Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PenUltimateWarrior
Nov 1, 2009

:siren:TEAR DOWN THE COCKPIT DOOR, HO KOGAN:siren:

Massive thanks for this. Chances of finding him when he hits Australia are close to zero, and even with shipping and $80 price tag he is probably the same price as getting him here. Again, massive thanks for the heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I want to know how TRU UK is justifying £99 ($165) for MP Grimlock. Aside from 'Ha, gently caress you fanboy', that is.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, it's a specialty item, you see, and there's really no demand for it and...

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
Just ordered my Grimlock. So hyped about this dude. I can stop harassing my local TRU employees until MP Prowl drops.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Just posting to say that I did not order an MP Grimlock because I already own one. Sure, I want that little crown and my Takara one has hosed-up chrome on the eyes. And I could resell it for a profit even without the crown and part I need swapped. But I had enough will power for once and I'm posting this instead of being a greedy fucker. Keepin myself honest.

nematode antipode
Feb 26, 2014
...and it's gone before I can check out. It's MP Soundwave all over again. :rodimus:

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Walked into local TRU, walked out with MP Grimlock. Today has been acceptable.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I don't particularly like Grimlock so I'd like to see what Fanstoys version will look like.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Is Galvatron getting a evolution 2 pack?

Because that Optimus Prime one looks very similar to the Cloud one, so I was kinda hoping we could have gotten G1 Voyager Tank Megatron.

ForeverSmug
Oct 9, 2012

Okay, wow. So a couple notes on MP Grimlock:

1) This is the loosest loving toy I've ever had. I have Beast Wars toys from when I was a kid that have tighter joints than this.
2) While his hips are practically dangling, his knees ratchet joints. Tights ratchet joints. DANGEROUSLY TIGHT rachet joints attached to small, thin plastic posts. And I thought MP Soundwave's hips were bad...
3) His tail accordions into his feet, which is cool, but nothing actually pegs in, so the chrome tips of his tail are always going to flop inwards.
4) Speaking of chrome, mine had some discoloration/fingerprint marks already- while it was still in the plastic. So uh, good luck with keeping that poo poo shiny.
5)This one isn't a dealbreaker, but unlike most MPs, Grimlock has a light-up gimmick. It's not bad, but it's not that great either, and it makes his weapons look strange when they aren't using it. FoC Grimlock's lights were more impressive looking.

So.... I guess he's passable? Definitely not $250, maybe not even the $80 I paid. He's impressive looking, I guess, but I'm just constantly let down by the Masterpiece line as actual toys.

Also, on AoE Deluxe Strafe: those of you worried about "gorilla arms" needn't worry. His fists don't actually rotate back into his wrists; in fact they have little to no horizontal motion at all. Instead, you can move them up and down slightly.

I'm hoping they find a way to retool the head into a single head that splits apart, give it a new tail (the whole tail piece is a single soft plastic part), a new gun, an orange splash of paint, and give us a Generations Terrorsaur. He's a great figure and I'd love to see this mold get reused on something interesting.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Grimlock is also a relic from back when the MP line was still figuring it out. I'd say anything after MP 10 is both a good Transformer and toy.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I have the first Hasbro release of MP Grimlock and I've never noticed anything being too tight or loose. Try loosening/tightening some screws if that's an option

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Geez, my MP Grimlock from the first North American release was a little loose at the hips - no dynamic posing on a smooth shelf without a rubber mat or something - but not anywhere near as bad as you're making it sound. Mold degradation/lower tolerances/different materials in this production run?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I still don't see why rid had to go back to Earth and dredge back up all the dire continuity of pre rogers idw.

Thundercracker is still really funny, though.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
I have the first US release of MP Grimlock and I never noticed any problems with extreme looseness or tightness.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
My Takara Grimlock certainly isn't overly loose anywhere, although untabbing his dino chest halves always feels like he's going to snap something. Seems a bit soon for the mold to be degrading to that degree, but some have also said that the plastic on the new Grimlock feels different, so maybe a lower grade of plastic is to blame.

Why cookie Rocket posted:

Beast Wars Neo is all shellformers.

Armada is playschool pokeformers.

