Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat_Cow
Dec 12, 2009

Every time I yank a jawbone from a skull and ram it into an eyesocket, I know I'm building a better future.

Mustang posted:

You're supposed to. The default setting in enblocal is a mere 2048. I had the same problem you had with FPS dropping in certain areas and during fights. This fixed it.

It's just the number for one setting but has a huge impact on performance. Anyone using enb should be able to change it to well over 2048. Pretty sure this part is mentioned in the instructions for most enb settings but I skipped it and spent a week or two wondering why my game ran like poo poo while having a GTX 770 and 8gb of RAM.

I meant, I never actually installed ENB, was that something I was suppose to grab?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Oooooh, no it's not something you need. If you have a good PC though it does make the game look much, much better.

I just thought it was what might be causing your problem since it sounded a lot like one I had earlier this year when I modded Skyrim.

If you get your problem worked out and your PC is pretty good I definitely recommend trying out one of the enb shaders in the OP. They're pretty easy to install/uninstall.

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Does anyone know if the Prospector perk in SPERG conflicts with Complete Crafting Overhauls's mining options? I'm noticing that my choices in CCO aren't actually doing anything, and I'm wondering if there's a conflict with SPERG. Is there a delay before the CCO settings come into effect?

The CCO settings have no effect if I have the perk or not, so it might be something else entirely.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Yeah, I can adjust the mining through CCO just fine despite SPERG butting in with its scripts. Something's fucky.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Is there a mod that will let me put a certain skill's progression bar on the main hud? I just want to watch how it levels without having to go up to the menu every time.

seorin
May 23, 2005

2 Sun's Dusk (Day 78)
Of the Seven Visions of Seven Trials of the Incarnate, I have now fulfilled the Fifth Trial.
It's been long enough that I've forgotten a lot of the weird poo poo I had to do to get things working, but I'm pretty sure SPERG doesn't edit any of the mining scripts. I use a mining mod myself, so I went out of my way to ensure SPERG could handle other mods messing with it in the most graceful way possible (which is about as graceful as a yeti trying to rollerskate, but you take what you can get).

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
It's been a year since I last played Skyrim, which I modded using MO. I'm starting over from a fresh install and am using MO 1.1.2. I have a Nexus ID and I've followed all the steps in the STEP Wiki to get it to handl NMM download links, yet it's still not handling the downloads. What am I missing?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Alasyre posted:

Does anyone know if the Prospector perk in SPERG conflicts with Complete Crafting Overhauls's mining options? I'm noticing that my choices in CCO aren't actually doing anything, and I'm wondering if there's a conflict with SPERG. Is there a delay before the CCO settings come into effect?

The CCO settings have no effect if I have the perk or not, so it might be something else entirely.

Found out what was wrong. CCO has to be lower than the Unofficial Patch in MO's installation order so that the mineorescript.psc script from USKP is overwritten. Just got 48 ore with the Prospector perk. :getin:

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

I got a pm from a user and got an email alert from the nexus with message. Then when I went to respond I noticed a difference. Can you spot it?

email posted:

I am currently in the middle of a reinstall of skyrim and have activated all my normal mods except those from loverslab. I am going to test Lootification now and see what happens.

pm posted:

I am currently in the middle of a reinstall of skyrim and have activated all my normal mods except those from *site not allowed*. I am going to test Lootification now and see what happens.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

It's been a year since I last played Skyrim, which I modded using MO. I'm starting over from a fresh install and am using MO 1.1.2. I have a Nexus ID and I've followed all the steps in the STEP Wiki to get it to handl NMM download links, yet it's still not handling the downloads. What am I missing?

Just wanted to follow up that I figured out it has something to do with Google Chrome not handling NXM links well. I'll followed steps to fix this, but to no avail. It appears I need to use Firefox for downloads through MO.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Anti-Hero posted:

Just wanted to follow up that I figured out it has something to do with Google Chrome not handling NXM links well. I'll followed steps to fix this, but to no avail. It appears I need to use Firefox for downloads through MO.

I use chrome and it works fine. Make sure you have MO set to imitate the latest version of NMM.

