Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manifest Dynasty
Feb 29, 2008
Also buffs and taxis and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip

dreffen posted:

It was probably the easiest way to get ahold of Taear to correct the mistake?

The post was reported as importing drama from IRC so I'm not going to do a bunch of investigating as to what actually happened on IRC. He says he was saying something about something else, some other dude banned him for thinking he was saying something about something different. If there's a problem he could always message the dude in IRC. Too many times has this poo poo turned into page long arguments about loving IRC poo poo

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007

Jfizzoid posted:

I was in a group with some Archeage goons and we killed this dude in his own castle. It was a rewarding experience.

That's pretty awesome. Just heard him say he's on a PvE server in Wildstar because world PvP is just annoying and there's no point to it. You can be proud.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

You had to say it. Now I know someone at least thought about it and that horrifies me to no end.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Another path thing: you don't need to do every path mission in every zone to get to max level so if one particular mission is loving you around you can just ignore it

Kewpuh
Oct 22, 2003

when i dip you dip we dip
Eh so I'm told it was resolved a couple posts down from the dudes post so my bad. When I was scrolling through the page I was looking for someone quoting TLM to respond but didn't see it so I assumed it was still unresolved. Sorry for my lovely posts

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Dead Like Rev posted:

You had to say it. Now I know someone at least thought about it and that horrifies me to no end.

Imagine her (I think) coming at you naked saying "Baby say my real name, call me franbunny final fantasy 12...."

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
If you don't care about paths then don't loving do path missions because all of the rewards are either cosmetic or ultimately pathetic

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Kewpuh posted:

Eh so I'm told it was resolved a couple posts down from the dudes post so my bad. When I was scrolling through the page I was looking for someone quoting TLM to respond but didn't see it so I assumed it was still unresolved. Sorry for my lovely posts

Hey, if they help stop those unbearable derails we got in the last few incarnations of these threads, I'm all for it.

Anyway, as for the discussion, I agree that Settler is pretty low-maintenance if you don't give a crap about path stuff while still being easy enough to let you grab the relevant perks you want.

Me? I like going off of the beaten path, so I'm totally going scientist. (Because lore is more enjoyable than jump puzzles.). Plus there are some really nice areas and details to be found/seen in the zones I've been in so far, and I've only really been in starter and early ones. (I've consciously stopped myself from leveling beyond either capital city).

Edit:

Rhymenoserous posted:

Imagine her (I think) coming at you naked saying "Baby say my real name, call me franbunny final fantasy 12...."

Nope. Nope nope nope.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

:ducksiren: post over here tell me what socks you're wearing for launch :ducksiren:

https://forums.wildstar-online.com/forums/index.php?/topic/54586-what-color-socks-are-you-wearing-during-launch/

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Pwnstar posted:

Another path thing: you don't need to do every path mission in every zone to get to max level so if one particular mission is loving you around you can just ignore it

I'll still remind people that you get regular XP for any path missions you do after you hit path level 30 - so there is a benefit

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Kewpuh posted:

Are you seriously trying to import IRC drama to the forums?

What is wrong with you? You are a bad person. Give people a break.

Commissar Budgie
Aug 10, 2011

I am a Commissar. I am empowered to deliver justice wherever I see it lacking. I am empowered to punish cowardice. I am granted the gift of total authority to judge, in the name of the Emperor, on the field of combat.

a cat on an apple posted:

If you don't care about paths then don't loving do path missions because all of the rewards are either cosmetic or ultimately pathetic

I dunno, Scientist's group summon and town portal are pretty useful.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

hobocrunch posted:

What is wrong with you? You are a bad person. Give people a break.

No mods no masters.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

:neckbeard: :woop: :downsbravo: :slick:

Cup of crazy.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

I tried trolling the official forums a while back, but even that got to be maddening. Now I only look at the Dev tracker and it's... still bad because it's usually strained, polite responses to people freaking out about nothing.

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Who Dat posted:

Cup of crazy.

I would bet on that being a male.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

hobocrunch posted:

I get a strong androgynous vibe for a reason. :tinfoil:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

hobocrunch posted:

Pretty sure it is, but I couldn't tell until I un-thumbnailed it.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

If people wear their socks, how can they poop in them?

hobocrunch
Mar 11, 2008

I'm walkin' here

Collateral Damage posted:

If people wear their socks, how can they poop in them?

A tube...

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

enraged_camel posted:

What's going to be the best way to make lots of money fast? I was thinking about going double-gathering, but then I realized I don't know if craftable stuff actually sells well.
Buy orders. Buy low from idiots, sell high. Debatable how to get your starting bankroll, but finding the right stuff to buy automatically from dumb shits is a cash train. Of course you won't be the only one of us trying to do this.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

The Royal Scrub posted:

So somebody seriously just donated one thousand dollars to this guy on Twitch to hand out WS keys. There's a decent chance you might win one if you try I guess.

http://www.twitch.tv/cohhcarnage

gently caress this guy and his archeage guild that uses the Fat bee on their sails in archeage.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Guys, can we stop posting pictures of creepy internet people? It's pretty creepy too!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

FranBunny gives us plenty to make fun of without bashing their personal appearance.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh poo poo, that's FranBunny? drat, I guess it might be a woman after all :psyduck:

(also, the character's name is Fran and Fran is a perfectly acceptable name if a little old-fashioned; why would you not just change your name to Fran; why does it have to be FranBunny)

Minsky
May 23, 2001

I don't know much about paths but I hear you can buy different hats for the scientist scanbot that follows you around so that's the one I'm picking.

