Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So this popped up today because a friend of mine (red) commented on this horseshit. I know none of these people except for red, and I'm dark blue. Yeah, I fed into it...

I mean, black and brown can't be serious. I feel like I'm being trolled harder then I've ever been trolled before. People can't be this dumb... Can they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

EZipperelli posted:

So this popped up today because a friend of mine (red) commented on this horseshit. I know none of these people except for red, and I'm dark blue. Yeah, I fed into it...

I mean, black and brown can't be serious. I feel like I'm being trolled harder then I've ever been trolled before. People can't be this dumb... Can they?

Oh come on, you should know by now how stupid people are. I know people like black and brown personally and they're why I drink.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

Oh come on, you should know by now how stupid people are. I know people like black and brown personally and they're why I drink.

If I didn't know the context this post would be racist as hell.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Ragequit posted:

If I didn't know the context this post would be racist as hell.

All these goddamn colors are just so dumb. They don't deserve to live in civilized society!

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?

AGirlWonder posted:

Gwyneth Paltrow made another dumb comment, and now everyone's letting each other know how much better they are. Such as the lovely Cindy McCain, who fights a war against irrelevance every day:

And then there's this badass:

Hi, I'm Cindy McCain. I don't understand metaphorical language, and I want to make sure everyone knows it.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Irradiation posted:

This isn't why but yes it does have fairly low mobility in the environment.

In the context of DU munitions, the residue settles within 100m of the impact site because of it's weight. Mobility after landing is something separate and I should have been more specific, sorry.

For content, here's something a little more lighthearted to remind us all that not all the idiots on social media are hitler incarnates; some of them are just well intentioned good kids with zero wherewithal :unsmith:

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Olanphonia posted:

Same people who really want to drink raw milk all the time. It's mostly because pasteurization destroys some of the vitamins in foods due to the heat. The extra little bit of vitamins are obviously worth the chance of horrible sickness!

Not saying that mass-produced beer shouldn't be pasteurized as part of industry standards, but beer is a different case from milk in that it's typically acidic/alcoholic enough to prevent most bacteria.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

cptn_dr posted:

I've had duplicate accounts add me twice recently. Still can't figure out what the point of the 'scam' is.

I had this happen with a co-worker (Bob); he and his wife were going through a pretty ugly divorce -- one party made a second account of Bob asking everyone to delete the other (I have no idea who had custody of whose accounts, so I don't know who it was), and it was also apparent that they were trying to look for evidence of infidelity (or Bob was incredibly creepy), as one of the Bobs began to hit on: relatives who were attractive, but didn't share the same last name; co-workers; and married women.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Ok my photo didn't upload, let's try that again

Only registered members can see post attachments!

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

EZipperelli posted:

Your Uncle Bum

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

graynull posted:

Hi, I'm Cindy McCain. I don't understand metaphorical language, and I want to make sure everyone knows it.

Isn't Cindy McCain the one who said being a mother was the hardest job in the world?
Cindy McCain, John McCain's wife? Rich as gently caress John McCain*?

*gently caress obviously not meaning Romney

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

Guest2553 posted:

Ok my photo didn't upload, let's try that again

First thing I thought of:

(I don't know why anyone would do this)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Ana Lucia Cortez posted:

Somebody linked this article on Facebook:
http://themindunleashed.org/2014/05/8-beers-stop-drinking-immediately.html

I can't believe they would put chemicals like corn syrup and *gasp* GMOS in the literal poison I drink every night! :rolleyes:

My favorite quote from there is this: "Propylene Glycol is controversial, and is said to may be potentially harmful to your health."

It's just the most watered-down warning ever. "I've heard once before that there's a possibility that this could cause some non-specific harm to somebody under some kind of circumstance presumably!"

I mean, come on.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
A couple days late, but I love when somebody influential and amazing dies (not that part) and suddenly everyone you know comes out with how they've always loved and respected them and that they altered their life in ways you don't even know, man.