Herrvillain
Apr 13, 2008
Earlier today, I had my character sleep at CandleHearth. On exiting the inn into Windhelm, I heard that noise that female NPCs make when they die. I assumed it was a vampire attack that she couldn't escape from at first, but there was no fighting going on. I got out Detect Dead, and eventually found one NPC vampire added by "Interesting NPCs" and two corpses. One of them was under the steps leading to the keep, and one of them was under the Hall of the Dead or the Shrine of Talos. I had to disable part of the area and drop through to see who they were, and it turned out to be Viola under the shrine, and an Interesting NPC under the steps. I don't know how they got there, but I assume they somehow fell through, since several other NPCs did it on the steps after I disabled them. Some died, some grunted and survived. As far as I can tell, after reloading the save, there aren't any holes to fall through, but maybe the game just spawned them halfway clipped into the empty space or something.

After I found them under the city, I reloaded and brought them back around with prid, resurrect, moveto, so no real harm, as long as they weren't queued for disposal. I've had that happen before, where characters I resurrected disappeared into the corpse-heap abyss room later, and I had to go retrieve them.

I haven't installed anything new in months. I can't find much on a bug like this, aside from some early complaints that were never properly answered. Is anybody familiar with this? I also have a problem with gargoyles randomly appearing around me, even inside my houses. They sometimes disappear suddenly, occasionally through the floor, before I can kill them. It seems like bug creep, and I'm wondering if the game is about to decide that the deck is just a suggestion, and in a couple more hours of playing, every town will be an empty waste with a mass grave in its nether reaches, guarded by essential NPCs. Probably not, but it'd be a funny for about an hour, and then I'd have to start over.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Herrvillain posted:

(NPCs clipping problems.)

All I can imagine is that it had something to do with those particular steps. I do not know how to correct for that, sorry. :(

Anyhow, I have three mod mini-reviews, all three are by TrainWiz:

World Eater Beater
This mod has spoilers. loving deal with it. I'm going to spoiler out the new stuff WEB adds, but not any spoilers from the base game. C'mon, it's 2014. Beat the loving game already.

This is a mod that greatly overhauls the final battle with Alduin to be much more epic and intense, and almost completely succeeds! Now, I had a few issues with it, which I'll now go over in spoiler! Stage 1 and 5 are pretty much the original battle, but Alduin's abilities have been rather upgraded for them.

Stage 2: This stage of the battle, in Alduin's stomach, was a pretty neat concept, but all of the challenge of this stage is due to broken loving terrain, which I guess is to be expected since you're among the remains of previous kalpas eaten by Alduin. The enemies here are invulnerable, because you're supposed to go around and hit the flashing red sensitive bits, which appear in one of 4 or 5 random locations. It gets old really quickly. This was my least favorite part of the mod. I also had a poo poo-ton of FPS problems here, which got worse as this stage went on. That could easily be my computer, though.

Stage 3: My only real issue with this stage, where you're fighting a gigantic Alduin on a ring of land, is the same broken terrain. I mean, the broken terrain is to be expected, but it makes getting around kind of annoying. You need to FusRoDah the comet fragments left over after he shoots the huge ones at you, in case you get stuck.

Stage 4: This is actually my favorite stage, you're riding on gigantic Alduin's back, and you have to hit the same sort of Sensitive parts from Stage 2. I didn't have much trouble with this stage. My only real complaint is that it could really use a retexture, because it seemed really low-res when I was playing it.

In conclusion: In spite of my complaints, this mod was still a load of fun, and I highly recommend it.

Brhuce Hammar - Legacy

Bhruce Hammar is a powerful Telvanni mage lord who in no way, shape, or form gives even a single tiny poo poo. He is sarcastic and abrasive, and quite often breaks the fourth wall.

This mod doesn't just add Bhruce as a follower, but also adds several unique quests: Unlock the secrets of a dwemer space station, explore a few small pocket realms of Oblivion, fight off an alien invasion.

Oh, and fight Kaiju in your own giant robot in the Pacific SkyRim quest.

This mod is pretty loving good, and actually funny as hell (as opposed to wacky monkey-cheese non-funny.) It pokes fun at Skyrim, the Nexus, and itself.