I still have no idea about which class though!

Edit:

Minsky fucked around with this message at 16:15 on May 30, 2014

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Anoia posted:

I tried trolling the official forums a while back, but even that got to be maddening. Now I only look at the Dev tracker and it's... still bad because it's usually strained, polite responses to people freaking out about nothing.

Seems to be the standard more so for this community than most. Have to freak out about anything that deals with any casual elements of the game, or going free to play, or if someone minor changes it will no longer be the WoW killer it was destined to be becaCARBINE WHY ARENT YOU LISTENING

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A few people on the official forums have mentioned that the Carbine devs have said they would kill off Wildstar completely before they went free to play, but I can't find any actual quotes.

My expectation for after launch is that we'll see a new battleground (already confirmed anyways) and some new raids, and then nothing else ever again. That's how it tends to work out for MMOs.

Inepta Lacerta
Nov 20, 2012

Really quite silly indeed.

Minsky posted:

I don't know much about paths but I hear you can buy different hats for the scientist scanbot that follows you around so that's the one I'm picking.

I still have no idea about which class though!

Edit:

I had no idea you could customize your scanbot that far. That is just magnificent. :allears:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Kewpuh posted:

The post was reported as importing drama from IRC so I'm not going to do a bunch of investigating as to what actually happened on IRC. He says he was saying something about something else, some other dude banned him for thinking he was saying something about something different. If there's a problem he could always message the dude in IRC. Too many times has this poo poo turned into page long arguments about loving IRC poo poo

In planetside 2 before I came to play with SA members sometime last november, there had been apparently a shitload of drama I fortunately never got to experience that resulted in a harsh clampdown on the forums over it. As a result, my experience with planetside 2 has been more or less drama-free and highly enjoyable - no bad vibes or toxic atmosphere.

To be fair though, part of this is also due to the people currently in leadership of the various planetside 2 outfits deciding to act like reasonable adults while still creating safe space to be silly ingame - as well as policiing their own pretty well. So it really is a combination of keeping drama off the forums and keeping drama out of the game groups to boot.

I know there will be inevitable drama in Wildstar too - it seems almost unavoidable - but I would also hope that a combination of mod policing here to keep drama off the forums plus the leadership of the wildstar goon group(s) deciding to be as drama-free as possible and would take care to police their own in a mature fashion. While of course still fully allowing people to cut loose and be silly. Being silly is not the same as being a reprehensible dramabomb after all.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Goony drama is half the fun of an MMO. Crack open a refreshing beverage and laugh at goons being terrible people, then laugh even more at pubbies being even more terrible.

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

I said come in! posted:

FranBunny gives us plenty to make fun of without bashing their personal appearance.

Is FranBunny the same dude that posted an essay about Aurins and why they should wear tights or something during beta?

Arcfade
Nov 14, 2013

Or something

Ramadu posted:

:wtc: That person has some issues god drat. TO the guy asking about RP players, here's example 1. Jesus.

I dunno, I'm an RPer and I want to keep as far as gently caress away from this person. I wish I could get in on the ganking, but I doubt this person will -ever- be flagged.

Who Dat
Dec 13, 2007

I said come in! posted:

No doubt.

I was just posting that pic just to show people he/she looks like. Unremarkable. I was kind of expecting someone more....uh....robust. Like boogie2988 robust.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VoLaTiLe posted:

Is FranBunny the same dude that posted an essay about Aurins and why they should wear tights or something during beta?

I have no idea but I wouldn't be surprised. I'm just glad they don't get to use the screen name FranBunny, I want to high five whoever took it.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
I think I have a general idea of the character class/path combos I want to make for my 'mains.'

Engineer-Settler
Medic-Scientist
Esper-Explorer
Spellslinger-Soldier

Will probably do Stalker-explorer and Warrior-soldier for the last 2 classes, but I'm not that interested in them compared to the other 4.

SumYungGui posted:

Goony drama is half the fun of an MMO. Crack open a refreshing beverage and laugh at goons being terrible people, then laugh even more at pubbies being even more terrible.

It's hilarious in hindsight when those involved have been punished or whatever, but it's not hilarious to experience it and have it make your play experience lovely and toxic.

doomisland
Oct 5, 2004

This is a cool thread and is very popular on the forums.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
My crippling autism disallows me from picking a class/path combo that doesn't make "sense." So I can't be anything but a Soldier Warrior.

I want to play Warrior but I also want to play Explorer. Please help me, goons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Poultron posted:

My crippling autism disallows me from picking a class/path combo that doesn't make "sense." So I can't be anything but a Soldier Warrior.

I want to play Warrior but I also want to play Explorer. Please help me, goons.

I'm actually a little mad at Spacedad for pointing out that Engineer/Settler and Medic/Scientist make more sense than Engineer/Scientist. What the hell, Spacedad, now I have to roll Settler :mad:

• Locked thread