Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Marie's dungeon exit was set up by Margaret.

There is a point in P4 where Teddie goes missing and they go in and out of the TV World to look for him without actually explaining how they're getting back out but I guess you're just to assume he leaves the exit up at all times by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I'm in the big white dungeon of SMT1 after Thor blows up the world. So Law and Chaos heroes just rejoined me, but I didn't have them for so long so their gear totally sucks now. AND I have no money. I haven't had to grind for levels at all yet, but money is freaking scarce in this game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

Marie's dungeon exit was set up by Margaret.

There is a point in P4 where Teddie goes missing and they go in and out of the TV World to look for him without actually explaining how they're getting back out but I guess you're just to assume he leaves the exit up at all times by then.

That's actually mentioned in Arena where Yosuke had Teddie leave the TVs out in case one of them fell into a TV while half asleep.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yeah but that's way after the fact and the others are surprised by it.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

Junpei is literally a rapist. It's hosed up, but it's true.

What scene brought you to this conclusion? I recently finished the game and I don't remember anything like that.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Unmature posted:

I'm in the big white dungeon of SMT1 after Thor blows up the world. So Law and Chaos heroes just rejoined me, but I didn't have them for so long so their gear totally sucks now. AND I have no money. I haven't had to grind for levels at all yet, but money is freaking scarce in this game.

You didn't actually ask a question, but I think a bit of advice might save you some frustration. I think the only way to get money in Kongokai is through demon negotiations, so I hope you have decent INT. Then again, you don't really need money there except to heal and summon demons; after you've got them online, you should just focus on MAG. There are no shops in that dungeon, anyway.

If either of your heroes is built up as a mage, you shouldn't need gear so much. With a mostly Magic build, my Law hero one-shot anything with Zan/Maha-Zan and two/three-shot bosses. If they aren't, well, they're extra meatshields at least.

Also, don't bother grinding for money in Kongokai except to summon demons. Any surplus is going to be wasted after you exit.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

epitasis posted:

everything is poo poo when you're part of a SEES

Every day sucks at your Junes.

Unmature posted:

Before going to speak to Thorman, I always spend all my money on the really expensive-but-kinda-crappy swords you can get before then. Then when you wake up post-apocalypse, you just sell off all the stuff you've been hoarding. Congratulations, you now have more money than you would normally.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Hunt11 posted:

What scene brought you to this conclusion? I recently finished the game and I don't remember anything like that.
He was referencing someone who said Junpei is convicted of sex crimes or some poo poo.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

in the female protag's route Junpei gets super freaked out when a dude takes picture of the female protag, even though they're completely innocent ones, and starts getting worried about her because what if the dude gets creepier. He even offers to walk her home.

In the rapey tier listing he's like D tier at best.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Junpei Iori raped and killed a girl in 2009.

Don Gato
Apr 28, 2013

Actually a bipedal cat.
Grimey Drawer

Freak Futanari posted:

Junpei Iori raped and killed a girl in 2009.

In the criminal justice system, sexually based offenses are considered especially heinous. In Tatsumi Port Island, the dedicated teenagers who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad known as SEES. These are their stories. :doink:

siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.
That was fast.

English-subbed Margaret PQ Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6q3nNqDLEE

The_Frag_Man
Mar 26, 2005

siotle posted:

I like this game more and more the more I see of it. I really want to play it. I hope it doesn't get screwed by region locking bullshit.

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

Hunt11 posted:

Maybe you shouldn't take the contrarian whose posts are mostly variations of "popular character is actually the worst" and "clunky old game is actually the best" too seriously.

The_Frag_Man posted:

I like this game more and more the more I see of it. I really want to play it. I hope it doesn't get screwed by region locking bullshit.

It's a 3DS game. So yes, it will. The question is just if all this licensing bullshit is dealt with in time for a EU release that doesn't take more than a year.

I'm still pretty set on getting a US 3DS, even though EU SMT4 is apparently being worked on. Not really Atlus's fault that Nintendo brought back the nineties in terms of regional release schedules and European players being screwed over.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I was entirely down with SMT4 when I reached Tokyo, somehow the deepest basement of my shitass castle, but the moment I really fell in love with this game was the part where I reached a boss and got to choose to slaughter the rear end in a top hat who wanted me to be his muscle for no reason instead of the demon who wasn't really doing anything that I saw.

One turn victory thanks to Press Turn and everyone firing guns wildly. I got to perform a mob-style execution and still further the plot. This game's amazing.

Stravinsky
May 31, 2011

I really enjoy smt4 for its instant kill or be killed nature of its battles.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Something about P3 I didn't find out til the other day: The first thirteen Arcana (including the Fool) correspond to the major characters in that game (SEES and Strega). There are 'thirteen' hours - the twelve hours, and the Dark Hour. And the Full Moon shadows are all in order of the Arcana, staring from Magician (the one on the first night) to the Hanged Man. The Arcana right after the Hanged Man is, fittingly, Death.