The only issue I had with the mod was the Dwemer Space Station quest: The search for the energy cores gets old loving quick. I honestly just TCL'ed through a good portion of the maze. Hint: THe energy cores are at the very top of one of the sleeping quarter rooms, and at the very bottom of engineering. TCL man, TCL.

In conclusion: I highly recommend this mod.

Aethernautics- A Space Travel Mod

Honestly, I really wanted to like this mod. However, it really feels, at the core, unfinished. The massive dungeon you explore feels really empty and sparse, the ship you get is mostly nonfunctional (and there are several places on the main thouroughfare where you can get stuck with no way to escape other than the console), and there are a lot of places it really could have used some polish. The description notes that TrainWiz knocked this one out in 2 weeks, and I wish he'd spent more time on it, because it really is a wonderful idea.

In conclusion: I cannot recommend this mod.

Agents are GO! fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jun 1, 2014

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009
Anyone tried Destroy the Thieves Guild?

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Anyone have a suggested way to switch my Skyrim install to another drive so it doesn't screw my mods up? I'm out of room on my SSD.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

KingKapalone posted:

Anyone have a suggested way to switch my Skyrim install to another drive so it doesn't screw my mods up? I'm out of room on my SSD.

Google "moving my steam install." Don't forget to verify game files, that also updates the registry keys other programs use to find your skyrim install.

Anyhow, hey Lt. Smash:

You have any idea on a fix for the Circlet of Waterbreathing bug going on with the USKP 2.0.4 and Lootification?

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, hey Lt. Smash:

You have any idea on a fix for the Circlet of Waterbreathing bug going on with the USKP 2.0.4 and Lootification?

Oh christ of course its the uskp that broke it. I saw comments about that but figured someone broke their own install. Guess I need to see what it hosed did this time.

uskp changelog posted:

All changes to the default sleep packages relating to dialogue flags have been reverted due to causing all conversations the affected NPCs have to stop working. (Bug #15648)

arthmoor posted:

When we report an issue as being fixed, it's been fixed.

4. The releases made here are not "beta quality". They aren't betas at all. They have been tested. They are known to work.
:nexus:

LtSmash fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Jun 1, 2014

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Agents are GO! posted:

The description notes that TrainWiz knocked this one out in 2 weeks, and I wish he'd spent more time on it, because it really is a wonderful idea.

In conclusion: I cannot recommend this mod.
While he was on medication, after getting bone grafts and de-appendixed. A truly Kirkbridian feat.

It was also one of the first mods he made for Skyrim, iirc.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

The Mad Archivist posted:

While he was on medication, after getting bone grafts and de-appendixed. A truly Kirkbridian feat.

It was also one of the first mods he made for Skyrim, iirc.

As I said, I really wish he'd go back and polish it, because it's a wonderful idea. Hell, all his other Skyrim mods are great (Except I've given up on Fyr Manor because of the "have to reload to interact with it" bug :( )

LtSmash posted:

Oh christ of course its the uskp that broke it. I saw comments about that but figured someone broke their own install. Guess I need to see what it hosed did this time.

:nexus:

It's one entry: LItemEnchCircletEnchanting [LVLI:00107347]

He added a circlet of waterbreathing to it, and apparently that makes Lootification decide EVERYONE needs a Circlet of Waterbreathing, and nothing else.

I deleted that entry from my copy of the USKP, so I might have the exact levelled list wrong, load it up in TES5Edit and see what refers to Circlet of Waterbreathing, there's only the one if you only have the USKP + Skyrim.esm loaded.

Edit: I should note, deleting that Levelled List from the USKP seems to have completely fixed the problem. Maybe you could just hardcode Lootification to ignore it? :)

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Not USKPs fault this time.

At one point I couldn't get skyproc to make new leveled lists correctly but it was able to duplicate an existing list just fine. So I grabbed an empty list and just copied it when I needed one and set it up as needed always meaning to go back and fix it or at least change it to be a new CK made list from my own plugin. But eventually I forgot about it and nothing bad ever came of it. Guess what list the USKP just added the circlet of waterbreating to fix potential holes in loot tables?

Welp. Packing and uploading a new version which I think doesn't run BOSS to boot.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

LtSmash posted:

Not USKPs fault this time.

