Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marley Wants More
Oct 22, 2005

woof

FrozenVent posted:

What that guy meant was probably "thickly accented", because it's hard to gently caress up "gently caress you" otherwise.

I think what he meant was "You understand the guy that mouthed off to me was a damned foreigner, right?" but, content:

http://www.tickld.com/x/i-wish-this-man-was-my-father-hes-hilarious

(I don't think he's hilarious, I think he's kind of an rear end in a top hat, but whatever)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
That was just on the last page.

Edit for content:

quote:

I am a former Subway Employee and I feel your pain dude.

No, you can't have your sandwich exactly like in the image shown. I want to look like Brad Pitt, but being a guy with a similar build and similar haircut still does not make me Brad Pitt.

My best story was when some bitch came in to order a BLT. Now, we are supposed to ask every single person if they want cheese, and she tried being a bitch saying, "BLT! Bacon, Lettuce, Tomato! What is so hard about that". So I gave her a "the gently caress" look and then put bacon on her sandwich.

When I got to the side with the vegetables, she started saying what she wanted on the sandwich, and I just put some lettuce and tomato on the sandwich, rolled it up in the paper and started ringing her up.

She started bitching at me about something that I wasn't paying attention to, but it was about the fact that she could not pick what I put on her sandwich and she was getting very loud and my only response was, "Bacon, lettuce, tomato. You are right, that is not hard. That will be 5.99"

Hey, she made it very, VERY clear that she just wanted bacon, lettuce and tomato, so that is what she got.

ibntumart has a new favorite as of 00:20 on Jun 1, 2014

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Noyemi K posted:

Just about everything. And the person who posted this has a habit of posting this kind of STDH stories found on poo poo like 9gag (this was found on tickld or whatever the gently caress it was called).

It's from the tumblr of a crazy teenage girl who believes she captures pictures of ghosts beside her on the webcam from the macs in her school computer lab and that her friends can summon demons or ghosts or some bullshit. Pretty much nothing she says is believable.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

FrozenVent posted:

What that guy meant was probably "thickly accented", because it's hard to gently caress up "gently caress you" otherwise.

I blow you, motherbitch!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Grrl Anachronism posted:

It's from the tumblr of a crazy teenage girl who believes she captures pictures of ghosts beside her on the webcam from the macs in her school computer lab and that her friends can summon demons or ghosts or some bullshit. Pretty much nothing she says is believable.

I can believe high school dudes being dicks, but nothing after that bit rang true to me. Though I will admit the phrasing "This is the epitome of a misogyny!" made me laugh: it reminded me of the awesome Not Always Right story generator.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Farmland Park posted:

quote:

I spent about a minute beating a man into submission on the sidewalk today- in full-view of an onlooking crowd in Tianhe Guangzhou.
IN BROKEN ENGLISH.
And then I fled the scene quickly. I'm on the train back to Kowloon now

Here's what bothers me: this event supposedly happened in loving China. Why is it so enraging that the dude had the audacity to not speak English as their first language?

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

titties posted:

I blow you, motherbitch!

I didn't see the bit about it being in China so I had a distinctive Borat voice in my head saying "you gently caress my mother, I eat your poo poo!"

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

ibntumart posted:

That was just on the last page.

(Sandwich story)

poo poo that happened, today I went to a Chic-fil-a, and when I got my spicy chicken deluxe, it looked exactly like the picture. It was the Brad Pitt of chicken sandwiches. I'm not that douche that takes pictures of his food, but the thing looked loving sexy. Thick, dark lettuce, and these tomato slices where perfectly circular, like half an inch thick. The chicken itself was like two shades darker than golden brown, and the pepper check cheese looked Like it came from a deli. It was kinda hard to start eating it.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Grrl Anachronism posted:

In the last thread, there were several pages posted about this woman who believed she had a relationship with Michael Hutchence and how they were secretly behind all the pop hits of the past 20/30 years. Like she would post about how her and Michael were hanging around Tori Amos and a glass broke and Michael said it would be cool if you could unbreak it and that led her to suggest the song "Unbreak My Heart," which became a hit for Tori. She posted stuff like that all the time, all unironically. I mean it was sad because she was obviously delusional, but it was like a STDH event horizon or something.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Are you sure it's the same girl? This one is like 17 or 18, so not sure if she'd be claiming to date Hutchence or influence music -10 years before her birth, but I'd REALLY like to read the crazy you're talking about.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

Seventh Arrow posted:

In the last thread, there were several pages posted about this woman who believed she had a relationship with Michael Hutchence and how they were secretly behind all the pop hits of the past 20/30 years. Like she would post about how her and Michael were hanging around Tori Amos and a glass broke and Michael said it would be cool if you could unbreak it and that led her to suggest the song "Unbreak My Heart," which became a hit for Tori. She posted stuff like that all the time, all unironically. I mean it was sad because she was obviously delusional, but it was like a STDH event horizon or something.

