Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Plasbad posted:

That item is exactly the reason I'm planning on using a Shedinja on my Rotation team. Along with Tyranitar, MegaGarchomp, and Togekiss, they cover each others weaknesses nicely which is a plus in Rotations.

With a team like that, I'd be very worried about how spammable Will-O-Wisp is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akula Raskolnikova
May 12, 2013
Boom, caught a shiny Onix today. I had just restarted my game on Y because I wanted to replay it before the next games came out, and stumbled on a shiny Onix in glittering cave right before you meet the first Team Flare grunt. Gold Steelix, here I come.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

With a team like that, I'd be very worried about how spammable Will-O-Wisp is.

Oh yeah, I thought of that, so Togekiss was going to have Safeguard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Personally, I like Misty Terrain over Safeguard if only because it's hilarious to fuckup someones Rest/Sleeptalk set.

Plasbad
Oct 2, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

Personally, I like Misty Terrain over Safeguard if only because it's hilarious to fuckup someones Rest/Sleeptalk set.

Oh, that's a good idea! Except it might not play well with MegaGarchomp, what with halving Dragon damage and all. Still, I'll consider it!

EDIT: Also, since I'll probably want to throw my own Will-o-Wisps around with Shedinja, I might stick with Safeguard.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Plasbad posted:

Oh, that's a good idea! Except it might not play well with MegaGarchomp, what with halving Dragon damage and all. Still, I'll consider it!

EDIT: Also, since I'll probably want to throw my own Will-o-Wisps around with Shedinja, I might stick with Safeguard.

Safeguard would definitely be the better option in that case.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Was yesterday international charmander wondertrade day? I received 5 of the little guys. Some had very nice egg moves. :) More interestingly I received a Torterra with decent moveset. :) Time to breed turtwigs.

Tardigrade
Jul 13, 2012

Half arthropod, half marshmallow, all cute.
According to serebii, Nintendo registered a copyright on the name Delta Emerald. This is also apparently not indicative of anything, as they had also previously registered Water Blue and Grey as names, just in case.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

So I've just completed the national dex in Y, and now there are crowns next to the national dex listing and the Central Kalos dex listing. From my understanding, The Central dex was filled out solely with Pokemon originating from the X and Y games, and the other dexes have been filled with Pokemon that have been transferred using the Poketransfer.

My question is that is it still possible to get crowns for the Coastal and Mountain dexes if I somehow obtained XY Pokemon that are still needed?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Jeez, started up wonder trade for the first time in a long time and after 6-7 goes I'm looking at three starters. I remember these being a little more rare than that.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Tardigrade posted:

According to serebii, Nintendo registered a copyright on the name Delta Emerald. This is also apparently not indicative of anything, as they had also previously registered Water Blue and Grey as names, just in case.

I don't know, I wouldn't put making an enhanced remake of an enhanced remake past Gamefreak and their eternal hunger for the contents of your wallet.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Geostomp posted:

I don't know, I wouldn't put making an enhanced remake of an enhanced remake past Gamefreak and their eternal hunger for the contents of your wallet.

Yeah they totally made Thunder Yellow and Mind Crystal! Nah they probably won't make a Delta Emerald and it's just a safety copyright to get just in the 1/10000000000 chance they want to.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah they totally made Thunder Yellow

They should have.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone else.
So I traded with a random passerby my level 100 Ho-Oh for their Level 10 Celebi. Except when I try and trade Celebi on the GTS it won't let me since it's a "special Pokemon." What's up?

Diet Poison
Jan 20, 2008

LICK MY ASS

LemonLimeTime posted:

So I traded with a random passerby my level 100 Ho-Oh for their Level 10 Celebi. Except when I try and trade Celebi on the GTS it won't let me since it's a "special Pokemon." What's up?

You can trade event pokemon, but not over GTS. It is some serious bullshit.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Line Feed posted:

They should have.

It's not too late, you know. I'd buy a Yellow remake in X/Y's engine day one.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yeah they totally made Thunder Yellow and Mind Crystal!

I was actually thinking the other day that it would be dope if they made Gen 6 remakes of Yellow and Crystal, and had them reversed, in that you would start and finish the game in each corresponding game's respective regions. I'm just not sure how they would work in the unique starter Pokemon mechanic.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Yellow gets Pikachu, Crystal gets Wooper.

Friendly Factory
Apr 19, 2007

I can't stand the wailing of women
Don't know if this was posted before but it's awesome enough to post twice. It's some guy's version of the Ruby/Sapphire gym leader theme done in X/Y style:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDfbtYOtNAU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Friendly Factory posted:

Don't know if this was posted before but it's awesome enough to post twice. It's some guy's version of the Ruby/Sapphire gym leader theme done in X/Y style:

Sounds nice, especially since the dreaded trumpets were removed.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

Diet Poison posted:

You can trade event pokemon, but not over GTS. It is some serious bullshit.

Welp, in that case.

