Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.

Kit Walker posted:

But you can! By not drinking fluoridated water, avoiding deadly HAARP rays with tinfoil, not getting vaccinated, and chugging some Alex Jones dick medicine.

They're shutting down HAARP, so that's one less thing controlling your mind. Or maybe that's what they want you to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Like, how is 'you can, at any moment, be slain by false-flag operations by the US Government' any different in a practical sense from 'you can, at any moment, be slain by Islamic terrorists.'? The conspiracy is something still in-progress and still ineffable so how is it alleviating fear? Whether the conspiracy is being plotted by terrorists half a world away or by shadowy cabals within the government, what's it matter? In both cases it's a conspiracy that is for all intents and purposes so beyond your ability to influence or prevent that it's no different than random chance?

I think the thought process bases itself around you can follow the government, you can likely see signs it is gonna happen because you were smart enough to know about it in the first place, and the government represents power and authority so obviously they target those who need to be targeted for 'x' reason whereas terrorists can be a group or a single person that have no power and are completely random and unknown.

Thomas13206
Jun 18, 2013

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I tend to not pay these any mind, they're a jumble of insanity and leaps of logic made on idiocy that's not worth unscrambling to understand what's being said.
I'm all for hearing opposing views, but for god's sake, put some sanity into the presentation

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Is Flo Rida on there just because Flo Rida/Florida sounds sort of like fluoride? Is this a serious image?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The Illuminati send all kinds of crazy messages that way. For example, Jet Li and Adam Sandler have been encoding secret messages in their movies telling me how to build a cold fusion device. Very clever.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Elysiume posted:

Is Flo Rida on there just because Flo Rida/Florida sounds sort of like fluoride? Is this a serious image?

The Internet: uniting broken idiots since 1993.

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I find it kind of self subverting, with the little panel bottom left saying "Tell a lie loud enough etc.", immediately followed by "Here's a lie we've been spreading for over 20 years now!", and the bonus "Have a lie about vaccines too!"

KERNOD WEL
Oct 10, 2012
I think its funny that fluoride conspiracists can't even be bothered to spell it right half the time

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

KERNOD WEL posted:

I think its funny that fluoride conspiracists can't even be bothered to spell it right half the time

Did it occur to you that the loving fluoride caused cognitive defects? Way to be compassionate rear end in a top hat.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
You just know that at least a few of them will say the spelling is part of the conspiracy.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

SocketWrench posted:

I tend to not pay these any mind, they're a jumble of insanity and leaps of logic made on idiocy that's not worth unscrambling to understand what's being said.
I'm all for hearing opposing views, but for god's sake, put some sanity into the presentation

But its got arrows.

Elysiume posted:

You can't parody these things, it's impossible. It's safest to assume they're all real, cause even the parodies are real for someone.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 18:18 on May 29, 2014

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

I get the florida/fluoridation sound-alike but how does Kissenger fit in?

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe
Any conspiracy theory that doesn't have Kissinger is a pretty half-assed one. He's probably the guy who gets most excited about Bohemian Grove.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Did it occur to you that the loving fluoride caused cognitive defects? Way to be compassionate rear end in a top hat.

Goddamnit that poo poo needs a trigger warning :byodame:

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

SedanChair posted:

Any conspiracy theory that doesn't have Kissinger is a pretty half-assed one. He's probably the guy who gets most excited about Bohemian Grove.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPb-PN9F2Pc

Proof of the Gay Agenda 21!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

KERNOD WEL posted:

Considering you can find Freepers that intentionally post misspelled words to try and avoid government internet scanners, or whatever the gently caress that line of crazy thinking is, I'd have to say it's 50/50 for intentional or not.

made of bees
May 21, 2013
Is that why they call him 0bama? I thought it just a terrible pun. (because Obama is worthless, geddit?)

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

made of bees posted:

Is that why they call him 0bama? I thought it just a terrible pun. (because Obama is worthless, geddit?)

