Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

xNarUtoRKOrton420x posted:

Minus the Tyler Breeze part, yeah this basically. Slow to start, really picked up once it started going, but it fell apart after the botch near the end. Still enjoyed it well enough for me to say it was a HM.

Actually I honestly forget, was it this match or the Neville/Kidd match that had the rest spot where both people where taken to outside the ring only for both of them to get in just before ten... only to then start a new ten count as both where layed out on the mat, that was a wierd one.

Pretty sure that was Kidd/Neville as I recall it gave me a great opportunity to take a midmatch pissbreak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

HM: Charlotte vs Natalya.

HM: Kidd vs Neville.

Agreeing with these. Charlotte/Natalya was the best match on the show imo

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Joey McChrist posted:

Agreeing with these. Charlotte/Natalya was the best match on the show imo

I agree. There was a bit that was awkward but given how green Charlotte is and her biggest strength is her athleticism that was a really impressive match. It wasn't the kind of match I expected would play to that strength. Not that Charlotte hasn't been good, but that was a big step up.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Kevino07 posted:

HM: Tyler Breeze vs Sami Zayn, NXT Takeover 5/29
MOTYC: Natalya vs. Charlotte, NXT Takeover 5/29
HM: Tyson Kidd vs. Adrian Neville, NXT Takeover 5/29
Came here to post exactly this myself. Yes to all of these.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

WMOTYC: The Ascension vs El Local and Kalisto.

Okay, I went back and watched this as I hit fast-forward the first time I saw El Local pop up on my screen.

This is piss. A lovely squash on a show where you're supposed to be showcasing these people and making us want to tune in. Then the one really talented guy isn't allowed to do anything, only hot tagging in the fat, out-of-shape guy to do bad lucha spots and get lariated. I laughed at how bad Ricardo was, but ultimately this just wound up making me not want to see any of them again. 2nd the WMOTYC nod

Joey McChrist fucked around with this message at 23:38 on May 30, 2014

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

njsykora posted:

HM: Natalya vs Charlotte - NXT Takeover

Agreed. What a shock, give female wrestlers time and let them actually wrestle a match with a real story behind it and they deliver the goods as well if not better than the male wrestlers do.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Jerusalem posted:

Agreed. What a shock, give female wrestlers time and let them actually wrestle a match with a real story behind it and they deliver the goods as well if not better than the male wrestlers do.
Can't wait for Charlotte to be brought to the main roster where she's given rushed, sloppy 3 minute matches that end in roll-ups and have so many missed spots because of the high pressure/no reward and politics of the Bella Twins to remain the most over. Oh! And don't forget the multi-girl Diva cluster-fucks that involve 8+ women in the same 3 minutes!

The Diva's division is so much like the Tag Team division, until someone's willing to actually sit down and commit programming time to it, the Divas aren't going to be over, and they aren't going to be putting on good matches without any heat. Paige is a great wrestler and has 0 heat.

NXT is a great place for a lot of superstars because just about everyone's over there.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 31, 2014

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
Yep. The best part about the tag division is that people seriously think it's back for like 2 weeks per year. I get a good laugh every time.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
To be fair the tag division WAS pretty good for a few weeks last year when it was being given a good amount of focus.

I'll say HM for all three of the NXT matches people gave a poo poo about, and I'd consider all 3 on the verge of being MotYC candidates. The insanely hot NXT crowd makes the event into a really fun one for the last hour plus.

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

I'm gonna vote Natalya v Charlotte as a MOTYC-- best women's match I've ever seen.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

Teddybear posted:

I'm gonna vote Natalya v Charlotte as a MOTYC-- best women's match I've ever seen.

You should probably watch some '90s AJW.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...
HM: Sheamus vs Cesaro

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

YEah, HM. I could give it a MOTY if not for the ending

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

3rd

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Eh, really fun solid match but missing something IMO for an HM. Maybe if the crowd was hotter for more than just the swing.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

HM: Sheamus vs Cesaro, 6/1/14 Payback 2014

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

Yeah, if the ending weren't so disappointing, I'd say it might be a MOTYC.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

HM: Sheamus vs Cesaro, WWE Payback 6/1

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I thought it was a pretty good match but I'm surprised to hear it getting this much praise, let alone talk of being borderline MOTY.

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

I Before E posted:

Yeah, if the ending weren't so disappointing, I'd say it might be a MOTYC.

Yup

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I thought it was a pretty good match but I'm surprised to hear it getting this much praise, let alone talk of being borderline MOTY.

Well, it's certainly open to debate, and I'm going to say that a fair part of my vote is my being a big Cesaro mark.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MOTYC: Cena vs Bray Wyatt Last Man Standing at Payback 2014.

Had no business being as good as it was, but it was really loving good!

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
MOTYC: John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt, 6/1 WWE Payback

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Jerusalem posted:

yeah

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Was an HM for me but yeah sure. It was real awesome.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

On board with this

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, THat good.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Yep, nth'ing this. Some of those spots where my god amazing.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Karmine posted:

Was an HM for me but yeah sure. It was real awesome.

2nd HM.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

3rd HM here. Good feud ender.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

John Cena is the king of Last Man Standing matches.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

HM: Shield vs Evolution Elimination Match at Payback 2014

Not quite as good as I'd hoped, but plenty of great moments and absolutely the right ending.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
HM: Shield vs. Evolution, 6/1 WWE Payback

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Shield buried Evolution, wmoty

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Jerusalem posted:

Not quite as good as I'd hoped, but plenty of great moments and absolutely the right ending.

I agree. Really good match.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Nth

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
MOTY: Shield vs. Evolution WWE Payback

What a lot of people won't take away from it is that the Shield vs. Evolution feud is essentially a matchup between two teams that have a deep understanding of how Southern Style Tag Team Matches worked. Tonight was the culmination of that, and that whole Evolution heat segment was textbook "get the crowd to want to murder you" work. The brief, and amazing overcoming of the odds by the Shield hearkened back to the Von Erichs, and honestly was the best way to do that match.

A real classic, and even better than the preceding bout.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Matlock posted:

What a lot of people won't take away from it is that the Shield vs. Evolution feud is essentially a matchup between two teams that have a deep understanding of how Southern Style Tag Team Matches worked. Tonight was the culmination of that, and that whole Evolution heat segment was textbook "get the crowd to want to murder you" work. The brief, and amazing overcoming of the odds by the Shield hearkened back to the Von Erichs, and honestly was the best way to do that match.

second. Awesome, awesome match.

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.

Jerusalem posted:

Yep. Good match, but the beatdown kinda dragged.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Matlock posted:

Supporting this

• Locked thread