Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine why you'd be upset that they didn't want to speak to you again when they speak like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Nibbles141 posted:

Maybe it's just me but I can't imagine why you'd be upset that they didn't want to speak to you again when they speak like that.

maybe it's just me but I can't imagine why you wouldn't be able to understand how a massive ongoing family argument would upset someone

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost
^^^^^ (two posts up, whoops, too slow) I'm guessing they didn't normally act like an abusive rear end in a top hat until that particular meltdown.

Laocius posted:

Someone posted this on Twitter:

edit: Actually this is mostly just an old lady being crazy, it just kind of starts on Facebook.

Hoooly poo poo. I'm sorry. :(

My guess is that this person just "tried to be nice" and held poo poo in for years and years as those "misguided" grandchildren grew into their wrong opinions, and this was some kind of final straw that caused all that poo poo to pour out. It wasn't on Facebook, but I had a relative tear into me out of the blue one day. It wasn't as bad as this, but it was still a lot of "I've been sick of listening to this for years!" when they never said a word before that.

For less extreme entertainment:

I'm "Terry Torial", and can I just say that I love that Social Fixer chose "Ray Volver"?

The article posted was just pointing out that all these shooters are on meds and "makes you think, huh!?"
If you went to the original link and read to the bottom, you had to click through to "ammoland.com" to get to the full article.

Funny thing is, the full article went full-on :tinfoil: about CIA cover ups and government assassinations. When "Ray" called me on the phone just now, she was totally unaware. "Oh, I didn't read the whole thing. I just thought it was interesting, and there's obviously a connection!"
:ughh:
Everyone should be forced to take a statistics class in high school.

aas Bandit has a new favorite as of 18:01 on May 31, 2014

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

aas Bandit posted:

Hoooly poo poo. I'm sorry. :(

Oh, this didn't happen to me or anyone I know, I just found it on Twitter.

aas Bandit
Sep 28, 2001
Oompa Loompa
Nap Ghost

Laocius posted:

Oh, this didn't happen to me or anyone I know, I just found it on Twitter.

Oh good. :) Well...sort of. Still sucks to be them.

Finisher1
Feb 21, 2008

Laocius posted:

edit: Actually this is mostly just an old lady being crazy, it just kind of starts on Facebook.

This isn't even Idiots on Facebook anymore - this is getting into Literally Crazy People on Facebook territory.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride

Laocius posted:

Don't worry Nanna, I'm sure they'll put you in a nice free-market nursing home where they play fox news all day.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Why do people keep useless people on your facebooks if you actually use them? :iiam:

I just talk to real friends with google+ since that's what they use now and have people who might be useful on my facebook which I can safely ignore.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Filthy Haiku posted:

Don't worry Nanna, I'm sure they'll put you in a nice free-market nursing home where they play fox news all day.

Unless Nana has a prior history of outbursts like this, I'd say it's time to get her to a doctor. A friend of my mom's who was the sweetest lady for most of her life suddenly got really abusive and angry like this in her late sixties. Turned out it was the onset of Alzheimer's. :( Dementia often makes people behave with uncharacteristic aggressiveness.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

bonestructure posted:

Unless Nana has a prior history of outbursts like this, I'd say it's time to get her to a doctor. A friend of my mom's who was the sweetest lady for most of her life suddenly got really abusive and angry like this in her late sixties. Turned out it was the onset of Alzheimer's. :( Dementia often makes people behave with uncharacteristic aggressiveness.

Yeah I was going to say the same. If that did indeed come out of the blue, it's almost certainly a sign her mind is starting to go, and I mean that in a literal non-hyperbolic sense. My grandma's mind has been slipping the last few years and she's now at the point where she basically doesn't have inhibitions about what she says, she'll say the nastiest things to my mom or her nurses or whatever. :(

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Thank goodness for the death panels.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

What does this even mean?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

bonestructure posted:

That scares me because my grandpa has this idea my stepdad laughed in his face on my wedding day last year and because I had said there must have been some misunderstanding because my stepdad has a ton of respect for my grandpa (he's my bio dad's dad, but my bio dad died when I was a kid), my grandpa doesn't speak to me anymore. I think either the medication he takes for cancer is causing this or there's something else happening in his brain because he's never treated me that way ever, ever before and it breaks my heart, but he won't listen to me. :( Sorry to bring up my own crap, but that long post struck a nerve with me for that exact reason. I haven't had any insane outbursts like that but he's been really cold to me lately.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues

Laocius posted:

fuk u nan i do wat i want

Ana Lucia Cortez
Mar 22, 2008

Old people can be weird and rude. Last year at a family reunion thing, I put my 1-year-old down for a nap. My grandma kept barging in and waking her up. I tried to explain that she needs her nap, she'll be grumpy with it, and no fun to be around. My grandma was convinced that I was hiding her away because I hate our family and wanted to keep everyone from seeing her. :confused:

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
Thankfully I won't have to put up with the crazy grandparents as both sets of mine are dead.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
I don't have to deal with that kinda thing either, but while my grandparents are still alive on account of my family is notorious for crazy longevity on all sides, it's because they're just too apathetic to adopt modern technology. I mean, they aren't Luddites or anything; both my grandfathers still build CRTs for fun, but they're like :effort: about building a computer.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I only have one nasty grandparent and we talk all of three times a year and she sends me money on my birthdays, so it's not a bad arrangement. My other grandma is the Platonic ideal of the adorable old lady.

