Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

I said come in! posted:

It's always really stupid when there isn't cross region play.

It really is. And im sure someone will come crashing in here to be all "but you'd lag on the US!" but thats not their problem to complain about. I'd have more fun playing with people i know and lag then i would playing solo with pubbies. Hopefully the EU goons wont loose interest before i do in a month or three. ;)

Also thanks thread! Didn't know there was an authenticator! Gotten in on that, the silly bonus for doing so be damned 'tho i'll never say no to an eyepatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

jsr v2.0 posted:

Yep! I stupidly bought the EU version because it was cheaper.

How much money did you save?

jsr v2.0
Jun 26, 2004
japanese seisure robots

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

How much money did you save?

I ended up paying like $57 for the Deluxe. Not worth it, since now if I want to play, I'll end up spending like $110 total. Cool!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I wouldn't mind the server split so much if it didn't require so much VPN fuckery to get around. Just let me choose to buy the US version rather than forcing me to leap through silly amounts of hoops. :mad:

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

jsr v2.0 posted:

I ended up paying like $57 for the Deluxe. Not worth it, since now if I want to play, I'll end up spending like $110 total. Cool!

Don't forget to buy another deluxe edition, the gold you save by having a free eldan hoverboard can't be overstated.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
Oh yeah you get a free mount, hahahaha. Thank you, Green Man Gaming, for the essentially free Deluxe upgrade.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

All this talk has me paranoid now. I bought from NZ and paid US$75 for the Deluxe edition, do I have a US account? :ohdear:

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

I tried logging in earlier today after downloading the game (thought maybe I'd be able to mplay with the char editor or something :downs:) and got a message like "No NA region accounts detected, switching to EU". I thought, "whatever, I'll just switch back" but now I'm kind of worried...

e: tried logging in again and I got the same message in reverse. Crisis averted!

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
You can buy a hoverboard for 7k renown, which is literally one adventure, the deluxe really doesn't save you gold in the long run.

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Bloody Pom posted:

All this talk has me paranoid now. I bought from NZ and paid US$75 for the Deluxe edition, do I have a US account? :ohdear:

I'd think you should, but if you've already applied the code you can check in your transaction history. Mine shows up as "WS-US: Standard Pretail [DIG: Humble Bundle]" which is... interesting; I did buy a digital copy but it was from GMG. I assume an EU copy would be WS-EU.

If you haven't applied the code, check with where you bought it from, I guess?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Doublestep posted:

You can buy a hoverboard for 7k renown, which is literally one adventure, the deluxe really doesn't save you gold in the long run.

Yeah, well shut up!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Poultron posted:

Yeah, well shut up!

It's okay, the deluxe edition gets you the front/side/back flair pieces. Apparently you can remove them and put them on other boards I think? At least I remember reading that somewhere.

Sooooo.... 9 hours until launch, right? :f5:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

WarLocke posted:

It's okay, the deluxe edition gets you the front/side/back flair pieces. Apparently you can remove them and put them on other boards I think? At least I remember reading that somewhere.

Sooooo.... 9 hours until launch, right? :f5:

I got to check the board out in-game, and those bits occupy the flair slots of the gold board but aren't usable on other boards. So basically it's a very fancy hoverboard without customization but you get it for free.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So can somebody give me a post using relative time (like... 5 hours from now or something) on the headstart? I thought I converted to my timezone correctly but I guess i didnt. Gotta snag that name I want.

Woland
Nov 7, 2005

Double Monocle posted:

So can somebody give me a post using relative time (like... 5 hours from now or something) on the headstart? I thought I converted to my timezone correctly but I guess i didnt. Gotta snag that name I want.

http://watchwildstar.com/countdowns

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

So.. its started then?

Poultron
May 26, 2006

Double Monocle posted:

So.. its started then?

:stare:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

The pink CBT hoverboard is just given to us, right? Like, we have to level up to use it but it's free?

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Sorry Im hungover and probably missing some important poo poo.

But I go to that website and it shows headstart has started, I just tried to log on but all servers are down, so yeah.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Double Monocle posted:

Sorry Im hungover and probably missing some important poo poo.

But I go to that website and it shows headstart has started, I just tried to log on but all servers are down, so yeah.

Nnnnno it's not starting for a little over 7 hours from now.

Which is what that site is saying.

