Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KamenZero
Oct 19, 2013

tinkerttoy posted:

That's when the spider with your mom's head started singing Queen, right?

Actually it was my sister's head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

:mario: Part XL - World 6 Green Stars :mario:

Baldurdash / YouTube
(guests: ArgonMatrix)

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

ArgonMatrix was not content with showing off his superior playing capabilities, now he has to show off his superior punmaking capabilities.

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Ometeotl posted:

ArgonMatrix was not content with showing off his superior playing capabilities, now he has to show off his superior punmaking capabilities.

That moment at the end of the video was pretty amazing.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Congratulations to Slowbeef, I look forward to hearing your daughter on Retsupurae: the Next Generation someday. "When will these people learn to stop putting a camcorder inside an Oculus Rift headset?"

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Neruz posted:

That moment at the end of the video was pretty amazing.

What was it? I missed it, must have faced out or something.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Why are there water skimmers skimming the floor of the throwback galaxy?

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

Ariong posted:

Why are there water skimmers skimming the floor of the throwback galaxy?

They got very lost.

Mr. Soop
Feb 18, 2011

Bonsai Guy

Y-Hat posted:

Wonder if Slowbeef's gonna have an announcement in his next video appearance....

slowbeef said he wouldn't, but maybe Diabetus could.

"When slowbeef's daughter is old enough he's thinking of sending her to Face Camp for the summer, welcome back to Super Mario Galaxy 2."

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Slowbeef's daughter meets Lowtax's daughter when they are teenagers. History repeats itself.

LP, LP never changes.

ArgonMatrix
Jun 11, 2012

The Nonagram loves you, truly.
:siren:Challenge Video!:siren:

It might seem like I've been away for a long time, but I've actually just been hard at work recording a whopping 9 challenges for this next video—they're that hard! Join me and Diabetus for that by clicking Lubba down below.

You know you want to click him anyway.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Come on ArgonMatrix. You need to think more creatively. Like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_9zTDlnC4I

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.
To be honest I just watch these for the puns, the gameplay part just fills the face between the puns. Not that I'm complaining about there being gameplay in an LP, if it were all puns it'd be to much so it's important to face out the puns.

ArgonMatrix posted:

:siren:Challenge Video!:siren:

It might seem like I've been away for a long time, but I've actually just been hard at work recording a whopping 9 challenges for this next video—they're that hard! Join me and Diabetus for that by clicking Lubba down below.

You know you want to click him anyway.
That last star was really tense.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

If you hadn't gotten hit during the no jumping challenge, could you have burned your butt and bounced into the star?

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Ariong posted:

If you hadn't gotten hit during the no jumping challenge, could you have burned your butt and bounced into the star?

Even with two butt bounces I don't think you can get enough horizontal with the last butt bounce (unless you're up really high and going down like in the Bowser stage), since once you hit not-lava you kinda don't bounce anymore.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Ariong posted:

I think the star is too far away to be able to do that.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

ArgonMatrix I do not think I want to click on Lubba's "down below".

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness

beep by grandpa posted:

ArgonMatrix I do not think I want to click on Lubba's "down below".

Deep down you really do.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Neruz posted:

Deep down you really do.

I go to church to resist those urges.

Kobold
Jan 22, 2008

Centuries of knowledge ingrained into my brain,
and this STILL makes no sense.

beep by grandpa posted:

It's hard to resist that hunka-hunka burnin' Lubba.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

beep by grandpa posted:

And here I thought church was all about touching others...

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And here I thought church was all about touching others...

Usually not in the plaid stretchy pants region though.

This has been a really great LP, Diabetus. I'm especially impressed by your ability to keep the material engaging during this Green Star phase of things. What was the process you went through before deciding to tackle the green stars using this format?

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Sometimes, when I think of Bowser and all the crap he does, I just think he is a complete waste of face.

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

Discendo Vox posted:

What was the process you went through before deciding to tackle the green stars using this format?
Just winging it while I was editing down the raw footage - wanted to cut out most of the traversal while leaving enough in to ground anyone watching to where each star is and what it takes to get them. I left in returning to the ship so collecting stars wouldn't go so quickly to the point where it'd be easy to miss out on stuff to talk about (and maximize Lubba chat opportunities).

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Diabetus posted:

(and maximize Lubba chat opportunities).

The most important part of the LP.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

Araenna posted:

The most important part of the LP.

Well you can only get one of the brothers to an S rank support conversation with him so you want to make the most of it.

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Captain Pissweak posted:

Well you can only get one of the brothers to an S rank support conversation with him so you want to make the most of it.

True but only Luigi can get the special ending where he and Bill Board get married on the Face Ship

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

True but only Luigi can get the special ending where he and Bill Board get married on the Face Ship

Dearly beLubba'd, we are gathered here today...

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Will Lubba be in Smash Bros? Will be attack with Faceship puns?

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Ő_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Ő

PassTheRemote posted:

Will Lubba be in Smash Bros? Will be attack with Faceship puns?
He's the hidden final boss that you fight if you get to the final boss of the single player game without dying once and jumping on the hardest difficulty. When you beat him, you unlock Lubba mode that turns everyone and everything (including the game's textures) into Lubba.

However, this cheat will not be available until it's released as free DLC on December 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM. That way, 2015 will be the Year of our Lord Lubba. :stare:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Can I propose that we have a stream of the last star in the game?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Y-Hat posted:

Can I propose that we have a stream of the last star in the game?

I second this.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

beep by grandpa posted:

I second this.

I'm pretty sure he's already finished recording everything. He just needs to commentate and upload is all, I think

Diabetus
Jul 5, 2004

ChaosArgate posted:

I'm pretty sure he's already finished recording everything. He just needs to commentate and upload is all, I think
Yep, everything's recorded (just two videos left in the LP!). I could sorta stream but it'd have to be the PC's recording screen which is a few seconds delayed, and I'd need more long USB cables to drag the mic to where the console stuff is else you'd just hear distant yelling the entire time. So it's really not worth the hassle.

ReturnOfFable
Oct 9, 2012

No tears, only dreams.

Diabetus posted:

Yep, everything's recorded (just two videos left in the LP!). I could sorta stream but it'd have to be the PC's recording screen which is a few seconds delayed, and I'd need more long USB cables to drag the mic to where the console stuff is else you'd just hear distant yelling the entire time. So it's really not worth the hassle.

Well, there goes all those distant face puns I wanted to hear.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It'd only be worth it if he did it with his feet.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Diabetus posted:

Yep, everything's recorded (just two videos left in the LP!).
Heh, good one! Everyone knows this LP is eternal and will continue long enough for civilizations to face their calenders on it (this probably already happened).

Neruz
Jul 23, 2012

A paragon of manliness
Now im imagining Diabetus' commentating a video from the other side of the room.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Heh, good one! Everyone knows this LP is eternal and will continue long enough for civilizations to face their calenders on it (this probably already happened).

Oh come on, this is LP is gonna end. Sometimes life throws difficult times at you. You've gotta accept that, and space them as they come.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Neruz posted:

Now im imagining Diabetus' commentating a video from the other side of the room.

"Welcome to the Super Mario Galaxy 2 LP, but this time I'm lost...in...FAAAAAAAAACE..."

• Locked thread