Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Okay dude, let's shoot for tomorrow night then! Say 7 CT?

Works for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Might be 7:30, depends on when I can get out of work, but sometime around there. See you on tonight.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Since neither sly or I are going to be able to take care of this immediately, I have no qualms whatsoever with a sim. Sly said he wouldn't be able to play until Tuesday, but on Saturday I am leaving for 8 days and I don't want to hold up the league.

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
I will have to live with this title since I am too cheap to buy a new one.

Diodeous posted:

Since neither sly or I are going to be able to take care of this immediately, I have no qualms whatsoever with a sim. Sly said he wouldn't be able to play until Tuesday, but on Saturday I am leaving for 8 days and I don't want to hold up the league.

Sim is good for me.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I'll be able to play after my gf finishes exercising so say 8 ct just to be safe. Sorry for the delay.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

I'll be able to play after my gf finishes exercising so say 8 ct just to be safe. Sorry for the delay.

Cool Im on now whenever youre ready.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

VT basically walked off with this game in the 1st quarter going up 21-3. Final ended up 45-19. Sustained offense was tough for BC, add in 2 INTs and 2 punts and that's about it. VT QB Parsons was a hoss scoring 2 long rush TDs to go with a 10/11 191 2/0 line helped direct the VT offense to a score on every drive. Dudeck is a solid HB, just felt like my roster was still too much. GG man, think you've definitely got a shot to take the Atlantic Division.

We are also advanced since Sly and Dio agreed to let a sim determine their fate. And even with the losses no one really moved much in the polls so hey ACC SOS.

User Games:
Miami vs UVA
BC vs NC State (we can wait on that one if everyone is okay with that or leave them to discuss it's fate)
UNC vs GT

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Who won our game? I won't be able to play until like the 8th, so yall dudes don't need to wait on me. "There's always next season"

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm fine with waiting.

AF, when do I get to see Watford in action?

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Who won our game? I won't be able to play until like the 8th, so yall dudes don't need to wait on me. "There's always next season"

UNC won the sim but you didn't drop in the polls.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Just came in from my jog. I'm free right now if you want to play

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I need sleep. Let's try for this weekend.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AF, I'll be around tonight if you want to get this game over with.

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Yeah, I should be on most of the day. If you can play now I can go.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

AfterFather posted:

Yeah, I should be on most of the day. If you can play now I can go.

Not sure if you saw my message but I'll be back around 1:30

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
Cletus I'll be home on Tuesday and will be free most of the time starting that day.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

Cletus I'll be home on Tuesday and will be free most of the time starting that day.
Cool, for now Tuesday evening is free for me.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I'm sitting in Raleigh right now and was wondering what college was here. Man did I feel like a loving fool when I realized the wolfpack was here

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Talk about a trap game. Virginia came to play as they picked me off 3x and downright embarrassed my defense. I probably should've played more man as that particular coverage seemed to give you trouble.

Way to mix up your play calling and keep me on my heels.

Virginia with the upset of the year: 35-32

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

John Brown posted:

Talk about a trap game. Virginia came to play as they picked me off 3x and downright embarrassed my defense. I probably should've played more man as that particular coverage seemed to give you trouble.

This makes the Coastal a very interesting situation now...

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Nah it's still gonna come down to next week. It's all or nothing for me though. You could afford a loss and still sneak into the BCSCG at least,

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

John Brown posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ91fg2VZdA

I got lucky on 1 of those interceptions in the end zone. I think it bounced off of one player into my linebackers arms. Yeah man did give me trouble and I would audible out of the play I had called into a run which was stuffed immediately but I'll take that over an interception.

I think my team played way over their heads in this game. No way that it should have been as close as it should have been.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Holy poo poo your team is rated a full 11pts lower than mine. Wtf did you just do to me lol?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

cletus42o posted:

Cool, for now Tuesday evening is free for me.
Still good for me tonight. I do have to launch some stuff for a client tonight around 9pm Eastern, so if we're in the middle of the game at that point, I may have to pause for a couple of minutes. What time do you think you can be on? (I'll get home around 7:30pm Eastern)

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
How about 930 Eastern? Will that be enough time for you to be done with work stuff?

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

How about 930 Eastern? Will that be enough time for you to be done with work stuff?
Yep that's perfect. It should really only take me 5 minutes at most. I'll definitely be good by 9:30 outside of a major emergency.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

After these guys it'll only be BC/NCSU, have you guys decided to try and wait it out through the weekend or what is the plan there?

