Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

I have that same belt sander. And heels.

Edit: Whoa, and I have a PVR, too! It's just like my house, except there's an attractive woman in it.

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 04:28 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geop
Oct 26, 2007

Incoming rebuttal critiquing your character-build, from a poster who is a normal dude, posting in his underwear.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
Joo think i'm Lyle, maan?

I810BUX
Aug 10, 2007

Cheesu~~
Judge you double the size of my wanderer every time I watch one of your videos if you know what I mean.

I mean that I wander away from the video

Melaneus
Aug 24, 2007

Here to make your dreams and nightmares come true.
People laughed and sneered when I got my Wii U.

They just didn't know the glorious secret.

My "U" can GRANT WISHES ahahahahaha!

In the intro, some guy turned around and Doubtfire shouted "HELLLOOOOOO!" just like in the movie, right before putting a ladle through the mook's sternum.

Melaneus fucked around with this message at 08:12 on May 30, 2014

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I enjoyed Rebecca asking MindJim "Just what do you think has been going on today?"

Hell if anyone knows.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
This ape escape has turned into a real donkey kong, jr. of a farce.

Kloro
Oct 24, 2008

Fancy a grown man saying hujus hujus hujus as if he were proud of it it is not english and do not make SENSE.
One of those upgrades is called "Sharpened Bullet". It "increases your strength so you can take more damage and your bullets do more damage". There are so many things wrong in that I don't know where to start.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Kloro posted:

One of those upgrades is called "Sharpened Bullet". It "increases your strength so you can take more damage and your bullets do more damage". There are so many things wrong in that I don't know where to start.

"Frosted Tips". It "makes you look cool so you can run faster and also all the walls are blue. SIDE EFFECT: makes you really surprised when enemies show up."

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Kloro posted:

I know right, that would take forever to sharpen all the bullets you pick up. Just how would you sharpen bullets when you're in the middle of a fight?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Croccers posted:

I know right, that would take forever to sharpen all the bullets you pick up. Just how would you sharpen bullets when you're in the middle of a fight?

You glue a pencil sharpener to the muzzle. Duh.

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Melaneus posted:

People laughed and sneered when I got my Wii U.

They just didn't know the glorious secret.

My "U" can GRANT WISHES ahahahahaha!

In the intro, some guy turned around and Doubtfire shouted "HELLLOOOOOO!" just like in the movie, right before putting a ladle through the mook's sternum.

It was a run by fruiting. Nice touch with the dev studio.

Suspect Bucket posted:

Joo think i'm Lyle, maan?

The last great animated classic.

RotationSurgeon posted:

Judge you double the size of my wanderer every time I watch one of your videos if you know what I mean.

I mean that I wander away from the video

C'mon...

judge reinhold fucked around with this message at 13:32 on May 30, 2014

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
I've figured out how to upgrade in mindjack. You apparently have to go to the main menu to upgrade. I found it out in this review http://www.trueachievements.com/Mindjack/reviews.htm. Warning, the rest of the review might contain spoilers. Anyways, I just have to wonder who thought it was a good idea to put the upgrades in the main menu. It's like this game was made by people who had only ever heard of video games before hand.

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
They've already figured out how to upgrade. That blip video thing on the previous page? That's not just a joke image, that's a real thing you can click on.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/blip/?vurl=http%3A%2F%2Fblip.tv%2Fjudgediaper%2Fsexy-babes-6902700

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Kloro posted:

Sharpening all your bullets by hand is a full-body workout, bro.

Look at this guy, probably hasn't sharpened a bullet in his life.

Some Strange Flea
Apr 9, 2010

AAA
Pillbug

dantheman650 posted:

I enjoyed Rebecca asking MindJim
That's MindJames to you. :colbert:

bhlaab
Feb 21, 2005

Flea Wars posted:

That's MindJames to you. :colbert:

Mr. Coorbijn was my father

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

judge reinhold posted:

You want it? You got it! It's a blip exclusive! We're kicking off our new series with a look at the MindJack upgrades!

I will wait for Anthony to give a more informed critique, but I think this is cool.

Just neglecting to pick them up.

I had a right proper wank to the upgrades, and thanks for the heads up on the gun situation.

(And sorry I've been watching you guys on YT. I have just had some bad experiences with Blip and my connection.)

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001

Samizdata posted:

I had a right proper wank to the upgrades, and thanks for the heads up on the gun situation.

(And sorry I've been watching you guys on YT. I have just had some bad experiences with Blip and my connection.)

blip is bad. Everybody watch us on youtube, found here: youtube.com/valkhorn

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

Croccers posted:

Cybernetic Psychic Nanomachines. With rail guns. And bluetooth

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Mr. Reinhold, as a humble patron I respectfully ask: Can you please use twitter more for thread updates. For us Goons On The Go.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Okay so taking over machines is mindwaving. Taking over humans is mindhacking. This begs the question...... what is "mindjacking"?!?!

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

BBJoey posted:

Okay so taking over machines is mindwaving. Taking over humans is mindhacking. This begs the question...... what is "mindjacking"?!?!

