucks right?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Third World Reggin posted:

What is the current price of ding? 30 bucks right?

Yep. It's great since to get a blue qin lore you had to buy at least 5ding which means $150 United States Dollars.

I bought the lore from some dumb pay2win for 900L yesterday :v:

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

For those who can't read moon runes, there's this. 5th inner info

The tael price lowering is long overdue as well. I doubt it will cause much inflation in the high end goods market because the price of high end goods is pegged off the cost of illegal taels, not actual Snail taels. Current price is between 10-15 bucks per ding from gold farmers. They might undercut harder, but if they do it will be a difference of a few bucks rather than half the price. IMO it's a good idea.

Haroshia fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 29, 2014

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I've noticed that since the expansion came out, arhat fist's knockup and piledriver combo is working a lot more often. Is lotus palm's combo working now as well?

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

ponzicar posted:

I've noticed that since the expansion came out, arhat fist's knockup and piledriver combo is working a lot more often. Is lotus palm's combo working now as well?

Yes. So is the Emei combo. Also, gently caress you for having the Arhat combo.

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

Yeah my eyebrows seems more accurate about air, at least the first hit. Second is still bad.

Just a quick note since I hadn't seen it mentioned: excursion doesn't lock your fourth set, despite the wording of the npc and the website. Just lowers it to 4 like the others. And every internal lowered to 30, which sucks for tangmen. It tracks your cap and level of each skill and internal as of when you excursioned.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

:sun:

Also, wars tonight and I don't know where and don't really care! But Guardianes declared on a NoTrabbu base and HUATAHHHHH declared on an Enigma base so it's going to be a split war since I think the only ally they share is Public Enemy (lol).

Somebody else can write a more :effort: post, but I really don't feel like warring tonight since I have other things to do v:shobon:v

madmario
Mar 30, 2014

While you sleep,
your enemy practices.

Haroshia posted:

Not what I heard. Except from bumba. Do the math on that.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

madmario posted:

Not what I heard. Except from bumba. Do the math on that.

I forgot my sarcasm tag.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
I forgot to add to my post that apparently leaders in resurrection eat paste so Prosperity didn't click into the Enigma war but supposedly did for the NoTrabbu war :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

FebrezeNinja posted:

Just a quick note since I hadn't seen it mentioned: excursion doesn't lock your fourth set, despite the wording of the npc and the website. Just lowers it to 4 like the others.

To 4, or by 4?