Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Aleth posted:

Best bit:

I need to go see if the forums have burst into flame yet.

Edit: one to watch: clicky

Edit #2: Cryptic confirm it is a ground ability

I don't think the pubbies have quite figured out yet that EPtP is basically Cryptic's way of giving the middle finger to all their anti-disco whining. I suspect once the summer event starts, the forums will blow up much in the same way they did last year. If we're lucky, we might actually catch Klytemnestra back on Risa for some well-deserved R&R.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrayonis
Jul 6, 2008

Godspeed, brave canary

DonDoodles posted:

I don't think the pubbies have quite figured out yet that EPtP is basically Cryptic's way of giving the middle finger to all their anti-disco whining. I suspect once the summer event starts, the forums will blow up much in the same way they did last year. If we're lucky, we might actually catch Klytemnestra back on Risa for some well-deserved R&R.
He still owes us that second video with even more insane death threats from his creepy Second Life avatar with the voice modulator. :colbert:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

It involves disco balls. :ssh: The whining will be hilarious.

revtoiletduck posted:

Was it a lot of effort to get the corvette?
It's a bit of a grind, but if you were doing it one character it wasn't a big deal. Five or ten minutes a day tops? Main trick was if you wanted them on alts too... even doing it on, say, a fed/klank/rom trio took it up to something like half an hour a day and doing the same quest over a hundred times. Having a massive discount for alts is so much more convenient.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Goat Pillager posted:

[Tell] DW-Suzanna@Darkwing-Suzanna: read this

[Tell] DW-Suzanna@Darkwing-Suzanna: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1128881

Seems she's having a forum meltdown finally, and has of course decided to report me for disco.

Thread closed. But not before:

inflammable posted:

Honey, no means no is about a lot more than just rape.

By the way, just came home from visiting with my terminally ill grandmother. This little "war" you and friends are waging on STO's radio stations, roleplayers, and whoever else you think it's your job to educate is hardly at the top of my list. Not even top 10, hence the fact I haven't ever posted on it until I was asked to. Hope you had fun posting to this topic from multiple accounts all day long, though.

All posts are Nabreeki, Nabreeki is all posts.

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3

Burning_Monk posted:

That was literally my favorite post in the entire thread.

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime
Even the pubbies unassociated with Dental are Nbreeki.

Acer Pilot
Feb 17, 2007
put the 'the' in therapist

:dukedog:

Since foundry reviews are apparently back can some kind goons please play and review the Bijor missions?

Press "j" to bring up the mission window.

The latest part is still stuck in review content so search for bijor - part 2 in "Foundry" -> "Review Content"

If you want to play part 1, go to "Foundry" -> "Browse All" and search for bijor - part 1.

You need to be on a Fed (sorry)

e: You might need to check the thing that says become a reviewer.

Thanks goons.

Acer Pilot fucked around with this message at 02:08 on May 30, 2014

Goat Pillager
Mar 1, 2013

Burning_Monk posted:

All posts are Nabreeki, Nabreeki is all posts.

That woman is completely insane. Speaking of, trek radio seems to now have Voxeyn as a DJ for anyone unfortunate enough to remember that lunatic.

Goat Pillager fucked around with this message at 02:38 on May 30, 2014

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
I wonder though. I did the summer event for the corvette last year on all three characters, does that mean I'll get that discount for the cruiser this year on all of them?

DonDoodles
Aug 18, 2010

by general anime

Goat Pillager posted:

That woman is completely insane. Speaking of, trek radio seems to now have Voexyn as a DJ for anyone unfortunate enough to remember that lunatic.

That's no surprise. Voxeyn is all over the Trek Radio channel. *smiles* *giggles*

Logic Probed
Feb 26, 2011

Having a normal one since 2016

I wonder if the discount will automatically occur if characters already got the corvette from last year. Probably not, but I want to hope. I'm still getting the cruiser for my Klank though.

That said, I'm actually glad they're expanding on the holiday. Of course, that'll mean I'll have to grind favors to get everything I want, but no rush.

Lorak
Apr 7, 2009

Well, there goes the Hall of Fame...

Logic Probed posted:

I wonder if the discount will automatically occur if characters already got the corvette from last year. Probably not, but I want to hope. I'm still getting the cruiser for my Klank though.

