Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

still a child posted:

So, this is kind of random, but I'm going to Orlando for a week in June and will have a couple of days to go to Disney World but no one to go with. Does anyone who lives in the area want to meet up for a ride or two? I'll be there June 11-13. Promise I'm not a weirdo!

poo poo, middle of the week for me and I'm working else I would have been up for it! I live right behind the park too. However I work from home the Wed-Thurs so I may be able to get out after work and meet you at the park. MK is the closest park to me and I can be at the gate in 15-20 minutes depending on traffic.

Shoot me a PM and we can discuss offline. If we get more locals even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Before she mends must sicken worse
I can buy tickets at DLR the night before right?

I get in Friday night and want to do downtown disney friday night. would be nice to get my ticket that night so I can go RIGHT TO THE PARK OMG THE NEXT DAY

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS
You can purchase your tickets in advance. They're not activated until swiped at admission - it's a smart thing to do to bypass lines.

You can even purchase them online and take the piece of paper to the gates.

BlueBayou posted:

$150 for a 1-day park hopper!?!?!

Im paying less than that for my hotel

Radiator Springs Racers better be loving amazing

Psssst. Single rider line will be your friend. However go early in the morning, as the ride does have the tendency to break down :(

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008

courtney_beth posted:

Psssst. Single rider line will be your friend. However go early in the morning, as the ride does have the tendency to break down :(

sigh. Im going with friends. so no single rider amazingness :[

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

BlueBayou posted:

Sometimes you can luck out and end up in the same vehicle for some rides.

I'm also back to work and have the post disney blues.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

Got to ride every ride in Fantasyland today while getting paid. Pixie dust is straight pouring out my ears.

Give it time. Soon you will be as dead inside as the rest.

Seriously though I never lost that enthusiasm for the job and it served me well. If you can have fun by helping other people have fun, you're gonna end up getting afforded a lot of opportunities that not everyone gets. Just don't get too high on the PCP, at the end of the day you're working for a business and there is the dead-serious side of the job that you're about to start getting trained in.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Nathilus posted:

Give it time. Soon you will be as dead inside as the rest.

Seriously though I never lost that enthusiasm for the job and it served me well. If you can have fun by helping other people have fun, you're gonna end up getting afforded a lot of opportunities that not everyone gets. Just don't get too high on the PCP, at the end of the day you're working for a business and there is the dead-serious side of the job that you're about to start getting trained in.

Yeah, I am pretty certain I am going to love doing the job, but I am also very keenly aware of the reality of it all.

Roar
Jul 7, 2007

I got 30 points!

I GOT 30 POINTS!
There's two kinds of CPs - the ones that love EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING and the ones who just want college credit and to drink a lot.

The former were always so much more fun to train.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Roar posted:

There's two kinds of CPs - the ones that love EVERYTHING ABOUT EVERYTHING and the ones who just want college credit and to drink a lot.

The former were always so much more fun to train.

I already graduated college (I applied just as I was finishing up) so credit isn't something I care about, and drinking interests me very rarely (except at Epcot)

I really just wanted to work for Disney (and want to work for them video production wise eventually) so this seemed like the best foot forward option.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Well, if you want to work for Disney this is definitely the place. That or anything timeshare because this is the corporate mecca.

courtney_beth
Jul 23, 2007

I SHALL NOT USE MY
HOOVES AS HANDS

BlueBayou posted:

Husband and I do this every time we go. You wait in line with your crew until you get into the car and 80% of the time you'll end up in the same car with at least someone you know. Worst case you're separated for the ride, but then you can race each other! It's worth spending 20 mins in line vs 90 minutes just to sit next to each other :)

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Attention: The Cronut ala mode at Epcot is dope as hell.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

Attention: The Cronut ala mode at Epcot is dope as hell.

EPCOT is the best park to chill out in IMO. I used to just sit in the living seas for hours and people/fish watch, then go over to World Showcase and listen to the Taiko drums, eat something tasty, and people-watch more.

Second best park to just chill in is AK, particularly if you can get there very early (which won't happen much for you if CPs are still mostly given late shifts). Many of the animal species on the safari and nature trails are crepuscular just like deer: they are most active around dawn and dusk.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
So what rides at Disneyland/DCA have single rider?

Splash
Soarin'
Radiator

is that all?

Cryosleep
Jun 6, 2003

Time's UP!

still a child posted:

So, this is kind of random, but I'm going to Orlando for a week in June and will have a couple of days to go to Disney World but no one to go with. Does anyone who lives in the area want to meet up for a ride or two? I'll be there June 11-13. Promise I'm not a weirdo!

I'd totally go, but I'm blacked out all of June except for the first week. :-(

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Cryosleep posted:

I'd totally go, but I'm blacked out all of June except for the first week. :-(

wow, that applies to all parks?

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

BlueBayou posted:

So what rides at Disneyland/DCA have single rider?

Splash
Soarin'
Radiator

is that all?

Matterhorn (important)
Indy
Screamin'
Grizzly
Goofy's sky school

Kart Barfunkel fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 29, 2014

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Matterhorn (important)
Indy
Screamin'
Grizzly
Goofy's sky school

The last time I went they had nixed the single rider for Indy. It was a short while back, so it might be up again, and would would be awesome news. I was just sad every time I used it that I didn't get to enjoy the queue, which is unabashedly my favorite at DL/DCA.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

JoshTheStampede posted:

My wife and I are planning our one year anniversary slash honeymoon for October 18-27 2014. Right in the food/wine fest, and were looking at the Boardwalk Inn. Central location looks nice, but I've heard from a couple sources that the buses to MK and AK from there are especially bad, any truth to that? I don't think its gonna get any more convenient than walking to two parks and bussing to the other two.
I stayed there last November. AK bus wasn't terrible or anything (we may have been lucky) and would you really want to go more than once? We went to AKL for dinner and there was no bus from there to BI, so we took a bus to Epcot and walked through to BI, since Epcot was open much later than AK that day.

