Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Koth posted:

gently caress, I still don't know what class I want as my main.

I like the idea of being stealth in PvP and loving with people. But I also like shooting things, and healing things, and tanking things too! This is the hardest decision I've ever had to make.

Good news, the stealth class can tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
It is nice that there is actually three classes that can tank. Still means that people have to be willing to tank and collect two sets of armour.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
So, this guild notification stuff is pretty annoying. I'd be happy to try to write a plugin that disables it if someone can point me to some starting documentation, or an example of a addon that already captures and modifies incoming text.

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

I know there are problems with the pre-order bag appearing and disappearing - do the deluxe editions and highwayman outfit have similar problems, or is it safe to claim them? (Also, the highwayman is one per character and not one altogether, right?)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A patch came out this afternoon that appears to have fixed the bag and pre-order/deluxe claim issues.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Mormon Star Wars posted:

I know there are problems with the pre-order bag appearing and disappearing - do the deluxe editions and highwayman outfit have similar problems, or is it safe to claim them? (Also, the highwayman is one per character and not one altogether, right?)
The costumes are not only per-character, you can claim them multiple times on one character it seems.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
so is the scientist path p. cool I tried explorer during the beta and liked it well enough.

I am going to play Engineer because the primary attack makes me feel like I am playing Rachet and Clank with the Shotgun equivilant weapon :3:

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:woop: Hazak doesn't have a queue this morning. Now to decide wether to play Eastwood, the chua Spellslinger or Sonichua the chua engi.

My game has a lot more trouble with loading screens since the update though.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Still getting a client version error when logging in. Works fine when I use a VPN to update and switch back once on the login screen. If I turn the VPN off and start the launcher, it patches to an older version again. People have been reporting this for a day now, and Carbine still haven't even acknowledged it. Talk about wilful ignorance.

Can we get a Carbine version of :soe: that is just the company logo shattering completely?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Bloody Pom posted:

Still getting a client version error when logging in. Works fine when I use a VPN to update and switch back once on the login screen. If I turn the VPN off and start the launcher, it patches to an older version again. People have been reporting this for a day now, and Carbine still haven't even acknowledged it. Talk about wilful ignorance.

Can we get a Carbine version of :soe: that is just the company logo shattering completely?

IIRC they acknowledged it for NZ accounts ?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Fathis Munk posted:

IIRC they acknowledged it for NZ accounts ?

Got a link?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Huh I was pretty sure I had seen it in this dev post but either I'm wrong or it has been edited out, sorry :shrug:

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Just got a tweet from one of the CMs, they've tried to fix it several times with no luck. Good to know they're at least working on it.

wtfmoses
Dec 21, 2004

Get serias
Well we managed to pack in 350~ goons into the guild on warbringer today. Server is high-full pop so it looks like this was the right call. Thanks to everyone who helped get things established today by either contributing to the guild fund or helping invite. Lots of time was spent sitting still inviting people into the guild. Just a reminder to all to get their characters added to the auth. We will likely hit the cap on the guild by launch on tuesday.

parara
Apr 9, 2010
If I make someone my roommate for my housing plot, I know they can add and remove poo poo while I'm around since I've seen it happen. Can they also do that if I'm offline? aka can I charter my friend as my gardener while I sleep

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

parara posted:

If I make someone my roommate for my housing plot, I know they can add and remove poo poo while I'm around since I've seen it happen. Can they also do that if I'm offline? aka can I charter my friend as my gardener while I sleep

Yes.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How far along are we with an EU guild on Hazak ? Also when do you get your house ?

The Wicked Wall
Aug 24, 2012

I guess the aphorism
"I think, therefore I am" brings little comfort in this case.

Fathis Munk posted:

How far along are we with an EU guild on Hazak ? Also when do you get your house ?

Level 14 for the house, worth doing ASAP as you can do a daily to get a 10% EXP bonus involving it.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Fathis Munk posted:

:woop: Hazak doesn't have a queue this morning. Now to decide wether to play Eastwood, the chua Spellslinger or Sonichua the chua engi.

My game has a lot more trouble with loading screens since the update though.

Don't worry, by 10am its a 4+ hour (1200+) queue :unsmith: MMO-launches huh?

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

The Terrible Secrets of Space is up and running on Hazak

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

Aryoc posted:

The Terrible Secrets of Space is up and running on Hazak

Who can invite?

I'll be on later in the day, need to know who I can pester

Mastodon Compound
Oct 2, 2012
Xerophyte, that avatar looks like Fran bunny in real life.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.
Overall this game's questing hub stuff is a tangled mess. So many times I clear an area only to find that there was just one thing that I was meant to pick up which means i have to back through it again to clear that as well. There's also a LOT of downtime spent trying to find 'that one last bear rear end' to finish a quest, and things like bizarre enemy respawn layouts hold the player back.

