Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

saintonan posted:

TANK is either WAR/SK/PAL, MELEE is MNK/ROG/RNG/BER/BST, HEAL is CLR/DRU/SHM, CAST is WIZ/MAG, with possible rare exceptions for NEC/ENC. Bards can help any group but work best with tank and melee dps groups (and magicians by extension, especially if pet tanking is part of the fight).

Any guild that gives bards to tanks over dps groups is losing a ton of dps. And necros get a huge boost from bards and encs thanks to the way dot increases stack.

MrTheDevious posted:

That said, I'd swap the CLR to Bard in the first group unless you're so massively geared you're somehow hitting the diminishing returns of AC against the raid mobs you're fighting as a tank (You're not). The Shm can handle the oh poo poo moments in group fine without the cleric actually being in the group. Tank clerics can do their entire job from outside the group unless they're just bad. The bard's utility for tanks is vastly understated imo. I leveled/geared/AAd one to 100 just so I could insist on having him in group. I'd honestly rather have a bard in my group as a tank than a shaman, and absolutely instead of the cleric. I'd imagine the other tank classes whose survivability isn't based around their damage output might feel differently, though?
I can't even comprehend someone saying that clerics don't need to be in tank groups to be fully effective. Epic, divarb, group heals and aura are all important parts of a cleric's lineup that just don't work out of group. Losing out on group heals when you have two or more in group taking damage is a huge hit to healing capabilities.

At least you guys do mix knights and wars, that's the major change that I saw in roi that I would have wanted to do with my last guild. Getting group armor and sk epic on main tanks is really good.

saintonan posted:

Our necros hate to RB since it apparently fucks with their dot rotation, but I don't raid on a necro either so who knows. Our necros are kind of a weird bunch.

Proc auras overwrite RB, so necros need to have the enc mana recursion and the druid frost/fire auras blocked. I have it worked out with our necros that I'll only run the fire aura if it's completely safe to strip RB and worth doing so. Mostly because of evantil phase 1, so we could get some extra fire damage in.

Not using RB as a necro is bad and dumb. Block the things that overwrite it and keep it going. The effect is far too good to give up for the tiny dps increase from buff procs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Prenerf RB was amazing as a paladin. Huge heals constantly proccing and critting. Delicious.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I don't know poo poo about clerics, whenever I ask if they use group heal they always say no. I always think that's weird. We are definitely trying to direct people into defined roles, like heal knights, heal mt, etc. It seems to be a fine balance between micro management and being able to start events on time.

Some people will just not do what you say, they don't care how the events work, they don't heal people not in tank order etc. It's not worth it to us to hand hold them forever and prolong standing around. So we work with what we have mostly doing things non optimally.

It's really terrible that with as much healing that can be splashed around, people die to "random damage." Simply because people don't use group heals enough.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

jetz0r posted:

I can't even comprehend someone saying that clerics don't need to be in tank groups to be fully effective. Epic, divarb, group heals and aura are all important parts of a cleric's lineup that just don't work out of group. Losing out on group heals when you have two or more in group taking damage is a huge hit to healing capabilities.

At least you guys do mix knights and wars, that's the major change that I saw in roi that I would have wanted to do with my last guild. Getting group armor and sk epic on main tanks is really good.

Maybe if you have competent clerics that do more than faceroll the keyboard :sigh: I can count on no hands the amount of times I've ever been hit with a group heal on a raid regardless of group composition.

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I finally settled down on the Test server. I joined the /join serverwide.gchat:fygm chat, but I either messed it up or no one is in it. Is there any other active chat channel to hang out in?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Bahanahab posted:

I finally settled down on the Test server. I joined the /join serverwide.gchat:fygm chat, but I either messed it up or no one is in it. Is there any other active chat channel to hang out in?

Test server sometimes splinters off from the rest of the serverwide network. There's usually a few people in there all the time.

Here's our raid setup from tonight, 9 being the slop group of whatever doesn't fit somewhere else.

