Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Count Roland posted:

You don't get so many vicious KOs from being a terrible fighter.

Melvin Guillard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

EvanSchenck posted:

I'm not saying that Nelson is going to get knocked out, because he seems ridiculously durable, but getting hit in the face and body a zillion times by Mark Hunt is probably going to cause a decline in his fighting ability as the bout goes on.

You say fighting ability, I say life expectancy.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Mark Hunt is going to beat the poo poo out of Roy Nelson.

Panama Red
Jul 30, 2003

Only in America could you find a way to earn a healthy buck and still keep your attitude on self destruct
There once was a fighter named Wanderlei
Who was supposed to fight at Mandalay
But a drug test he would fail
So he ran away from Chael
This is our sport that is gay.

I'm still new to this sport but even I know Hunt versus Nelson is going to be awesome. Really pulling for Hunt, but both guys seem to have overcome past limitations to perform at a higher level.

Edit: Also interesting to note that Nelson took 437 significant strikes during his first 10 UFC fights without being knocked out

Panama Red fucked around with this message at 15:09 on May 30, 2014

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if there was ever a time the ring might collapse, it'll be during Hunt/Nelson. It'll be really interesting when Nelson has to dust off his grappling memories while Hunt executes sweep after beautiful sweep.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

coconono posted:

if there was ever a time the ring might collapse, it'll be during Hunt/Nelson. It'll be really interesting when Nelson has to dust off his grappling memories while Hunt executes sweep after beautiful sweep.

Hunt is going to pull deep half and hit a waiter sweep and the universe will explode.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Mark Hunt via Calf Slicer

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
So apparently ufc.com changed Sonnen v Belfort to Sonnen v TBD. I'm guessing Vitor had license issues.

http://www.ufc.com/event/UFC175?nd=1

Vitor must still be having licensing issues.

Nifft fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 30, 2014

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

I don't know but if that JDS overhand right that echoed throughout Nevada couldn't knock out Mark Hunt I doubt anything Roy throws at him can do it.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
All HWs hit hard. Roy does have a BRH, though, and quite a bit of power. He does very well to lure people into it, but he also hasn't been fighting strikers the caliber of Hunt.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
I've been waiting for Roy to deploy BJJ on someone since tuf 10. It's not happening.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bubba Smith posted:

While having no answer when I pointed out on his earlier today, but to answer his bewildered post:

You ever notice how all the people Nelson knocked out are guys that have been knocked out by several other heavyweights? Knocking out Cro Cop or Struve or Schaub seems like a big deal until three other heavyweights do the exact same thing, and then at that point you realize Roy Nelson doesn't have unmatched power at heavyweight. He has about the same knockout power as everybody else.

He has knockout power. If he lands that big right hand he knocks people out. The thing is, he doesn't land that overhand against anybody who knows how to deal with it. I really really strongly feel that at heavyweight "power" and "chin" are much less meaningful than "striking competency" and "defense".

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
"power" is also sort of a weird thing because roy loads everything up into an overhand right, which can be one of the hardest punches thrown. does he knock people out with jabs or hooks or straights? not really. he's got one strike that is very threatening, but he's not the sort of dude that can end it at any time from any position. he is really quite competent at getting to a go position to throw and land that strike, but we've also seen him absolutely carved up by people who are prepared.

Pelleas
Apr 24, 2005
I was really disappointed in Nelson after the Miocic fight. Miocic kept circling to Nelson's left and Roy had nothing to offer. He couldn't cut him off and throw a left hook at all. It made him look like a one trick pony as far as striking goes.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
mark hunt has knockout power in both hands, and that really benefits by his excellent defense and the fact that he is the world's strongest man

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

MacDougall posted:

List of interesting fights this weekend

Mark Munoz vs. Gegard Mousasi
Niklas Backstrom vs. Tom Niinimaki

Fabio Maldonado vs. Stipe Miocic
Demian Maia vs. Alexander Yakovlev
Rony Jason vs. Robert Peralta
that one is just interesting for the names, right?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Niinimaki grappled all over Rani Yahya in his last fight, that was cool.

Sprecherscrow
Dec 20, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

All HWs hit hard. Roy does have a BRH, though, and quite a bit of power. He does very well to lure people into it, but he also hasn't been fighting strikers the caliber of Hunt.