At one point I couldn't get skyproc to make new leveled lists correctly but it was able to duplicate an existing list just fine. So I grabbed an empty list and just copied it when I needed one and set it up as needed always meaning to go back and fix it or at least change it to be a new CK made list from my own plugin. But eventually I forgot about it and nothing bad ever came of it. Guess what list the USKP just added the circlet of waterbreating to fix potential holes in loot tables?

Welp. Packing and uploading a new version which I think doesn't run BOSS to boot.

That's actually pretty hilarious. In addition, I'd gotten 3 or 4 PMs about it because I posted my lootifications on the nexus, I'd assumed they'd PM'd you too.

I was almost evil enough to suggest they PM Arthmoor.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

Agents are GO! posted:

That's actually pretty hilarious. In addition, I'd gotten 3 or 4 PMs about it because I posted my lootifications on the nexus, I'd assumed they'd PM'd you too.

I was almost evil enough to suggest they PM Arthmoor.
Yeah that was a pretty good dawning horror of my own undoing. What the... Armor and weapon lists? Oh no. Oh god.

There were a few posts in the lootification thread but the only pm I got was about the sex mods not working which also mentioned the circlets.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Yeah the sex mods thing was faintly hilarious. I think it'd be hilarious to deliberately add a routine that bugged out with mods with certain words in the ESP name. Like "Sex." :P

Anyhow, since I have your ear, any progress on the ASIS Cell Exclusion bug?

Also, an ASIS suggestion: Possibly make AutomaticPerks opt-in, like AutomaticSpells is, rather than opt-out. I just went and basically cut-and-pasted my Plugins.txt into AutomaticPerks because it was giving NPCs some very odd perks that made them hilariously impossible. :|

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

This is fairly specific but are there any mods that give you some mechanism for arranging swag in your home in a way that they won't glitch and fly apart from time to time when the area loads?

Primarily what I'd like is to make the various workshop areas look like furnished workshops: ingot stacks, baskets of alchemical ingredients, bowls of gems, that type of thing.

The idea came from adding books and notes to a bookshelf container, then seeing them all plop them neatly lined up on the shelf. Not actually sure if that's vanilla functionality or some mod does it.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

"We Must Dissent"

the yeti posted:

This is fairly specific but are there any mods that give you some mechanism for arranging swag in your home in a way that they won't glitch and fly apart from time to time when the area loads?

Primarily what I'd like is to make the various workshop areas look like furnished workshops: ingot stacks, baskets of alchemical ingredients, bowls of gems, that type of thing.

The idea came from adding books and notes to a bookshelf container, then seeing them all plop them neatly lined up on the shelf. Not actually sure if that's vanilla functionality or some mod does it.

I think there are some things like general stores that add display case style storage for non-book items. There is also one of grimy's mods but I'm not sure if its skytweak or another one that you can do fine grain manipulation of items and then lock them in place. Build stairs out of ingots and then walk up them!

Agents are GO! posted:

Anyhow, since I have your ear, any progress on the ASIS Cell Exclusion bug?

Also, an ASIS suggestion: Possibly make AutomaticPerks opt-in, like AutomaticSpells is, rather than opt-out. I just went and basically cut-and-pasted my Plugins.txt into AutomaticPerks because it was giving NPCs some very odd perks that made them hilariously impossible. :|

Uh kinda forgot about that. I think I've got it fixed but have to test. Switching to opt in would probably be a good idea, I'll think on it. I'm adding the NPC enchantment fix stuff to asis and remembering how much of a mess some of my code is and mulling a general solution that doesn't make me want to kill myself. Hopefully I'll at least get bugfixes up by tonight.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

the yeti posted:

That's vanilla, one of my favorite features. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure Grimy's Utilities has the ability to accurately place clutter, google it cuz it's not on the nexus.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

the yeti posted:

You can fine-tune an item's position via the GetPos, SetPos, GetAngle & SetAngle console commands.
As long as your placement doesn't have the item floating or clipping into another model's hitbox, they won't fly around.
Important thing to remember is that if you want to place an item, you need to drop the item on the ground, exit and re-enter the room and then start placing it. If you don't do that, often the game will reset the item's position to where it fell out of your inventory the next time room loads.

