Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Yeah I checked and the new scans are just kinda mediocre and stop right after Mista's introduction :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The anime will probably be out before we get good Part 5 scans.

Vilemoon
Jan 4, 2013

Unsound Of Mind.

Beef Waifu posted:

The anime will probably be out before we get good Part 5 scans.

Is it that loving hard to scan the pages? Like.. at this point im tempted to import a physical copy and scan it myself. I suppose the hard part would be translation though, as ive heard the part 5 translation is awful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
There actually exist good scans of Part 5, I used to have them like four years or so ago, but my old comp I had them on died. It's actually how I figured out the translation was bad was through those scans. I don't know if they still exist or not, but I wouldn't count on it.

victorisham
Oct 9, 2009

Quelaag, my dear sister... Please do not cry.
I am happy, really. I have you, don't I?

Vilemoon posted:

Is it that loving hard to scan the pages? Like.. at this point im tempted to import a physical copy and scan it myself. I suppose the hard part would be translation though, as ive heard the part 5 translation is awful.

I think the main issue for part 5 was the translation, which I imagine would be the hardest part.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
In the anime, I'm actually secretly hoping that the orphan girl winds up becoming a stand user and the plot diverges suddenly from the core series. :o:

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Spacedad posted:

In the anime, I'm actually secretly hoping that the orphan girl winds up becoming a stand user and the plot diverges suddenly from the core series. :o:

She could happen to own a grumpy looking dog.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
It's kind of weird how the young characters in Parts I - III for the most part (aside from that one time Poco opened a door) don't really do anything. Then in parts IV and VI, they become instrumental to defeating the main villain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The main issue with the Part 5 retranslation is that the person in charge has terrible carpal tunnel now and can only work for a couple hours at a time.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Spacedad posted:

Didn't they say they might do something with Hol Horse becoming an ally?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That was a baseless rumor and that idea is terrible, Spacedad.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Considering that Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency were directly adapted, I can't imagine Stardust Crusaders will have any major changes.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Broseph Brostar posted:

Every part 3 villain is killed or presumably killed offscreen. After Polnareff and Kakyoin, they only ran into buttholes that weren't worth saving.
To this comment in the Anime thread here are what happened to all Part 3 Villains in order.

Grey Fly: Died
Fake Captain: Drowned
Forever: Ether died from the beating or his ship collapsing
Devo: Died
Rubber Soul: Unknown may have died from beating or just badly beaten
Hol Horse: Alive sent to hospital
J. Geil: Died
Nena: Died
ZZ: Alive and had his passport stolen
Enya: Spared by the group but died to Steely Dan
Steely Dan: Unknown probably dead however.
Arabia Fats: Alive with a knock on the head.
Mannish Boy: Alive but forced to eat poo poo.
Cameo: Alive but comically burnt.
Midler: Alive but had her teeth knocked out.
N'Doul: Killed himself.
Oingo: Alive sent to hospital
Boingo: Alive sent to hospital
Chaka: Alive
Khan: Alive
Mariah: Alive sent to hospital
Alessei: Alive sent to hospital
Daniel J. D'Arby: Alive had a breakdown
Petshop: Dead head exploded
Terence T. D'Arby: Unknown he was punched into a wall.
Kenny G.: Dead killed by Iggy
Vanilla Ice: Dead sunned
Nukesaku: Dead killed by Dio
DIO: Dead sunned

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jun 1, 2014

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
You forgot Anubis being forever lost in the sea.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I guess I was wrong, I thought most of them were ambiguously left for dead with pretty bad injuries, but it does actually say that some of them were hospitalized. I wonder if Shonen Jump made him cut down on the deaths in the manga.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
Wait Iggy killed Kenny G? I thought he just knocked him out or something.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

OK seriously for the last time Joseph isn't racist. He just hates things that are different from what he's used to, like sleeping on the floor.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

The moment Jotaro was born he became a racist grandpa, as is the fate of all grandpas. Not that it's too surprising for a man who chummed it up with a Nazi war criminal anyway.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

MonsterEnvy posted:

Mannish Boy: Alive but forced to eat poo poo.

Truly a fate worse than death.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Truly a fate worse than death.

it's gonna be so weird seeing this scene animated. not particularly looking forward to it.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

This sounds like a GBS post in a thread about India.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Just replace curry eating with gangraping and streetpooping.

Why is he hating on curry, that stuff is delicious?

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Broseph Brostar posted:

Just replace curry eating with gangraping and streetpooping.

Why is he hating on curry, that stuff is delicious?

The good old-fashioned homestyle British cooking Grandma Erina did, OR the good old fashioned home style Italian cooking Suzie Q does have no resemblance to the curry-eating ways of the Indian people.

You will never convince me that Joseph Joestar knows how to cook for himself.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

The Vosgian Beast posted:

He did make that baby food for Mannish Boy that Polnareff loved.

...though he was probably bullshitting his way through that recipe.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Vosgian Beast posted:

The good old-fashioned homestyle British cooking Grandma Erina did, OR the good old fashioned home style Italian cooking Suzie Q does have no resemblance to the curry-eating ways of the Indian people.

Boy is his face gonna be red when he finds out curry as we know it is a british invention.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
I feel like a lot of those "left alive" might not have lasted long. Bleeding heavily and unconscious or strapped to a rock in the desert probably isn't a great way to live.