That said, I'm actually glad they're expanding on the holiday. Of course, that'll mean I'll have to grind favors to get everything I want, but no rush.
You should've gotten a fly-by telling you about a month ago, but yes, it does.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

But will we be getting a bridge with palm trees and a hot tub.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Is there something interesting I can do with prisoners as a Klangon? Since I finally got out into fed space and started raiding I'm fairly swimming in them. I haven't found anything other than sell them or wait for the occasional sell to Orions doff mission which doesn't really come up enough.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Doctor Zero posted:

Is there something interesting I can do with prisoners as a Klangon? Since I finally got out into fed space and started raiding I'm fairly swimming in them. I haven't found anything other than sell them or wait for the occasional sell to Orions doff mission which doesn't really come up enough.

Turn them in at the guy you turn contra in to.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Also, in case anyone hasn't given it a go yet, shuttle fleet alert is amazingly fun and profitable. All of five or six minutes, 118 marks of any type (plus the daily bonus where applicable), and no cooldown afterwards. It's crazy fast mark farming.

Also, be sure to throw a torpedo (preferably the gravimetric, but most work) with 3x projectile weapon doffs and kinetic shearing. It'll be a way larger percentage of your damage on a shuttle, and the difference in killing power is noticeable.

wdarkk posted:

There's also military missions in Eta Eridani and one or two other contested zones that let you turn in 5 prisoners for 500 dil with way higher success rates too. But yeah, they're basically a bonus dilithium source and don't feel bad about shoving some out the airlock if you're too lazy to turn them in.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Asimo posted:

There's also military missions in Eta Eridani and one or two other contested zones that let you turn in 5 prisoners for 500 dil with way higher success rates too. But yeah, they're basically a bonus dilithium source and don't feel bad about shoving some out the airlock if you're too lazy to turn them in.

It's four prisoners, so they're a really great value, the problem is they're not always up and they take 8 hours.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Aleth posted:

Best bit:

I need to go see if the forums have burst into flame yet.

Edit: one to watch: clicky

Edit #2: Cryptic confirm it is a ground ability

Just gonna leave this here regarding the upcoming Risa stuff. http://wiki.wesleyguide.com/goon_guides/leaks

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

wdarkk posted:

It's four prisoners, so they're a really great value, the problem is they're not always up and they take 8 hours.

Yeah just fill those when you're out marauding (they're in pi canis, regulus and eta eridani which are all good marauding sectors) dump and leftovers into any open colonization fleet projects for extra fleet credit.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
I wonder if the risian cruiser will get the cruiser command stuff. It'll be the first ship available to the roms to have it I think.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

JuffoWup posted:

I wonder if the risian cruiser will get the cruiser command stuff. It'll be the first ship available to the roms to have it I think.

Other than every lockbox cruiser.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

I'd like to send the new picture requests to our friend either Friday or Saturday. I'm requesting 6 image sets, one of which I already posted yesterday, one I'm reserving for myself and this one:

That leaves three signs. If any of you have anything you like to see on a sign held by a man in a dress, now's your chance...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
THIS IS KURLAND would be pretty good.

Possibly also something referencing Bonny-Kin. This game has some dumb loving voice work.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Korgan posted:

Just gonna leave this here regarding the upcoming Risa stuff. http://wiki.wesleyguide.com/goon_guides/leaks

:siren:Butts confirmed as an official questgiver NPC repeat Butts confirmed as an official questgiver NPC:siren:

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

IPCRESS posted:

:siren:Butts confirmed as an official questgiver NPC repeat Butts confirmed as an official questgiver NPC:siren:

Wow dude. This is happening!

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Which sector is best to park my marauding doff alts in for lazy contraband raiding?

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Beta Ursae is usually pretty good and has quick access to DS9 & mining facilities.

Rotation Confusion
Jul 13, 2012

It's harder than it looks

Asimo posted:

Also, be sure to throw a torpedo (preferably the gravimetric, but most work) with 3x projectile weapon doffs and kinetic shearing. It'll be a way larger percentage of your damage on a shuttle, and the difference in killing power is noticeable.