I think it's when you sit on your hand for a while before hacking it.

supermikhail
Nov 17, 2012

"It's video games, Scully."
Video games?"
"He enlists the help of strangers to make his perfect video game. When he gets bored of an idea, he murders them and moves on to the next, learning nothing in the process."
"Hmm... interesting."
Well, logically... Ah, what am I talking about?

I can think of a scenario that hasn't been seen yet: hacking a person/robot who has been already hacked and having a bit of a mind scuffle with the enemy hacker. Alternatively, hacking one robot together with another person a la Pacific Rim.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

BBJoey posted:

As far as I can tell, here's how it's supposed to go:

The technology to manipulate poo poo with your mind is called "mind wave"
Taking over machines is "mind hacking"
Taking over humans is "mind jacking"

The script for this game isn't very good at all. It's probably a translation error since it came from feelplus, a game company that basically has gently caress-all to its name.

goatse.cx
Nov 21, 2013
I'm not sure how this mind control technology is supposed to be some shocking big reveal, hasn't our heroes been doing exactly that ever since the airport ('mind slaving' wounded enemies)? And have they never questioned why random cowering bystanders would just suddenly pull out a gun and fight along side them, and then go back to cowering once the fightings done?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

SSNeoman posted:

The script for this game isn't very good at all. It's probably a translation error since it came from feelplus, a game company that basically has gently caress-all to its name.

Because I am devoted to uncovering the dark secrets of the twisted backstory of Mindjack, I went back and looked at the video. The quote is "Mind Hack. Allows partial neural influence of one human over another." So while your idea makes the most sense, it unfortunately did not occur to the developers.

goatse.cx posted:

I'm not sure how this mind control technology is supposed to be some shocking big reveal, hasn't our heroes been doing exactly that ever since the airport ('mind slaving' wounded enemies)? And have they never questioned why random cowering bystanders would just suddenly pull out a gun and fight along side them, and then go back to cowering once the fightings done?

Perhaps Mind Slaving is another thing all together. MindWave, MindHack, MindSlave and MindJack - buy the full NERKAS Mind Control collection and save 10%!

your evil twin
Aug 23, 2010

"What we're dealing with...
is us! Those things look just like us!"

"Speak for yourself, I couldn't look that bad on a bet."
Nah I think that Jim and Rebecca are completely unaware of the mind slaving and mind hacking/jacking that is going on.

I do like the idea that the player has hacked into the protagonist and is remotely controlling Jim/Rebecca. A rather meta take on the player/character relationship, and a pretty cool twist even though I already suspected it much earlier. Also explains how you are able to leave your body and float around and they will keep on fighting as AI characters.

Deadly Premonition did something similar with the character Francis York Morgan talking to his imaginary companion Zak all the time, and during combat sections saying "I'll let you handle this one, Zak." MindJack is basically doing that, except that he doesn't know about Zak.

The problem is that the player is also hacking or mindslaving soldiers and robots and creating an army of friendly NPCs to help the protagonists. So if the heroes aren't supposed to know they are being hacked, they should be questioning why there's loads of enemies defecting to their side and why random civilians start helping them.

Perhaps when Jim and Rebecca are hacked they are intentionally made oblivious to such things. Like how in the old Ghost in the Shell anime people could be hacked to think all kinds of crazy stuff and be fighting to save a wife and girlfriend that do not exist. The recent game Remember Me does something similar where you hack into a bounty hunter lady and change her memories so that she is on your side.

But since the game doesn't explain this, it seems really dumb!

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

your evil twin posted:

But since the game doesn't explain this, it seems really dumb!

One sentence game review here, people.

Cheers, YET, for such cogent analysis.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013

SSNeoman posted:

With how stupid this game is, I wouldn't be surprised if "Mindjack" was literally the term for when you mindhack someone named Jack.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I wouldn't mind Jack if he stopped acting like such an rear end in a top hat.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

LoonShia posted:

I wouldn't mind Jack if he stopped acting like such an rear end in a top hat.

He's even worse at parties. The guests start to arrive and all he has to say is, "Geez, how many of these guys are there? They just keep coming!"

Samizdata
May 14, 2007
Then he and his Doomba open fire on them before they can even get to the buffet table.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

I'd really rather play the Quebecois version of this game, MindJacque, where you get enemies to fight for you by taking a minute to politely explain this whole misunderstanding and ask for their help.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

pkfan2004 posted:

I'd really rather play the Quebecois version of this game, MindJacque

This except MindJock, and Jim wears a football helmet.

Random_Username
Jan 1, 2013
MindJak, which is really just a remake of Jak and Daxter, but with mind powers.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

MineJack - Set in the same world, but you play the guy who places all the red explosive cookie tins.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

pkfan2004 posted:

I'd really rather play the Quebecois version of this game, MindJacque, where you get enemies to fight for you by taking a minute to politely explain this whole misunderstanding and ask for their help.

Or MindJaques, where you inhabit the mind of a 50 year old longshoremilkman in order to make him write children's books for the rest of his life about heroic mice with swords.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
I'm not a fan of all the MindJokes being made here.

Afraid of Audio fucked around with this message at 21:58 on May 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

judge reinhold
Jul 26, 2001
They don't bother me, personally. Would I go so far as to say I don't mind them? No.

• Locked thread