Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
How many people have had the camera now? I want to know what the average time per person has been.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

I was just poking around back in the early pages of this thread, and to give everyone a sense of the time that's passed, VomitOnLino posted the first reply under my OP and follow-ups. That was on January 31, 2012, and he's just now actually gotten his hands on it. Nearly 25 months - is that a new record?

Yeah I just realized that, too. Mind: Blown.
Handoff to alkanphel will be early May (2nd) unless he runs into space and or weight problems with his flight in which case I'll just ship it. But I'm confident the handoff will proceed just fine.

big scary monsters posted:

How many people have had the camera now? I want to know what the average time per person has been.

I have no idea. But there's your and other folks signature on it so we could count that, maybe? Although it seems like execudork (and maybe some others) didn't sign it. I will edit this post when I get back from work.

Oh, and of course I'll be sure to add my own Japanese oddball films to this camera, too!
Uxi or Sakuracolor anyone?! (The portra crew is probably having a collective aneurysm right now.)

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

VomitOnLino posted:

Yeah I just realized that, too. Mind: Blown.
Handoff to alkanphel will be early May (2nd) unless he runs into space and or weight problems with his flight in which case I'll just ship it. But I'm confident the handoff will proceed just fine.

I have no idea. But there's your and other folks signature on it so we could count that, maybe? Although it seems like execudork (and maybe some others) didn't sign it. I will edit this post when I get back from work.

Oh, and of course I'll be sure to add my own Japanese oddball films to this camera, too!
Uxi or Sakuracolor anyone?! (The portra crew is probably having a collective aneurysm right now.)

I'm not sure that camera's ever touched portra.

Hell, the closest it's come to color kodak film was probably the kodachrome I used.

pseudonordic
Aug 31, 2003

The Jack of All Trades

Mr. Despair posted:

Hell, the closest it's come to color kodak film was probably the kodachrome I used.

I think I shot Kodak Gold 200 on it.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
No.

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A

Mr. Despair posted:

I, uh, I actually shot a roll of Portra 400 with it. See, I had this plan that I'd take it on a ferry cruise to Stockholm (and back) and get drunk while doing it since I had a cruise lined up and the thread title at the time basically told me to. So I loaded up a roll of Portra, took a few snapshots, waited for the cruise and promptly got sick on the day of departure.

I now have around 36 frames of "poo poo I need to burn this roll of film down fast" pictures, a collection of which I'll upload somewhere at some point in the near future.

ed: And the camera seems to have a nice light leak.

Amok fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Apr 22, 2014

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

Amok posted:

ed: And the camera seems to have a nice light leak.

1. drat

2. Goons are a creative and (sporadically) industrious folk. Somebody want to take a crack at the seals on the AE-1?

Amok
Oct 5, 2004
You can't spell failure without U R A

ExecuDork posted:

1. drat

2. Goons are a creative and (sporadically) industrious folk. Somebody want to take a crack at the seals on the AE-1?

It does "add character" though!

dorkroom_ae_portra-a-17 by avjn2, on Flickr

The rest of the portra-ae-1 pictures are here https://www.flickr.com/photos/avjn/sets/72157644227105865/ and I'll try to remember to post them on tumblr too later.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

1. drat

I have currently a roll of film in it, but as soon as I'm done with that I can look into it.

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
A friendly bump.

Is there a light leak? Anyone wanna take a crack at it?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Much appreciated - there's a month between posts.

Um, status? Please? Wherever the AE-1 might be?

feigning interest
Jun 22, 2007

I just hate seeing anything go to waste.
Next time, lets send a holga and an instax w/ 1 pack of instax film. The receiving party needs to include a new pack of instax and at least 1 developed shot. Keep all of the developed shots in the mailing case (which should be smaller than the current suitcase).

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Send it to Aus already, seems like there are a fair few people here who would use it.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

feigning interest posted:

Next time, lets send a holga and an instax w/ 1 pack of instax film. The receiving party needs to include a new pack of instax and at least 1 developed shot. Keep all of the developed shots in the mailing case (which should be smaller than the current suitcase).

poo poo, might as well get a third camera in the mix, right?

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
It's been about 6 weeks. Bump.

Where are these cameras at?

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ExecuDork posted:

It's been about 6 weeks. Bump.

Where are these cameras at?

I'm still holding onto the AE1 - shameful, I know. Basically I got stuck in a huge project and couldn't slip in some 35 action there. I will be going camping this week tho and it will come with me.

