Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
LaikatheSpaceDog: Please tell me you're running a Shadowrun campaign with those guys. (Bonus respect points if they're the PC's!)

Canspark: What GW set is that bird wizard from?

e: poo poo, top of the page and no pic. Here's a quick (like, I took it just now) progress-pic, showing one of my earliest minis (I think my second-ever?) from 2009 next to my most recent from this week.

Yes, that's dust on the left-hand mini's base.

Any progress I've made is due almost entirely to the oath thread. Thanks again!

Dr. Gargunza fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath an island and 4 shipwrecks from GW's Dreadfleet and 1 pirate from god knows where(54mm) for the month of June.

LaikatheSpaceDog
May 1, 2014

Under 15 posted:

Nobody has quoted these dudes but I really like the color selection on them - fits the cyberpunk theme just right. The colors match the conversion work well

Dr. Gargunza posted:

LaikatheSpaceDog: Please tell me you're running a Shadowrun campaign with those guys. (Bonus respect points if they're the PC's!)

Thanks! Yeah, most of my stuff ends up neon-soaked...

Oh, man... if only I could get some people to play Shadowrun with me...

Also: If I wanted to post some alternate-angle shots of the minis can I still do that in my Oath Complete post? Even though it's a new month?

LaikatheSpaceDog fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 1, 2014

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Zark the Damned posted:

The latter - we're just keen to paint, is all :)

I'll say, I just had to waste my best morning for painting this month because of the Samoa time difference! (I got to used to GMT matching up)

I, Grey Hunter, First of that name, Annoyer of the LP forums and most terrible of painters, hearby oath for the fine month of June 240 1815 British Napoleonic Redcoats!

In 6mm scale, because even I am not that insane.

For ease of counting, This is 240 men, on 60 4 man sprues, glued for painting 6 to a stick. Overall, this will make me 15 bases of infantry.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

I, Dagon, Oath for June 4 Reaper Bones Nova Corp guys and one GW Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus

MollyMetroid
Jan 20, 2004

Trout Clan Daimyo
At Dagon's urging I, Zero Suit Ridley, Oath for June 3 Torakage from Wyrd

Red Shoe
Apr 16, 2005

Brogies in arms!
:siren:New oath! A Cyclops Shaman and Aptimus Marketh:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
For June, I, Electric Hobo, oath the Roc Warrior from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

I Signal oath six Strain dudes from Sedition Wars (in 28mm)

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
I, YF19pilot, oath for the month of June, the Scibor Miniatures Summer Set (28mm) that I had won as a prize in last year's Oath Thread.

Extra shot to show they are primed:

I will probably add to this oath once this month's theme is made official.

edit: would like to add, having won this set and looked up who Scibor is, I really like their Polish Historical minis/models, and will try to do something with those later in the season.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
+ + INQUISITOR TRAMADOS REPORTING + +

+ + The ork subject Mr Green has been inducted as a Secret Agent of the Inquisition. + +

+ + Our first location to scout is the deathworld system Proxima Mortalis + +

+ + The world is infested with man-eating foliage of all sizes, sinkholes, volcanoes and more, with carniverous flora and fauna unseen in other systems throughout the Imperium + +

+ + The hunt starts for the -+REDACTED+- here + + Early reports from rogue traders have enabled agents of the Imperium to trace the -+REDACTED+- to this system, and specifically to the 3rd planet of the system + +

+ + Our attention must be ever-vigilant, as a single misstep can cause Secret Agent Green, our only asset who has personal experience with the -+REDACTED+- to be instantly killed + +

Bloody cripes! dis place iz men'al! spiky plants chasing after me, acid rain eating troo' da ship 'ull, even da boids iz crazy, eatin' half da advance scoutz

This month's theme, AKA the INQUISITOR'S JOURNAL:
All you have to do this month to earn your Inuisitor's Journal point is to do something with the base of your model(s) that different than the normal 'dip in sand, paint & wash' technique. Ideally this means using cork, slate, seed pods, bitz, something scratchbuilt or molded in Green Stuff, etc. Even using a custom base such as those offered by Oath Thread sponsor Dragon Forge counts! You only have to do the Journal on ONE (1, a single) base to earn your point, however if you're wanting to impress the judges (see below!) you might want to do one really nice one, or several pretty good ones!

Models that use a clear base, no base at all, etc., get the Journal point for free (in the same manner that the basing point in previous Oath Threads was given for these same models), however you might not get any points from the judges (see below).

Completing the Inquisitor's Journal gives you an easy point, so if you want to be in the running for Grand Prizes at the end of Season 5, you'll be wanting every point you can get! Even if you don't care about points, many of the Journals will get you to try painting techniques you may not have tried before, so go for it!