I'll try that tonight, this morning I was using 2x DBBs and BFAW was pretty hilarious for 3 seconds before i died from aggro. Every single time.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Lagomorphic posted:

Yeah just fill those when you're out marauding (they're in pi canis, regulus and eta eridani which are all good marauding sectors) dump and leftovers into any open colonization fleet projects for extra fleet credit.

:doh: fleet turn ins.

wdarkk posted:

Huh. I dunno why I thought that was fed only.

Thanks goons.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Tachyokinetic console is finally down to 140 lobi but on the other hand nowadays there's a decent amount of +turn in this game in other ways. I'm split.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Tachyo hasn't really been relevant for a while now. It's nice to have if you're swimming in lobi and literally have nothing better to work towards, I guess

Pioneer42
Jun 8, 2010
Are there any other lobi space consoles worth getting besides tachyokinetic that are not going to take the place of a rep or fleet console that is more useful?

the Pixies fukken SUCKED
Jul 16, 2003

Figure 2 in a series of 3
Also is it Bind on Account or Bind on Character? If it was BoA I'd buy it (I have a nice sum from the lobi event) but if it was BoC I probably wouldn't.

LordCo
Jun 25, 2005

Sir Coq of Nandos posted:

THIS IS KURLAND would be pretty good.

Possibly also something referencing Bonny-Kin. This game has some dumb loving voice work.

The Kurland one is perfect. Two spots left...

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

300 Earth Dollars posted:

I'll try that tonight, this morning I was using 2x DBBs and BFAW was pretty hilarious for 3 seconds before i died from aggro. Every single time.

I went with the Dyson Weapon three piece and it's pretty drat good. The cannon is fun and deals decent damage, the torp is without a doubt the best thing you can use and the console is a nice buff to the torp. Set bonuses give you a little more survivability. I thought about going FAW but decided on HYT and I've been crushing ships left and right with it.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Melchior posted:

Also is it Bind on Account or Bind on Character? If it was BoA I'd buy it (I have a nice sum from the lobi event) but if it was BoC I probably wouldn't.

Tachy is BoC.

Kosmicka Ljubav
Nov 6, 2013
Elachi subspace torpedo, is it worth using, does TS & TH affects it ?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

I was drunk and bought one of those wrist lances so I could roleplay as Mega-Man. It was a lot of fun at first but in the cold realization of sobriety I am now just left with a hollow heart full of antiproton flames. I think Ill just stick to splurging on ship stuff.

Still a pretty cool/good AoE though.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Kosmicka Ljubav posted:

Elachi subspace torpedo, is it worth using, does TS & TH affects it ?
It's kinda meh... damage is fine, but the proc isn't too exciting; it really needs to be a higher chance. Worse torpedoes around though, yeah. And it works with Spread and HYT; the HYT version is a big destructible projectile like plasma torps.

Berke Negri posted:

I was drunk and bought one of those wrist lances so I could roleplay as Mega-Man. It was a lot of fun at first but in the cold realization of sobriety I am now just left with a hollow heart full of antiproton flames. I think Ill just stick to splurging on ship stuff.

Still a pretty cool/good AoE though.
Honestly, the ground gear tends to be a lot better buy than the space lobi gear. You can get costume unlocks from the armor, and the weapons are all pretty good and have unique gimmicks. And you can just toss them on a bridge officer if you have regrets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Asimo posted:

It's kinda meh... damage is fine, but the proc isn't too exciting; it really needs to be a higher chance. Worse torpedoes around though, yeah. And it works with Spread and HYT; the HYT version is a big destructible projectile like plasma torps.

Honestly, the ground gear tends to be a lot better buy than the space lobi gear. You can get costume unlocks from the armor, and the weapons are all pretty good and have unique gimmicks. And you can just toss them on a bridge officer if you have regrets.
Do the upgraded solanae suits in the lobi store unlock tailor outfits? I like the look but theyre not great armor to actually wear.

edit: Flying shuttles for like four hours straight last night makes me really wish Cryptic would put a little more thought into shuttle gameplay. There's a really great mediocre dogfighting game mode buried in there. Its a fun gimmick currently but I think it could be an actual thing with some effort put into it.

Berke Negri fucked around with this message at 18:25 on May 30, 2014

• Locked thread