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Bauxite posted:

The pink CBT hoverboard is just given to us, right? Like, we have to level up to use it but it's free?

Yes, you get it in item claim just like the Highwayman's costume and deluxe items.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.

Kelp Plankton posted:

Nnnnno it's not starting for a little over 7 hours from now.

Which is what that site is saying.

Yeah its displaying all 0's on the time till headstart for me, but im in japan so its probably just done poorly and didnt do the time zones right.

Oh well.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I'm in the time zone they're using as the basis. As of posting this, it's 4:40 PM, which means 7 hours and 20 minutes after this post is when it starts. Hope this helps you guys calibrate your clocks.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Double Monocle posted:

Yeah its displaying all 0's on the time till headstart for me, but im in japan so its probably just done poorly and didnt do the time zones right.

Oh well.

That site is dumb and uses midnight according to your computer (changing your clock will change the countdown).

It's in 7 hours 19 minutes from this post.

Edit: Here is a big rear end clock for PDT. Midnight is the launch

Will Styles fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 31, 2014

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.

A Tartan Tory posted:

Chua Esper is going to be the best really, imagine a pint sized little pink gremlin with psychic powers and a complete lack of anything resembling morals.

I dunno man, a Chua Warrior throwing around a sword that's bigger than he is sounds pretty cool to me too.

Man, I wish I could play a Chua Warrior. Stupid Chua and their class limitations. Looks like I'll be starting off as engineer.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

I thought the end plan was to remove race restrictions on classes once the animation work was done?

Basically I want to be a silly rabbit person in a robot suit.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007
I was wondering if you could add our guild <LGBT Fabulous Unicorns> to the OP, we're rolling Pergo Exile.

We're mainly from FDY in WoW (a goon guild) and all our associated online friends who had a stick up their rear end about Exile superiority. As of now we're sitting at about 20-25 members.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

CLAMBO! posted:

I was wondering if you could add our guild <LGBT Fabulous Unicorns> to the OP, we're rolling Pergo Exile.

We're mainly from FDY in WoW (a goon guild) and all our associated online friends who had a stick up their rear end about Exile superiority. As of now we're sitting at about 20-25 members.

Oh neat, is Surprises or Prim or Sine playing?

Actually I have no idea if Sine is in FDY. Or Surprises. I think they are. I don't remember.

CLAMBO!
May 6, 2007
I'm in Mumble with Surprises right now. He wants to try the free trial thing, but isn't sure if he's coming over. Prim's way too ride-or-die gay for WOW to ever leave it, but we're trying to wittle her down.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

CLAMBO! posted:

I'm in Mumble with Surprises right now. He wants to try the free trial thing, but isn't sure if he's coming over. Prim's way too ride-or-die gay for WOW to ever leave it, but we're trying to wittle her down.

Huh. Yeah, she's always really liked WoW. Its a pretty good game, and I can see how people probably think WS is going to be yet another "WoW killer failed attempt." I personally don't think so, but eh.

Tell Surprises Imizael says hi. Don't tell Prim though, she'll probably froth at the mouth and attack you while screaming in tongues.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Tupper posted:

Huh. Yeah, she's always really liked WoW. Its a pretty good game, and I can see how people probably think WS is going to be yet another "WoW killer failed attempt." I personally don't think so, but eh.

Tell Surprises Imizael says hi. Don't tell Prim though, she'll probably froth at the mouth and attack you while screaming in tongues.

Hey buddy, buy me Wildstar :wink: I won't tell Prim.

Tupper
Sep 1, 2007

Fun will now commence.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Hey buddy, buy me Wildstar :wink: I won't tell Prim.

Pffffffffff get out. you're cute but not that cute. play the trial so i can murder you. :shobon:

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."

Tupper posted:

This is the first MMO since WoW that I've really enjoyed myself in (sorry every other MMO thread I've posted in), so corruption of WoW clingers on should be easy enough.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Should I buy this game?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Drinkfist posted:

Should I buy this game?

Nah

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
There's bound to be a shitload of trials floating around from people who preordered. Just give it a shot and decide.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
I wonder if FranBunnyXII is taken as a guild name.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Drinkfist posted:

Should I buy this game?

Don't do it. Game will be free to play in a week.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

Should I buy this game?

Considering how touchy everyone in the thread has been: Strong Yes. You'll have a field day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Six hours to go. :f5:

• Locked thread