My questbook is full of quests I flat out gave up on because they were a hassle for me to want to have anything to do with, or meant tedious backtracking. I have yet to abandon them and they are now clogging my quest manual - I should probably clear some of them already.

The feeling I get playing is like a big pastel landscape that's had razor wire borders laced over it for where 'questing zones' occur in a somewhat haphazard manner. I'd say that guild wars 2 overall did questing better than this game, for all the game's flaws.

Still, the good parts of the game shine through. There's been some good missions and the challenge factor is just starting to kick in against enemies for me now that I'm hitting the upper teen levels.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Jun 1, 2014

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

VoLaTiLe posted:

Who can invite?

Same, I'm already on, lemme in ! :ohdear:

Ihki
Dec 28, 2005
Hiik

Spacedad posted:

Overall this game's questing hub stuff is a tangled mess.

It's so weird to have that nice communicator system and then still have poo poo like seven quests long quest lines where you need to haul rear end(es) between Bear Cave Island and quest NPC. The communicator is sometimes barely used, especially for giving quests, and the maps the game has to offer are pretty look at, but messy to look through. Illium is a really fun example with how you can't sort out the very numerous city guards from the map without removing... vendors? I think.

Ihki fucked around with this message at 11:13 on Jun 1, 2014

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?
So, I managed to find a way from the elder vault up into the space station above it. Kinda. I can't reproduce it since I fell down though.

edit: Found it again! And a terrible paint job of explaining how to get there.

Masonity fucked around with this message at 11:42 on Jun 1, 2014

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!
After a long day of inviting 350 goons I decided to go grind rep for some amps.

Got myself Clone.

xbox armor not included

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ugh lost connection to the server and now I'm back in the Hazak hell queue.

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE
http://wildheap.com/en/item/42497

I just found that and I have no idea what it does. Can anyone explain?

edit: ok so apparently it guarantees you a new recipe every time you craft on it. That's loving sweet.

HFGoliath fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jun 1, 2014

Mide
Jun 2, 2009
That is a lot of goon invites. I'm gonna make my character on the goon server later today. What is the guild member cap in the game? Are we going to be able to fit all the goons in a single guild? Is this the return of the swarm?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Mide posted:

That is a lot of goon invites. I'm gonna make my character on the goon server later today. What is the guild member cap in the game? Are we going to be able to fit all the goons in a single guild? Is this the return of the swarm?

Supposedly the cap is 500. If it is, I'll make a guild for alts instead of letting them in Squad.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Republicans posted:

Are the challenges ever worth doing? The rewards seem pretty lame for the effort you put into them.

By about 14 or 15 the challenges settle into a routine of;

Tradeskill Supplies
Med kit/food/amps
Housing item/dyes/green gear
Blue gear

The blue gear tends to be very nice for the level

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013
I have a question please for someone who has played esper/spellslinger or medic already in the beta to a degree. I only got mine up to like level 15 and i cannot decide. Which of these 3 is the one with the most "survivability", the most tricks up a sleeve or the one who can be everywhere at once (no stalker)? I don't care about tanking or dps parses i care about staying alive in pvp and usually pick a class with staying power.

edit, Also i would like to complain that i cannot make a chua warrior.

Aryoc
Nov 27, 2006

:black101: Goblin King :black101:
Grimey Drawer

VoLaTiLe posted:

Who can invite?

Everyone in the guild has invite priviledges, so just hop on irc/mumble and ask for an invite, or try SassyB directly. I got disconnected so I'm queueing right now.

Double Monocle
Sep 4, 2008

Smug as fuck.
So once i noticed soothe is a mobile cast esper healing got a lot more fun....

Kresher
Sep 11, 2001
Permanent Patient
Just lost connection during an adventure and now I cant login.

Caaaaaaaarbiiiiiiine!

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Bah, a 15 hour wait time to get on Hazak today. Guess that's all the playing I'll be doing today.

battle
Dec 20, 2013

BombiTheZombie posted:

Bah, a 15 hour wait time to get on Hazak today. Guess that's all the playing I'll be doing today.

I can't wait to imagine the wait at release on the crowded EU servers..

romracer
Apr 24, 2011

lol noob

Bloody Pom posted:

Got a link?

Its here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ovenmaster
Feb 22, 2006
I am the master of ovens for some reason.

BombiTheZombie posted:

Good news, the displayed time is a bug, it's actually only 3-4 hours :v:

• Locked thread