Who am I kidding, it's Jojo, those guys all made it to civilization, swore revenge, then got sidetracked and started fighting dogs or randomly mutilating innocents or doing small town murder hijinks

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

LvK posted:

I feel like a lot of those "left alive" might not have lasted long. Bleeding heavily and unconscious or strapped to a rock in the desert probably isn't a great way to live.

Who am I kidding, it's Jojo, those guys all made it to civilization, swore revenge, then got sidetracked and started fighting dogs or randomly mutilating innocents or doing small town murder hijinks

That's exactly why I thought most of them died. They left ZZ chained up to a rock in the middle of a desert, there's no way he would survive that.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Broseph Brostar posted:

That's exactly why I thought most of them died. They left ZZ chained up to a rock in the middle of a desert, there's no way he would survive that.

Who decided to do that to him anyway, Joseph? I can't remember whose idea it was to tie him up like that but I'm hoping it was Joseph since he already had that idea with Donovan.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
ZZ achieved illumination thanks to his sacred training techniques and lived out the rest of his days as a great guru. :colbert:

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms

Star Platinum posted:

ZZ achieved illumination thanks to his sacred training techniques and lived out the rest of his days as a great guru. :colbert:

Well, getting a case of debilitating sunstroke from being stuck in a desert too long IS the traditional manner of achieving enlightenment.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
They did take his passport so he could not follow them so I guess they figured he would escape.

LvK posted:

Most of them were sent to hospital and those that were left alive outside of a Town tended to get off with lighter injuries. Cameo was lightly burnt for example and Midler just lost her Teeth.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Jun 1, 2014

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Jorge Joestar facts, apparently

quote:

Stands are named after films and television series instead of songs and bands.

The universe was reset 36 times. Cars became an immortal being in all of them, so he lived through the resets, meaning there are 36 Cars hanging out on Mars. Apparently they are the 36 souls of sinners in Dio’s plan to go to Heaven.

Part 3’s Dio Brando was a fake Dio.

Rohan survived the universal reset by being so concentrated on his manga work that he didn’t even notice Made in Heaven’s effect, somehow making him immune to it.

The area of Morioh breaks off from the mainland and sprouts legs.

Part 1 Dio becomes the ultimate lifeform. The Holy Corpse is actually his corpse, and he has a Stand that looks like Jesus called the Passion.

Johnathan comes back to life and fuses with the Holy Corpse.

Killer Queen abandons Kira and joins up with Cars. Cars uses Bites the Dust to explode poo poo until he’s far back enough in time that he’s at a universe where there only was one reset, the Steel Ball Run universe.

Funny Valentine has a son named Funnier Valentine, who in turn has a son called The Funniest Valentine.

:magical:

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Pomp posted:

Huh??

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Remember that Jorge Joestar is basically authorized fanfiction.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Remember that Jorge Joestar is basically authorized fanfiction.

This is all canon in my heart.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

I like the one with Rohan, all the other ones just seem really, really dumb.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Pomp posted:

I unironically want to read this now, since this sounds like the funniest poo poo ever.

Edit: Speaking of side novels, is Purple Haze Feedback any good?

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011
Funny/Funnier/Funniest Valentine is the best thing ever. :lol:

e: ahaha what the gently caress I didn't even catch the bit about Morioh breaking off from the mainland and sprouting legs, I need to read this loving book

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Neo_Crimson posted:

I unironically want to read this now, since this sounds like the funniest poo poo ever.

Edit: Speaking of side novels, is Purple Haze Feedback any good?

I liked Purple Haze Feedback; it has some good fights involving some suitably bizarre new Stands, and I got a better sense of the personalities of the Venteo Aureo characters than I did from the existing translations of Venteo Aureo. There's also a sense that the author really knows things about Italy (as opposed to Araki himself, who sometimes seems to idealize it). The "drugs are bad, mmmkay" thing was a bit overdone, and Giorno (though a relatively minor character in the novel) comes across as slightly Mary Sueish, but I still definitely recommend it.

The other translated side novel is Over Heaven, which is Dio's diary. It's a character piece rather than a fighting-oriented story. It does a pretty good job of making sense of Dio's somewhat inconsistent canon characterization, but a lot of it is essentially rehashing the events of Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders. I wouldn't call it bad, but people who like the manga won't necessarily like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Silver2195 posted:

I liked Purple Haze Feedback; it has some good fights involving some suitably bizarre new Stands, and I got a better sense of the personalities of the Venteo Aureo characters than I did from the existing translations of Venteo Aureo. There's also a sense that the author really knows things about Italy (as opposed to Araki himself, who sometimes seems to idealize it). The "drugs are bad, mmmkay" thing was a bit overdone, and Giorno (though a relatively minor character in the novel) comes across as slightly Mary Sueish, but I still definitely recommend it.

The other translated side novel is Over Heaven, which is Dio's diary. It's a character piece rather than a fighting-oriented story. It does a pretty good job of making sense of Dio's somewhat inconsistent canon characterization, but a lot of it is essentially rehashing the events of Phantom Blood and Stardust Crusaders. I wouldn't call it bad, but people who like the manga won't necessarily like it.

Doesn't Over Heaven try to characterize Dio as more of a tragic figure who, among other weird things, actually liked his dad?

• Locked thread