Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
I noticed that the sandstorms would slam my PC's FPS until I scaled back the quality of anti-aliasing. They were pretty much a no-go when I was running with Supersampling AA, but it didn't have much of an impact on the cheaper forms of AA. Everybody's mileage will vary, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

CommonSensei posted:

Which mod is that outfit from?

I just started Inheritance myself and have been enjoying it so far.

It's from the NVBS Desert Scorpion mod, which I uh, guess doesn't exist anymore considering it was hosted on the now defunct VG Underground site.

This was listed as the thing in my FOMM FOMOD menu, so I -think- it's it? The specific armor type is NVBS 05, and all the armors are sold at the Gun Runners.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zwwrwt978coiag/NVBS_Desert_Scorpion_Battle_Armor.rar

Naky posted:

You, sir, have literally mastered the art of FNV graphics. I like to think I've got my game looking pretty good but acknowledge that it's not quite good enough but every time I see one of your screenshots I'm instantly filled with envy as I can usually find no wrong with it. You really need to put out some sort of in-depth guide with links on exactly what you've done so us mere mortals can at least try to reach those levels of sexiness.

Uhhhh, it's mostly just trying to find a good place to take screenshots, honestly. Usually I just mix and match ENB stuff (with whatever tweaks) and hope for the best, which is why there's a lot of variation in how stuff looks (alongside area lighting and whatnot). I really enjoy the lighting on the APEX ENB, but there's times where it just looks too messy so I usually try mixing it with other stuff that looks 'cleaner'. I really can't stand the weird sepia-ish filter that ENB stuff normally gives so I go out of my way to try and crank up the contrast as much as possible via the S-Curves setting.

Naky
May 30, 2001

Resident Crackhead
Mind sharing your ENB set up then? I always like trying out new ones. I'm using Rudy's right now cuz it's the latest one I don't horribly hate but even that one has quirks.

Proletarian Mango
May 21, 2011

Anybody else use Mod Organizer for New Vegas? I am but it's kinda frustrating because it apparently can't install FOMODS and I'm thinking I might have to switch back to FOMM but it'd be a hassle to do.

Also, I'm using enb and I have SSAO enabled and it looks good until I start moving, or anything else starts to move, because then it does what I can only describe as "shimmering". I was wondering if there was a way to fix that. Everything else looks great except for that but SSAO is an integral part of the looks of this setup so turning it off isn't ideal.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Upmarket Mango posted:

Anybody else use Mod Organizer for New Vegas? I am but it's kinda frustrating because it apparently can't install FOMODS and I'm thinking I might have to switch back to FOMM but it'd be a hassle to do.

Also, I'm using enb and I have SSAO enabled and it looks good until I start moving, or anything else starts to move, because then it does what I can only describe as "shimmering". I was wondering if there was a way to fix that. Everything else looks great except for that but SSAO is an integral part of the looks of this setup so turning it off isn't ideal.

I do us MO for New Vegas but, I've gotten to the point where I just either hack the FOMOD install script to work or install it manually. You could run FOMM through MO for the ones that do not really want to work but everything installed that way would be dumped into the override folder.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
You might also try following the alternate directions here. Can't say I've run into anything complicated enough to need a workaround, though.

Clinton1011
Jul 11, 2007
Has anyone else used the overhaul AWN: After War Nevada? I'm liking it so far, seems to make everything harder in a balanced way. I have gone from full health to dead in a single shot due to how much dmg is done with a headshot but I feel that's whats added so much to the game for me. At any moment I could die, every choice seems to matter so much more now.

That & I love the background system, you pick a background like, BOS scribe or Scavanager & this choice determines your starting spot, adds some bonuses to starting skills & will give you a some starting perks. Seems to really change up the feel on replays.

I'm interested to find out how it holds up in the later levels & other people's thoughts on the mod.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

FronzelNeekburm posted:

You might also try following the alternate directions here. Can't say I've run into anything complicated enough to need a workaround, though.

It's mostly things that look for specific plugins and hud mods that I need a workaround to install. There is a bug with the default package of 1.1.2 with the FOMOD installer but there is another minor download to fix it.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Naky posted:

Mind sharing your ENB set up then? I always like trying out new ones. I'm using Rudy's right now cuz it's the latest one I don't horribly hate but even that one has quirks.

Hopefully this works, since I used some ENB preset saving program to try and grab all the enb/sweetfx files and whatnot so I didn't have to guess which ones were relevant:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/69793k2nym6b1wk/enbtest.rar

It's eyeball tweaked since my wasteland is still all snowy and stuff so it might look real weird outdoors. It's also based on the lighting used in the URWLNV mod so uhh I have no idea what it looks like outside of that.

There's a pretty major issue that I don't know the source of though, and that's these weird huge stripes showing up on everything up close. I don't know what causes it, but it's something that only happens with APEX ENB's enbeffects file. It seems to be related to the filterquality setting under the SSAO_SSIL section but beyond that I'm completely lost.