DOTM toys are composed of 100% pure unpainted grey plastic.

TFP is all hollow limbs.

Energon is all transparent neon.

I don't know what has gotten into this thread but I'm hoping this post will help us burn through all the dumb stereotypes about each line of TFs so we can move on.

Hence my statement "None of the lines are perfect" that you conveniently removed so you could make your post about something that was already over.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

therealjon_ posted:

Grimlock is also a relic from back when the MP line was still figuring it out. I'd say anything after MP 10 is both a good Transformer and toy.

Do you think MP Magnus might be a "step back". Half of the photos I've seen make it look so awesome, the other half, not so much.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Ka0 posted:

Do you think MP Magnus might be a "step back". Half of the photos I've seen make it look so awesome, the other half, not so much.

Maybe I'm easy to please, but the photos shown so far I think are fantastic. The height, bulk, and not being just a white Prime are pretty exciting to me. Sure something COULD go wrong going into production for it, but what I've seen is very satisfying.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Yeah, nothing I've seen from Magnus has disappointed me yet, I don't even think the buttflap's that bad. I'm not going out of my way to get him since I've never been that much into Ultra magnus but the design itself is very cool so far.

I think foreversmug might have gotten a particularly bad Grimlock, I've been kinda following the feedback on that and it seems to be a pretty decent release, mostly.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Magnus' legs are hot garbage, the ramps just sitting straight up instead of flush against the bulk of them is the dumbest looking thing in the new MP line to date. Sure if you stare at him completely dead on he's alright but as soon as you get any kind of angle he just looks loving awful. Really disappointing after the amazing job done on MPs 10 - 21.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Sentinel Red posted:

Magnus' legs are hot garbage, the ramps just sitting straight up instead of flush against the bulk of them is the dumbest looking thing in the new MP line to date. Sure if you stare at him completely dead on he's alright but as soon as you get any kind of angle he just looks loving awful. Really disappointing after the amazing job done on MPs 10 - 21.

Magnus is just a small man in a giant suit, he's as 1980's as you can get.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Ka0 posted:

He's definitely the first MP since MP-10 that I have serious misgivings about from the photos, so yeah, maybe. The legs aren't great, but mainly I don't like the butt flap, which I think ruins his head-on silhouette. I would prefer that panel be able to fold up into the backpack somehow.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The Taint Reaper posted:

Magnus is just a small man in a giant suit, he's as 1980's as you can get.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

Keldroc posted:

Hence my statement "None of the lines are perfect" that you conveniently removed so you could make your post about something that was already over.

I made that edit for brevity, not to cast your statement in a different light. Because even if you first state that all lines are flawed (you did, and I totally agree), the "BW was all tail guns and arm mouths" stereotype is completely ridiculous.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I made that edit for brevity, not to cast your statement in a different light. Because even if you first state that all lines are flawed (you did, and I totally agree), the "BW was all tail guns and arm mouths" stereotype is completely ridiculous.

It was intended to be, to match the implication made in the post I responded to that somehow G1 figures are inherently inferior because they are of their time. We all know G1 has its shortcomings, and that so many of the figures in that line are almost literal bricks with arms, but as the Bard said, when you diss the Dinobots you diss yourself.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Rita Repulsa posted:

I still don't see why rid had to go back to Earth and dredge back up all the dire continuity of pre rogers idw.

Thundercracker is still really funny, though.

To give Prowl another excuse to be a huge jerk?

Thundercracker really is the best part of this though.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

The_Doctor posted:

I want to know how TRU UK is justifying £99 ($165) for MP Grimlock. Aside from 'Ha, gently caress you fanboy', that is.

Yup, it's not even the classic "swap the $ for the £" this time.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Gammatron 64 posted:

I have the first US release of MP Grimlock and I never noticed any problems with extreme looseness or tightness.

Same with me, never noticed anything like that.

After reading this thread, it made me really glad I picked up MP Grimlock on a whim the first time he was around.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
God drat it. I spent a few hours working on the car and I miss MP Grimlock! And I like how it's removed from the drat system.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
So the new legends guys waves after Gears and Acidstorm seem to be having their partners be named after G1 Targetmasters.

