Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Can't be a young rick.

There's no booze. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Rocksicles posted:

:filez: because Australian.

Is it not airing there?

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Shindragon posted:

Can't be a young rick.

There's no booze. :colbert:

Last Chance posted:

Is that you? Or a young Rick Sanchez??

Its meeeee!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Is it not airing there?

Where's the anger coming from?

My brother... took me fishing once... ...in the bushes...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Alan Smithee posted:

Is it not airing there?

Wasn't last time i looked, but i don't have pay tv anyway. I found a way. But this will be a rare as gently caress show i will own on bluray

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

a shameful boehner posted:

Where's the anger coming from?

My brother... took me fishing once... ...in the bushes...

You tell me

I was just asking a question

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Alan Smithee posted:

Is it not airing there?

Last I heard, Australia also doesn't allow us to format shift our digital product, so we cant legally rip our own DVDs or Blu-ray discs and certainly can't download a copy because we own the original disc. You can, however, rip your old VHS tapes into a digital format. Whoo!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Gromit posted:

Last I heard, Australia also doesn't allow us to format shift our digital product, so we cant legally rip our own DVDs or Blu-ray discs and certainly can't download a copy because we own the original disc. You can, however, rip your old VHS tapes into a digital format. Whoo!

I could have sworn you guys had Adult Swim though programming could still be different. I don't bother with cable myself here anyway so I just watch on the AD site but I don't know if it blocks Australian IPs. You could always proxy though I guess that's :filez: chat because you dingos will NEVER BUY OUR PRODUCTS

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Mate everything here is geo-blocked. Our pay tv is shithouse at best.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Got bored the other night when I couldn't sleep, so I loaded up Colors and quickly drew this

http://colorslive.com/details/2068071

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
When is the next series due to run?

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
I'm guessing we wont see season 2 before the late-fall. I think Typical mentioned that it takes around 6-9 months to make an episode from start to finish (though they have several in the pipe at once), so with the renewal announced earlier this year, fall seems the likely time-frame.

Speaking of Typical, the scene where "you" are working on Rick's ship, is that what the scenes look like when they come to you for coloring? All orangey?

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Anyone have a good guess for a season one release date? I'm really interested in checking this show out, but buying them off amazon digital would be near $34 because they're not sold as a season yet.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Kingtheninja posted:

Anyone have a good guess for a season one release date? I'm really interested in checking this show out, but buying them off amazon digital would be near $34 because they're not sold as a season yet.

All the episodes are available for free streaming on the adult swim website.

http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

So it is! Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Holy crap, this is great. "It's a new machine, it detects stuff all the way up your butt."

Kingtheninja fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 22, 2014

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Kingtheninja posted:

So it is! Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Holy crap, this is great. "It's a new machine, it detects stuff all the way up your butt."

I love that they don't even try to play it off in any capacity whatsoever, it's just immediately RUN FOR IT

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I'm guessing we wont see season 2 before the late-fall. I think Typical mentioned that it takes around 6-9 months to make an episode from start to finish (though they have several in the pipe at once), so with the renewal announced earlier this year, fall seems the likely time-frame.

Speaking of Typical, the scene where "you" are working on Rick's ship, is that what the scenes look like when they come to you for coloring? All orangey?

I'm not sure when season 2 will air, but we are certainly working hard on it.

Also That scene I drew is because I will literally be designing the parts, gadgets, and space ships now. As well as redrawing existing designs from all the new angles required. That's what a prop designer does. Also I am the effects designer too. so lazer beams, explosions and effects like that.

The crew is really good this year. I work across from a former Futurama designer. He did all the backgrounds for the original 5 seasons, He showed me the layouts for the amazonian women planet crash site, and the bureaucracy building.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Typical posted:

The crew is really good this year. I work across from a former Futurama designer. He did all the backgrounds for the original 5 seasons, He showed me the layouts for the amazonian women planet crash site, and the bureaucracy building.

That's really cool. Are guys like that highly respected and valued, or do they get treated more like cogs in the machine?

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I never saw this show till last week...does Adult Swim not run reruns at all? The two episodes I've seen are amazing.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

Watommi posted:

I never saw this show till last week...does Adult Swim not run reruns at all? The two episodes I've seen are amazing.

All the episodes are streaming on their website: http://video.adultswim.com/rick-and-morty/

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Please go watch Meeseeks and Destroy if you haven't yet.

Or watch any of them, they're all great.

Watommi
Dec 17, 2004

I am all that is man.
I live in the sticks and the only available broadband is satellite, so if I stream video I hit my data cap and am hosed the rest of the month. Which is why I wish AS would air reruns.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
Adult Swim is currently airing reruns on Sunday nights/early Monday mornings. The previous episode was Meseeks and Destroy. Next Sunday is Rick Potion #9.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
The internet without streaming content? I shudder to imagine it!

Forbin5
May 24, 2014

Jonas Albrecht posted:

And Lawnmower Dog.
I love them all.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Unmature posted:

The internet without streaming content? I shudder to imagine it!

Hey, I'll take it over Mumford & Sons.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Caught this the other night. Holy poo poo, between the last meeseeks being a stickler and the weird jelly bean thing going on, I just love this show.

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

a shameful boehner posted:

Hey, I'll take it over Mumford & Sons.

This guy gets it!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

So apparently the voice of Jellybean is also the voice of Spongebob :psyduck:

Piss Kingpin posted:

This guy gets it!

:heh:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Forbin5 posted:

And Lawnmower Dog.
I love them all.

This guy keeps saying we can run but we *can't* hide. What if we tried hiding?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

:heh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cku497rURF8

GAINING WEIGHT...
Mar 26, 2007

See? Science proves the JewsMuslims are inferior and must be purged! I'm not a racist, honest!

Alan Smithee posted:

Holy poo poo that is soooooooo obvious in retrospect

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Piss Kingpin posted:

This guy gets it!

It's just a random quote he posts every 10 seconds.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I had to upload my favorite scene ever.

Is it a reference to Footloose, Dirty Dancing or Flashdance? Dancing movies from the 80's are all the same to me.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Jubs posted:

Is it a reference to Footloose, Dirty Dancing or Flashdance? Dancing movies from the 80's are all the same to me.

Rage dancing in an abandoned warehouse is specifically Footloose, but I'm pretty sure all of the 80s dancing movies have at least one emotional whirlwind solo dance scene.

null_user01013
Nov 13, 2000

Drink up comrades
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFpV1J9AWE

If that helps, yes, it is Footloose, unlike family guy it wasn't just a scene for scene remake however, but the emotion is totally there!

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jubs posted:

I'm here if you need to talk.

johntfs
Jun 7, 2013

by Cowcaster
Soiled Meat
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SryCRBvX0Q

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

AxeManiac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFpV1J9AWE

If that helps, yes, it is Footloose, unlike family guy it wasn't just a scene for scene remake however, but the emotion is totally there!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otFYYqNVbAI

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

The lyrics to Morty Jr's dance song are fantastic.

• Locked thread