Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tatankatonk
Nov 4, 2011

Pitching is the art of instilling fear.

Politicalrancor posted:

when is houston skipped

I didn't pick until just now because I was literally at a baseball game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

IcePhoenix posted:

I went to see X-Men and was gone for like three hours and you guys only made one pick? You guys all suck.
x-men was fully sick

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

mynameisjohn posted:

x-men was fully sick

I liked Winter Soldier more, but X-Men was better than Godzilla.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't see Winter Soldier (was never a big Cap fan) and am planning on seeing Godzilla in the near future but yeah, X-Men was really good.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I liked how X-men is an admission to the fact that everything done in the 3rd X-men movie was a mistake.

Anyways, I'm really hoping I get my picks soon. I have good people in mind (I think).

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Politicalrancor you are the X-Men 3 of this thread.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Wolverine goes back to 2011 to prevent Ron Washington from playing a compromised Nelson Cruz in right field

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

Politicalrancor you are the X-Men 3 of this thread.

Brett Ratner is cool with me

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Who wants to help me draft while I am half a world away?

(I know there are peeps in the OP but wanna see who is reading this and paying attention)

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
We know the truth - you're scouting REDACTED

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

The Merry Marauder posted:

We know the truth - you're scouting Nick Punto and Nick Punto.
don't ruin my late round jokes

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are we at 3 hours between picks? The Nationals have been up for almost 3 hours now. Was wondering if I could do my draft picks.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The nationals have not even been up for two hours yet.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
NOW the Nationals can get poached.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
Hah! The nationals poached themselves.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

kensei posted:

Who wants to help me draft while I am half a world away?

(I know there are peeps in the OP but wanna see who is reading this and paying attention)

I'm down.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

So. Any thoughts on LaRoche? I figured he'd be good if he just stayed healthy!

And Wood...I dunno PECOTA projections, but he's been a decent SP, kinda Quintana-like.

Seattle you're up again.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Jubs posted:

I'm down.

Sent you a PM

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pander posted:

So. Any thoughts on LaRoche? I figured he'd be good if he just stayed healthy!

And Wood...I dunno PECOTA projections, but he's been a decent SP, kinda Quintana-like.

Seattle you're up again.

I think Wood is a reasonable pick given what's out there right now.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe
Looking over pitchers remaining, I liked Ivan Nova on strength of his name alone. He sounds like the cosmonaut villain for Rocky 12: Zero-Gstruction. Or something like that.

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope
He really does, doesn't he. I hope he becomes a doctor. Then he'd be all set for a movie villain name.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

drat Llama swooped me. I got real nervous that I had an Atlanta fan right before my pick.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Kluber is one of those guys where you wish this year's stats were taken into account, cause drat he looks amazing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm getting all caught up in OOTP because the last time I updated was my last pick, then I'll pick

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

JackssWastedLife posted:

Kluber is one of those guys where you wish this year's stats were taken into account, cause drat he looks amazing.

Yeah, im not so worried about winning OOTP but putting together a team I like

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Houston is having the most interesting draft so far, imo. I really hate their Mauer pick, I really love Norris and Peralta, and their pitching could be either horrific or great value.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I just noticed the Mets' outfield. I would love to see Kemp and Jones trying to cover the Citi Field outfield every night (Mets fans would not).

E: It looks like IcePhoenix is cleaning up so far. That's a really good team (other than D'Arnaud who has upside).

tadashi fucked around with this message at 14:03 on May 30, 2014

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I thought no one else knew about Calhoun :negative:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

THE RED MENACE posted:

He would have been a decent pick for the last three rounds or so.

tadashi posted:

E: It looks like IcePhoenix is cleaning up so far. That's a really good team (other than D'Arnaud who has upside).

Thanks! Your team is good too, though I'm a bit worried about how your offense will turn out. I'm not a fan of Napoli. Having two aces is pretty cool though.

e: CFBalla started the day with a fresh clock, for anyone wanting to keep track during the day. I'd really like us to finish round nine today!

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 15:58 on May 30, 2014

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

THE RED MENACE posted:

Had that Punto next on my list, for whatever that's worth coming from the DETROIT MEOW CITY Doziers.

Screen Door Slams
Jan 27, 2014

Michael Pineda just couldn't stay healthy...
I'm pretty happy with the position players I have, but... I don't know what kind of pitching staff I'll be able to put together.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Screen Door Slams posted:

I'm pretty happy with the position players I have, but... I don't know what kind of pitching staff I'll be able to put together.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the teams that haven't drafted any pitchers yet fare.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the teams that haven't drafted any pitchers yet fare.

INJURIES ARE OFF

CRAIG KIMBREL

NINE INNINGS

EVERY GAME

EVERY DAY

FOR THE REST OF TIME

KIMBREL IS INVINCIBLE

KIMBREL IS IMMORTAL

BASEBALL IS PAIN

LIFE IS PAIN

EXISTENCE IS PAIN

PITCH AGAIN FOR ME, KIMBREL

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO DIE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Injuries are off but fatigue is not.

The Merry Marauder
Apr 4, 2009

"But she goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy. She is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own."
OOTP has a "Clone Player" option. You know what to do, Lorax.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

The Merry Marauder posted:

OOTP has a "Clone Player" option. You know what to do, Lorax.

24 more Chris Doziers, coming right up.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

IcePhoenix posted:

I thought you were joking but :stare:

I'm suddenly feeling much better about my rotation.

Sexual Lorax posted:

24 more Chris Doziers, coming right up.

Sign #1 you've reached on someone: You can't remember their actual name.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

Infidel Castro posted:

Sign #1 you've reached on someone: You can't remember their actual name.
who?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Looking through team pages to see how teams are doing, I'm incredibly disappointed in some of you with how bland they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laderhan
Oct 2, 2013

tadashi posted:

I just noticed the Mets' outfield. I would love to see Kemp and Jones trying to cover the Citi Field outfield every night (Mets fans would not).

I drafted Braun, not Kemp. But yeah I guess your point stands, but if my plan goes right, Jones won't be playing center. Either way, I'm just trying to build the best lineup and rotation on paper that I can, so whatever.

Als,o I seriously can't believe some of you haven't drafted pitchers yet. I mean I know you play in Yankee Stadium or whatever, but jeez.

Laderhan fucked around with this message at 17:11 on May 30, 2014

• Locked thread