Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

lets burn posted:

Will Chua be the <Goon Squad> comedy race of choice?

More than likely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ironlung37
May 16, 2005

The Chairman posted:

I can't believe you're not using <righteous kickflip> in a game that has hoverboards

I think you might be onto something, and glad to see you're still around and kickin.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I live in Phoenix and this is very accurate. :(

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009
So, if you're playing a Stalker, and go into stealth, can other players in your faction still see you?

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
So it seems like Name Reservation got scrapped. Is that right?

Dr Snofeld posted:

So, if you're playing a Stalker, and go into stealth, can other players in your faction still see you?

I haven't played since the beta weekends but I'm virtually certain that they can still see you, yes. You become translucent or something though as an indicator.

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

The Royal Scrub posted:

I haven't played since the beta weekends but I'm virtually certain that they can still see you, yes. You become translucent or something though as an indicator.

drat. I'm probably going to be playing on an RP server and that was gonna be my "get away from horrible person free" card.

Carlton Banks Teller
Nov 18, 2004

From what I remember, you show up as translucent only within a certain range of another player but are otherwise totally invisible. So go stealthy and Sprint like the wind!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

The Royal Scrub posted:

So it seems like Name Reservation got scrapped. Is that right?

Where on Earth would you get that idea?

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dr Snofeld posted:

drat. I'm probably going to be playing on an RP server and that was gonna be my "get away from horrible person free" card.

The only "get away from horrible person free" card you have on an RP server is to log off and reroll on a not-RP server.

If I wasn't in time for the name reservation, should I still reg up at wildstargoons or pretty much wait until I'm in-game and doing a thing with a guy.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!
Man, it's getting to a late hour for this kinda decision, but I am truly stuck between Engineer and Esper. :sigh:

Time to break out the good old dice!

hexachord
Nov 5, 2009
Could somebody with some Engineer experience talk about the viability of non pet builds for tanking and dpsing.

I like Engineers except for the bots lagging behind and agroing mobs, so if going sans pets is possible at the highest level then I've found my class.

If petless Engineer is useless like a meleeing wizard then I'll settle for Medic or something.

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Where on Earth would you get that idea?

Umm the name reservation page doesn't exist and just kicks you back to the main page? I pre-ordered and everything. Only found a Dev post saying they took it down on the day it launched due to some problem or another.

Where's it hiding then?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

The Royal Scrub posted:

Umm the name reservation page doesn't exist and just kicks you back to the main page? I pre-ordered and everything. Only found a Dev post saying they took it down on the day it launched due to some problem or another.

Where's it hiding then?
It was only available for a week and I think that ended on the 23rd.

A Tartan Tory
Mar 26, 2010

You call that a shotgun?!

hexachord posted:

Could somebody with some Engineer experience talk about the viability of non pet builds for tanking and dpsing.

I like Engineers except for the bots lagging behind and agroing mobs, so if going sans pets is possible at the highest level then I've found my class.

If petless Engineer is useless like a meleeing wizard then I'll settle for Medic or something.

Don't worry, you can use engineers without bots at the highest levels of play apparently.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Gurgle.

Can't pick Stalker or Warrior. Stalker felt so much more satisfying to play once you get the on-crit ability.

panda clue
May 23, 2014
If anyone had any doubt in their mind as to whether or not this was the Best MMO Of All Time:

(they animate)

edit: :yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt:

edit2: so people don't have to dig it up on the offsite:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6yi3pqpy34polu/SAmotes.zip

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

A Tartan Tory posted:

Don't worry, you can use engineers without bots at the highest levels of play apparently.