That would be Amy Lee, and she is a wonderful font of stdh.txt

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
The "I wrote all music" lady is called Amy Lee. Here you go.

Or just listen to the F Plus episode.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

Noyemi K posted:

Saw this poo poo in my facebook feed today.

Yeah someone on imgur doxxed this and proved it was bullshit. Unfortunately I couldn't find the image where they broke it down.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Action-Bastard posted:

Yeah someone on imgur doxxed this and proved it was bullshit. Unfortunately I couldn't find the image where they broke it down.

Not to mention a guy having the courage to feel a girl up out in the open in a crowded cafeteria where she can cry out and get attention called to them. Something was just off to me. I've been molested by peers in highschool, and I can tell you I was too frightened to bring up poo poo like rape culture like it's a loving debate.

The friend who shared this claims to dislike SJWs but she's pretty much borderline, and it saddens me that she'd believe events such as this actually happened.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
My favorite line in that entire stdh post is "This is the epitome of a misogyny."

Facepalm Ranger
Jan 17, 2012

SOME PEOPLE FIND HOME APPLIANCES SEXUALLY AROUSING! ZORDS ARE NOT APPLIANCES, DAMMIT!

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

poo poo that happened, today I went to a Chic-fil-a, and when I got my spicy chicken deluxe, it looked exactly like the picture. It was the Brad Pitt of chicken sandwiches. I'm not that douche that takes pictures of his food, but the thing looked loving sexy. Thick, dark lettuce, and these tomato slices where perfectly circular, like half an inch thick. The chicken itself was like two shades darker than golden brown, and the pepper check cheese looked Like it came from a deli. It was kinda hard to start eating it.

I know this pain. I've had look like the picture two times before at McDonald's and subway. Step yo game up BK!

Thing that pisses me off about subway is when they tear the roof of the bread after cutting it open. Every time I look at them thinking "really? You had to tear it like a packet of crisps. You dick". As it can cause the sandwich to fall apart very easily, or get messy easily. Luckily now I'm in china where I've only ever seen two subways.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

AlbieQuirky posted:

The "I wrote all music" lady is called Amy Lee. Here you go.

Or just listen to the F Plus episode.

Is this like, the real Amy Lee, lead singer of Evanescence, or someone pretending to be her, or what the gently caress?

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx

WickedHate posted:

Is this like, the real Amy Lee, lead singer of Evanescence, or someone pretending to be her, or what the gently caress?

No relation, just a really crazy lady.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Afraid of Audio posted:

No relation, just a really crazy lady.

Ah, I'm listening to the podcast and just got to the "The lead singer of Evanescence uses my name as a stage name". :stonk:

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy

WickedHate posted:

Ah, I'm listening to the podcast and just got to the "The lead singer of Evanescence uses my name as a stage name". :stonk:

Thanks for this. I had forgotten about her.

My favorite is her explanation to someone who asks her about naming the band "Queen".

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

quote:

I judged the 'German Workers' Party' no differently. When Feder finally stopped talking, I was happy. I had seen enough and wanted to leave when the free discussion period, which was now announced, moved me to remain, after all. But here, too everything seemed to run along insignificantly until suddenly a 'professor' took the floor; he first questioned the soundness of Feder's arguments and then-after Feder replied very well- suddenly appealed to 'the facts,' but not without recommending most urgently that the young party take up the 'separation' of Bavaria from 'Prussia' as a particularly important programmatic point. With bold effrontery the man maintained that in this case German-Austria would at once join Bavaria, that the peace would then become much better, and more similar nonsense. At this point I could not help demanding the floor and giving the learned gentleman my opinion on this point-with the result that the previous speaker, even before I was finished, left the hall like a wet poodle. As I spoke, the audience had listened with astonished faces, and only as I was beginning to say good night to the assemblage and go away did a man come leaping after me, introduce himself (I had not quite understood his name), and press a little booklet into my hand, apparently a political pamphlet, with the urgent request that I read it.
Anyone willing to clean this up a little and submit to Not Always Mein Kampf?