ALSO, the judges will each be deciding who's done the Journal in the most unique and creative way and EACH judge will be giving a point for their top pick, so that's a potential 3 extra points just waiting for you!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 1, 2014

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

I, lovestick do oath the following for the month of June 2014.

1. 12 Man O' War ships (Citadel, 1:1200 scale)
2. 2 Sabertusks (GW, 28mm)
3. Ironblaster (GW, 28mm)
4. Bruiser BSB (GW, 28mm)
5. Slaughtermaster (GW, 28mm)
6. Firebelly (GW, 28mm)
7. 6 Ironguts (GW, 28mm)
8. 4 Mournfang Calvary (GW, 28mm)
9. 1 Gnoblar (GW, 28mm)
10. 5 Ironguts (on sprue, GW, 28mm)

Click here for big

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

waah posted:

Why let the gift of insomnia keep me from getting a headstart on this month?

I, Waah, Oath this Master Tormentor Morghoul and Cyclops Raider from Privateer Press
[quote="Esser-Z" post="430409911"]
I, Esser-Z, oath for this month of June these five (5) Mantic Orks!

Zark the Damned posted:

Oathing time! I will be oathing some more later in the month but am away from my main stash at the moment and only have a few minis on me. Anyway -

I, Zark the Damned, Oath the following minis for the month of June 2014:
One Empire Battle Standard Bearer
One Human Wizard

Both are 28mm Citadel Minis

I know it's not a flag per-se, but I assume the BSB will be OK for Fly your Flag?

Similarly, I intend to copy the Box Art for the Wizard. I dug the AHQ box out of the attic and took a picture as GW don't admit to the game existing, would this suffice?
Yes to both your Fly Your Flag and Box Art questions!

Gareth Gobulcoque posted:

I, Gareth Gobulcoque, do oath an island and 4 shipwrecks from GW's Dreadfleet and 1 pirate from god knows where(54mm) for the month of June.

Grey Hunter posted:

I'll say, I just had to waste my best morning for painting this month because of the Samoa time difference! (I got to used to GMT matching up)

I, Grey Hunter, First of that name, Annoyer of the LP forums and most terrible of painters, hearby oath for the fine month of June 240 1815 British Napoleonic Redcoats!

In 6mm scale, because even I am not that insane.

For ease of counting, This is 240 men, on 60 4 man sprues, glued for painting 6 to a stick. Overall, this will make me 15 bases of infantry.
:what:

Dagon posted:

I, Dagon, Oath for June 4 Reaper Bones Nova Corp guys and one GW Dark Angels Interrogator Chaplain Seraphicus

Zero Suit Ridley posted:

At Dagon's urging I, Zero Suit Ridley, Oath for June 3 Torakage from Wyrd

Red Shoe posted:

:siren:New oath! A Cyclops Shaman and Aptimus Marketh:siren:
These are Privateer Press.

Electric Hobo posted:

For June, I, Electric Hobo, oath the Roc Warrior from Battlelore 2. Edition by FFG.

Signal posted:

I Signal oath six Strain dudes from Sedition Wars (in 28mm)

YF19pilot posted:

I, YF19pilot, oath for the month of June, the Scibor Miniatures Summer Set (28mm) that I had won as a prize in last year's Oath Thread.

lovestick posted:

I, lovestick do oath the following for the month of June 2014.

1. 12 Man O' War ships (Citadel, 1:1200 scale)
2. 2 Sabertusks (GW, 28mm)
3. Ironblaster (GW, 28mm)
4. Bruiser BSB (GW, 28mm)
5. Slaughtermaster (GW, 28mm)
6. Firebelly (GW, 28mm)
7. 6 Ironguts (GW, 28mm)
8. 4 Mournfang Calvary (GW, 28mm)
9. 1 Gnoblar (GW, 28mm)
10. 5 Ironguts (on sprue, GW, 28mm)

All of the above oaths are Accepted!

Sorry for the wait, boys and girls!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I, Pyrolocutus, oath two Cygnar Grenadier light warjacks from Privateer Press.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Pyrolocutus posted:

I, Pyrolocutus, oath two Cygnar Grenadier light warjacks from Privateer Press.

Accepted!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Ok so just to be clear: if you have a mini that normally has a base, then you gotta tart it up a bit for the Jurnal. But if your mini normally doesn't have a base, you get the jurnal point for free (but have no chance at impressing the judges this month). Is that it?

I was probably going to paint a dreadfleet ship, but I want all their bases to match each other and the playing mat, so I'll probably add in something to do a fancy base with.

Fuegan
Aug 23, 2008

FW need to hurry up and post my drat Legion Praetors!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Ok so just to be clear: if you have a mini that normally has a base, then you gotta tart it up a bit for the Jurnal. But if your mini normally doesn't have a base, you get the jurnal point for free (but have no chance at impressing the judges this month). Is that it?