Raygereio fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Jun 1, 2014

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

There's also Jaxonz Positioner for decoration. It lets you move and rotate objects, and best of all lock them in place so you don't get a physics explosion next time you sneeze. Also you can rebind all the keys which is nice.

No idea how I never came across it earlier.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strategic Tea posted:

There's also Jaxonz Positioner for decoration. It lets you move and rotate objects, and best of all lock them in place so you don't get a physics explosion next time you sneeze. Also you can rebind all the keys which is nice.

No idea how I never came across it earlier.

:aaa:
I wish it was controller compatable, and also I don't have a full-size keyboard so I don't have a number pad. Still, looks useful enough to deal with the inconvenience of having to remap everything or steal borrow a keyboard from work for a house decorating session.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Awesome, thanks guys! I will look into these suggestions. I didn't know about the drop-exit-enter-place sequence either, that'll probably be a help.

Mortabis
Jul 8, 2010

I am stupid
Is there a mod that lets me hold shields in my right hand? I've been avoiding two-handed weapon/sword+shield characters forever for want of a southpaw option.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
Just put up FCO 1.3 - an odd little update. It adds the globals to let non-follower spouses make FCO idles, as well as let the user restrict idling to their current followers (instead of all potential followers). It also fully assimilates the vanilla idles that shipped with Skyrim into FCO's system completely. These options can be set from within the console, but not the MCM.

Which leads into my next point: if you include an MCM in your mod, how did you handle versioning (i.e., how did you set up the MCM to detect whether an earlier version is installed, and update itself accordingly)? I'm a complete newb at MCMs and set up FCO's on the seat of my pants, more or less. I'm pretty sure SPERG was pretty hassle-free when it came to updates post-MCM - you just slot in the new version and it cleaned house on everything on its own - and that's more or less what I'm going for here. I want to minimize the need for clean-save updates, going forward, as much as humanly possible, and if I can even accomplish that with this initial MCM update that would be grand.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Is there any mods that add just the non-enchanted versions of the college robes? I just want to enchant them myself with something a little more useful if possible.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
They are in the base game. IIRC, the restoration expert in the college was a fairly reliable source of them. Purchase them from her.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I've been playing with ASIS for a while now, and I like it... but holy gently caress how do I exclude Ash Shell from the lists? loving EVERY SPELLCASTER I COME ACROSS has loving Ash Shell, and invariably spams it with reckless aplomb. Fights against mages are just "Charge -> get hit by ash shell -> stare at my paralyzed husk for 15 seconds -> stand up -> get hit by ash shell again -> punch the loving monitor".

I'm running out of monitors.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
I am having trouble with onetweak. It's supposed to make an ini for configuration when you boot skyrim and it has done this. It then summarily ignores it. I am using mod organizer and running skse_loader. I tried installing it in MO and it generated the ini then ignored it. I tried installing it manually in the data directory as directed, at which point it made the ini and ignored it. All other SKSE fuinctionality seems to be in order so it's probably not that.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
My Labyrinthian Tribune is suddenly filled with two or three dragons. I don't mean the skeletal dragon that's supposed to be there on the first map, I mean glitchy flying-through-the-walls outside-type dragons. I assume this is an ASIS glitch? How would I prevent this from happening?

Alasyre
Apr 6, 2009

Iunnrais posted:

My Labyrinthian Tribune is suddenly filled with two or three dragons. I don't mean the skeletal dragon that's supposed to be there on the first map, I mean glitchy flying-through-the-walls outside-type dragons. I assume this is an ASIS glitch? How would I prevent this from happening?

Are you running Deadly Dragons?

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Yes. Usually Deadly Dragons will say something like "Beginning Assault" in the upper left corner though, and I've never had them spawn dragons underground...

It's possible though. I'll go back to an earlier save and disable assaults for a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Xik posted:

They are in the base game. IIRC, the restoration expert in the college was a fairly reliable source of them. Purchase them from her.

Interesting because the wiki says the contrary. The items are in the game just not sold by any merchants. I'll check her out though.

EDIT: Upon further study, I guess I should have clarified and said I am looking for the mantled college robes instead. Both the wikia and uesp say they are not in the game except through console.

BAILOUT MCQUACK! fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 2, 2014

• Locked thread