Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Wow, that is not a good look for Sunstorm. The red highlights are atrocious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyRaptor
Aug 27, 2004

Fuck Sandy Petersen, again.
I've always preferred the orange e-Hobby Sunstorm over the yellow cartoon "Sunstorm". That TFA creamsicle deco is one of my favorites ever.

I'm sure the mold has turned into a jelly by now, but I still kind of hope we get a proper Generations Sunstorm from the Classics seeker mold. I missed out on the knockoff that was going around a few years ago. And that Botcon version from last year doesn't count because the colors are way, way off.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

they are singing!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Phy posted:

What the hell?

Weird, is that a US Toys R Us?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Knormal posted:

Weird, is that a US Toys R Us?

Nope, Canada. I just didn't realize the reissue was being sold here!

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Blackheart posted:

e: this is also pretty cool I think:

Did you see this or was it posed somewhere? I must have it.

I really wish more Kre-o were like that, just big rear end G1 homages. They don't seem to sell much as modern versions anyway.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Phy posted:

Nope, Canada. I just didn't realize the reissue was being sold here!
The reissue never even came to brick-and-mortar stores in the US, it was only available here from HTS/BBTS.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Phy posted:

What the hell?

:aaa:

Oh $149. :saddowns:

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Predaking was also on Amazon in the US, which is how a lot of people got it for $50 late last year.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!

Blackheart posted:

e: this is also pretty cool I think:

If this is the one that I've seen, which it may or may not be, it's pretty close to the same size as MP Grimlock (though, a tiny bit smaller and less bulky)

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
We have a problem here...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Honest Ray posted:

We have a problem here...

Yeah, Froakie's obviously the superior Gen VI Starter. :colbert:

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Godzilla's about to get his arse kicked, I see.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

Predaking was also on Amazon in the US, which is how a lot of people got it for $50 late last year.

Yeah but they were all water damaged or something/smelled funny.

There are just so many platinums, I'm going to wait for them to be 50% off like all the rest of the platinums.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Anora posted:

Did you see this or was it posed somewhere? I must have it.

I really wish more Kre-o were like that, just big rear end G1 homages. They don't seem to sell much as modern versions anyway.

It was posted over TFW2005, seen on some Toys R Us I think.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

Me Swoop say 'what the gently caress happened to me?'

edit for content:
I'm kind of getting excited about TF4 and I'm not sure how to feel about it. These two recent TV spots got me hyped a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91uoargJFFw
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/another-new-transformers-4-age-of-extinction-tv-spot-180152/

The second one has a quick shot of the dinobots.

TheDK fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 31, 2014

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Picked up the TRU exclusive Strafe evolution 2-pack. AOE Strafe is a pretty sweet figure. I do have a thing for winged 'bots, so I may be biased.

For some reason, the box art has G1 Strafe, the Technobot, on it. Odd.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Joe Fisto posted:

Picked up the TRU exclusive Strafe evolution 2-pack. AOE Strafe is a pretty sweet figure. I do have a thing for winged 'bots, so I may be biased.

For some reason, the box art has G1 Strafe, the Technobot, on it. Odd.

Well, AoE Strafe is kinda a hybrid of the Technobot and Swoop.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

TheDK posted:

I'm kind of getting excited about TF4 and I'm not sure how to feel about it. These two recent TV spots got me hyped a little:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91uoargJFFw
http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/transformers-movie-just-movie-31/another-new-transformers-4-age-of-extinction-tv-spot-180152/

Don't. You know exactly what kind of movie it's going to be. Just keep that in mind when it convinces you to ride on your back to cross that river, man.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Don't. You know exactly what kind of movie it's going to be. Just keep that in mind when it convinces you to ride on your back to cross that river, man.
I'm not going to lie, I genuinely laughed when Mark Wahlberg said "Insurance? It's a freaking space ship. Sweetie, hand me my alien gun."

Also is Toyworld Aurora worth it for $40?

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!

Xenomrph posted:

I'm not going to lie, I genuinely laughed when Mark Wahlberg said "Insurance? It's a freaking space ship. Sweetie, hand me my alien gun."