The game and its symbolism. If only it was a better executed game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

siotle posted:

That was fast.

"I just met up with my younger siblings Elizabeth and Theodore, as well as their guest and his friends."

WHELP.

Elizabeth English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HpB-3ddIHE

Dehry fucked around with this message at 13:21 on Jun 1, 2014

Genpei Turtle
Jul 20, 2007

Aithon posted:

Also, don't bother grinding for money in Kongokai except to summon demons. Any surplus is going to be wasted after you exit.

Actually this isn't entirely true, there's an NPC that'll exchange your cash for something more useful once you get out.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dehry posted:

"I just met up with my younger siblings Elizabeth and Theodore, as well as their guest and his friends."

WHELP.

Elizabeth English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HpB-3ddIHE
Were you really expecting the female P3 MC to be an option?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Were you really expecting the female P3 MC to be an option?

Some acknowledgement would have been nice. She didn't have to be an option, just a throwaway line about multiple guests or something would have been nice.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Rushputin posted:

Maybe you shouldn't take the contrarian whose posts are mostly variations of "popular character is actually the worst" and "clunky old game is actually the best" too seriously.

That's a rude and hosed up thing to say about someone.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecZ_rYnu4rk

Persona Q Marie trailer. Poetry is back.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oGJnHOPqww

Theo as well

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Jun 1, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Dehry posted:

I can't wait to see how happy everyone is about this news :allears:

Rushputin
Jul 19, 2007
Intense, but quick to finish

Freak Futanari posted:

That's a rude and hosed up thing to say about someone.

...Actually, you're right and I apologize. I just remember you taken unusual positions on some things, but seem to have confused your general attitude with more defensive and annoying people in my head. Sorry about that, I didn't want to associate you with that kind of people. I should stop reading political threads and think some happy thoughts.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

Rushputin posted:

I should stop reading political threads and think some happy thoughts.

which persona girl would you fug????

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I can't wait til this game comes out so I can finally hear this new song Lotus Juice and Yumi Kawaruma are doing for the trailers, it sounds great.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/1401416511

Persona stalker club is awesome. They have a whole segment about responses YU should have had during the school camping trip and brought in his VA to say the lines. They even make Mara jokes.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Man if you think too hard about it Japan starts to seem like the most unsettling place on Earth and yet I would totally go live there and mingle with them if given the opportunity.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Dehry posted:

More hilariously terrible poetry?! :getin:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

W.T. Fits posted:

More hilariously terrible poetry?! :getin:

Jerk-I-hate-you. Stupidmarmalademuffin.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there
Roses are red
Velvet is blue
The master has a long nose
But now he's gone too :(

laplace
Oct 9, 2012

kcab dneb smra ym semitemos tub ,reh wonk I ekil leef I

Excels posted:

Man if you think too hard about it Japan starts to seem like the most unsettling place on Earth and yet I would totally go live there and mingle with them if given the opportunity.

Japan is the most unsettling place on earth. Stay far away. Everything you learned from Anime is true and life here is just a bunch of weird dickmonster jokes and shoehorned goddess waifu characters.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.

Captain Walker posted:

Roses are red
Velvet is blue
The master has a long nose
But now he's gone too :(

Does that mean the Velvet Room will finally become a club in P5, without Igor to object?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

laplace posted:

Japan is the most unsettling place on earth. Stay far away. Everything you learned from Anime is true and life here is just a bunch of weird dickmonster jokes and shoehorned goddess waifu characters.

I've heard giant lizards live off the coast and sometimes protect the people from other giant animals. C/D?

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

laplace posted:

You can't say this and not elaborate on it.

Where are you in Japan?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where are you in Japan?

Just a shot in the dark here, but that might have been a joke.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

TheKingofSprings posted:

Where are you in Japan?
He was being sarcastic, because if you actually believe that about Japan you're kind of silly. Japan is a foreign country with some rear end-backwards things about it and some things that would be disconcerting and odd to a westerner, but basing your view of an entire country off a niche of a niche of its popculture is ridiculously stupid. It's like basing your view of Russia off of Stalker and that one level in Call of Duty.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

He was being sarcastic, because if you actually believe that about Japan you're kind of silly. Japan is a foreign country with some rear end-backwards things about it and some things that would be disconcerting and odd to a westerner, but basing your view of an entire country off a niche of a niche of its popculture is ridiculously stupid. It's like basing your view of Russia off of Stalker and that one level in Call of Duty.

Somehow, I don't think anyone here believes all of Japan is like that, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate a good story of something bizarre someone saw. :v:

Strange Quark posted:

Just a shot in the dark here, but that might have been a joke.

This is probably actually the case, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Beef Waifu posted:

I've heard giant lizards live off the coast and sometimes protect the people from other giant animals. C/D?

Happens all the time in New York so it must be true.