Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Talk poo poo about a Lada all you want but take one for a spin. Hilariously funny. Ive never laughed so hard while driving a car at the sheer ridiculousness of it.

Edit: New Page Content

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 00:50 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

That is absolutely loving glorious.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

Wasabi the J posted:

So this is what love feels like?

Look what I spotted the other night.

Thunderchicken Prius?

It's actually a Fremont Brewery car.

MonkeyNutZ
Dec 26, 2008

"A cave isn't gonna cut it, we're going to have to use Beebo"

Kill-9
Aug 2, 2004

You've got the cutest little baby face...

VikingSkull posted:

Also, yes, dirt oval track racing is the best racing there is.

The nearest dirt track to me was closed down last year. I loved going and watching those races. So redneck and so much fun.

Like Texas World Speedway, it's being turned into more loving houses.

BoostCreep
May 3, 2004

Might I ask where you keep your forced induction accessories?
Grimey Drawer
It's not entirely car related, but it does use a car part and AI levels of crazy fabrication, so I'm posting this here. I've been watching these YouTube videos lately of this guy Colin Furze who is an incredible fabricator. He's made things like working Wolverine Claws. Talented dude.

Anyway, he decided he could make a functioning turbo powered jet engine out of a toilet roll holder and toilet brush holder without welding or using any tools other than a drill and angle grinder. It's pretty impressive and a fun watch.

Building:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InvF9e5kyjo

Testing:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EorMrpM6q9Q

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Colin Furze's creations are amazing, but the most entertaining thing about his videos has to be his raging enthusiasm.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
It's stupid, but I love that he actually documents quite how much even a brief cockup messes up his arm.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

Apologies for the crap picture, but this was pretty much the last thing I expected to see when I took the kids to the library today.

Studebaker Avanti, though it's obviously not entirely stock.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Dirt is for racing. Asphalt is for getting there.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Funzo posted:

Apologies for the crap picture, but this was pretty much the last thing I expected to see when I took the kids to the library today.

Studebaker Avanti, though it's obviously not entirely stock.

It's entirely hot as gently caress though.

shy boy from chess club
Jun 11, 2008

It wasnt that bad, after you left I got to help put out the fire!

Yea it is and the color is amazing.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rhyno posted:

It's entirely hot as gently caress though.

That explains why they couldn't fit into a single parking space, the steering wheel is on fire and it hurts to use.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Preoptopus posted:

Talk poo poo about a Lada all you want but take one for a spin. Hilariously funny. Ive never laughed so hard while driving a car at the sheer ridiculousness of it.
How so? I don't know a thing about them other than Jeremy Clarkson bouncing a hammer off one.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Sweet, he has a new project car

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Preoptopus posted:

It's a Polski or Polish Fiat, brosky.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

xzzy posted:

That explains why they couldn't fit into a single parking space, the steering wheel is on fire and it hurts to use.

If it's a real Studebaker-made Avanti, I kinda don't blame him... Those are rare as gently caress.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Pham Nuwen posted:

If it's a real Studebaker-made Avanti, I kinda don't blame him... Those are rare as gently caress.

Some of the attempts to resurrect it have been wretched. Like this Mustang-based nightmare:

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Awesome just due to the tire name.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Some of the attempts to resurrect it have been wretched. Like this Mustang-based nightmare:

Jesus, that really is bad. The front looks pretty decent, but hold your thumb over the front and, oh, poo poo, it's just a loving Mustang convertible and not even a good old one.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007
Cross-posting from Automotive Photography thread in Dorkroom, plus some bonus pictures they don't get:

Some guys pulled up to the restaurant I was having brunch at this morning in this. I talked to them for a few minutes and asked if I could take some pictures.

2013 Morgan 3-Wheeler

Bonus pictures:

Lotus Elite(?) I saw in Anacortes, WA on Saturday morning:

When you're driving a classy-as-gently caress Lotus and you see a guy taking pictures of you, it's ok to be smug:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

That guy is the definition of smugface.

What's up with the british/japanese flags on the side of that morgan? The engine is Italian...

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

It says "SUPER DRY JPN" on the side and they're some clothing manufacturer, so I'm guessing it's to advertise their store.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slavvy posted:

What's up with the british/japanese flags on the side of that morgan? The engine is Italian...

It's one of 200 limited edition 3 wheelers built between morgan and super dry, which is british pretending to be japanese pretending to be american. pretty much the worst thing ever. it's like tempura burger fried in fish fat.

