Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MS Paint
Sep 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Magnus Gallant posted:

Benny try working at a gas station.

Benny the Snake posted:

After a few minutes of filling this guy's tank, the pump kept shutting off for some reason. I didn't think he had gotten enough gas, so I figured I'd put in some more. Every time I squeezed the handle, it would stop again after a few seconds. Finally I wrapped it in duct tape and went to wash his windows...

NO. THAT IS A LIE.

I REFUSE TO BELIEVE HE IS THAT STUPID.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CravingSolace
Mar 3, 2012
Jesus Christ, please tell me that wasn't actually posted here.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

It was not.

superv0zz
Jun 24, 2006

Touch it.

CravingSolace posted:

I think it's worse that, based on Benny's previous posts, this is actually believable.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Benny, have you thought about Law school?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Benny should be a cop

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Have you ever considered Bridge Design/Architecture?

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

leave a sign ... something witchy

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

imminent beating to a pulp
Benny, consider getting a job being a disappointment to your parents.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Impatient Skype JO posted:

Benny, consider getting a job being a disappointment to your parents.

If he loses his amateur status, he won't be able to compete in the Olympics!

i am he
Feb 4, 2014

how is your family benny? haven't heard much about ole mom and pop and lil bro for a while

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

i am he posted:

how is your family benny? haven't heard much about ole mom and pop and lil bro for a while

Benny the Snake posted:

I didn't want to say anything, but I actually came home and killed my family several months ago after talking to the oracle. I knew the thread would get angry at me for it, so I just haven't mentioned anything...

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

AlbieQuirky posted:

If he loses his amateur status, he won't be able to compete in the Olympics!

I feel Benny's only shot at success would come from failing at being a failure.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Benny's Future

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

That's optimistic. That guy actually worked multiple jobs in college and appears to have money, from what I have no idea.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

argondamn posted:

That's optimistic. That guy actually worked multiple jobs in college and appears to have money, from what I have no idea.

probably collecting disability or some other government mooching

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES
I realized today that I shouldn't put "sales experience" on my resume or on my cover letters, as they'd just invite answers to questions that would keep me from getting hired. Fortunately, I created two separate resumes and kept the original untouched. What I am going to put in my cover letters is how I am currently volunteering at the library. I'm not getting that position at the law firm. I haven't heard from them but I know I'm not getting it. There is now way I can put "sales experience" without at least mentioning my previous job and there's no way I can spin that so I'm just going to leave it off altogether. And no, that job isn't on my resume.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Couldn't you just say you sold your own poo poo on eBay and that's how you know how to do it? It's not like there's a massive barrier to set up an account. Hell, you could well some of your comics and actually do that.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Benny have you considered applying for disability from the government on account of your iq handicap?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Magnus Gallant posted:

Benny have you considered applying for disability from the government on account of your iq handicap?

Link them to this thread as proof.

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

CravingSolace posted:

Benny the Snake posted:

My McDonald's interview went well today. I'm a little bit nervous about one thing: the manager who interviewed me asked when I left there back in '07 if I put in my two week's notice. I told him that I'm positive I did. Five years is a long time, and I don't know how big of a deal-breaker it would be if I did or didn't for a fast food place. They're going to check back with my old manager to see how good an employee I was, so I don't expect them to call me back until next week maybe. I did good, though.

Benny the Snake posted:

I want to think that I put in my two weeks notice. Five years is a long time to remember, though. Besides, I'm positive that I was a good employee. If I wasn't, then why would they hold me on for about two years?

And yeah, I paid $50 to my parents out of my paycheck. It's my monthly contribution to groceries and cell phone.

So, close. I mean, he's pretty sure he did, but it was a long time ago...

Ms. Happiness
Aug 26, 2009

Benny the Snake posted:

I realized today that I shouldn't put "sales experience" on my resume or on my cover letters, as they'd just invite answers to questions that would keep me from getting hired. Fortunately, I created two separate resumes and kept the original untouched. What I am going to put in my cover letters is how I am currently volunteering at the library. I'm not getting that position at the law firm. I haven't heard from them but I know I'm not getting it. There is now way I can put "sales experience" without at least mentioning my previous job and there's no way I can spin that so I'm just going to leave it off altogether. And no, that job isn't on my resume.

Call the law firm and see what's up. Don't just assume you're not getting the job.

Eris
Mar 20, 2002

Ms. Happiness posted:

Call the law firm and see what's up. Don't just assume you're not getting the job.

Do not do this. No office wants to have their day interrupted and field calls like this. It's not as if you were going to hire someone and then forgot to do so until they called and reminded you.

That kind of "persistence" maybe only works in retail gigs. If you must follow up, use email - it's more easily ignored if they don't want to speak to you, and you're more likely to get a real answer. Someone picking up the phone may hedge because they're uncomfortable.

