Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Rarity posted:

You haven't seen his best use of an idol clue :allears:

This is probably my second favorite individual survivor moment, behind Earl's beard stroking moment demolishing the four horsemen. Does anyone have the gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Factor Mystic posted:

This is probably my second favorite individual survivor moment, behind Earl's beard stroking moment demolishing the four horsemen. Does anyone have the gif?

Probably better to save the gif till STAC Goat has seen it.

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

Factor Mystic posted:

STAC Goat, do not click on/hover over this spoiler!

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Number19 posted:

STAC Goat, do not click on/hover over this spoiler!

[timg]http:com/ec71Bxd.gif[/timg]

He meant the Rob gif!

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

Factor Mystic posted:

I think the three amigos tribal council is up there.

Fejsze
May 13, 2013

Only you are the fish of my dreams

blue squares posted:

He meant the Rob gif!

Number19
May 14, 2003

HOCKEY OWNS
FUCK YEAH

blue squares posted:

He meant the Rob gif!

Well that's what I get for not reading a post properly.

It's still a good GIF though.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
This season had some fun GIFs that should stick around for a few seasons too.

Juanito
Jan 20, 2004

I wasn't paying attention
to what you just said.

Can you repeat yourself
in a more interesting way?
Hell Gem
What was this reaction for? I can't remember.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Juanito posted:

What was this reaction for? I can't remember.

It was from Mad Treasure Hunt when Kass stuck with Tony and crew to vote out Morgan instead of sending Tony home.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

BGrifter posted:

Spencer just eradicated any last vestige of usefulness Eliza Orlins could possibly have on a future season.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Lord Bude posted:

Spencer just eradicated any last vestige of usefulness Eliza Orlins could possibly have on a future season.

Plus he's better on Twitter. Eliza is just sad now, talking poo poo on the new players trying to get someone to pay attention to her. Time to fire her out of a cannon into the sun.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

The Lord Bude posted:

Eliza's jury reactions in Micronesia were priceless :colbert:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I haven't been able to stand her since her disgusting tirade of poo poo that she splattered all over the internet towards Dawn after Fransatsquatch got voted off Caramoan. She was incredibly nasty and incredibly personal over an event in a season she had no part in, and she used her paid position as a writer on a reality TV blog site to help her do it.

I can't help but notice that site ended it's survivor coverage part way through that season and she hasn't blogged for them again.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Yeah it's just sad the way she spews vile personal attacks all over the internet hoping someone will give a poo poo about her again. She makes Fairplay look restrained and classy. I wish Rob C would stop giving her any attention on RHAP.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Ah I didn't know about that. Boo.

Jedimastafez
Jun 5, 2005

The Stanley Cup has been kidnapped by Gary Bettman! Are you a bad enough dude to rescue it?

BGrifter posted:

It's stuff like this that makes me wish Bad Lip Reading would do a video on Survivor

Factor Mystic
Mar 20, 2006

Baby's First Post-Apocalyptic Fiction

Yep there it is. Beautiful. Probably a fine for littering in the volcano, but I bet it's less than a million :v:

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways
So for the next season it looks like twinnies from TAR are joining BvW2 cast. Kinda funny if you think Keith and Whitney from South Pacific are on the next season of TAR. All we need now is Phillip on big brother.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Nexal posted:

So for the next season it looks like twinnies from TAR are joining BvW2 cast. Kinda funny if you think Keith and Whitney from South Pacific are on the next season of TAR. All we need now is Phillip on big brother.

The TAR thread said we were getting Rachel from Brenchel, and I doubt they'd send both

Nexal
Apr 21, 2010

Moby - Extreme ways

Rarity posted:

The TAR thread said we were getting Rachel from Brenchel, and I doubt they'd send both

Rachel appeared on Bite SIze TV with Elissa on Thursday. The cast had already been flown out to Nicaragua by that point.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

He threw a clue into a volcano. Wow. Boston Rob is the king.

Unfortunately I'm losing interest. Pagongings are so boring and as impressive as Rob's game is its just frustrating to watch his cult followers do everything he says. I thought it was cold and crazy that Andrea blindsided Matt for Rob but then I saw Rob tell his entire tribe not to eat and they listened. That's nuts.

And Phillip. loving Phillip. I wish he had fallen into the volcano.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

STAC Goat posted:

He threw a clue into a volcano. Wow. Boston Rob is the king.

Unfortunately I'm losing interest. Pagongings are so boring and as impressive as Rob's game is its just frustrating to watch his cult followers do everything he says. I thought it was cold and crazy that Andrea blindsided Matt for Rob but then I saw Rob tell his entire tribe not to eat and they listened. That's nuts.

And Phillip. loving Phillip. I wish he had fallen into the volcano.

Yeah the only fun thing about this stretch is Matt's Neverending Torment

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Yeah, it's tragic, but we're not getting Brenchel or Elissa/Rachel on S29. Thankfully, the summer is long, and we'll have a few months to get over it before the premiere.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Nexal posted:

You know, I am kind of excited about that. I find them pretty amusing all in all. Of course if we're taking TAR heel teams I want the Afghanimals.

Giodo!
Oct 29, 2003

BGrifter posted:

Yeah it's just sad the way she spews vile personal attacks all over the internet hoping someone will give a poo poo about her again. She makes Fairplay look restrained and classy. I wish Rob C would stop giving her any attention on RHAP.

A friend of mine was super excited to find out that I am a massive Survivor nerd because she went to high school with Eliza and hangs out with her when they are in the same place. I didn't know how to break it to her that her friend comes off as a horrible person now.