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Whatever is best for the league since I can't play til Sunday

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Diodeous posted:

Whatever is best for the league since I can't play til Sunday

Really up to you and Texas, I'm not opposed to waiting, but I'd prefer Wreckus provide some insight as to whether he'd be able to play it around then or not.

Hope your personal business is sorting itself out man.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Really up to you and Texas, I'm not opposed to waiting, but I'd prefer Wreckus provide some insight as to whether he'd be able to play it around then or not.

Hope your personal business is sorting itself out man.

If no one minds waiting, I'd rather play the user game since we don't have that many user battles in these leagues these days.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

Totally a okay by me. WE WAIT.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey BTW Mario let me know that he isn't returning to any dynasties, so we should go ahead and remove him.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
GT falls to UNC, 26-28.

Scored a TD on a 4th and 21 late in the 4th. Go for the 2pt to tie it up and come up short. :(

I tried to challenge, but the option was disabled. I'm pretty sure he gets in!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3I7uKba_oc

:argh:

GG Sly! Last season you destroyed me, so I was glad that it was a bit more competitive this time. Your pass rush was intense!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005
UNC over GT 28-26 coming down to a failed 2 point conversion by GT (he looked in to me) with a minute left. Good game Cletus, too bad the studder step problem sort of nerfs the pitch of a triple option, playing out of a wishbone offense can be lots of fun. Did you make a few bad calls on the option or were my guys just all over you that fast? I have to just stick to zone reads as if I add in veers and midline reads, I get confused and give the ball to the wrong guy.

Wish I saved the replay of that one counter that you blew up but Morris breaks like 3 tackles and takes it in for a TD.

edit: oh and I hate that I gave up that last TD, I called the time out cause I figued: 4th and goal from 21, I'll put 8 guys in the endzone. Should have just kept my 4-3 zone blitz that gave you fits all night.

edit2: I got lucky with a number of CB blitzes that you tried to roll out into. That and my LB core lived in your backfield.

edit3: I noticed it was my end who snuffed out your screen play and think I've seen that a lot. What determines that? He was supposed to pass rush but does high play recognition put him into coverage on screens?

Slywalker13 fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Jun 4, 2014

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Slywalker13 posted:

UNC over GT 28-26 coming down to a failed 2 point conversion by GT (he looked in to me) with a minute left. Good game Cletus, too bad the studder step problem sort of nerfs the pitch of a triple option, playing out of a wishbone offense can be lots of fun. Did you make a few bad calls on the option or were my guys just all over you that fast? I have to just stick to zone reads as if I add in veers and midline reads, I get confused and give the ball to the wrong guy.
Well the stuttering is usually my fault. It doesn't happen if you keep the accelerate button held down without letting up when the pitch happens. I'm pretty sure of that, at least.. I know it doesn't always happen.

Most of those blown options were triple options, and your read defender stayed on the HB, but your pitch defender was reaching the QB before the option to pitch was available. The one time I scored off of it, I had to pitch the instant I could.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1kt2uSXTE

I should have mixed up the option plays a bit more. I just love the WR motion options!

Slywalker13 posted:

Wish I saved the replay of that one counter that you blew up but Morris breaks like 3 tackles and takes it in for a TD.
I was going to mention that in my post. I was so sure I had him for a loss, too!

Slywalker13
Jan 4, 2005

cletus42o posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ1kt2uSXTE

I should have mixed up the option plays a bit more. I just love the WR motion options!

I really thought I was gonna get this one for a loss too until my guy tripped over his own feet. He is all too embarrassingly obvious in that clip.

I love the WR motion triple option as well. I don't do it as much in the ACC due to that studder step so I'll try holding accelerate (I rarely use it as I am convinced it causes people to shed their blocks). I loved it as USC last season since for whatever reason is was normally my big TE getting the pitch and he'd just bulldoze the secondary.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Texas, I'm back home again. We can play any time tomorrow, just let me know

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

Diodeous posted:

Welcome back Dio! Was fun getting to hang out the other night! Paid for it slightly the next morning, was glad I had already told work I'd be working from home that day. :)

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Diodeous posted:

Can you go Tuesday night?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

Name a time

• Locked thread