Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

vibratingsheep posted:

Soon. But first, I'd like you guys to suggest new titles for the thread! All of my ideas are mostly unprintable, due to my opinion of this installment.
Tokimeki Memorial 3: Six Wigs, One Face
Tokimeki Memorial 3: Uncanny Valley High

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrostyJones
Sep 23, 2012
Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - You Thought Crowdfunding Disappointments Were a New Concept?

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - I'd Rather Be Playing iDOLM@STER

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - The Black vibratingsheep of the Family

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Could Be Worse, We Could Be Playing Sentimental Graffiti

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Push Me Down Moegino Hill

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - When's Puzzledama?

Einander
Sep 14, 2008

"Yeh've forged a magnificent sword."

"This one's only practice. The real sword I intend to forge will be three times longer."

"Can there really be a sword as monstrous as that in this world?"

"Yes. I can see that sword... Somewhere out there..."
Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Sisyphus and the Legendary Hill

I'd even say Sisyphus was appropriate, considering the punishment was for deceit, but sheep is the poor bastard stuck pushing his rock. Good luck, man.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

FrostyJones posted:

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - You Thought Crowdfunding Disappointments Were a New Concept?
Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - The Original Crowdfunding Disappointment

Friar John
Aug 3, 2007

Saint Francis be my speed! how oft to-night
Have my old feet stumbled at graves!

Sindai posted:

I like this one. Good luck, sheep.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! The Dating Sim That Lets You Simulate Being A Person Who Plays Dating Sims!

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! And Watch This Thread Go From Gold to Crap!

vibratingsheep posted:

Unlike the previous games, which featured songs by the voices of the main heroines, the opening and ending songs are performed by the legendary band/vocalist Zard, and the opening can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUkgmB76X8Y

Oh great, I went to the media site linked in the video description and am now downloading MIDI's like it's 1999. Nostalgia!

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
I like SisyphusGoon and the Legendary Hill.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Sindai posted:

this describes it perfectly.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Sindai posted:

I'll go with this one.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Let's just get to the main point of what TokiMemo 3 teaches us.

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Proof that 2D Girls Are Better

I also like the Sisyphus one.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Sindai posted:

Tokimeki Memorial 3: Six Wigs, One Face
Tokimeki Memorial 3: Uncanny Valley High

Tokimeki Memorial 3: Legendary Hill and Uncanny Valley

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

FrostyJones posted:

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - The Black vibratingsheep of the Family

This for maximum meta-ness.

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Sisyphus and the Moe Hill.

Coughman
Mar 12, 2010

Communists and Freemasons.
So I guess I should ask, is the Girl Side better, equal, or worse to this installment?
Or are we saving that for when we get to it?

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

Catalina posted:

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Sisyphus and the Moe Hill.
The name of the town in this game has not aged gracefully. I know "moegi" is a word that means something, but in The Year of Our Lord 2014, I don't think you'd call it that if you wanted to be taken seriously. It's a bit too on the nose.

Phanos
Jul 24, 2006
So who made the sandwiches?

ChorpSaway posted:

Let's just get to the main point of what TokiMemo 3 teaches us.

I also like the Sisyphus one.

Expanding on this: Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3: Even Waifus Can Be 3-D Pig Disgusting

Reverend Cheddar
Nov 6, 2005

wriggle cat is happy

Sindai posted:

This is quite fitting, I do believe. :clap:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Let's Play Tokimemo Memorial 3: Wait, We Voted For What?

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 30, 2014

Piano Maniac
Oct 10, 2011
I'm really glad we're... well not we, that vibratingsheep is doing TokiMemo 3.
I've only played the 4th installment on the PSP and it was pretty phenomenal even though I was dabbling around with it because of my crappy Japanese skills. Even then I loved every single second I played it: the artwork was really pretty, I loved how they used the sound to their advantage when playing with headphones, and most of all - the easter eggs to Konami franchises were quite... imaginative.

I can't wait to see what really went wrong with the 3rd game. Godspeed!

Bookworm
Apr 22, 2014

Coughman posted:

So I guess I should ask, is the Girl Side better, equal, or worse to this installment?

I think it's better, based just on what's been said about Tokimeki 3 so far. It's not as good as Tokimeki 2, but it does have a sizeable cast (8 non-secret guys plus 4 female friends) and 2-D graphics.

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

ChorpSaway posted:

I like this one.

Galick
Nov 26, 2011

Why does Khajiit have to go to prison this time?
Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3 - This is Real

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Let's Pay Tokimeki Memorial 3 - Japanese Economics Megathread

No, that wasn't a typo :colbert:

Raitzeno
Nov 24, 2007

What? It seemed like
a good idea at the time.

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! Unintended Consequences of Unintended Trolling

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! My Precious High School Life Is RUINED!

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Einander posted:

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Sisyphus and the Legendary Hill

I'd even say Sisyphus was appropriate, considering the punishment was for deceit, but sheep is the poor bastard stuck pushing his rock. Good luck, man.