Lyz
May 22, 2007

I AM A GIRL ON WOW GIVE ME ITAMS
Grandparents can get pretty nasty out of the blue. My old, saintly Memere once wrote me a horribly mean letter in which she implied I wasn't thankful that my mother had survived her aunerysm, all because we were having a bit of a spat. What was the argument? My mother thought I was ignoring her on AIM because I had disabled the idle feature.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I guess since its grandparent chat now, half of mine got pretty bad dementia. My one living grandpa, after a family dinner, asked who the nice couple who joined us were. It was my brother and his wife.

So if I follow in my grandparent's footsteps, I will live to my mid-80s, but have a 50% chance of completely losing my mind.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:

Laocius posted:

never has the term "Obama derangement syndrome" been more appropriate.

Darkhold
Feb 19, 2011

No Heart❤️
No Soul👻
No Service🙅

Amused to Death posted:

never has the term "Obama derangement syndrome" been more appropriate.
My uncle has gone off the deep end about Obama. He's a workaholic and was actually hurting his own business because people would come in asking about his services and he'd just out of the blue go on an anti-Obama rant. It takes quite some doing in that area as well as it's a pretty big Republican stronghold.

He had a stroke a couple of weeks ago and as they were chatting with him on the lifeflight to a better hospital trying to keep him occupied and distracted one of the EMTs mentioned Obama and his blood pressure shot up so quickly they panicked and forbid discussion of politics for the rest of the flight.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?
My dad's mother stabbed my uncle (married to dad's sister), sued her husband's brother after her husband died and said he caused the death (not remotely), kept stealing bill/mortgage payments out of the mailbox (left for the mailman to pick up) so another sister lost her house, and a bunch of other insane poo poo. She also married a guy who stole all her money. We're the only ones that live a few states away from dad's family and now that she died a few years ago, the rest of them look much healthier and all get along.

Nibbles141 posted:

Maybe it's buried somewhere but rather then unfollowing a person I'm surprised there isn't an 'unfollow all shares from this person' option as that would cut down on a lot of trouble.

You can do that.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Laocius posted:

I read the other day that Obama's legacy will be bringing the crazies in America out of the woodwork, and you know, I think there's something to it.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I read the other day that Obama's legacy will be bringing the crazies in America out of the woodwork, and you know, I think there's something to it.

Maybe it's just a coincidence due to the rise of social media in the last few years, but yeah Obama's greatest achievement has got to be making seemingly normal folk reveal their true racist nature.

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

They were out during the Clinton years, and they'll go back into hiding the next time a Republican is in the White House eventually.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

The great thing about my grandma having Alz is her youngest son has discovered in the past few years what a tremendous rear end in a top hat she thinks he is :unsmith:

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
The reason Alzheimer's does that is mostly confusion on their part, and not restricting the afected's behaviour is a good way to help curb it. :science:

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Grrl Anachronism posted:

What does this even mean?

It's pretty clear to me I don't know about you

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

The thing the kid is chasing doesn't have a shadow, thus he's chasing ghosts.

It's super clear and obvious to everybody but you :smug:.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Farts are just ghosts of the food you eat. That kid needs to lay off the jellybeans.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

e: wasn't my image, came with a name, removed the name anyway

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 01:36 on Jun 1, 2014

Goosed it.
Nov 3, 2011

The name is super visible on that. But other than that, that is amazing.

Goosed it. has a new favorite as of 01:38 on Jun 1, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Are they an idiot, or a genius?

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Goosed it. posted:

The name is super visible on that.

Fixed, but it's still got the old image url in your quoted post :)

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Grrl Anachronism posted:

e: wasn't my image, came with a name, removed the name anyway

This is brilliant

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I thought my eyes broke at first.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I'm on my phone and that artifacting is visible. :psyduck:

angelfisher
Aug 15, 2011

Someone I know who's a bit of a nutter put this on her Facebook. "DO NOT PLAY 20 QUESTIONS WITH ME" is kind of strange since if you're going around wanting to educate people about issues, why wouldn't you accept questions coming from the supposed "oppressors"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

angelfisher posted:

Someone I know who's a bit of a nutter put this on her Facebook. "DO NOT PLAY 20 QUESTIONS WITH ME" is kind of strange since if you're going around wanting to educate people about issues, why wouldn't you accept questions coming from the supposed "oppressors"?

Tumblrites have this thing where "It's not my job to educate you!", and they figure they've done their job if they just scream "OFFENSIVE!"

• Locked thread