Does anyone want a Level 10 Celebi? I'm hankering for these legendaries right now to complete my Dex:

Mew (good luck, right?)
Jirachi
Deoxys
Shaymin
Genesect
Darkrai
Keldeo
Meloetta
Arceus
Victini
Phione
Manaphy

Numbahs are: 4570-8569-2043

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

LemonLimeTime posted:

Welp, in that case.

Does anyone want a Level 10 Celebi? I'm hankering for these legendaries right now to complete my Dex:

Mew (good luck, right?)
Jirachi
Deoxys
Shaymin
Genesect
Darkrai
Keldeo
Meloetta
Arceus
Victini
Phione
Manaphy

I'll not be much help with any of the rest, but I can get you a Phione for free. (Though, if you have one of the blanks in my living dex, that'd be pretty cool.) Just let me stick my Manaphy in the Daycare. e: Okay, it's hatched. Ready for you whenever.
P.S. You might want to consider cross posting in the Trading Thread.

FC is 1263-6844-1789

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 19:30 on May 30, 2014

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

LemonLimeTime posted:

Welp, in that case.

Mew (good luck, right?)
Jirachi
Deoxys
Shaymin
Genesect
Darkrai
Keldeo
Meloetta
Arceus
Victini
Phione
Manaphy

I can pass you a spare Phione if you give me a little bit to breed one up; they have such a long egg cycle even with the level 3 hatching power. Just pass me anything in return.

If you just want the dex entries rather than keeping the legendaries I can also lend all the others to you.

FC: 2809-9094-8418
IGN: Black

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Friendly Factory posted:

Needs more trumpets.

LemonLimeTime
May 30, 2011

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you just want the dex entries rather than keeping the legendaries I can also lend all the others to you.

Yeah, that would be amazing. I would give them right back, I have no need for any of them, just filling my Dex.

Blaziken, lemme know when you might be online next. I can trade anytime today and it's 3:15pm here. (I can't PM you it seems)

LemonLimeTime fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 30, 2014

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

LemonLimeTime posted:

Yeah, that would be amazing. I would give them right back, I have no need for any of them, just filling my Dex.

Blaziken, lemme know when you might be online next. I can trade anytime today and it's 3:15pm here. (I can't PM you it seems)

I'm on for the next few minutes or so.

e: Okay, gotta go. Be back in a couple hours or so.
e2: Woo! Thanks for the Tyrannitar! I was expecting something like a trubbish, so thanks! It's a relief to not have to train up a larvitar or something.

Blaziken386 fucked around with this message at 01:20 on May 31, 2014

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort
Did somebody say "Pokemon RSE covers without any trumpets?"

No? Too bad :v: Earlier today I finished a short arrangement of the Route 110 theme for a piano and three violins. "Hoenn Piano Trio No. 110 in G Major"

I was considering adding a single trumpet right at the end of it, but thought better of it.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Just have a few seconds of silence at the end, followed by one upbeat little toot.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3
So I caught a Modest Xerneas with the following stats: 201/128/102/166/118/119.

Question is should I keep it, or go for 5IVs? (it's Hidden Power is Ice btw.)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Do you know how low the odds are that you'll get a 5IV xerneas?

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

So I caught a Modest Xerneas with the following stats: 201/128/102/166/118/119.

Question is should I keep it, or go for 5IVs? (it's Hidden Power is Ice btw.)

So your IV's should be 30-31/14-15/4/31/31/31 There's a couple spreads that would give you HP ice in there if your HP is a 31 then your Att will be 14, if it is 30 your Att will be 15. Not terrible stats, but that low of a defense is fairly undesirable competitively. It doesn't need to be a 31, but being a 4 might get you killed more easily. The only thing I found with a some quick calcs was Aegislash with an Unboosted Iron Head gets a range of 97-113% damage, whereas with a 31 Def it has a range of like 87-100% damage against Xerneas. so a 75% chance for a OHKO versus a 6% chance. Not really a big deal since not many Aegislash use Iron Head. You should be fine. Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch is a similar Scenario of a better chance of a OHKO, but not a guaranteed one. Finding a 5IV Xerneas is an exercise in frustration.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Soft resetting for much more than maybe a good nature on a cover legendary is kind of pointless. Also, anyone who uses one in battle in cart play is a nerd.

JesusLovesRonwell
Aug 12, 2004

I want to touch my Rosalina-sama all over~

<3<3<3

PSWII60 posted:

So your IV's should be 30-31/14-15/4/31/31/31 There's a couple spreads that would give you HP ice in there if your HP is a 31 then your Att will be 14, if it is 30 your Att will be 15. Not terrible stats, but that low of a defense is fairly undesirable competitively. It doesn't need to be a 31, but being a 4 might get you killed more easily. The only thing I found with a some quick calcs was Aegislash with an Unboosted Iron Head gets a range of 97-113% damage, whereas with a 31 Def it has a range of like 87-100% damage against Xerneas. so a 75% chance for a OHKO versus a 6% chance. Not really a big deal since not many Aegislash use Iron Head. You should be fine. Banded Scizor's Bullet Punch is a similar Scenario of a better chance of a OHKO, but not a guaranteed one. Finding a 5IV Xerneas is an exercise in frustration.