Though you can play an Engineer without bots at high levels you'd be gimping yourself in a DPS spec. Artillery Bot adds significant damage and is irreplaceable in PvE DPS builds. You can get away with no bots in a tank and pvp spec, but you'll still be putting yourself at a disadvantage in most situations. They offer excellent buffs, debuffs and give Engineers an additional taunt/IA break.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Oh wow. I just now noticed you use the little pins to decide what shows up in the hotbar below. :doh:

panda clue
May 23, 2014

CrashCat posted:

Oh wow. I just now noticed you use the little pins to decide what shows up in the hotbar below. :doh:

So did like half of IRC when I linked that image there :psyduck:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

panda clue posted:

If anyone had any doubt in their mind as to whether or not this was the Best MMO Of All Time:

(they animate)

edit: :yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt::yosbutt:

edit2: so people don't have to dig it up on the offsite:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o6yi3pqpy34polu/SAmotes.zip

I love everything about this addon. :allears:

e: It has my :beck: emote in there too!

Lemon King fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 29, 2014

Dr Snofeld
Apr 30, 2009

5er posted:

The only "get away from horrible person free" card you have on an RP server is to log off and reroll on a not-RP server.

Well apart from enjoying it from time to time, people who take RP in an MMO super seriously can be fun to observe. I played on WoW's Argent Dawn server, which is the EU equivalent of Moon Guard, and you couldn't move without tripping over another Game of Thrones inspired NOBLE HOUSE SUPER SERIOUS guild that doesn't mesh with the setting at all. I'm kind of curious to see what the Wildstar equivalent will be.

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Lemon King posted:

I love everything about this addon. :allears:

e: It has my :beck: emote in there too!

The addon your avatar is based off already exists too :getin:

Spell
Nov 20, 2000

Eat your vegetables or you'll DIE!

Republicanus posted:

You might need to just make a new account for Wildstar with a new email.
In any event, I'm jazzed to see you on - it'll be a blast.
I'm jazzed to see you and Glug onboard for this fun adventure.

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

panda clue posted:

The addon your avatar is based off already exists too :getin:

You guys are fast at this. :mmmhmm:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Lemon King posted:

You guys are fast at this. :mmmhmm:

Reported hasn't been made yet. Not fast enough.

flipoff
Nov 25, 2003

Really, bitch?

Dr Snofeld posted:

Well apart from enjoying it from time to time, people who take RP in an MMO super seriously can be fun to observe. I played on WoW's Argent Dawn server, which is the EU equivalent of Moon Guard, and you couldn't move without tripping over another Game of Thrones inspired NOBLE HOUSE SUPER SERIOUS guild that doesn't mesh with the setting at all. I'm kind of curious to see what the Wildstar equivalent will be.

I want to roleplay a smuggler who got on the wrong ship in Coruscant and wound up on Nexus, just to see nerd heads explode.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Dr Snofeld posted:

stealth and if the horrible RPer still talks to you indignantly accuse him of being out of character because he's not supposed to know you're there

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

lets burn posted:

I'm just looking at this, and don't know poo poo about races and stats and poo poo, but I was thinking Glug the Chua Engineer will be your one stop shop for all of your architectural needs. Except design, Chua are too manly a race to decorate your rooms.

Spell
Nov 20, 2000

Eat your vegetables or you'll DIE!

glug posted:

I'm just looking at this, and don't know poo poo about races and stats and poo poo, but I was thinking Glug the Chua Engineer will be your one stop shop for all of your architectural needs. Except design, Chua are too manly a race to decorate your rooms.
You could be PikaGlug

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1

Spell posted:

Spelladeedoo. Insanity. Now I just need to get back from a quick Boston vacation, roll a terrible character, and build houses in a video game. Oh and I'm the caretaker of the ESO guild, if this thing sticks I'll have to pass that along too ;)

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Tsurupettan posted:

Reported hasn't been made yet. Not fast enough.

It's something I said I wanted to do I'm irc but I'm not sure if I can get around to it fast enough because it's hard to type with one hand. If someone else wants to do it I've still got the addon and I can mail it off or Dropbox it or something.

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

hexachord posted:

Points have been discussed; back before a big Engineer overhaul patch in April, Bots were far less useful than they are today.