1 Cleric
1 Warrior
1 Cleric
1 Warrior
1 Paladin
1 Paladin

2 Warrior
2 Cleric
2 Paladin
2 Cleric
2 Shadow Knight
2 Warrior

3 Paladin
3 Paladin
3 Warrior
3 Warrior
3 Cleric
3 Shadow Knight

4 Druid
4 Wizard
4 Magician
4 Magician
4 Bard
4 Wizard

5 Enchanter
5 Bard
5 Necromancer
5 Necromancer
5 Druid
5 Necromancer

9 Shaman
9 Ranger
9 Wizard
9 Necromancer

10 Rogue
10 Monk
10 Berserker
10 Rogue
10 Monk
10 Shaman

11 Berserker
11 Bard
11 Monk
11 Rogue
11 Beastlord
11 Shaman

12 Shaman
12 Rogue
12 Beastlord
12 Bard
12 Rogue
12 Rogue

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
I was finally able to see people in the chat channel last night, and then the server died and has been down since. Sorry for breaking it.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

Bahanahab posted:

I was finally able to see people in the chat channel last night, and then the server died and has been down since. Sorry for breaking it.

Reported.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Tower of Rot seems like a pretty low effort zone but for some reason I like it. The basement floor is brutal - undead mixed in with living mobs and pathing unrootable sperms. Lots of deaths this past weekend doing the quest chain, was refreshing.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah it's one of the few places I have a hard time boxing, some of the named are pretty cool. The mission will absolutely decimate a lot of people.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

aaaaannnnddd... Xegony just crashed.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

So what the gently caress happened to the test server?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

saintonan posted:

WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, ENC, DRU
Apparently the optimal version of this group in terms of total dps output is WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, DRU. And that a raid of 3 tank groups with shm for rain heal, 25 wizards, 6 druids, plus tokens of other classes is amazing at everything.

Just in case any of you wanted build and box your own raid guild, that's a target.

Carl Seitan posted:

So what the gently caress happened to the test server?

"Issues"

Something has been loving up all the servers this week. It's pretty obnoxious and they're not giving out much info on any of the issues with T2a.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Wizards 2 strong

It's weird that we only have 1 main wizard on raids. The skill ceiling on a wiz slamdunking on everyone's parse seems pretty low too.

The best parses our guild has ever done was when my warrior and enchanter friends swapped to their wizard alts and I switched to berserker. We shredded the events and blew the DPS mains out of the water. It felt good to bring something to the table that wasn't "make sure idiots don't die" and whatever the gently caress enchanters do.

darkhand fucked around with this message at 22:46 on May 29, 2014

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah Ffalin and I brought our necros to one of those Naggy revamp raids and topped the parse in group gear. I have no doubt his wizard's the same. We just did it because that raid was boring, but in hindsight it really shows how awful most of our dps is.

Edit - some of the guild is playing D3/Starcraft/League instead of raiding atm since server's down, all goons welcome if you wanna come hang out

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 23:52 on May 29, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

Apparently the optimal version of this group in terms of total dps output is WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, WIZ, DRU. And that a raid of 3 tank groups with shm for rain heal, 25 wizards, 6 druids, plus tokens of other classes is amazing at everything.

Just in case any of you wanted build and box your own raid guild, that's a target.

I'm finding myself biting harder and harder on my lip whenever he starts talking too much in channel these days.

NYyyyyyeeeerrrrrr Qulas can I raid Call of the Forsaken with my boxes so I have a reason to play on this server nneyyyryryrreerrrrr

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Just out of curiosity, what's the biggest boxed group someone has successfully done anything with? "

Null1fy
Sep 11, 2001

Medullah posted:

Just out of curiosity, what's the biggest boxed group someone has successfully done anything with? "

There are people on private EQ Servers who have MacroQuest raid teams of 40 characters.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
So what's the best way for me to hit 90ish with my mage, paladin, and ranger as a 3 box?

