Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
I love the writers at Pelgrane, they clearly enjoy their work.

Kobold motivations posted:

draconic self-apotheosis pyramid schemes operating in the sewers of Axis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Captain Walker, how many Talents are Seekers suppoused to have? I can't seem to find it in your 1.0 document.

Also the Adventurer feat of Bloodbonded Weaponmaster references Tidal Spirit Shot which I'm pretty sure is supposed to be Blade Shot, which is the renamed boon above it.

Stallion Cabana fucked around with this message at 18:50 on May 26, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I was working a lot on layout and making look pretty, so instead of talents being displayed in two places, they are now in no places. Seekers get 3. They don't get more at higher levels.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Owner of Mystic Theurge Publications

FishFood posted:

Would they work alright if I nixed those two talents, or maybe limited them to 1 adventurer feat, 1 champion feat, and 1 epic feat?

Haven't tried it myself, but my hunch is that limiting would be sufficient.

edit - I was trying to read the Seeker and then it disappeared. What happened?

RyvenCedrylle fucked around with this message at 17:51 on May 27, 2014

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
I had trouble figuring out how to make Google Drive let me upload revisions, instead of having to change the URL every time. Here's Seeker 1.0a, I don't anticipate the link will change again but y'know. Stuff happens.

quick e: This class is not balanced yet, like at all! If you play one for gently caress's sake let me know how over/underpowered it is!

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

That Seeker's good business. Talents are top-notch.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

Captain Walker posted:

I had trouble figuring out how to make Google Drive let me upload revisions, instead of having to change the URL every time. Here's Seeker 1.0a, I don't anticipate the link will change again but y'know. Stuff happens.

quick e: This class is not balanced yet, like at all! If you play one for gently caress's sake let me know how over/underpowered it is!

I might be getting into Mors' Theros game as one so if I do I'll be sure to tell you. I'm a little unsure already because the d12 on all attacks for damage dice from Treetop Sniper is pretty scary but I don't want to pass judgement on it right now.

Doublehex
Jan 29, 2009

Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

Stallion Cabana posted:

I might be getting into Mors' Theros game as one so if I do I'll be sure to tell you. I'm a little unsure already because the d12 on all attacks for damage dice from Treetop Sniper is pretty scary but I don't want to pass judgement on it right now.

Any place to signup for that, because I love the Theros setting and actually want to play 13th Age instead of running it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Here ya go.

RyvenCedrylle
Dec 12, 2010

Stallion Cabana posted:

But it has basically no other damage boosts. He just rolled all the bonus damage from Sneak Attacks or crit fishing or little sporadic static bonuses into the main damage die. I think it looks more intimidating than it would actually be in play.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
So, small question. If a monster/PC has an attack that says "2 attacks" or even "3 attacks", does it mean it rolls for damage three times as well if it hits 3 times? Or is it just 3 chances to hit instead of one, and the damage is applied one time?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
It means exactly what it says on the tin: it has three different attack rolls, each of which goes on to resolve completely including any damage effects or effects that require certain die rolls.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

RyvenCedrylle posted:

But it has basically no other damage boosts. He just rolled all the bonus damage from Sneak Attacks or crit fishing or little sporadic static bonuses into the main damage die. I think it looks more intimidating than it would actually be in play.

Yeah this is why I'm not sure. I worry about it combined with the double shot abilities but like you said there's no crit fishing or sneak attacks and the chance of getting a poo poo roll is actually going to be higher then the crit fishing because you aren't doubling your damage, you're just rolling a d12.

I'll see what it does if I get accepted and go from there.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

Would goons be interested in a 13th Age dataset for PCGen or something similar? I've found that the excel spreadsheet on the Pelgrane site doesn't really meet my needs for having things on the character sheet and prettiness, and hasn't got a bunch of the extra classes (Stalwart etc) in it either.

On a related note to this:

Roll20 just rolled out their new Character Sheet update, and it's shiny and there's a 13th Age sheet up there, but it definitely needs some love; the layout is a bit lacking, and the fields for Talents/Spells just don't provide anywhere near enough text space, so if someone with some real CSS skills wanted to improve on it, I'm sure it'd be welcome.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Roll20's new update also broke the way I was doing the Escalation Die, I think you need to have the "Escalation Die" character set to be controlled/editable by all players now for them to reference its attributes in macros. I haven't gotten into if there's a better way to do it yet.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Blegh, layouts of character sheets cannot be edited without Mentor status, and I don't feel like paying

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
I finally organized some of the monsters I've been using into a format that's useful to other people, so here's The Dead Six, some undead for parties in Champion-low Epic tiers. For some reason on my computer the images don't look right in Google Drive on my end but if you download it they're fine. The art is small and ancillary, anyway.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

RyvenCedrylle posted:

I'm not much of a coder but if it's a similar DC as adding to the old offline 4E character builder, I can probably at least fail forward.