Since you walk a lot you can walk through Epcot to the monorail, take that to the transit hub, and switch to the MK monorail. One of the days we were there we also did the MK Christmas Party so we had to bus back to BI, which seems intent on always stopping first out/last in at BI, so you have to swing through yacht, dolphin, and swan first. That may be the big complaint about the buses but I never had a problem scheduling things so that the Epcot bypass wasn't an option.

I thought it was a great hotel and if we ever go back we will almost certainly stay there again for the convenience (also seeming lack of children). If either of you have a weird need to watch fireworks then you're pretty set because the walk into Epcot is 5 minutes and you dump out right at the lake for Illuminations.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

So getting from MCO to Cabana Bay at Universal, what's the best way? I'm looking at booking a Mears shuttle currently, but don't know all the options.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Democratic Pirate posted:

So getting from MCO to Cabana Bay at Universal, what's the best way? I'm looking at booking a Mears shuttle currently, but don't know all the options.

That is the cheapest option and safest tbh. There are dozens upon dozens of limo services and you may find a cheaper rate, especially if you plan on using it more than once since the person will become your 'personal chauffeur'.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

First day of training at Winnie the Pooh was a success. I also helped with the huge rush to Mine Train in the morning. That was fun to watch.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

First day of training at Winnie the Pooh was a success. I also helped with the huge rush to Mine Train in the morning. That was fun to watch.

So you're at Pooh then? We will be there this weekend, it's the wifey's birthday and our 5th wedding anniversary.. she wants to go to the park.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
AAAHHH I AM IN ANAHEIM

TRADER SAM'S TONIGHT

DCA ROPE DROP TOMORROW

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

ahem
I mean. yay disneyland. I havent been here in like 5 years.

Can i still get my haircut here or is that only in Paris and Magic Kingdom?

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 31, 2014

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

So you're at Pooh then? We will be there this weekend, it's the wifey's birthday and our 5th wedding anniversary.. she wants to go to the park.

Pooh or Tea Cups depending on my assignment. I train on tea cups tomorrow.

Quixotic1
Jul 25, 2007

After reviewing my videos the people they got to be the faces for Cinderella' stepsisters deserve a medal for their acting. I'm talking A game Adventurers Club quality of comedy and entertainment. I don't think they even had visible handlers, they were taking care of the lines and cutters of said lines themselves. They even remembered my niece hours later when we passed by them.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

:ohdear: I just reserved plane tickets and I'm putting to the test how much I know about all this stuff.

BlueBayou
Jan 16, 2008
Rope drop at DCA and radiator is broken. What the gently caress

Edit. Single rider twice in like 20 mins. God bless the single rider line

Can i fast the dole whip line?

BlueBayou fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jun 1, 2014

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Epcot tomorrow, dinner at California Grill. Watch it rain all day too.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

I have had marvelous luck with the rain recently. I keep getting out of work and on my bus home before it actually rains. This pleases me, because carrying my rain gear with me all day is a pain in the rear end.

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011
Getting anxious to see the new prices for 2015. Sure, word is that booking for January should be available in June but hotdamnit it's technically June now and still nothing.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

demonR6 posted:

We were there most of the day/night yesterday and got lucky with the rain. Ate at the awesome Italian place, holy poo poo their pizza is amazing.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Selenite posted:

Getting anxious to see the new prices for 2015. Sure, word is that booking for January should be available in June but hotdamnit it's technically June now and still nothing.

I was just saying that to a travel agent friend today and she heard it might be this week. That seems a bit early to me, but we'll see. I'm planning a personal trip to WDW for Nov 2015 and I'd really like to know if my discount is going to let me afford the Poly this time.

Selenite
Feb 17, 2011
I'm hoping so. I'm trying to save for a trip for January.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Went to Star Wars Weekends today. Probably a good day to do it because of the on and off rain, because it wasn't crowded at all. I got a sweet customized Star Tours nametag and a totally useless popcorn bucket shaped like Darth Vader.

Oof, my wallet.

Cryosleep
Jun 6, 2003

Time's UP!

demonR6 posted:

wow, that applies to all parks?

yes. :(

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

That blows. I did not realize it was all parks. I wanted to look on the bright side so hey at least you can save the money you.. wait, no that won't work. Welp.

In other news headed out to California Grill for wedding anniversary dinner. Timed it so we can watch the fireworks.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

demonR6 posted:

That blows. I did not realize it was all parks. I wanted to look on the bright side so hey at least you can save the money you.. wait, no that won't work. Welp.

In other news headed out to California Grill for wedding anniversary dinner. Timed it so we can watch the fireworks.

Niiiice. You are a smooth Disney operator.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Niiiice. You are a smooth Disney operator.

Let's hope we are not buried in a terrible area to view them. I did call ahead to tell them we were celebrating our 5th so may Disney have mercy upon us.

Edit: trip report. Table by the window with an excellent view of fireworks. Dinner was awesome.

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jun 2, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Circutron
Apr 29, 2006
We are confident that the Islamic logic, culture, and discourse can prove their superiority in all fields over all schools of thought and theories.
So thanks to everyone who said I should hold onto my Le Cellier reservation. My friends and I had an amazing time there, capping off what was a pretty wonderful day. The filet mignon with English pea risotto and confit mushrooms is probably the best thing I've ever eaten, and the maple creme brulee was an excellent dessert to finish everything with. Would definitely try and snag that place again! :)

Circutron fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jun 3, 2014