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
With bold effrontery, the professor said

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Wow. Maybe she should sue Rowlings for something.

http://michaelhutchenceandme.wordpress.com/creating-harry-potter/

Every hit song, movie, TV show or book was written by/about/for her.

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

Jealous Much?! posted:

Before I start, you need to know a bit about me. Even though I’m a Chinese through and through, my surname was one of the rarer ones which sounded a lot like a Japanese word. Hence I’ve had my fair share of people assuming as such.

Classes just changed and there was this new student. He wasn’t shy of letting known his interests in anime and all things otaku, and openly shared it with everyone. It was long before he started spouting nonsense. One of which was how he was of mixed race, and was 1/8 Japanese. No one bought it, but someone had to mention me.

Almost immediately when he heard of my name, he’d started acting aggressive towards me. Every time we’d come across each other he’d give a angry glare at me. Things got more serious when he would approach me and challenge my knowledge on all things Japanese. Slowly it picked at my patience.

The last straw came when he’d loudly and publicly mocked me for my name, claiming “You’re not a real Japanese, I’d bet you’d change your name just to feel like one!”

I snapped back at him “Well excuse me?! I don’t remember giving you permission to criticize my name. At least some people don’t even need to pretend being an Asian! Mixed-Japanese my rear end…” The whole class applauded at the moment (he wasn’t well liked). Upset and humiliated, he stormed out the class.

Thankfully after that, he’d started missing classes and eventually we were told he transferred out to another school. We were glad to see him gone. Good riddance.

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.
How weak are some of these revenge fantasies that they think a single weak burn can run someone out of town?

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Not just run them out of town, but prompt applause/marriage from onlookers.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

There's no possible way that a strange man screwing around with a young girl will create unwanted attention. Now way it could ever go wrong.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Bonapartisan posted:

Thanks for this. I had forgotten about her.

My favorite is her explanation to someone who asks her about naming the band "Queen".

I missed that one. But her insistence that no one heard things like "Bohemian Rhapsody" before 1983 is beyond absurd.

Of all the things she says, I do believe one. I believe she was really raped, probably by her stepbrother and his friends. And I think that broke her so badly that she's lived in her little fantasy land with Michael Hutchence ever since.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

Khazar-khum posted:

There's no possible way that a strange man screwing around with a young girl will create unwanted attention. Now way it could ever go wrong.
I think that's why he added that line about looking for the parents first although instead of making it more believable it just made it even creepier.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

jodai posted:

I think that's why he added that line about looking for the parents first although instead of making it more believable it just made it even creepier.

Major red flags: Telling stories where they say "I checked to make sure their parents weren't around first".

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Khazar-khum posted:

Wow. Maybe she should sue Rowlings for something.

http://michaelhutchenceandme.wordpress.com/creating-harry-potter/

Every hit song, movie, TV show or book was written by/about/for her.

Apparently she created James Cameron???!? :psyduck:
http://michaelhutchenceandme.wordpress.com/2013/09/16/james-cameron/

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Plus "Alien". That movie didn't really come out in 1979, you see. It only came out when she says it did, post 1983.

Adnachiel
Oct 21, 2012

She also wrote Sailor Moon. Did you know that Freddie Mercury's stage name (which she also came up with) was part of the inspiration for the space theme? Neither did I.
https://michaelhutchenceandme.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/sailor-moon/

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
She tries to take credit for Biodome of all things. Why? Why would you want people to think you wrote Biodome?

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Lareine posted:

She tries to take credit for Biodome of all things. Why? Why would you want people to think you wrote Biodome?

You know how when you cheat at gambling, you throw a few small bets to make it look like you're just lucky? It's like that.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
So does this lady just have raging schizophrenia or what?

Bad Roy
Jan 29, 2008

Animals are like humans, always being dicks.
My new favourite claim of Amy Lee's is that Michael Hutchence was 4'10 and had the official height limit for dwarfism changed as part of his conspiracy to pretend he was tall. Good God.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Amy Lee reads like Borjes' 'Tlön, Uqbar, Orbis Tertius', only with people that also exist in our world. It's art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Okay, *I* refuse to believe this is anything other than a lovely troll. No one could (or should) think they can tell lies like these and still be taken seriously.

• Locked thread