The guy in that yellow lotus looks like that british smuggo mcdoucheface who asks politicians loaded questions and gets indignant when they don't bite.

Neptr
Mar 1, 2011

Kenshin posted:

Cross-posting from Automotive Photography thread in Dorkroom, plus some bonus pictures they don't get:

Some guys pulled up to the restaurant I was having brunch at this morning in this. I talked to them for a few minutes and asked if I could take some pictures.

2013 Morgan 3-Wheeler

Bonus pictures:

Lotus Elite(?) I saw in Anacortes, WA on Saturday morning:

When you're driving a classy-as-gently caress Lotus and you see a guy taking pictures of you, it's ok to be smug:

How can a 2013 vehicle not have an airbag? Or is there one inside that little metal disc that inflates to the size of an airline pillow, and the engineer reported "Airbag - check."?

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Neptr posted:

How can a 2013 vehicle not have an airbag? Or is there one inside that little metal disc that inflates to the size of an airline pillow, and the engineer reported "Airbag - check."?

I don't think an airbag's going to help you much in a Morgan. There are (as far as I know) separate regulations governing tri-wheel vehicles, too. The Morgan always was designed to circumvent some automotive regs.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

It's a motorcycle, so no airbags required.

Guinness
Sep 15, 2004

If a Morgan is classified as a motorcycle/trike, does it require a 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement to drive? At least in Washington, trikes require a separate endorsement from 2-wheel motorcycles - and both 2-wheel and 3-wheel endorsements are in addition to your regular old driver's license.

drzrma
Dec 29, 2008

anonumos posted:

I don't think an airbag's going to help you much in a Morgan. There are (as far as I know) separate regulations governing tri-wheel vehicles, too. The Morgan always was designed to circumvent some automotive regs.

I want to say almost anything that only has three wheels is considered a motorcycle unless you go to some effort otherwise, may vary state by state. May require a separate sidecar/trike endorsement in addition to the standard motorcycle endorsement, but given some of the people I see riding Can-Am and other trikes the test can't be that difficult.

I can't imagine Washington making an exception for the Morgan, it's functionally identical to the Can-Ams other than different packaging. Turns out that while WA DOL specifically calls out the Can-Am and Piaggio trikes as needing the sidecar/trike endorsement they make an exception if the seating area is enclosed, there are seatbelts, and the vehicle is controlled with a steering wheel. Must have all three.

drzrma fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Jun 2, 2014

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
Terrible picture cause it was dark, but I spotted this amazing thing at the grocery store tonight.

lazer_chicken fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Jun 2, 2014

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Powershift posted:

super dry, which is british pretending to be japanese pretending to be american. pretty much the worst thing ever.

Superdry is terrible poo poo.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Slavvy posted:

If by Italian you mean Wisconsin, then yes. Morgan uses S&S engines loosely based on the Harley evo.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

drzrma posted:

I want to say almost anything that only has three wheels is considered a motorcycle unless you go to some effort otherwise, may vary state by state. May require a separate sidecar/trike endorsement in addition to the standard motorcycle endorsement, but given some of the people I see riding Can-Am and other trikes the test can't be that difficult.

I can't imagine Washington making an exception for the Morgan, it's functionally identical to the Can-Ams other than different packaging.

Dunno about WA, but in CA you can operate it with a standard class C license. You still need to wear a helmet though because it is not enclosed.
And at 6'4" and fairly, uhm, wide, I'll never fit in one and it makes me really, really sad.

nm fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Jun 2, 2014

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

angryhampster posted:

If by Italian you mean Wisconsin, then yes. Morgan uses S&S engines loosely based on the Harley evo.

Huh. You're right, but there was a picture a while back of an almost-identical vehicle with a guzzi v-twin.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Kenshin posted:

2013 Morgan 3-Wheeler
I had a dream a few weeks back where I was driving something similar to a Morgan, except instead of the twin in front it had a rear internal W-triple with the heads sticking up through through the body. For some reason it didn't have any brakes which in my dream made it completely terrifying to drive. It likely would be in real life too even if it had brakes.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Why the hell is that Lotus on Welds and skinnies?

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

:mrgw:

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Pretty sure that's one of those Yakuza dudes rides from that one video. I kinda dig it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRIsHRHNU5k

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

MrYenko posted:

Why the hell is that Lotus on Welds and skinnies?

Was going to ask the same thing, surely that car can handle wider tires than that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Terrible Robot posted:

Was going to ask the same thing, surely that car can handle wider tires than that.

Probably those are the original stock sizes, that is a mid-70s car:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_Elite#1974