Bahumaut
Apr 6, 2009
Man, for some reason now I want a BvW season to have a full set of twins and then have them all in 2 tribes so we'd have completely same tribes vs each other. I'm sure this will never happen, but Jeff would have a kick out of it I'm sure.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Rarity posted:

Yeah the only fun thing about this stretch is Matt's Neverending Torment

I'm the guy who always likes the nice guys so I'm not getting any joy from that, I just feel bad. Guy looks like he wants to cry half the time.

Right now the only really joy I'm taking this (besides enjoying Rob) is watching Andrea's game fall apart because she feels human emotions of sadness about hurting Matt. I had nothing against Andrea in Caramoan but there's something hilarious about her betraying Matt for the Cult of Rob only for Rob to turn the Cult on her because she isn't totally cold hearted about it.

But man, the rest of the cult are craaaazy. That segment where Andrea is saying she feels bad and they're all "What?! He wanted it! What's wrong with you?! Rob, she's expressing emotions seperate from your orders. What should we do?" Its like Andrea is going to be the first to go because she hasn't had her free will entirely broken.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
I still believe RI was the producer getting drunk and making a bet whether they can rig the game to have a certain person win. It was the perfect storm of 3 seasons in which someone won who did not make big moves over someone who did, selecting the right boston rob scenes to show the candidates and casting one of the worst groups of new players ever. Put in RI as a safety net for Rob (he didnt need it but it would have been there) and you get Survivor: The Boston Rob Cult.

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

The Lord Bude posted:

I haven't been able to stand her since her disgusting tirade of poo poo that she splattered all over the internet towards Dawn after Fransatsquatch got voted off Caramoan. She was incredibly nasty and incredibly personal over an event in a season she had no part in, and she used her paid position as a writer on a reality TV blog site to help her do it.

Well what's wrong with Eliza having an opinion?

It's fun to hear anyone's actual opinion on something. One of the reasons I barely keep up with something like RHAP or their twitters is it's just so much fake butt kissing being exchanged most of the time.

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
I think of it more as Rob not biting the hand that feeds him. He's made comments to that end several times.

Septimius
Aug 23, 2006

GaussianCopula posted:

I still believe RI was the producer getting drunk and making a bet whether they can rig the game to have a certain person win. It was the perfect storm of 3 seasons in which someone won who did not make big moves over someone who did, selecting the right boston rob scenes to show the candidates and casting one of the worst groups of new players ever. Put in RI as a safety net for Rob (he didnt need it but it would have been there) and you get Survivor: The Boston Rob Cult.

I'd love to see reactions from all the cult followers after the show. I wonder if they realised how foolish they looked. I think I read something about Grant never speaking to Rob again

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The final redeeming part of Redemption Island is watching how deluded and arrogant Rob's cult members are and how they all truly believe they played great games and weren't controlled by Rob. Silly, stupid Natalie who was a puppy dog the entire time and couldn't even own backstabbing her best friend for a guy she had no chance of beating. Crazy, rear end in a top hat Phillip who apparently decided that his "piss everyone off so I'm a goat" strategy was so brilliant he should continue it into the final journey by telling half of them to go to hell. Irrelevant, arrogant Ashley who seemed to genuinely think she was a mastermind even when she ignored the opportunity Andrea gave her to actually do something. At least Grant seemed kind of sober. I get why they brought Andrea back. She had free will, eventually saw the light, and admitted she was a dummy for following Rob (she also kicked butt in challenges and had a serious case of "island hot").

Yeah, I'd love to know if Natalie, Ashley, and Grant still think they played good games and made smart decisions or if they've realized Rob used them. Phillip I'd just like to see become mute. And I thought I hated him on Caramoan. Christ almighty.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
I get a laugh out of the Zapatera tribe telling the two girls, that aligned with Russell, to live with that alliance and don't bother trying to strategize to stay. Then they were all butt hurt that they couldn't get any of Rob's cult to switch alliances.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Zapatera is easily one of the bottom five or so tribes in the history of the show. Just painful to watch, even worse on the second go around. If anything lends credence to the idea they stacked the cast with shitheads so Boston Rob could win, it's that Zapatera managed to be even dumber presumably to give Russell a similar benefit. Instead they turned out to be so hopeless he had nothing to work with. Boston Rob won that season the moment he picked the right buff. (not that I think Russell necessarily wins on the other tribe, but Boston Rob guarenteed loses on Zapatera)

Ralph the bugbear was Jane from Nicaragua levels of awful and probably tops my list of people I never ever want to see on Survivor again. What a jackass.

Tyree
Sep 11, 2003

STRETCH

STRETCH

STRETCH
Almost done with my Panama, Exile Island, rewatch. Good lord, I forgot how hilarious the Casaya tribe was. The Bruce can't poop episode is probably tied with Coach goes to exile for funniest episode in Survivor history.

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
I'm still on SP and they get to watch Jack and Jill as a reward? What a treat!!

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

BGrifter posted:

Ralph the bugbear was Jane from Nicaragua levels of awful and probably tops my list of people I never ever want to see on Survivor again. What a jackass.

Ressel

DaisyDanger posted:

I'm still on SP and they get to watch Jack and Jill as a reward? What a treat!!

Paging the gif of Sophie being absolutely entertained by Jack and Jill.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Propaganda Machine posted:

Paging the gif of Sophie being absolutely entertained by Jack and Jill.
Adam Sandler is a national treasure.

If your thought of treasure is someone making GBS threads directly into your eyes and ears.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaisyDanger
Feb 19, 2007

Sorry, a system error occurred.
Jeff: Worth playing for?

Nope, no it's not. Can I just sit outside and eat the hot dogs and candy?

• Locked thread