I am curious why our normally over- confident Benny doesn't think he got this gig.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

Eris posted:

Do not do this. No office wants to have their day interrupted and field calls like this. It's not as if you were going to hire someone and then forgot to do so until they called and reminded you.

That kind of "persistence" maybe only works in retail gigs. If you must follow up, use email - it's more easily ignored if they don't want to speak to you, and you're more likely to get a real answer. Someone picking up the phone may hedge because they're uncomfortable.

I am curious why our normally over- confident Benny doesn't think he got this gig.

He probably accidentally set the place on fire which is why he is down on his chances.

almightyerin
Apr 16, 2007

The one the only. Accept no substitutes.
Do they have Waffle Houses in California?

ThatCguy
Jan 19, 2008

almightyerin posted:

Do they have Waffle Houses in California?

"They told me to pour the batter on the Waffle iron, but I've always heard you pour it on a griddle so I argued. Got let go"

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

ThatCguy posted:

"They told me to pour the batter on the Waffle iron, but I've always heard you pour it on a griddle so I argued. Got let go"

"They were a waffle house, so I thought they would be more tolerant of indecision; ten minutes to decide which plate to wash first and which order to put on the table first didn't seem so bad by that metric."

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Making fun of the mentally ill is really good fun. Especially when they start to work hard and address their issues.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol he thinks Benny is working hard on anything

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

juche mane posted:

Making fun of the mentally ill is really good fun. Especially when they start to work hard and address their issues.

You know, I've mentioned before that my job has me helping intellectually disabled people find work, fit in and lead good lives, so I really hope you can understand where I'm coming from when I say that posts like this really have no place in this thread. Benny is a normal, fully capable person whose laziness and irresponsibility are his own fault. Even Benny realizes this. No need to run up in here with your goofy snark posts.

E: Benny, you should go see the oracle about your next move :shobon:

Impatient Skype JO fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Jun 1, 2014

Kingdom of Sin
Feb 27, 2005

O frabjous day
I honestly don’t even know how I feel about Benny being referred to as “mentally ill” at this point. I know there was the whole psychosis thing, but that seemed entirely based around him hearing his name said out loud when it wasn’t. My perfectly sane husband thinks he hears poo poo all the time. Never in talking to Benny has he come across as unhinged, just mentally… different. If having really poor decision making skills is a mental illness, then I know a lot of crazy people all of a sudden. I don’t mean to play the special snowflake here but I guess as somebody with a definite mental illness that I struggle with every day, it doesn’t sit right with me to put my condition in the same category with somebody who's just kind of a tard. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Kingdom of Sin posted:

I honestly don’t even know how I feel about Benny being referred to as “mentally ill” at this point. I know there was the whole psychosis thing, but that seemed entirely based around him hearing his name said out loud when it wasn’t. My perfectly sane husband thinks he hears poo poo all the time. Never in talking to Benny has he come across as unhinged, just mentally… different. If having really poor decision making skills is a mental illness, then I know a lot of crazy people all of a sudden. I don’t mean to play the special snowflake here but I guess as somebody with a definite mental illness that I struggle with every day, it doesn’t sit right with me to put my condition in the same category with somebody who's just kind of a tard. I dunno, maybe I'm wrong.

If there is a mental disorder whose definition is "lack of common sense and logical thinking ability" then Benny would have that.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

juche mane posted:

No one is talking about you

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Shelf Adventure posted:

Couldn't you just say you sold your own poo poo on eBay and that's how you know how to do it? It's not like there's a massive barrier to set up an account. Hell, you could well some of your comics and actually do that.
That's good advice. I'll keep "sales experience" on my resume and if asked, I'll answer that I've personally sold items on those sites. That way I can avoid talking about my previous job and still maintain that I have sales experience.

I am OK
Mar 9, 2009

LAWL

juche mane posted:

Agreed, which is why I read e/n.

4th Asclepiadean
Feb 18, 2012

JakeP posted:

No one is talking about you

:iceburn:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

juche mane posted:

Benny is not mentally ill he's just really bad at doing things.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

juche mane posted:

There's mentally ill and then there's Benny.

Also :laffo: at anything Benny does qualifying as 'working hard.'

Tipps
Apr 18, 2006

party in the front

business in the back

Benny the Snake posted:

That's good advice. I'll keep "sales experience" on my resume and if asked, I'll answer that I've personally sold items on those sites. That way I can avoid talking about my previous job and still maintain that I have sales experience.

Interviewer: "What kind of things did you sell?"

What will you answer, Benny?

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?
Discarded books from the library where he volunteers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impatient Skype JO
Nov 26, 2011

you posted:

your text here

Dark Souls posted:

Refurbished shopping carts?
The Benny T. Snake Thunderdome Anthology?
Combat Dish Trays?
Zucchini Spatulas?
Jarred farts?

The possibilities are endless.

• Locked thread