Now, though... it's hard to go without at least the Artillery Bot for DPS. You can do it, but you'll be less effective. At 25, you are able to get Tier 4 in your abilities. Tier 4 Artillery bot gives you a flat +6% critical hit chance, which is pretty massive, and it does a lot of damage by itself. Similarly, the Bruiser bot gives you a flat +3% deflect chance, which is good for Tanking and it provides taunt and interrupt capability.

An Engineer without bots is not completely neutered like you seem to be thinking (re: melee wizard)... it's just not quite as good now as it is with a bot or two. It's still pretty good.

e: And you can do this pretty quickly... you have to use the Bruiser Bot for a couple of levels to fill out your ability bar, but soon you'll have alternatives - well below level 15, when you get your 7th bar slot.

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 00:27 on May 30, 2014

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
Holy poo poo, I just saw the devspeak on housing. Wow.
All I need now is a vendor-bot to sell my architecture and a mon calamari race.

Koth
Jul 1, 2005

lets burn posted:

I really don't think there's any other way to do it.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
Does stalker have any glaring issues at level 50? After my PvP session today I'm really considering rolling with it.

Windchilla
May 30, 2009

Doublestep posted:

Does stalker have any glaring issues at level 50? After my PvP session today I'm really considering rolling with it.

With regard to PvP? The current state of Stalker has them on the lower-end of effectiveness in Arenas. In Battlegrounds they are very effective at some roles, especially mask running/stealing on Temple and general disruption in Halls. The issue with Stalker right now is they have seen both their burst and sustained damage reduced in a number of patches leading to release. These balances were largely PvE oriented, but they have a major effect on PvP. This coupled with the recent change to T4+ Preperation, namely making it break your stealth on cast, put them into a spot where they don't really excel at any one role, but can fill most of them only adequately.

If you want to directly compare them to current Warriors they do less damage, including single-target burst (which shouldn't be the case), have less utility, less mobility and fewer CC breaks. They have a similar level of survivability to Warrior as they can still disengage from combat better than any other class, unfortunately the damage they're able to inflict between disengages isn't where it probably should be come live. The Stalker dev has stated that they are monitoring Stalker effectiveness in PvP after these recent nerfs, so I'm relatively sure they will be buffed in some way that improves their TTK in PvP without making them too powerful in PvE.

Mount Desert
Jan 14, 2010
If its any consolation, Stalkers can be annoying as gently caress.

I don't know about the other classes but SS and Stalkers should be receiving some rebalancing patches at some point. Beyond the recent change to spellsurge, the SS amp situation is pretty sad but not game breaking.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Dr Snofeld posted:

Holy crap some of the bios you could read on AD / MG. Yeah good point. Some of the best times I had on City of Heroes was rolling with goons on the 'unofficial official server for furries' and tormenting players until admins threatened to ban us.

Republicanus
Oct 16, 2002

Have a smoke. Coffee? You're welcome.
Fun Shoe

Spell posted:

Excellent! Lenore should be playing too. Dunno about many others. I'll try to coordinate and get on mumble with you guys so we can bounce around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glug
Mar 12, 2004

JON JONES APOLOGIST #1
So I've watched the devspeaks things ( https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4Yt7jkWoyvmmnQIbaIEOR_AY-smwRt1l )
Firstly, I really dig that dude's speaking voice and sense of humor. Secondly, wow this game actually looks like lots of fun.

With wasd movement, strafing, and holding down abilities while you aim them before releasing, it seems confusing as gently caress though.. I'm sure it'll make sense when I dive into it. Gonna prolly break a finger though.

I haven't seen details on stats, racial differences, and actual crafting stuff yet. Digging into that more. I'm sure resource uniqueness and end-component stat uniqueness like SWG is wishful thinking, but it sounds like crafting is at least weird to do instead of just a click.

• Locked thread