I'd love to hit 100 and pull semi competent dps or knight duty raiding, just so far removed from anything post 80 leveling is basically :iiam:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
I rolled a bard on the PvP server, I haven't played a bard in over 10 year. OMG what have they done to the particle effects? They are seriously dumbed down. I used to loved bards for their quirky animations and their sporadic pulsing while running with selos. Not anymore!!!

Travelling through the original zones of the Karanas and Q Hills and finding them all empty made me sad with a huge slice of nostalgia for how they used to be. Infact I couldn't find a zone with any population.. where is the action at these days? Bear in mind im Level 13 and running through zones with selos and memory (which I find is a bit ropey).

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

The only zones you'll find people in for that level range are crescent reach, tutorial and blight fire Moors. But on PvP, those age probably empty, too. Zek has a low population. Finding players under 85 is hard enough on normal servers.

Grabbing a tank merc and fighting in classic or kunark dungeons that are roughly even con is a decent leveling path and a lot more interesting than the TSS or hot zones.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

You can fix particle effects in options (Alt + O) under display, and also click Advanced to make sure you have all shaders etc enabled. Afaik particles haven't been reduced at all

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

You can't loving win with these people.
Someone just posted on our guild forums that we are "progressing too fast." What in the gently caress

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

Someone just posted on our guild forums that we are "progressing too fast." What in the gently caress

Sever.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

darkhand posted:

Somebody else posted this link to his blog under "Stories I write"

:staredog: Guild remove pls.

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.
At this rate, y'all might become a progression guild anyway.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Shocking as it may sound, the evacuation of our old guild leadership combined with sparkle magic did something ridiculous to the guild and we're somehow destroying everything all of a sudden.

Turns out RoI had the right idea all along...all about DPS. Our tank lineup is overflowing with an astounding number of shitlords, but our DPS is really solid all of a sudden and new encounters are dropping left and right. We went from being stuck halfway through T2 for months to having T3 on mindless farm, T4 going nicely, and CotF T2 not far behind.

We'd honestly have had Glimpse last night if the other knights weren't total asslords. We've got darkhand + 1 other awesome warrior + 1 perfectly passable warrior, but our knights are awful, so when knights have to do things, you end up like we did on Glimpse: I snag my mob and take it to the right spot, two other knights run into one another, then stand there like mongoloids while their mobs AE the raid to death. Now if only we could bench 6 or so knights for DPS, we'd fly through another few raids no problem. At least 6 of ours just soak up spots while contributing nothing of worth ever :emo:

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

darkhand posted:

Seconding the sever. What in the gently caress indeed

MrTheDevious posted:

Shocking as it may sound, the evacuation of our old guild leadership combined with sparkle magic did something ridiculous to the guild and we're somehow destroying everything all of a sudden.

Turns out RoI had the right idea all along...all about DPS. Our tank lineup is overflowing with an astounding number of shitlords, but our DPS is really solid all of a sudden and new encounters are dropping left and right. We went from being stuck halfway through T2 for months to having T3 on mindless farm, T4 going nicely, and CotF T2 not far behind.

We'd honestly have had Glimpse last night if the other knights weren't total asslords. We've got darkhand + 1 other awesome warrior + 1 perfectly passable warrior, but our knights are awful, so when knights have to do things, you end up like we did on Glimpse: I snag my mob and take it to the right spot, two other knights run into one another, then stand there like mongoloids while their mobs AE the raid to death. Now if only we could bench 6 or so knights for DPS, we'd fly through another few raids no problem. At least 6 of ours just soak up spots while contributing nothing of worth ever :emo:

Deeps are nice indeed. You need three tanks that can pay attention during Glimpse when he splits into 3 since you have such a tiny window of time to do it right or else the raid dies. I would know since my deepest darkest secret is wiping an alt raid because I hosed that part up.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Yeah we had me who paid attention...the other two ran them on top of one another after I explicitly planned the pickup with them :sigh:

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

You are dropping a bard into that group to hit selos right before the split, right?