Hell yeah it is, all the Toyworld not-Throttlebots rule.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Other posted:

Hell yeah it is, all the Toyworld not-Throttlebots rule.

I'm very tempted by those but I want to see what the gestalt looks like before I dive in.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Is that voyager or leader Grimlock?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The Taint Reaper posted:

Is that voyager or leader Grimlock?

It's a voyager, judging from the color and weapon and chromeless-ness.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

You(or whoever did it) better do an even more ridiculous combination using the other two Dinobots when they come out

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drrockso20 posted:

You(or whoever did it) better do an even more ridiculous combination using the other two Dinobots when they come out

I grabbed it off Reddit, I don't want any of the AoE toys (unless they come out with something like Skyhammer again).

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

I grabbed it off Reddit, I don't want any of the AoE toys (unless they come out with something like Skyhammer again).

If you don't want at least Scorn you are a bad person. A bad person for not wanting good toys.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
You cannot deny the awesomeness of Scorn and Slug. Well and Strafe's robot mode to a point.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

The_Doctor posted:

You mean aside from Voyager Drift, who is the Skyhammer mold with AOE Drift's creepy mask?

Also whatup passing-on-the-AOE-dinobots buddy? I know everyone else here loves em, but I can't justify the purchase to myself like I can with the Generations comic characters and the Masterpiece cars.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Why? Scorn at the very least is one of the most satisfying molds in a long time, in both Dino and especially robot mode.

Like the only "downside" is the tail arm, and considering he is a dinosaur knight, it fits perfectly as a lance. He is one of the best deluxes in years, man.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
The movie figures all look terrible. Yes, even the Dinobots.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Captain Invictus posted:

If you don't want at least Scorn you are a bad person. A bad person for not wanting good toys.

I'm a bad person too. I don't plan on buying any movie toys.

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.

DoctorWhat posted:

Yeah, Froakie's obviously the superior Gen VI Starter. :colbert:

Don't worry, I'm aware.

I'm actually typing this out wearing my Team Froakie shirt because I'm an idiot.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Honest Ray posted:

Don't worry, I'm aware.

I'm actually typing this out wearing my Team Froakie shirt because I'm an idiot.

:buddy: crisis averted!

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Xenomrph posted:

Absolutely. And in case you were wondering as I was where the images of the last 2 are, Toyworld just released this image. No images of the combined mode yet, though.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

Why? Scorn at the very least is one of the most satisfying molds in a long time, in both Dino and especially robot mode.

Like the only "downside" is the tail arm, and considering he is a dinosaur knight, it fits perfectly as a lance. He is one of the best deluxes in years, man.

Oh, I'm not arguing that he's not a good toy! I also never bought:
Galaxy Convoy
Titan Metroplex
Any variety of Skybyte
Any variety of Skywarp*
and I'm sure more than a few other must-owns. Those Predakings I posted pictures of, I wouldn't get even if they dropped to $50. It's not so much a question of "is the toy good or not", it's "do I like it enough to devote my discretionary funds and limited shelf space to it". And sometimes I don't.

*I figure if Gen Armada Starscream gets repainted as Skywarp, I'll get that.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Arsenal_12 posted:

Absolutely. And in case you were wondering as I was where the images of the last 2 are, Toyworld just released this image. No images of the combined mode yet, though.

The other two that have been released also look cook, but are they worth it for $60-$70? Or should I wait and hope BBTS puts them on clearance like they did with Aurora?

The Goon
Sep 11, 2001

Xenomrph posted:

The other two that have been released also look cook, but are they worth it for $60-$70? Or should I wait and hope BBTS puts them on clearance like they did with Aurora?

The left arm at the shoulder is pretty loose on my green jeep dude (can't ever remember 3p names), but apart from that both he and the red car are quintessential transformers figures. Well designed, engaging transformations and extremely rock solid. Highly recommended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie
Any word on whether Rise of the Dark Spark will be any good? I am expecting it to be closer to the Dark of the Moon game than either Cybertron game.