Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.
Game was working perfectly up until the last patch and now I get memory overflows every 10 minutes. :smithicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Maxmaps posted:

I've been running the chillest crew of nerds I have had the pleasure of meeting since early 2011. All the while raiding hard enough to be part of the top guilds of our server. Maybe your experiences are tainted with inferior leadership, though. :smaug:

As long as people aren't ERPing while we're trying raid. Then all bets are off. :colbert: Oh, I'm sorry, I mean 'watching professional League of Legends'.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Tsurupettan posted:

As long as people aren't ERPing while we're trying raid. Then all bets are off. :colbert: Oh, I'm sorry, I mean 'watching professional League of Legends'.

This is why we need an emoticon that is :fap: with an orc instead of a person. That motherfucker. :argh:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Maxmaps posted:

I've been running the chillest crew of nerds I have had the pleasure of meeting since early 2011. All the while raiding hard enough to be part of the top guilds of our server. Maybe your experiences are tainted with inferior leadership, though. :smaug:

Yeah, when the goon presence in a game ends up being chill, then you get the best of both worlds. Too bad it doesn't always shake out that way.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Tha Chodesweller posted:

See, the weird thing is, I played the gently caress out of GW2. Then I hit level 80, and there wasn't anything to do. So these crazy rear end raids in WildStar look good - I didn't quite like raids in WoW so much because as a DPS, it wasn't very involving.

GW2 had engaging gameplay, but when your endgame is "grind for currency to buy cosmetic items" it's just... no. Not fun.

Yeah, the idea behind Guild Wars 2 is you're always playing the end-game, because the entire game is the end-game. Unfortunately that translated into all of the content falling flat and it wasn't helped by the boring and limiting action set.

The cool thing about Wildstar is that it's releasing with substantial end-game content for a variety of different players. There are multiple release BGs, including rated BGs, Arenas and Warplots for PvP players. There are Veteran dungeons which scale up and include additional content over their normal versions and a substantial amount of raid content with more in the works. There is even a max level daily zone for those who just haven't had enough of dailies. There is plenty to do and it's largely well-polished, especially for a release MMO.

Metrohunter posted:

Game was working perfectly up until the last patch and now I get memory overflows every 10 minutes. :smithicide:

Try forcing the client to run DX9 or DX11, this solved those issues for me when it happened earlier in beta. Adding " -dx11" to the end of the target string in your shortcut will force DX11.

Windchilla fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 29, 2014

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

WarLocke posted:

Yeah, when the goon presence in a game ends up being chill, then you get the best of both worlds. Too bad it doesn't always shake out that way.

Speaking of such, just want to give a head's up to any Lowca SWG Goons. I'm pretty sure a few of us are going to be on - though I haven't seen if joshie is. Been hoping Foglera and Glug will show up. Anyways, there should be quite a large range of players on this one. Haven't seen as many since SWTOR crashed/released.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

I said come in! posted:

Launching eastern time is always the better option for everyone. Midnight on the east coast, but 9pm pacific.

I guess it messes up Europe but considering the clients and what not are separate, I don't get why they couldn't have done a US/EU release at different times.

Basically getting up/staying up until 3am is bullshit :colbert:

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I'm not even sure why circles have leader/officer/member distinctions but now I need rank names for Nexus Housing Authority (16 characters max) and I don't speak red tape :saddowns:

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Republicanus posted:

Speaking of such, just want to give a head's up to any Lowca SWG Goons. I'm pretty sure a few of us are going to be on

:hfive:

Is joshie still around?

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe

WarLocke posted:

I'm not even sure why circles have leader/officer/member distinctions but now I need rank names for Nexus Housing Authority (16 characters max) and I don't speak red tape :saddowns:

1. Poobah
2. Tycoon
3. Boss
4. Assistant Crackwhore
5. Leadership Assistant Intern
6. Plebe

Jfizzoid posted:

:hfive:

Is joshie still around?

I thought I saw his avatar about two months ago in some random thread. Can't remember what it was, but I am sure he's still around.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

WarLocke posted:

The highest rank should be Donald Trump and the lowest rank should be Donald Trump's hair.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

That's why you don't stay up. Go to bed a bit earlier and set your alarm for 2:55am, or if you have your name locked down, wake up an hour after launch at 4, after the worst of the rush is over. You will either hop right on and get to play all day, or discover that the login servers have predictably crashed, and wouldn't have missed a single minute.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

TyrantWD posted:

That's why you don't stay up. Go to bed a bit earlier and set your alarm for 2:55am, or if you have your name locked down, wake up an hour after launch at 4, after the worst of the rush is over. You will either hop right on and get to play all day, or discover that the login servers have predictably crashed, and wouldn't have missed a single minute.

Or just don't plan your day around your mmo fixation like a normal person.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Republicanus posted:

Speaking of such, just want to give a head's up to any Lowca SWG Goons. I'm pretty sure a few of us are going to be on - though I haven't seen if joshie is. Been hoping Foglera and Glug will show up. Anyways, there should be quite a large range of players on this one. Haven't seen as many since SWTOR crashed/released.

I reset my password for my ncsoft account, and now wildstar won't let me log in with it to buy their game, so it's all in gods hands now man. All in gods hands.

edit: wtf man.
Has me verify my account for the fifth time, wants me to update my display name, and after doing so.. kicks me out. I go back through and now that name is unavailable (because I AM USING IT..).. and then the site is not letting me log in again. poo poo is bonko.

edit again:> apparently login issues are an issue, they may not want my money.

glug fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 29, 2014

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Kewpuh posted:

Are you going to play with Rankil? I was trying to decide if I actually wanted to purchase another goddamned MMO

Yep... so should you!