I was probably going to paint a dreadfleet ship, but I want all their bases to match each other and the playing mat, so I'll probably add in something to do a fancy base with.

Yes - adding something as you're describing will get the judges to have a look. Basically if you can get the judge's attention with your base you're in with a chance at an extra point or 3 from the judges.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Oath Failed! for May :(

I had the 10 Kasrkin done on time but I underestimated how long the Inquisitor would take to paint. Oh well at least I've got some painting done and that's what it's all really about right?

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

ghetto wormhole posted:

Oath Failed! for May :(

I had the 10 Kasrkin done on time but I underestimated how long the Inquisitor would take to paint. Oh well at least I've got some painting done and that's what it's all really about right?

Indeed, I still have one or two unfinished sets from last year and now I've got a new army of mantic dwarves to start :psydwarf:

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
Another jurnal question: do otherwise empty bases count? I have 2 oval flying bases that fit the bill, but the flyers were going to be next month's oath. Can I do the bases (plus the minis i had planned) this month for the Jurnal?

Warboot
Dec 13, 2012

Snuff films...Ya know, for kids!
I Warboot Oath, 10 praetorian swordsmen, the 2 man unit attachment, And Tyrant Xerxis. Privateer Press

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I, ijyt oath 20x Games Workshop Skaven Clanrats (28mm) for the month of June.

Tadhg
Aug 5, 2007

AUT MORS
AUT GLORIA

:hist101:
Oh, :hellyeah: this month is exactly what I've been hoping for!

:hist101:I, Tadhg, Oath the Wood Elf Sisters of Twilight on Gwindalor for the month of June:hist101:

The Sisters are from Games Workshop's Wood Elf "Sisters of Twilight on Forest Dragon" kit, and the giant eagle being used for Gwindalor is Game Workshop's Wood Elf "Lord on Giant Eagle" kit.

This is going to be an army centerpiece, so I'm going to try to do my best. Let's see what happens...

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Let's keep the momentum going!
I Oath 1 Mule warjack and Ashlynn D'Elyss
Privateer Press

Click for huge to see the date

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Dagon posted:

Adding to my oath, one Reaper Bones IMEF marine:

Rahotep75
May 21, 2012

I'm just a wild and crazy kind of god.
*sigh.

Oath Failed.

On a totally unrelated note, don't Oath anything a couple of days before getting eye surgery, thinking that you can do some painting during your convalescent leave...

On another totally unrelated note, can I re-oath something that wasn't even painted or would that have to count as a Saving the Whales?

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oathing: Two Reaper Bones models, Privateer Press' Blessing of Vengeance and Monolith Bearer!

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
:woop: I, JerryLee, oath to paint for the month of June: :woop:

:getin: One Trojan Swordsman, two Basti Gamers, one Demigod of Hades, and one Bronze Owl
:getin:

All are 28mm scale models by Crocodile Games

The owl is on a different, large base because I'm planning to use it as a marker rather than a unit. I'll be going for I Rolled a 6 with this. :)

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
Gentlemen, a quick question: my standard priming method is black with an overhead spray of grey. If I'm reading the rules correctly, this makes the models ineligible to be oathed until they have a single-color basecoat, correct?

As long as I'm asking questions, can each model have a different basecoat? Say two red, one dark blue, and one bone? Or do all the models in the Oath have to start from the same color?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I, Asphyxious, Oath 1 Tetto'Eko from Games Workshop for the Month of June

muskets
Nov 23, 2013

ルンピカビーム!

BirdieBedtime posted:

Gentlemen, a quick question: my standard priming method is black with an overhead spray of grey. If I'm reading the rules correctly, this makes the models ineligible to be oathed until they have a single-color basecoat, correct?

As long as I'm asking questions, can each model have a different basecoat? Say two red, one dark blue, and one bone? Or do all the models in the Oath have to start from the same color?

What I'd do in this situation, if you haven't primed them already, is oath them bare-metal. Black with an overhead spray of grey violates the one-colour rule. As far as I know, single colour is per-model, but I don't run the place, so don't take my word for it.

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
Holy crap, I did a whole bunch of things that I didn't expect to do in one day, so uh...

Oath Complete!

Not sure if the time stamp is really needed, but Speed Painting!

Also, Box Art! (or my best jab at as close to as possible)

I want to give a big thanks to Scibor Miniatures for having this as a prize in last season, and for their awesome work. I certainly can't do their models much justice I'm afraid, but I truly cannot decide which is my favorite.