Covok posted:

I've never worked with PCGen, but I have prior experience programming. I could help out.

Kenderama posted:

I was thinking about doing this same sorta thing with Hero Lab.. I can't program, but I can data-entry and proofread like crazy!

Sorry about the delayed response, life got in the way.

Not everyone has PMs, so maybe email, or a Facebook or Google+ group might be the best way to discuss and coordinate this? Any other suggestions (Github or something similar)?

My email is my SA username @ gmail for anyone who wants to get in touch and involved.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

CaptainPsyko posted:

On a related note to this:

Roll20 just rolled out their new Character Sheet update, and it's shiny and there's a 13th Age sheet up there, but it definitely needs some love; the layout is a bit lacking, and the fields for Talents/Spells just don't provide anywhere near enough text space, so if someone with some real CSS skills wanted to improve on it, I'm sure it'd be welcome.

I made it... No one else wanted to at the time. I was focusing on making it work rather than being fancy. Also for some reason it renders differantly than on the dev server. The text labels that proceed input boxes used to be on the same line. I have not been able to fix it. I have been experimenting with using tables to force them to follow them. but that is a bandaid solution.

on the dev server it looks like the attached image. The main server breaks it entirely. I even brought my HTML and CSS directly into my campaign since I am a mentor. And the formatting still breaks on the main server.

People who wish to improve it, fork it from here https://github.com/Roll20/roll20-character-sheets/tree/master/13th_Age

Edit: I found out what the hell happened to the formatting, somehow the label got messed up in the css field. I am going to push a fix to github tonight for at least that flaw. Will have to wait for roll20 devs to accept it in of course

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Twibbit fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 29, 2014

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

and they already merged the request, now to figure out how to do any of the other stuff people want my sheet to do :V

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Twibbit posted:

and they already merged the request, now to figure out how to do any of the other stuff people want my sheet to do :V

The number one thing I'd like is the ability to have enough space to paste the *effect* of the various spells or talents on my sheet along with their names.

Edit: if you wanted to add the ability to add a list of renamable fields similar to the attack ones, where we can set the dice/quantity/stats that would be extra rad.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ok picked up the rpg day adventure, navigated some clique bs, and will be running!

Smite Evil is still hilariously vague. You can use it "Once per battle, plus an additional three times a day."

So every battle, and three times when you're not fighting. Got it.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Wait, how'd you get the module already?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

moths posted:

Ok picked up the rpg day adventure, navigated some clique bs, and will be running!

Smite Evil is still hilariously vague. You can use it "Once per battle, plus an additional three times a day."

So every battle, and three times when you're not fighting. Got it.

How exactly is that vague? To put it in 4E terms, you get it as an Encounter power and as a Daily with three uses.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

CaptainPsyko posted:

The number one thing I'd like is the ability to have enough space to paste the *effect* of the various spells or talents on my sheet along with their names.

Edit: if you wanted to add the ability to add a list of renamable fields similar to the attack ones, where we can set the dice/quantity/stats that would be extra rad.

I think that would require me to make them into text areas rather than text boxes, doable, though it kind of raises the point why I did not just make the whole section a text area <.<

the next one is a toughie for a person like me. If someone knows the html and css witchery to do that, feel free to tell me so I can then use it.

Just made a pull request for putting a text area in for One Unique things since a roll20 forum user requested it, not sure why they wanted that since that would easily go in the bio. Expect that and the updated preview sometime today

moths
Aug 25, 2004

My LGS gives modules to GMs when they arrive so we can prep adequately.

PantsOptional posted:

How exactly is that vague? To put it in 4E terms, you get it as an Encounter power and as a Daily with three uses.

It says once per battle, and then "plus an additional three times a day." People without a 4e background (ie: half my playtest group) came up with a half dozen of interesting readings of that. If it's only three times a day, why say plus additional? Is it every battle with three bonus exception smites a day? Is it four?

It should read " three times a day (but no more than once a battle)" if they wanted to go that route.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

"Every meal, plus an additional three times a day, you get a Pepsi." doesn't convey that you will only get three cans of Pepsi.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

You get one use of it per battle, and you also get a pool of X additional uses (in this case, three) that you can parcel out over the course of the day. I've never seen this problem come up before despite the fact that it's phrased almost exactly the same way in the core book.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
What are you saying? It is not three times per day. It is once per battle, but you can also use it another three times in a "day" Remember when they say day they really mean between full heal ups which should be four battles.

You can use it once per battle. If you have already used it that battle, yet still have some of your three per day uses, you can still use it again that battle. Doing so takes a use from your three per day.

