Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Endorph posted:

He was being sarcastic, because if you actually believe that about Japan you're kind of silly. Japan is a foreign country with some rear end-backwards things about it and some things that would be disconcerting and odd to a westerner, but basing your view of an entire country off a niche of a niche of its popculture is ridiculously stupid. It's like basing your view of Russia off of Stalker and that one level in Call of Duty.

Are you saying Metal Wolf Chaos lied to me about how life is in the USA? My existence is a lie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Someone remind me, who is older between Theo and Elizabeth?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

AradoBalanga posted:

Someone remind me, who is older between Theo and Elizabeth?
I believe Theodore is the youngest sibling, though thinking about it I'm not sure it's ever stated.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Theo is the youngest and picked on quite a bit by both Liz and Marge. They fed him dog food one time without him knowing.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Theo is the youngest and picked on quite a bit by both Liz and Marge. They fed him dog food one time without him knowing.

That's hosed up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i msis your old av

A Bystander
Oct 10, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

Sounds like something older siblings would do, even if they are otherworldly beings.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

Ah, okay.

Now I have a feeling that the apron Theo is wearing in Q was picked out by his sisters just to mess with him.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Krad posted:

Happens all the time in New York so it must be true.

The Ninja turtles while they are reptiles, are not lizards.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
He must be mistaking New York for San Franciso, some giant lizard attacks happened there recently.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
im disappointed it turned out those rl zombies were just insane people on drugs.

or so they want us to believe..........

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Endorph posted:

i msis your old av

Somebody paid ten dollars, for these chicken nuggets. Ten dollars that could have been better spent on the best Persona game, Persona 1.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Or nocturne.

Captain Walker
Apr 7, 2009

Mother knows best
Listen to your mother
It's a scary world out there

Freak Futanari posted:

Somebody paid ten dollars, for these chicken nuggets. Ten dollars that could have been better spent on the best Persona game, Persona 1.

that's a funny way to spell "Innocent Sin"

Did EP ever go back up on the PSN?

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.

Freak Futanari posted:

Speaking of Persona 1, I saw that there was a PSP remake of the game. I heard the original PS1 Persona 1 was pretty terrible, did the PSP remake make it playable? Or should I continue living in a world where Persona 3 was the first Persona game.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Speaking of Persona 1, I saw that there was a PSP remake of the game. I heard the original PS1 Persona 1 was pretty terrible, did the PSP remake make it playable? Or should I continue living in a world where Persona 3 was the first Persona game.

The PSP remake of Persona 1 is very good, and it is an excellent game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

persona 1's psp remake doesn't really fix any of the problems with the game, save the ones introduced by the localization.

But why would you not play P2?

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Beautiful Ninja posted:

They fixed the stupid as hell translation but they kept the samey dungeons, offputting combat system, and general unpolished feel to it.

Innocent Sin is the first Persona game, by the way, because that has Eikichi.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Beautiful Ninja posted:

Atlus already lives in that world, so you might as well too.

Endorph posted:

persona 1's psp remake doesn't really fix any of the problems with the game, save the ones introduced by the localization.

The PSP version actually shows you who can equip what equipment/Personas and attack ranges instead of just sort of making you guess.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
The PSP version also added the ability to turn off animations in battle, right? That's a pretty nice feature, since the combat is so repetitive and boring.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can speed up the combat, not turn the animations off.

Also the best Persona game is actually Dancing All Night.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

In order for DAN to be proper, it needs to have Mark as DLC.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Beef Waifu posted:

Dancing All Night doesn't have Eikichi though. :colbert:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Welcome to the MegaTen thread where all we talk about is Persona.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Beef Waifu posted:

Is it time for another Chaos vs. Law vs. Neutral vs. 'This argument is stupid' argument?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
CHAOS RULES

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Beef Waifu posted:

I think the best Persona game is Shin Megami Tensei IV. :colbert:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Beef Waifu posted:

Don't fuckin' look at me I tried to save it.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Beef Waifu posted:

Maybe if SMT IV ever got released in Europe I'd be able to talk about that.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The best Shin Megami Tensei is Mind Zero.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Snake, is this what you've been up to since 999? :stare:

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

ChaosArgate posted:

Snake, is this what you've been up to since 999? :stare:

Better that than VLR.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Something about Mind Zero just looks really ugly.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Mind Zero looks fun in a retarded way, but it's on the Vita or something, and nobody gives a poo poo about the Vita.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

P1 has outdated gameplay, but it was never the selling point of the game anyway.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Mind Zero isn't too bad, just at some points the story seems like Persona fan fiction. Other selves, inner and outer realm, a room between realms, the English VA pool being so small that you're hearing familiar characters, and more recently the stuff above about MINDs going berserk if someone rejects it

You're not going in to dungeons to save people, trying to defeat an ultimate evil, or solving a murder mystery. You're just trying to figure out what MINDs are and why the government is trying to stop them. I cherry picked several screenshots as more of a joke. It's a first person dungeon crawler, more like Persona 1 and the graphics definitely were inspired by Persona 3 Portable. I'm liking it more than I thought I would.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

P1 has outdated gameplay, but it was never the selling point of the game anyway.

I can handle gameplay being kinda boring and samey, but Persona 1 actively makes you not want to play it.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
You just have to accept incredibly shallow combat and a really stupid spell loot system where abilities need to be grinded out or found on random enemy drops. Not the best thought out persona-like, but not the worst.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Beef Waifu posted:

Where the only games released are all Persona 4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

Mind Zero looks fun in a retarded way, but it's on the Vita or something, and nobody gives a poo poo about the Vita.

I give a poo poo about the vita, futanari.