GTF:obama:

Lightning Jim
Nov 18, 2006

Just a mad weather-ologist :science:
One of the things I find funny about the fluoride thing is that Alex Jones' father is a dentist. Who obviously uses Fluoride as part of his practice.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Lightning Jim posted:

One of the things I find funny about the fluoride thing is that Alex Jones' father is a dentist. Who obviously uses Fluoride as part of his practice.

That's why we don't need it in the water. Less business for the dentists.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Lightning Jim posted:

Son, don't drink the entire jug of flouride or it'll kill you. And lo, a conspiracy theorist was created.

Vorpal Cat
Mar 19, 2009

Oh god what did I just post?
SO how nuts would the water fluoride conspiracy types get if I pointed out you fill your body with dangerous atomic chlorine every time you eat something with salt in it?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sir Tonk posted:

That's why we don't need it in the water. Less business for the dentists.

I love this, it's like a conspiracy theory about a conspiracy theorist.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
There's got to be a market for a movie that demonstrates how to create a conspiracy theory out of whole cloth. They could use "Paul Walker was killed by the CIA" as an example.

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

RandomPauI posted:

There's got to be a market for a movie that demonstrates how to create a conspiracy theory out of whole cloth. They could use "Paul Walker was killed by the CIA" as an example.

A little off-topic, but if you haven't already, you have got to see The Manchurian Candidate, the original, with Frank Sinatra and Angela Bassett Lansbury. It's not about "how" to create a conspiracy theory, but it's sort of an ur-text for modern American conspiracy theories and should be required viewing for anyone interested in them. You'll be thinking "hey, that sounds just like that theory about..." throughout the whole movie.

edit: thanks Mr. Funny Pants, I was tired.

Sharkie fucked around with this message at 17:28 on May 30, 2014

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Sharkie posted:

A little off-topic, but if you haven't already, you have got to see The Manchurian Candidate, the original, with Frank Sinatra and Angela Lansbury.

Fixed for 88 year old white Brit instead of younger black American.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Vorpal Cat posted:

SO how nuts would the water fluoride conspiracy types get if I pointed out you fill your body with dangerous atomic chlorine every time you eat something with salt in it?

Well you're in luck, Jones' Fluoride Shield protects against mercury, chlorine and bromine!

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

duz posted:

Well you're in luck, Jones' Fluoride Shield protects against mercury, chlorine and bromine!

But what about dihydrogen monoxide?

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

duz posted:

"These Statements have no been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration." is actually a plus here.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I like how The Infowars antiradiation Iodine mentions how it is FDA approved for that purpose.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

duz posted:

The tamarind and cilantro makes me wanna slather this on Thai food.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

blowfish posted:

But what about dihydrogen monoxide?

Always a fun one to pull, most people demand it be banned every time it's brought up

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe

moller posted:

The tamarind and cilantro makes me wanna slather this on Thai food.

The zeolites make me wanna take this stuff into a mineralogy lab and find out what it is actually made of.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Vorpal Cat posted:

My mother refuses to use table salt because she read somewhere online that it's poison.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I remember some stupid diet book called Skinny Bitch which says that you should not use Splenda because it contains chlorine, which of course is not only that stuff in the pool that stings your eyes, it was used in chemical warfare!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Davros1 posted:

My mother refuses to use table salt because she read somewhere online that it's poison.

Can't argue with that logic.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

Mr. Funny Pants posted:

Fixed for 88 year old white Brit instead of younger black American.

Basset's on the downhill slide to sixty. She's still younger than Lansbury, but she's getting pretty close to the point where the prefix "young" becomes ironic. She is still black, though.

Gen. Ripper
Jan 12, 2013

Zachack posted:

I get the florida/fluoridation sound-alike but how does Kissenger fit in?

Jews

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
No kidding, if there's a hole in a conspiracy somewhere, jews get to fill it in more often than not. We haven't really come a long way since the Protocols..

• Locked thread