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

So here is my mod list

it is causing this issue with the game, is it due to me using NMM?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

At first glance that looks like the long distance terrain mesh is rendering over the normal cell mesh. Do you have anything on that list that changes long distance terrain?

Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

OwlFancier posted:

At first glance that looks like the long distance terrain mesh is rendering over the normal cell mesh. Do you have anything on that list that changes long distance terrain?

I honestly couldn't tell you, I just grabbed those texture mods since my friend recommended them.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Is there any more main quest stuff left in The Inheritance after you kill Zimmer one way or another? My current playthrough I have no melee weapon or speech skill so I don't think I can try the other ending until I replay. Hate to think I'm cutting the quest short, feels like it was pretty short up to this point compared to someguy's other quest mods. It sure was fun to see Zimmer get so flabbergasted at my mute courier that he yelled "Cocksucker!" and swung at me, only to be stunlocked and then die from a hail of LMG fire :allears:

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Seashell Salesman posted:

Is there any more main quest stuff left in The Inheritance after you kill Zimmer one way or another? My current playthrough I have no melee weapon or speech skill so I don't think I can try the other ending until I replay. Hate to think I'm cutting the quest short, feels like it was pretty short up to this point compared to someguy's other quest mods. It sure was fun to see Zimmer get so flabbergasted at my mute courier that he yelled "Cocksucker!" and swung at me, only to be stunlocked and then die from a hail of LMG fire :allears:

There's no main quest stuff, but there's some followup quests that happen sometime later. You'll get a message from a courier about 'em. Not sure if you get them if you finish it that way though.

Speaking of that final showdown, screenshot excuse time:

I wish I coulda figured out how to get the black and white better lookin'(and not added that lil bit of red on the blade) but I guess that'd require playing around more with Photoshop or something.

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Fat_Cow posted:

So here is my mod list

it is causing this issue with the game, is it due to me using NMM?

It's the low-heath thing from project nevada. You probably want to go through all the project nevada settings on the mod menu (hit escape in game). Project Nevada has some annoying elements. Like wearing eyeglasses puts lovely cracked glass all over the screen or wearing helmets can cover half of your screen's real estate. Their stealth profile also might as well be switch that turns all stealth off until you're almost done with the game, so you might want to change that setting too.

SpookyLizard
Feb 17, 2009
If by lovely you mean 'totally rad features that could only be better if they were built into the game, then yes. Wearing hosed up glasses makes it harder to see cause theyre alm hosed up. Fix them, abd they cease to be so.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Looking through actually cracked glass and goggles would look defocused as hell and not obtrusive though :spergin:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Meatwave posted:

It's the low-heath thing from project nevada. You probably want to go through all the project nevada settings on the mod menu (hit escape in game). Project Nevada has some annoying elements. Like wearing eyeglasses puts lovely cracked glass all over the screen or wearing helmets can cover half of your screen's real estate. Their stealth profile also might as well be switch that turns all stealth off until you're almost done with the game, so you might want to change that setting too.

i don't think Project Nevada breaks textures when you're low on health broseiden

Meatwave
Feb 21, 2014

Truest Detective - Work Crew Division.
:dong::yayclod:

Alouicious posted:

i don't think Project Nevada breaks textures when you're low on health broseiden

Oh whoops. I am blind. How did I not notice that?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
I've gotten better over the years at self imposing rules to make game playthroughs more fun and varied, but with RobCo Certified I always find the game gets way too easy way too fast (I think this is a general problem with followers in the game, RobCo just gives you a ton of really good followers). Does anyone have mod suggestions to rebalance the game out after Robco? I'd prefer to avoid mods that are going to add just gigantic spawns everywhere because I worry about game stability, but I'd be willing to try them. Maybe AWOP or something? Or maybe someone has tried some totally different approach to balancing RobCo?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Seashell Salesman posted:

I've gotten better over the years at self imposing rules to make game playthroughs more fun and varied, but with RobCo Certified I always find the game gets way too easy way too fast (I think this is a general problem with followers in the game, RobCo just gives you a ton of really good followers). Does anyone have mod suggestions to rebalance the game out after Robco? I'd prefer to avoid mods that are going to add just gigantic spawns everywhere because I worry about game stability, but I'd be willing to try them. Maybe AWOP or something? Or maybe someone has tried some totally different approach to balancing RobCo?

I also use RobCo Certified a lot, and I usually try to limit myself to one combat bot (or lobotomite) and some support. Using the wrench and the jumpsuit (or Mister House's suit) makes you vulnerable enough (in my experience) to have to be wary of bullets. I generally agree with you though, the game becomes super-easy.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
I like surrounding myself with eyebots. They only zap but it sure is fun to watch them swarm something.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Meatwave posted:

Oh whoops. I am blind. How did I not notice that?