We always do the split the way they appear on the extended target list - the top one we burn right on the guild banner while the other two get kited away. Tanking the split that shows as the top xtarget is the easiest job since you really don't even have to to move, so maybe have your biggest idiot tank that one and have two slightly more intelligent creatures do the harder stuff.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

We did the ext target thing. I grabbed the one we are supposed to keep at banner. Kod grabbed his and ran it to a campfire we placed. The other npc got caught on the glimpse tank's warrior pet. If we had a better idea of the event and the majority of our raids not needing to be hand held we'll get it down.

DH; we are either really close and getting unlucky or people are loving us up afk at zone line. We got a corpse spawn almost immediately at engage once. Another time we have 4 wizards burning maggots and 3 of them got the aura emote. Then a bunch of mosquitoes, then a bunch of corpses.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

DH1 is the ultimate personal responsibility fight, and one of the least carry-able raids going. You can beat it with 30 people if they know the fight and are at least decently geared, so we have our recruits and known fuckups sit in the guild hall and banner in once the boss dies. For the longest time our success hinged on whether an idiot got called to kite. Make your idiots do the group mission a hundred times so they learn how to kite the clouds.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Yeah I'm really pushing us to beat it and get it down because it's like a minute of setup time and 2 minutes of balls out DPS and good loot. Definitely a farming-gauntlet raid. Compare to something like evantil or chapterhouse where a lot of times you can't do anything to progress the event.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender
Evantil wouldn't have been so awful if the ENTIRE raid didn't reset when the Nest Protector is left idle after being engaged. Sometimes he will randomly summon someone and one round them when you're getting ready and you have no choice but to run in there and engage or else you have to start all over again.

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Hey Wiji I'm an officer now cuz everyone's pissed about our knights sucking poo poo :v: Gotta be less of a dick now I guess.

gently caress Evantil because it's 30 mins of insane boredom followed by some shitlord not invising and wiping the raid in a tunnel

Edit - we're doing NToV pickup raid, come join so I'm not the only loving tank who doesn't suck, please. Gonna go bug Ffalin on Skype

MrTheDevious fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Jun 2, 2014

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

MrTheDevious posted:

Hey Wiji I'm an officer now cuz everyone's pissed about our knights sucking poo poo :v: Gotta be less of a dick now I guess.

gently caress Evantil because it's 30 mins of insane boredom followed by some shitlord not invising and wiping the raid in a tunnel

I've found that someone getting to be an officer gives you more flexibility in being a dick, actually.

ESPECIALLY THAT CORLEN GUY

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

darkhand posted:

We did the ext target thing. I grabbed the one we are supposed to keep at banner. Kod grabbed his and ran it to a campfire we placed. The other npc got caught on the glimpse tank's warrior pet. If we had a better idea of the event and the majority of our raids not needing to be hand held we'll get it down.

You can do /tar npc_name00, /tar npc_name01, etc to make sure people are always targeting the correct ones. But some named would need /tar #Npc_name00. I don't know how to determine if something is a hash tagged name or not without trial & error or mq, though.

A lot of the older raid scripts will always use the same numbered npc as the 'special' one, making them easy to solve out with a hotkey. HoF1 doesn't do that, so you actually have to find the tall one.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Node posted:

I've found that someone getting to be an officer gives you more flexibility in being a dick, actually.

ESPECIALLY THAT CORLEN GUY

That corlen guy is so nice he doesn't even bother to loot things he wins.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
Taco Defender

jetz0r posted:

That corlen guy is so nice he doesn't even bother to loot things he wins.

I know, especially when they are server firsts. Nice guys always finish last, Corlen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bahanahab
Apr 13, 2006
Unfortunately, I was trying to ask this in the serverwide chat tonight, but the chat channel was constantly going down. I could only get a few statements from Kodaji about eating nachos and no heals.

Overall, I'm at the point of picking what class to focus on to eventually raid with. I've got a druid, cleric, shaman, rogue and wizard that are all fun for me. They're all going to take the same amount of work to get raid ready too. So, for the test raiders which one of those classes would be best to focus on?