The repaints will also be switching up their partners so it's not a straight up repaint either. Like Cliffjumper coming with the Roller repaint and Scourge/Nemesis prime coming with Bumblebee's Helicopter.

Still no word if Brawn is going to be a repaint of Swerve or if it's going to be an entirely new guy. I would love a new Brawn and Outback considering that Universe 2.0 Brawn was hard as hell to find and RTS Fallback/Outback used the Brawn deluxe movie mold.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, MP Grimlock's knees are way too tight, but his hips aren't THAT loose. He doesn't fall over when posed, and that's the point where I stuff something in the joint (gotta get me some of that liquid latex or whatever it was that was mentioned earlier in the thread for my KO Fansproject Not-Bombshell's shoulders.)

I fixed Grimlock's knees, though. Very easy. I am reasonably sure this is what the problem with everyone's new MP Grimlocks is. It's very easy to fix if so.

That's what it looks like before modification. There's nowhere for the spring to go. It's far too thick and it doesn't really compress much if you squeeze it between your fingers. You need to cut it a little shorter so the ratchet has room to move when you bend the knee. One "ring" of material will be plenty.

*Edited for picture and succinctness.*

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 29, 2014

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The Taint Reaper posted:

I would love a new Brawn and Outback considering that Universe 2.0 Brawn was hard as hell to find and RTS Fallback/Outback used the Brawn deluxe movie mold.

If the reason is that they're not G1 enough I'll understand, but I hope you're not criticizing the super awesome Brawn/Fallback mold, my friend!

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Is Legends Tailgate out yet? I need him to be totes adorbs next to Cyclonus.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Honest Ray posted:

He and Skrapnel have been sighted at US retail apparently.

Edit:

The_Doctor fucked around with this message at 17:17 on May 29, 2014

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
I'm liking a lot of the movie toys so far. Skorn as everyone knows is great and probably the best in the line so far. Slug is okay, his triceratops mode is cute, just wish his dino legs went somewhere in bot mode.

Evasion Prime is really fun to transform, but I'd like it more if the upper arms were red and silver and his robot mode smokestacks were painted (which also makes him having one smokestack in bot mode pretty odd).

Leader Prime looks cool in both modes, if only they had broken up the truck chassis chillin on his back. I think there's gonna be some really cool paint jobs done with this guy. If you look at the back of his feet, the transformation actually works really well for a G2 styled Prime.

I've passed on Bee so far cause despite loving 1st gen Camaros his bot mode is the same one we've had a billion times at this point (if they can pull off his new bot mode well I'll definitely buy that though). There's a lot of praise in the thread for Crosshairs, but he just looks too much like a robot with a whole car on his back.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Honest Ray posted:

My BBTS order with Swerve/Cosmos and Tailgate/Skrapnel is arriving tomorrow, I'm looking forward to it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
What the hell?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Hahaha, people are already raging at the super blurry, mistransformed Hasbro MP Sunstorm picture that popped up.

quote:

Fly too close to the sun and you'll get burned. Get too close to Sunstorm, and you'll be dissolved into a puddle of liquid scrap. The maniacal warrior's radiation-emitting armor has the power to melt the metal of nearby bots, disabling their circuits and scrambling their brain module in the process. Some might say this is a quirk of science - a glitch that triggered a reaction when Sunstorm was forged. Sunstorm himself would say it's something more: a gift from higher power that he must use on those who deserve to feel his wrath. That might be a little much, but do you really want to argue with him?

e: this is also pretty cool I think:

Blackheart fucked around with this message at 22:03 on May 29, 2014

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

I just saw there are 4 MP Grimlocks at my local TRU. I bought an extra one along with the one for myself in the mail. If any goons want one at cost plus shipping so about $86 plus whatever the shipping cost is, let me know. My email is ryuk8488@yahoo.com. More than happy to help some guys get a toy they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Blackheart posted:

Hahaha, people are already raging at the super blurry, mistransformed Hasbro MP Sunstorm picture that popped up.

Given the paint job looks like pure hot garbage and there are actual knock offs that look better, I can't say I blame them.