Wearing broken glasses, obviously.

Honestly yeah, I turned off visor overlays and stealth changes as well. Might do the same for implants one of these days.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Are there any mods that cause the body parts that fly off of gibbed people to act like shrapnel, causing damage to other people nearby (and hopefully causing chain reactions)?

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

-Troika- posted:

Are there any mods that cause the body parts that fly off of gibbed people to act like shrapnel, causing damage to other people nearby (and hopefully causing chain reactions)?

Pretty sure all collisions in the engine already work this way.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Ok I'm having a problem with Beyond Boulder Dome. There's a part after you find the ghoul hideout that you talk to the scout Firefly and he asks you to kill Sgt. Renato and get his head. The problem is I've already killed Sgt. Renato because he's a huge dickbag and for half-ghoulifying Kate. Ok I probably didn't need to spoiler any of that but I felt like it.

Anyway I need the head, so I've tried two different methods so far:

code:
player.placeatme 1B003DF8
which is the BaseID for Sgt. Renato according to FNVEdit.

code:
player.additem 1B08375D 1
which is Renato's head.

In both cases the console tells me the ObjectID cannot be found. I'm quite stuck in the game unless I can find a way past this.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Possible that the module index in fnvedit is wrong. Does it match the one in fomm or whatever else you're using?

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Yeah I loaded up the entire list to go through them all.

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013
Exactly the same thing happened to me when I played Beyond Boulder Dome. I solved it by resurrecting him and killing him again.

(Go back to his body, bring up the console, click on him, enter the 'resurrect' command.)

Alternatively you may also be able to use setstage, but that could be problematic depending on how the quest is set up.

CommonSensei
Apr 3, 2011

Fereydun posted:

It's from the NVBS Desert Scorpion mod, which I uh, guess doesn't exist anymore considering it was hosted on the now defunct VG Underground site.

This was listed as the thing in my FOMM FOMOD menu, so I -think- it's it? The specific armor type is NVBS 05, and all the armors are sold at the Gun Runners.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9zwwrwt978coiag/NVBS_Desert_Scorpion_Battle_Armor.rar

Thanks! There was something very similar in TG's Armor Collection I believe called "Post-War Business Suit" but the coloring was different.

Edit: And there was no machete slung over the back.

CommonSensei fucked around with this message at 03:24 on May 31, 2014

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Antistar01 posted:

Exactly the same thing happened to me when I played Beyond Boulder Dome. I solved it by resurrecting him and killing him again.

(Go back to his body, bring up the console, click on him, enter the 'resurrect' command.)

Alternatively you may also be able to use setstage, but that could be problematic depending on how the quest is set up.

I kind of ashed him. :(

Edit: Also the BaseID for the quest in FNVEdit is wrong

Deadmeat5150 fucked around with this message at 06:10 on May 31, 2014

Antistar01
Oct 20, 2013

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Ah... I must admit I've never tried to resurrect ash. (And in the game.)

Sounds like that needs something special.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
You could always find his refID and make another one.

delta534
Sep 2, 2011

Deadmeat5150 posted:

Edit: Also the BaseID for the quest in FNVEdit is wrong

Post your load order from something like wyrebash. IIRC there are versions of FNVEdit which will do some minor load order reordering to get things to load without issues.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not enjoying Beyond Boulder Dome too much so far. The scores of assholes with marksman carbines hurt and the radiation everywhere is annoying.

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Antistar01 posted:

Ah... I must admit I've never tried to resurrect ash. (And in the game.)

Sounds like that needs something special.

This would be great if I didn't have to buy it from Doc Mitchell... who sort of got blown up by powder gangers.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

-Troika- posted:

I'm not enjoying Beyond Boulder Dome too much so far. The scores of assholes with marksman carbines hurt and the radiation everywhere is annoying.

You're really gonna love the whole ending stretch then, because it's even worse than that!
It's scores of assholes with really fast semi-auto firing gauss rifles with really strong armor! Also the final encounter is massively stacked and basically impossible to win without setting up explosive traps ahead of time!

Beyond Boulder Dome is full of silly things and poor design. It's quite a shame!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fereydun posted:

You're really gonna love the whole ending stretch then, because it's even worse than that!
It's scores of assholes with really fast semi-auto firing gauss rifles with really strong armor! Also the final encounter is massively stacked and basically impossible to win without setting up explosive traps ahead of time!

Beyond Boulder Dome is full of silly things and poor design. It's quite a shame!

gently caress that then. Is it possible to coc out?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I'd say hit tilde, type tgm, and then enter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

LoonShia posted:

I'd say hit tilde, type tgm, and then enter.

That's what I'm doing. Between the loving stupid level design and the weird cat fetish I'm murdering my way through it all to get to the end. I've got my Signature M1 Garand (the GRA Battle Rifle) and I've got my Dapper Gambler Suit so I'm good to go.