So should I go for a different spread? Maybe look for a 31 Def. instead of 31 Sp. Def? Based off what I've read I want at least 31IVs in HP/Sp. Atk/Speed, everything else is gravy.

Based on what I've found online it looks like I got 31/Not 31/Not 31/31/31/31 Modest. So based on my extremely limited knowledge, I caught a 4IV Xerneas. Moreover, looking at some of the Smogon forums, it seems like the consensus is that the best setup for Xerneas is the Sp. Atk. focused Geomancy Xerneas with Power Herb. Is this more or less accurate? (If I'm loving up please let me know and spit that knowledge at me.)

Ignite Memories posted:

Do you know how low the odds are that you'll get a 5IV xerneas?

Isn't it like 1/350ish? That's what I've read. Getting a 6IV is like 1/65000ish.

Blhue posted:

Soft resetting for much more than maybe a good nature on a cover legendary is kind of pointless. Also, anyone who uses one in battle in cart play is a nerd.

I don't understand :( I'm new to competitive Pokemon. Battle in cart play? And I don't mind soft resetting for a while to get a nicely set up box legend. Lol, I've been at Xerneas for like a week already, and just play here and there hoping to fight a good one. So there's no rush really.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I mean, using them on an actual cartridge rather than using it on a simulator like Showdown (where everything has perfect IVs usually). For competitive battles, the cover legendaries of the current generation are usually banned, so really all you have to use that Xerneas against are battles against random people online or against NPCs.

PSWII60
Jan 7, 2007

All the best octopodes shoot fire and ice.

JesusLovesRonwell posted:

So should I go for a different spread? Maybe look for a 31 Def. instead of 31 Sp. Def? Based off what I've read I want at least 31IVs in HP/Sp. Atk/Speed, everything else is gravy.

Based on what I've found online it looks like I got 31/Not 31/Not 31/31/31/31 Modest. So based on my extremely limited knowledge, I caught a 4IV Xerneas. Moreover, looking at some of the Smogon forums, it seems like the consensus is that the best setup for Xerneas is the Sp. Atk. focused Geomancy Xerneas with Power Herb. Is this more or less accurate? (If I'm loving up please let me know and spit that knowledge at me.)

Yeah, that's pretty spot on. Geomancey Power Herb is pretty much the main reason to use Xerneas. For singles yeah, you have as good of IVs that you may realistically find for a Legendary. If you try to Geomancy against a few pokemon they will 1 or 2HKO you regardless and your defence won't really matter. Specifically Banded Scizor, Banded Talonflame, Mega Lucario, Mega Mawile, and a few others I may be missing. Essentially just understand what you're setting up against and you'll be fine.

To give an example Talonflame's Banded Brave Bird is a 2HKO regardless of your defence IV. If you are both starting from a neutral position, you can set up your Geomancy and it'll Brave Bird you for 60 something percent damage. Now you're faster but it still has priority, so you're boned and forced to switch or lose Xerneas.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Someone randomly traded me a lvl 100 shiny Litleo named Mr. Pyro.

I looked at its character screen and it said it needed a negative amount of exp to level up. I figured it was a hack so I quickly randomly traded it away hoping it wouldn't corrupt any of my data. It's a shame because it's one of the better looking shinys I've seen.

So was it a hack or did the negative number mean I could have evolved it even though it was lvl 100?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Of course it was a hack.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
So they're making progress with the x/y hacks.

Anyway, I deposited a freshly caught Gravy the Graveler on the gts for another graveler. Just checked an was traded a very nice Graveler (now Golem) with Pokerus. My very first Pokerus Pokemon. :allears:

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
I hope GF release another patch to improve hack detection and stop people trading obviously not-legit stuff like that. I would be annoyed if I got something like that through wonder trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Still attempting to breed a shiny Phione. It's not going too well.

Switching gears a bit, I picked up a used copy of Explorers of Sky at Gamestop a while back and now I'm kicking myself for not getting this sooner. This game is incredible. The only real complaints I have about it are that infinite TM use from Gates to Infinity spoiled me, and not being able to deposit Used TMs in storage is extremely inconvenient, especially when you're at a part of the game where the guild is unavailable and neither my partner nor I can learn Recycle.

Also having a limit on the number of items you can store is annoying for the same reason, as well as team members not being able to evolve yet (I can understand not letting the main character/partner evolve but the others too?).

Still the story seems a lot more interesting than Gates to Infinity and there seems to be loads more storyline stuff too, which is nice (though it can be annoying when stuck in places without access to the Guild/storage). The special episodes are pretty amazing too! Always fun to see I've unlocked a new one.

• Locked thread