Lets say you use it once in your first battle, you still have 3 per day left. In your second battle you use it twice, now you are down to 2/3 per day left. In the third battle things get hairy and you use it three times. Now you are down to 0/3 uses per day. When the fourth battle comes around you can still use it once, because as said you get it once per battle, but that is the limit because you are out of per day uses.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora

moths posted:

My LGS gives modules to GMs when they arrive so we can prep adequately.

It says once per battle, and then "plus an additional three times a day." People without a 4e background (ie: half my playtest group) came up with a half dozen of interesting readings of that. If it's only three times a day, why say plus additional? Is it every battle with three bonus exception smites a day? Is it four?

It should read " three times a day (but no more than once a battle)" if they wanted to go that route.

I've never played 4e and I have no idea where you're getting the idea that it means "only three times a day, once per battle." You get to use it once per battle for free, and you have an extra three uses per day to split among battles as you see fit. If you want to burn all three extra uses in one battle, which is four total uses in that battle, you still get one use in any battles that happen before the next full heal-up.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

We ran it with a group that had some really new gamers, but the big sticking points were that it gave apparently contradictory values. Eventually we went with the right way (since it was more smiting,) but there's no real way to convey how something caused a 45 minute discussion that nobody wanted. We got it down to between what you said in your first and second posts, but when an example would have cleared it up.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
I'm going to be starting a game of this tomorrow, using the rules and style of the game to do a last age of the samurai urban fantasy game set in Meiji restoration Japan. It'll have rotating gms, and a total of five players, and I've already got three people's One Unique Things, give or take a bit of the wording.

I am half demon.

I am an immortal ronin seeking an honorable death. (My character)

I am Joseph Smith.

This game seems like it'll be pretty great. We've never played 13th Age before, but come from a heavy background of mostly 3.5 and some 4e, and a handful of us in the group have been playing nothing but Dungeon World for a couple of months now, so I think we've got this.

Shoombo fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 29, 2014

moths
Aug 25, 2004

You might want to reconsider some of those - part of the idea it's that they are literally unique. Nobody else in the campaign world is half demon if that's a player's one thing.

That and the revenge samurai both work GREAT as backgrounds, though. And didn't Joseph Smith write the Book of Mormon? I think someone in history beat you to that particular unique thing.

Edit: Joseph Smith as an Icon would be pretty rad.

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.

moths posted:

You might want to reconsider some of those - part of the idea it's that they are literally unique. Nobody else in the campaign world is half demon if that's a player's one thing.

That and the revenge samurai both work GREAT as backgrounds, though. And didn't Joseph Smith write the Book of Mormon? I think someone in history beat you to that particular unique thing.

Edit: Joseph Smith as an Icon would be pretty rad.

I had a player have their OUT be "I am possessed by a demon." I took it literally and had them be the only person in the history of forever to be possessed by a demon, which lead to some amazing story hooks as every major magic icon desperately tried to figure out what made them so special.

The point is, if someone's OUT is they're half demon, then that means they're really special and their life is about to get really complicated.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.

moths posted:

We ran it with a group that had some really new gamers, but the big sticking points were that it gave apparently contradictory values. Eventually we went with the right way (since it was more smiting,) but there's no real way to convey how something caused a 45 minute discussion that nobody wanted. We got it down to between what you said in your first and second posts, but when an example would have cleared it up.

The wording sucks but the best way to think about it I guess is like 4e's Lay on Hands, but as if it were an encounter power instead of at-will.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Oh, yeah it would be absolutely cool to be the only half-demon - but just be clear what you're signing up for.

Also I missed the word 'immortal' in the Ronin one, that totally works.

Shoombo
Jan 1, 2013
Yes, Joseph Smith wrote the book of Mormon. And his One Unique Thing is that he is Joseph Smith. He is literally the creator of Mormonism running around in 1870's Japan. Somehow. The actual dude died in 1844, but I mean, this is unique. So he came back somehow.

And yeah, I'm pretty sure the half-demon player knows that he is literally the only person to be so. He intentionally hides his identity in over-obscuring armor because it causes him so much trouble.

Down With People
Oct 31, 2012

The child delights in violence.
Having Literally Joseph Smith in your party is either going to be terrible or amazing, so keep us posted.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

Loki_XLII posted:

Yes, Joseph Smith wrote the book of Mormon. And his One Unique Thing is that he is Joseph Smith. He is literally the creator of Mormonism running around in 1870's Japan. Somehow. The actual dude died in 1844, but I mean, this is unique. So he came back somehow.

Jesus is back!

And this time he has a message for his other, other children, the Japanese the Ainu.

This summer, Joesph Smith presents, the sequel to the groundbreaking The Book of Mormon,

2 Mormon 2 Religious

Basically,

Down With People posted:

Having Literally Joseph Smith in your party is either going to be terrible or amazing, so keep us posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Better have a Background involving his awesome magic trick of putting a rock in a hat to find stuff and read Reformed Egyptian.