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I guess it messes up Europe but considering the clients and what not are separate, I don't get why they couldn't have done a US/EU release at different times.

Look up housing prices for california, you'll feel better about the whole thing.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

How exactly the does save/load character thing work? I copy the code it gives me but when I paste it again it will never let me update the character(it just remains blank).

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Bauxite posted:

Look up housing prices for california, you'll feel better about the whole thing.

Arizona is PST (usually) and has cheap houses!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Evil Canadian posted:

How exactly the does save/load character thing work? I copy the code it gives me but when I paste it again it will never let me update the character(it just remains blank).

The new interface for that is hosed up and tends to create a new line when you paste. Hit backspace once or twice and the race and gender of the code should pop up.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Holyshoot posted:

Not as cheap as Detroit!

:suicide:

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PYt0SDnrBE

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Anoia posted:

The new interface for that is hosed up and tends to create a new line when you paste. Hit backspace once or twice and the race and gender of the code should pop up.

I have no problem with the race/gender thing showing up, it just will not let me hit update to then bring that character up. I don't know exactly what I am missing here and just wanna make sure I got this correct for when launch happens.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe

glug posted:

...ncsoft account weirdness---

Here's what I had to do - I had an "NC Soft Master Account" which went sideways and kablooey. I also had a "NC Account" which autograbbed my old Lineage II beta account (why? No idea) and that one I was able to verify. I used this link:
https://login.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/plaync_login.pl

which I set up with my primary id being my email address. Later in the setup, I gave it a name to use. When I tried to do the "NC Soft Master Account" bullshit, I started with my "account name" and it was all hosed up that way.

Try with your email first, and use that link.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Rhymenoserous posted:

Waking up two hours early for an MMO launch is not much of an effort. You do it once every 12-18 months. If you were going to sit and play an MMO for most of the day on Saturday, you might as well get some sleep before hand rather than try and pull an all-nighter.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

Heres my plan: Not give a poo poo and just get up if I want at 3am to play video games or not.

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Republicanus posted:

Here's what I had to do - I had an "NC Soft Master Account" which went sideways and kablooey. I also had a "NC Account" which autograbbed my old Lineage II beta account (why? No idea) and that one I was able to verify. I used this link:
https://login.ncsoft.com/cgi-bin/plaync_login.pl

which I set up with my primary id being my email address. Later in the setup, I gave it a name to use. When I tried to do the "NC Soft Master Account" bullshit, I started with my "account name" and it was all hosed up that way.

Try with your email first, and use that link.

Ugh. Working on it now. In the meantime I bought it through GMG with 20% off, so 48 bones for regular digital no surfboard.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Fun Shoe
You might need to just make a new account for Wildstar with a new email.
In any event, I'm jazzed to see you on - it'll be a blast.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Hey! At least its dry heat.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Rhymenoserous posted:

The gently caress? It's a Saturday, why does it matter?

Nullset
Apr 21, 2010

Evil Canadian posted:

I have no problem with the race/gender thing showing up, it just will not let me hit update to then bring that character up. I don't know exactly what I am missing here and just wanna make sure I got this correct for when launch happens.

Make sure that the race/gender in the character creator matches the code you're trying to use. For example, if you try to use a Chua code while creating a Mechari it doesn't let you update.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

doomisland posted:

Heres my plan: Not give a poo poo and just get up if I want at 3am to play video games or not.

This guy gets it. This is my plan, too.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

Nullset posted:

Make sure that the race/gender in the character creator matches the code you're trying to use. For example, if you try to use a Chua code while creating a Mechari it doesn't let you update.

Oh goddamn that is exactly it I am sure, I just was using whatever the creator started with(which was an exile character I think). Oh well good to know now.

dudeman
Jun 1, 2007

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Sorry if this has been posted already, but the thread moves fast.

What's the deal with name reservation?

I see there was apparently a site but when I try to access it I just got linked to the game's main site instead?

Edit: vvvv awww okay, thanks :(

See you guys in game on Sat!

dudeman fucked around with this message at 22:27 on May 29, 2014

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

dudeman posted:

Sorry if this has been posted already, but the thread moves fast.

What's the deal with name reservation?

I see there was apparently a site but when I try to access it I just got linked to the game's main site instead?

Time's up, early registration is over. Sorry man :(

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
I am not getting a verification email from the forums even after resending it. This makes me sad.

Strategy
Jul 1, 2002

Republicanus posted:

SWG Lowca goons, the best goon guild of all time.

I miss my old buddy m87, sadly I dont know his forum name.

Strategy fucked around with this message at 22:50 on May 29, 2014

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?
Looks like realms are down now, but I did get some good data that I was looking for while they were up.

I think I've figured out Armor to Resistance calculations... they seem to be rather similar to League of Legends.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Maxmaps posted:

This is why we need an emoticon that is :fap: with an orc instead of a person. That motherfucker. :argh:
:fh:

The modular smilies like :fh: and :hf: and :respek: are the best parts of our smilie pack.

Maxmaps
Oct 21, 2008

Not actually a shark.

Collateral Damage posted:

:fh:

The modular smilies like :fh: and :hf: and :respek: are the best parts of our smilie pack.

Brilliant. Entirely and completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets burn
Nov 2, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Will Chua be the <Goon Squad> comedy race of choice?

• Locked thread