Well, it has been said that if Roy dropped the gut he'd be a middleweight and only a middleweight can knockout Hunt so maybe Roy does have a chance here.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

quote:

@guicruzzz: Wanderlei Silva tweets that he's going to post a video tomorrow to "explain everything".

yesss

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Can't wait to see his reason after he spends four minutes calling Chael a coward and a bully of Brazilians.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Twitter is buzzing about Dana saying Wanderlai is "Done" in the UFC.

Good let that fucker go fight Tito in Bellator.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Wanderlei is the Max Headroom of lovely MMA videos.

Edit: I wasn't sure that there could be an outcome better than a TUF season where Brazilians turn on Wandy in favor of Chael Sonnen, followed by the actual fight...but Chael working him up so much he gets tossed from the org without an (official) punch thrown is pretty fuckin' cool too.

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 17:37 on May 30, 2014

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Ty1990 posted:

I don't know but if that JDS overhand right that echoed throughout Nevada couldn't knock out Mark Hunt I doubt anything Roy throws at him can do it.

I honestly wonder what JDS thought when he hit that overhand right and Hunt got right back up. In the end he had to hrow that huge wheel kick to bring Hunt down. I can't see Big Country being able to duplicate that.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ty1990 posted:

Twitter is buzzing about Dana saying Wanderlai is "Done" in the UFC.

Good let that fucker go fight Tito in Bellator.

@danawhite: @ALAN_O_LEARY_22 not what I said. The NSAC will decide his fate

e: sounds more like Dana's waiting for NSAC to blackball him completely.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

coconono posted:

@danawhite: @ALAN_O_LEARY_22 not what I said. The NSAC will decide his fate

e: sounds more like Dana's waiting for NSAC to blackball him completely.

That's what I get for trying to break the story to this thread and impress all of you.

Stimulus
Mar 25, 2005
Any baristas looking to step up to fight Chael?

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Let me save everyone the trouble of watching the video tomorrow:

He disrespect me and my family and my country, of Brazil. I will not fight racists like Chael who disrespect Brazil and the people of it.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Is there a Gracie we can put in this fight and watch Chael double leg for 3 rounds because that's the best possible solution.

*edit* What's Ninja Rua up to.

Detroit_Dogg fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 30, 2014

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
wanderlei will also call chael a coward and say if he is a real man he wouldm't need the octagon and would fight him anywhere. then there will be a screamin' guitar solo

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Is there a Gracie we can put in this fight and watch Chael double leg for 3 rounds because that's the best possible solution.

*edit* What's Ninja Rua up to.

4 self service pumps, 2 full service.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

maffew buildings posted:

then there will be a screamin' guitar solo

This made me crack up because it's true. A man who thinks that poo poo is cool in 2014 has some form of aspergers.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008

maffew buildings posted:

wanderlei will also call chael a coward and say if he is a real man he wouldm't need the octagon and would fight him anywhere. then there will be a screamin' guitar solo

Bonus points if he says that Chael jumped him during their TUF fight.

Just a reminder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LG75pr10XxY

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Let me save everyone the trouble of watching the video tomorrow:

He disrespect me and my family and my country, of Brazil. I will not fight racists like Chael who disrespect Brazil and the people of it.

You forgot the terrible guitar wailing in the background.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Ariel just tweeted that Wanderlei is still a UFC fighter. Dana was meaning "done" for the july 5th card. He also said Sonnen/Belfort will be at 185 and "it is for Vitor" regarding the fight as a #1 contender fight.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
lmao at social justice crusader Wanderlei.

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

So, can we buy space on Hunt's trunks? I'd seriously pitch real dollars for that if the price was right.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Count Roland posted:

So, can we buy space on Hunt's trunks? I'd seriously pitch real dollars for that if the price was right.

A fat bee eating KFC probably already exists knowing Goonfleet.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Count Roland posted:

There's a lot of space, and people used to have 'Condom Depot' on their arse.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Whoever was attempting that before should definitely start it back up. I'm willing to put up more money than I should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
All I did was email his manager guy about it and he said they had space but then after he asked what type of business I had I kinda stopped communicating.

• Locked thread