Maya Angelou quotes everywhere.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter
To be fair, Maya Angelou totally could have done that. Not terribly likely with Facebook though

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

Baron von Eevl posted:

My favorite quote from there is this: "Propylene Glycol is controversial, and is said to may be potentially harmful to your health."

It's just the most watered-down warning ever. "I've heard once before that there's a possibility that this could cause some non-specific harm to somebody under some kind of circumstance presumably!"

I mean, come on.

The absolute best is the inclusion of things proven safe, like MSG.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I just found out you can hide links/pictures from certain websites on your feed, today is a good day. gently caress you redneck cousins! I may actually look at facebook more than once a week now.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Zeether posted:

First thing I thought of:

(I don't know why anyone would do this)

The ways of people's fetishes are mysterious indeed.

What I REALLY wonder is why you'd want your name slapped across the front.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Anatharon posted:

The ways of people's fetishes are mysterious indeed.

What I REALLY wonder is why you'd want your name slapped across the front.

Exhibitionism.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

kinmik posted:

A couple days late, but I love when somebody influential and amazing dies (not that part) and suddenly everyone you know comes out with how they've always loved and respected them and that they altered their life in ways you don't even know, man.

Maya Angelou quotes everywhere.
If it makes you feel any better, none of her poetry has ever really done anything for me.

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

AGirlWonder posted:

Gwyneth Paltrow made another dumb comment, and now everyone's letting each other know how much better they are. Such as the lovely Cindy McCain, who fights a war against irrelevance every day:

And then there's this badass:

I thought we all got over how vapid Paltrow is about two years ago?

Content: not dumb, just ominous

(From Eberts review of Looper; I think this counts as a public page)

Bomrek has a new favorite as of 09:33 on May 30, 2014

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm not sure how cool posting Literally Unbelievable is here, but I feellike I have to post the most radical 'swing and a miss' I've seen in recent days.

Strange Charm
Apr 6, 2008

GMOs sure bring out the rationality in people.

Edit: Idiots on Social Media: 80 % of US is carcinogenic.

Strange Charm has a new favorite as of 11:00 on May 30, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Does no one point out that if everyone was armed and an incident like this happened there would probably be 1000x the casualties as everyone would start shooting at everyone as who the gently caress would be able to tell what was actually going on.

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things

Nibbles141 posted:

Does no one point out that if everyone was armed and an incident like this happened there would probably be 1000x the casualties as everyone would start shooting at everyone as who the gently caress would be able to tell what was actually going on.

No, because good guys with guns are easily identified from the bad ones with guns. Your reticule turns green if you hover over them.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Olanphonia posted:

Same people who really want to drink raw milk all the time. It's mostly because pasteurization destroys some of the vitamins in foods due to the heat. The extra little bit of vitamins are obviously worth the chance of horrible sickness!

Raw milk is incredibly good and I pity the city boys

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

ANIME MONSTROSITY posted:

Raw milk is incredibly good and I pity the city boys

Its tasty, but also a good way to get food poisoning.

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slickdrac posted:

No, because good guys with guns are easily identified from the bad ones with guns. Your reticule turns green if you hover over them.

Shoot 'em all and let God sort out the bodies. :clint:

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Nibbles141 posted:

I think you will find that if it's a legitimate user of the second amendment, their body has ways of shutting the whole process down and blocking injury.

SybilVimes
Oct 29, 2011

Nibbles141 posted:

Collateral damage is as american as apple pie, bombing wedding parties, and ignoring science.

Wezzo
Sep 15, 2007
Rated PG
For context, Light Balance were a (pretty decent) act on last night's episode of Britain's Got Talent, who didn't get through to the final. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyFWc15GT8Y They also happen to be from Ukraine.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Ok Fella posted:

I just found out you can hide links/pictures from certain websites on your feed, today is a good day. gently caress you redneck cousins! I may actually look at facebook more than once a week now.

I realize that this thread is probably a weird place to ask, but why the gently caress are you keeping them on your friends list if they're clogging up your feed with bullshit that you don't want to see? Are you like, close friends with them or something?