To make up for the delay I'll include some exotic J-film and some boxes Kodak Ultramax as I send it on.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

MAIL THE DORKCAMS

Mightaswell
Dec 4, 2003

Not now chief, I'm in the fuckin' zone.
Jesus Christ

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

You assholes are lucky I have another AA-powered $5-special point & shoot that I can kick in if these irredeemable shitlords don't get off their asses and do the needful.

e: MRBLANDAVERAGE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL YOU STILL HAVE THE DIGISHAME, GODDAMN SEND IT TO SOMEONE

SoundMonkey fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Aug 24, 2014

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

SoundMonkey posted:

e: MRBLANDAVERAGE AS FAR AS I CAN TELL YOU STILL HAVE THE DIGISHAME, GODDAMN SEND IT TO SOMEONE

I SENT IT TO WHITEZOMBI

WHITEZOMBI GO GET IT OUT OF THE loving TRASH

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

MrBlandAverage posted:

I SENT IT TO WHITEZOMBI

WHITEZOMBI GO GET IT OUT OF THE loving TRASH

WHITEZOMBI I AM CALLING YOU OUT

IT IS... ON.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

With these Zombie Eyes he rendered her powerless - With this Zombie Grip he made her perform his every desire!
GODDAMNIT. ITS GOT OUT OF THE TRASH. ON MY loving DESK NOW! gently caress

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I'll send it out next Tuesday the 2nd. Where is it going?

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

I'll send it out next Tuesday the 2nd. Where is it going?

HEY WHO WANTS A REAL BAD CAMERA?

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

its an awful horrible camera and i promise it never touched my balls

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc
I only want it if you promise to ball touch it right before you send it.

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

I will do that. hell. ill keep it under my balls until next week.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.
First of all, a big sorry! for being so darned late! But, between being stuck in a rut, two gallery exhibitions, private and professional upheaval I completely mismanaged the time. Sorry, sorry, sorry!

Alas; finally...

One is not like the other...

Panasonic Design Company Camera Display

Also I've made us famous, okay -- well; Tumblr famous. Basically when shooting the AE-1 around the world camera I ran into noted photographer John Sypal and he did a thing for his Tokyo Camera Style. And we're in it! Here's the relevant tumblr post: clicky clicky.

Last but not least, I'm going to grab the C41 off the Lab today, at long last I'll have some BW and Color photographs to show for the long rear end time I've had this camera. Let's hope neither camera nor lab did gently caress it up or I just might have to seppuku.

Anyway, this brings me to my next two points:
- I need D.I.C.P.I.X Tumblr access
- And because of the delay alkhanpel can't take the camera because he's off to his big trip. So -- Who's next?

deaders
Jun 14, 2002

Someone felt sorry enough for me to change my custom title.
Send it to Australia

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

VomitOnLino posted:

Also I've made us famous, okay -- well; Tumblr famous. Basically when shooting the AE-1 around the world camera I ran into noted photographer John Sypal and he did a thing for his Tokyo Camera Style. And we're in it! Here's the relevant tumblr post: clicky clicky.
Hahaha wow. All is forgiven in my view, this is going onto my CV.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

deaders posted:

Send it to Australia

DO IT.

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Okay, let's do that.
Form an orderly line and give me an address and/or a means of contact.

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Young Orc
Oh great, now we are Tumblr famous. Strong work guys.

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Send me an email here tdjames82 (at) google mail and we'll get the ball rolling

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
loving. AWESOME.

Yes, send it to Australia, then after it's wandered around there for a bit I'm sure Alkanphel will be back from his big adventures and able to show us the (grainy, poorly exposed, misfocused) sights of Singapore or wherever. I'm not accusing Alkanphel of those faults, I'm talking about the limitations of the camera.

I had to reset my tumblr password it's been so drat long.

EDIT:
VomitOnLino you don't have PMs. I'd just post the tumblr details here but now that we're INTERNET FAMOUS I don't want to do that.
What's your email? Send to arghblarghlarghlblarghlarghlblargl

Replied to your email

EDIT 2: Tumblr tells me DICPIX has two eleven new followers.

ExecuDork fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Sep 5, 2014

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Whitezombi posted:

I will do that. hell. ill keep it under my balls until next week.

Ball-seasoned or otherwise, did you send the shitcam to 8th?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc

SoundMonkey posted:

Ball-seasoned or otherwise, did you send the shitcam to 8th?

Well don't send it to me right now. I leave for NY on Sunday and will be there until the 22nd.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

8th-snype posted:

Well don't send it to me right now. I leave for NY on Sunday and will be there until the 22nd.

loving a, mods?

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

Young Orc
I mean if he thinks he can get to to upstate NY by the 13th I will photograph a wedding with the poo poo cam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitezombi
Apr 26, 2006

8th-snype posted:

I mean if he thinks he can get to to upstate NY by the 13th I will photograph a wedding with the poo poo cam.

Email me - natebolin at the email that starts with g.

• Locked thread