But, not to schlub off for the rest of the month, I will make an OATH ADDITION of one Battlefront/Flames of War artillery OP team (15mm) which has been glued onto one of Battlefront's custom bases just for this Jurnal (and not hastily done for my Italians in last night's battle).

I really need either a second camera or to move my lamp back to my computer desk...

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.

BirdieBedtime posted:

If it's the same as last year, I think an overhead spray is considered beginning the painting. I would oath the model before spraying, but obviously this kinda sucks if you've got a large already-sprayed backlog waiting to be oathed.

The second question I'm 99% sure is OK, as long as each mini is itself only one color.

BirdieBedtime
Apr 1, 2011
That's what I figured, regarding my primer question. I'll see what word from on high says before I do anything else; I have a bunch of these guys already basecoated, and thought that I may as well oath them as long as I was going to bang through them before I get distracted again.

Diosamblet
Oct 9, 2004

Me and my shadow
The wiki article on How to Oath isn't much help on this either:

quote:

Please note that the one-color rule also includes zenthal-primed models also!
That is... not helpful. Includes as in "is included among one-color prime jobs" or "is included in the things forbidden by this rule"?
This is how I prime my minis, and I have a backlog of pre-shaded minis ready to start oathing... but can't use my airbrush any time soon to prep un-primed stuff.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
I don't really see how someone trying to oath zenthal models is any different from someone trying to oath any other model where they've put multiple coats/layers/washes on.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, Oath to paint for June Season 5

Dystopian Wars by Spartan Games (1:1200)
4x Arbalete Medium Land Carriers
4x Marteau 'ACA-8' class Bombards
4x Focault 'R-6' class Medium Tanks
4x L'Arman 'Char 1C' class Heavy Tanks

Deadzone by Mantic (28mm)
2x Marauder Ripper Suits
2x Marauder Goblin Guntracks with dual weapons
2x Marauder Goblin Ammo Carriers
1x Marauder Hulk

40k by GW (28mm)
5x Striking Scorpions
1x Striking Scorpion Exarch

Journal is something I was already doing anyway, should get another couple theme groups out of this. It's a lot to do, but I'm not going to get a month this light again this year (hopefully, because I really don't want to still be unemployed in 3 months), so piling on a decent size.

Also, the Dystopian Wars stuff is going to go on my diorama - I don't have everything I need for the diorama yet and honestly can't afford a couple of the largest bits still, so I'm going to progressively oath the minis I already have going on it this season and then special oath the actual board and terrain itself when I get them.

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe
I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to paint the following miniatures for the month of June: (1) Brienne of Tarth (Dark Sword Miniatures); and (3) heroes from Flying Frog Productions' Fortune & Glory board game: Jenny Butler, Grant Jackson, & Nigel Harrington! All are 28mm scale. Pic is thumbnailed to allow clicking to verify date & location.

None of these are primed; the green on the Flying Frog miniatures is liquid greenstuff (with which I got a bit carried away). If this violates the one-color rule, please let me know ASAP and I'll re-take the photo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

Fun Shoe

krushgroove posted:

However, I will pony up $25 for a random Alternate Universe oath, no judging or anything. The only catch is we'll need 10 or more people to complete their Oaths at the end of the season!

I will take that challenge!!! Here is my :pcgaming: ALTERNATE UNIVERSE OATH :pcgaming: for season five, in which I, Dr. Gargunza, oath to complete (48) miniatures from Flying Frog Productions' Fortune & Glory boardgame by the end of April 2015!
The figures are all 28mm scale. I painted some of the minis (8 temples, 4 heroes and a zeppelin) in last season's oath; this year I intend to complete the whole shebang, in an oath so big it took 2 pictures to fit it all in! (Thumbnailed for ease in viewing/confirming the date & time.)

The figures are as follows:

The Mooks
(L-R) (8) Mobsters; (8) Crimson Hand Cultists; (16) Nazi Soldiers.

The Big Bads/Big drat Heroes
Crimson Hand villains (3, L-R): The Inquisitor, Angelica Hamilton, Sir Benjamin Crowley;
Mob villains (5, L-R): Franco Fedicci, Vanessa Love, Joey Smiles, Icebox Eddie, Mickey "the Hammer";
Nazi villains (3, L-R): Herr Teufel, Tresa, Colonel Stahl.
Heroes (5, L-R): Alexander Cartwright, Angel Espinoza, Sharon Hunter, Li Mei Chen, Jake Zane.

(Note: Some of the figures have liquid greenstuff slapped haphazardly on them; let me know if you need me to re-take those pictures with a single primer color on the figures.)

I don't even care about prizes, I just want these things done!
...Having said that, of course, will nine other oathers join me in this challenge? (Pretend I gave some big inspirational speech about the spirit of competition and backing each other's efforts here.)

• Locked thread