Gotta second this.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Welcome to Stepford High
Come Play Tokimeki Memorial 3 with us, Goon! ...for ever and ever and ever

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - You start to play it and it's like somebody's nightmare. And then this woman comes on, smiling at you, right? Seeing you... through the screen.
(I know it's too long but I couldn't resist)

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Coughman posted:

The Girl's Side series is very good. I'd say the first one is "almost as good as Tokimeki Memorial 2", and Girl's Side 2 and 3 are "As good as TM2 or better". Reading the last update, I was really shocked that Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side came from the same disaster as Tokimeki Memorial 3.

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Crowdfunding Disappointment GOTY 2001.

(Reading Wikipedia, it says that Tokimeki Memorial 3 got a 34 out of 40 from Famitsu? Ahahaha, that can't be right, can it?)

vibratingsheep
Nov 2, 2013

Fudou, Gunzou. The Face of the Franchise Killer. 2004.

Catalina posted:

The Girl's Side series is very good. I'd say the first one is "almost as good as Tokimeki Memorial 2", and Girl's Side 2 and 3 are "As good as TM2 or better". Reading the last update, I was really shocked that Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side came from the same disaster as Tokimeki Memorial 3.

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - Crowdfunding Disappointment GOTY 2001.

(Reading Wikipedia, it says that Tokimeki Memorial 3 got a 34 out of 40 from Famitsu? Ahahaha, that can't be right, can it?)

Final Fantasy XIII received a 39/40. Famitsu scores mean zilch, because they have a long and honored tradition of gladhanding popular franchises. A 10/9/9/9 cross review score is an accepted way of Famitsu telling people "you're going to by it anyway, so who cares what score we give it?" Visual novels and similar games tend to hang out in the 33-36 range.

e: Whoops, Final Fantasy Run In A Straight Line And Mash A actually got a 39/40. XIII-2 is the one that actually received a 40! The rest of the perfect scores list is almost as depressing, really.

vibratingsheep fucked around with this message at 16:57 on May 30, 2014

nielsm
Jun 1, 2009

vibratingsheep posted:

Final Fantasy XIII received a 40/40. Famitsu scores mean zilch, because they have a long and honored tradition of gladhanding popular franchises. A 10/9/9/9 cross review score is an accepted way of Famitsu telling people "you're going to by it anyway, so who cares what score we give it?" Visual novels and similar games tend to hang out in the 33-36 range.

Sounds like they score games on a scale of 30/40 to 40/40.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Let's Play Tokimeki Memorial 3! - (Why are we playing this, again?)

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

vibratingsheep posted:

Final Fantasy Run In A Straight Line And Mash A
You know better than to say things like that around goons. Even if Azure Horizon is no longer with us.

Jenner
Jun 5, 2011
Lowtax banned me because he thought I was trolling by acting really stupid. I wasn't acting.

Coughman posted:

The first Girl Side is meh but WAY better than this. (It really only loses points to me because one of the dateable characters is especially inappropriate for a high school girl and the "childhood friend"/Canon pursuit character is unlikeable and has no personality.)

The second Girl Side is pretty drat good! It still has some creepiness but the boys are far more interesting.

the third in the series is really something :allears:.

So yeah GS > TokiMemo3

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Jenner posted:

(It really only loses points to me because one of the dateable characters is especially inappropriate for a high school girl
It's a teacher, isn't it? The Hatoful Boyfriend LP taught me there's always a teacher.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Sindai posted:

It's a teacher, isn't it? The Hatoful Boyfriend LP taught me there's always a teacher.

Better than a teacher!

It's the principal, who is 20 years the main character's senior. Also he's a flirt. At the students. Yeah.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

...Freddie?

Catalina
May 20, 2008

Oh but in Tokimeki Memorial Girl's Side there's one more inappropriate (not-really-secret) character!

Those two are really the worst of it, (there is a teacher character, but he's pure teenage girl Hot Older Boyfriend fantasy, so I think the creepiness reflects more on the player, rather than the character and the writers.)

The majority are awesome/funny characters, my favorite of which is a basketball player who will often talk about how awesome it's going to be when he plays in America. :911:

Catalina fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 30, 2014

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Sindai posted:

This one is great.

quote:

So did they purposefully make the character art horrid to match the cel-shaded graphics, or?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

BlitzBlast posted:

So did they purposefully make the character art horrid to match the cel-shaded graphics, or?

That's drawn? I thought it was just the models on a background.

Giovanni_Sinclair
Apr 25, 2009

It was on this day that his greatest enemy defeated, the true lord of darkness arose. His name? MARIO.

Sindai posted:

Gotta to go with this

ChorpSaway posted:

This is also good too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porush
Dec 26, 2012
How about:

"Let's train a squad of humanoid drones to simulate human emotion in Tokimeki Memorial 3!"

• Locked thread