Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein

fatman posted:

I know ill do something to warrant that, jet off to another country, expect to be handed everything, just the sort of unhinged person i want living next door to me.

Do not post in this thread ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
fatman if you want to self-immolate to prove your point I won't stop you.

I mean, no one would stop you, and I'm not sure even you know your point, but go for it.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

fatman posted:

I know ill do something to warrant that, jet off to another country, expect to be handed everything, just the sort of unhinged person i want living next door to me.

*Yawn*

Piss off.

fatman
Oct 20, 2005

"I DON'T WANT A RIOTING SCUMBAG AS A NEIGHBOUR"? WELL I DON'T WANT A FUCKWIT GUN NUT AS A POSTER
:fuckoff:
Spoken like true lefties, a differing opinion and its the end of the world :bang:

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Captain Pissweak posted:

I mean, no one would stop you, and I'm not sure even you know your point, but go for it.

unfortunately pure fat doesn't burn very well

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
Just ignore him.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Fruity Gordo posted:

This is the young man who set himself on fire yesterday. His name's Leo. He was afraid of being sent back to Sri Lanka and tortured.

Jesus Christ :(

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Empty Quote.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

fatman posted:

Spoken like true lefties, a differing opinion and its the end of the world :bang:

People replying back to you in any form is the "end of the world"? Toughen up there, mate.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Also worth noting that not only has Abbott failed to mention any Soviet involvement in his statement but has also forgotten to mention Britain.

sick of Applebees
Nov 7, 2008

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How loving tone deaf do you have to be to write that poo poo?

I see what you did there

plumpy hole lever
Aug 8, 2003

♥ Anime is real ♥
laziest troll ever

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
What the gently caress. Just, what.

How to you get into a position of power while being this much of a self-aggrandizing prick.

I mean it doesn't even have any subtlety to it: it is straight up claiming the 'spirit of D-Day' and of WW2 as a whole for the ideology of highly aggressive unrestrained capitalism, currently polluting the world right now.

Yeah man, environment regulation is just like fascism that kills minorities (like reffos). That's what people signed up their lives for. Yep.

rudatron fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jun 1, 2014

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

adamantium|wang posted:

Also worth noting that not only has Abbott failed to mention any Soviet involvement in his statement but has also forgotten to mention Britain.

Soviets at the D-Day landings? what do you know that the rest of the world doesn't? :tinfoil:

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
The D-Day landings were less about defeating Nazi germany, and more making sure the soviets didn't push all the way to the Atlantic. Something like 7/10 Nazis killed died on the Eastern Front (at incredible loss for the Soviets).

Tgent
Sep 6, 2011

adamantium|wang posted:

he actually did it

he managed to make d-day about the carbon tax

e:

Did they delete this or something? It's not loading but the rest of the site is.

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf
Well, the official press release is either down, or getting hammered into a redirect loop :

Luckily he recorded it and put it up on youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwTgJCPtOXQ

Feel free to click through. Comments are, of course, disabled, but it has 8 thumbs up and 47 thumbs down right now.

Nuclear Spy
Jun 10, 2008

feeling under?

evilbastard posted:

Well, the official press release is either down, or getting hammered into a redirect loop
Someone managed to save a screenshot of the page:

And here is the press release:

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
Man, that is just shameless. :cripes:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Didn't fatman get run out of here by a mod the last time he tried to post itt, because he couldn't defend his poo poo posting at all?

Might have been Xylo, I don't remember.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Aha I see everyone is ahead of me. Still, FWIW, here's the google cached page:

Not a clue at all.

quote:

@ABCnewsIntern Who wins media plonker of the week before the week has even begun... @SharriMarkson public relations diary, or @TonyAbbottMHR's media team?

Update: even worse:

quote:

@BenMcCombe The PM's office has reworded the D-Day press release & backdated the new document to Saturday. http://www.pm.gov.au/media/2014-05-31/visit-france-canada-and-united-states-america … Sneaky.

ewe2 fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Jun 1, 2014

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

adamantium|wang posted:

I'd assumed he only mentioned the countries he was visiting, since it would be out of character for him not to praise the Motherland given an opportunity.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

Fruity Gordo posted:

The University of Western Sydney at least have frozen their fees, effectively taking a further 20% funding cut on top of the across-the-board cuts. Because they are good. :unsmith:

Deakin University have frozen their fees as well. They've come out against the budget and changes to higher education as well.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Captain Pissweak posted:

That's probably not a good idea: http://www.calebwilde.com/2012/06/morbid-obesity-cremation/

E: Here, some actual post content. http://www.ellistabletalk.com/2014/06/01/abbotts-end-42-five-days-to-go/ Yes, I understand that he is a crazy person. I can still read his crazy ramblings wistfully.

SadisTech fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Jun 1, 2014

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
People dying rather then be sent back is like ye olde which trials where if you sank you were innocent.

That's assuming the government even acknowledges that they were a genuine refugee instead of constantly stating how regrettable it and not addressing it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

TheHeadSage posted:

Deakin University have frozen their fees as well. They've come out against the budget and changes to higher education as well.

See? The free market works!

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Soviets at the D-Day landings? what do you know that the rest of the world doesn't? :tinfoil:

I'm fairly certain the Soviets were involved in the misdirection and misinformation campaign surrounding Overlord that led to Hitler refusing to commit reserves to Normandy until a couple of months after the landings, actions which significantly contributed to its success.

But anyway, point is that it was a massive multinational undertaking with a scope and purpose that appears to be utterly beyond the comprehension of Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Australia Anthony John Abbott.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Nuclear Spy posted:

Someone managed to save a screenshot of the page:

And here is the press release:

You know I should be shocked and dismayed at this, but seriously it is barely raising an eyebrow. Nearly 9 months of this government and I am totally desensitised to its idiot decisions, pure nastiness and dumb press releases.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

A stupid day turned into a bad day and this sums it up

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Yo D-day, I'mma let you finish, but the 2014 budget is the best act to defend freedom of all time.

of all time.

Also Carbon tax is Hitler.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

I can't wait to see what he does for Rememberence Day. It's like he has no idea at all how inappropriate he is. Come November and he'll be telling people to spend their minute of silence to ponder how great his government is and all the good work it's done in stomping in the face of the poor, helpless and disadvantaged.

EDIT: Even Scott Ludlam finds this hard to believe.

CrazyTolradi fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Jun 1, 2014

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Press release has been pulled with claims it was a draft, the video of Tony reading it has been renamed to match the generic press release about his overseas visit that came out yesterday.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

adamantium|wang posted:

Press release has been pulled with claims it was a draft, the video of Tony reading it has been renamed to match the generic press release about his overseas visit that came out yesterday.

I know I always submit my first draft and only my first draft of any assignment I do. It's the professional way.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

I know I always submit my first draft and only my first draft of any assignment I do. It's the professional way.

The adults are back in charge after all

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Australia is open for business. Please ignore dropping consumer confidence.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Malcolm will make his leadership challenge on D-Day and many allusions to history will be made.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
:golfclap:

e:

adamantium|wang fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jun 1, 2014