I have coworkers that bitch about the same thing and I'm just really confused. If you want to use facebook or whatever social media thing and they're ruining it, just drop them like a bad habit.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Hiding people instead of deleting them cuts out their dumb bullshit while preventing the even dumber "YOU DELETED ME FROM FACEBOOK!!!!" drama.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Where do you think 98% of the content found in this thread comes from anyway? It's almost like schadenfreude for masochists, the way most of the posters here wade through the steaming piles of bullshit for everyone else to enjoy.

I enjoy it at least. :downs:

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

socilest butthomo posted:

GMOs sure bring out the rationality in people.

Edit: Idiots on Social Media: 80 % of US is carcinogenic.

I'm stealing that last comment to use forever

Slickdrac posted:

No, guns and mass gunownership can never let us down, only you can let guns down.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Xombie posted:

Every single one of them is lovely, in part because they use food additives in place of actual fresh ingredients. They use them for the same reason that many junk food companies do, and that is because it is cheap at the cost of taste. They are the frozen dinners of beers.

I'm not talking about any and all possible food additives ever used in all foods, this is about beer specifically. They are only included to water it down. They give the Bud/Miller/Coors companies a fatter bottom line, for no net positive on the consumer's end. It's not about health, it's about quality. Food additives as a whole are not necessarily evil. But they most definitely interfere with the chemical process of beer. There is an extremely noticeable objective difference between cheap beer full of food additives and anything a craft brewer can come up with.

There are about four basic ingredients to beer: malted barley, yeast, hops, and water. When you brew a beer, you heat the barley in water to mash it. This process produces the sugars. When you pitch in yeast, it eats the sugars and produces alcohol and carbon dioxide. When you add other sugars it changes the taste. Just like HFCS and imitation sugar taste like poo poo compared to real sugar, adding them to beer to speed up the process makes the beer taste like poo poo. But it's even worse, since we're talking about the actual chemical processes of producing beer, not just making a cheap alternative to sugar to sweeten foods. Corn and rice make beer cheaper, but taste far crappier.

Every blind test taste of products that have sugar and HFCS varients has resulted in almost everyone not being able to tell the difference. Same with impact it has on the body. If you think HFCS tastes noticeably different than cane sugar its likely just in your head.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Falcon2001 posted:

I realize that this thread is probably a weird place to ask, but why the gently caress are you keeping them on your friends list if they're clogging up your feed with bullshit that you don't want to see? Are you like, close friends with them or something?

I have coworkers that bitch about the same thing and I'm just really confused. If you want to use facebook or whatever social media thing and they're ruining it, just drop them like a bad habit.

It's mostly family from my dad's side who are actually pretty cool for the most part except for the random OBAMA :argh: and tea party shares. I'm just stoked I can hide all that bullshit and see how they're doing.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

Aesop Poprock posted:

Every blind test taste of products that have sugar and HFCS varients has resulted in almost everyone not being able to tell the difference. Same with impact it has on the body. If you think HFCS tastes noticeably different than cane sugar its likely just in your head.

I can tell the difference between HFCS and Cane Sugar in soft drinks, but I generally prefer the HFCS ones probably just because I am used to them.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Aesop Poprock posted:

If you think HFCS tastes noticeably different than cane sugar its likely just in your head.

You did not just say that :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

FrozenVent posted:

Hiding people instead of deleting them cuts out their dumb bullshit while preventing the even dumber "YOU DELETED ME FROM FACEBOOK!!!!" drama.

I've had this happen exactly one time and it kind of confuses me. Maybe this is my moment in the autistic sun or whatever but I just told the guy flat out 'you're cluttering up my feed with bullshit and we're not really friends or anything, bye' and that was that.

Like, what power could these people possibly have over you that this drama is anything tangible?

kinmik posted:

Where do you think 98% of the content found in this thread comes from anyway? It's almost like schadenfreude for masochists, the way most of the posters here wade through the steaming piles of bullshit for everyone else to enjoy.

I enjoy it at least. :downs:

See this makes sense but the way he worded it made it sound like he was going to block it and thus why even have it.

• Locked thread