Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Discordians explicitly have no leadership position.

On that note, I am curious what my great leader will decide to do with our little party. Perhaps we could find a home within the Monternos or the Inclusionists. Or maybe we could be counted among the Discordians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

RINO ##joins the Discordians.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Yeah, unless someone is offering to make the Guiding light a sub-party (and why would they, it's just me) I'm going to have to go with the Discordians

The Guiding Light ##joins the Discordians

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Jun 1, 2014

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Yay, the Inclusionists made it as a major party! Sure, it's the smallest of them all, but it's the idea that counts!

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Since I get the feeling it'll be overlooked, I have ideas for southern Africa...

At the Point of the Iklwa

The fall of Somalia was the death knell not only for that nation, but for the concept of Islamic establishment in East Africa overall. While numerous Arab princes and traders had voyaged as far as Zanzibar, the Byzantine push against the Turkish holdings in Anatolia and subsequent assassinations of sultans left any regional Islamic power in the Middle East a tenuous establishment at best. The instability of the area left the peoples of Southern Africa isolated, but the limited contact they'd had with those seeking the area's wealth brought them to work to exploit the area for themselves. As a result, the Kingdom of Mutapa rose to prominence, and trade in the region began to flow greatly, though access to Europe was limited with Somalia's stranglehold around the Gulf of Suez.

Now with the Ming having left the area in tatters, Mutapa has grown immensely in power, and become the new Somalia, a titan of commerce with fabulous wealth beyond the belief of many. In turn, settlements further inland are more common and populous - the long-standing yet stable Kongo has extensive contact with them, their push at trade setting up networks of commerce through the formerly impassible jungles. At the far south, the Zulu people have flourished and established a kingdom of their own, a more militaristic nation whose banners have flown for their neighbors. This African League, as it is called by some, is an incredibly capable power combined, one that could, with luck and strategy, even manage to stand up to France.

But separated, the three have weaknesses. Though the Kongo has a solid hold on their region, their navies and armies are almost non-existent - Ghana's firm grasp on the region north has forced the Kongolese economy to turn inwards, based more off metalworking and taxation. The Zulu is practically like the hordes of Asia, an imposing military and little else, with revolts common and an often incompetent leadership. Mutapa's wealth and naval dominance comes at the expense of issues much like Kongo's - over-reliance on their Zulu allies for military assistance, alongside internal management issues. Together the three are a force to be feared, but if split apart, they are in danger of being run into the ground by those with dreams for Africa...

In-game effects: Mutapa is...basically Kilwa, but without Islam. A Merchant Republic that's got lots of boats and rolling in Diplomatic power all the time. Kongo is an Administrative Monarchy with all that entails, a rock-solid leadership and high tax base and production - a future industrial titan in the making. The Zulu are what the Zulu do best, an Absolute Monarchy with forces that can stand up to those of the Europeans early on. You know how the Ottomans start out with the best military power that falls behind late-game? That.

There's still some colonizable places in Africa! Madagascar hasn't been opened, and one can probably wedge things in here and there, though Mutapa is liable to go for colonization for themselves. That said, they are always on really good terms - Historical Ally bonus ought to be given here to show that they default to being allies.

...I do not know what to do with India or south Asia, I will leave those to the people with greater interest in them.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
But...but...the Zulu weren't even a thing until the late 18th century!

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

When do we learn head explosions?

Patter Song posted:

But...but...the Zulu weren't even a thing until the late 18th century!

Not even as an ethnicity to boot; it wasn't until the Kingdom was established that Zulu were a thing. They're tempting because they're one of the few African historical nations people recognize (thanks Civilization, hi Mansa Musa) but they're way too late here. Vicky 2 or a late EU4 run is the real time period and Vicky 2 Zulu are almost always doomed since :greatbritain:

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

YF-23 posted:

We need to flesh this out. AJ and Cyrahzax, you guys use skype, right?

Yeah, cyrahzax02.

AdventFalls posted:

Down in Africa
Africa, a most mysterious continent. Few know what lies within it, and fewer currently wish to find out. But if you go past the historical kingdom of Ghana and the fallen Somali Republic, you may find that legacies from the rest of the world run deep...

Legacy of Rome
The Kingdom of Mapungubwe was invaded in the 12th century by mysterious men from a land called ‘Eyurope’, claiming dissatisfaction with the Senate of their homeland. This army of discontents had been tired of their Empire’s propensity towards tolerance of the ‘lesser races’, seeking to carve out a place in the world for themselves.

A series of revolts throughout the twelfth century combined with many illicit relations with the natives resulted in their overthrow and a reckoning of their legacy. The few conquerors that were left decided that they would be a counterweight to the Purple in the North. They would be the ones that would shatter that cesspool of ‘tolerance’.

If they must be the enemy of this new Rome, then they would take the form of Rome’s greatest foe – Carthage has returned.

In-Game Effect: From the Cape of Good Hope up to Zimbabwe is held by the Empire of New Carthage. Founded by the descendants of Greek Orthodox hardliners forced out by their many revolts against the Emperors and Empresses of Rome, they seek to create their own Empire where only men of the Greco-Carthage culture, people that speak Greek, and worshipers of the Orthodox religion have rights. They will eventually have Expansionist and Innovative ideas, and will declare the Roman Empire as their sworn enemy at any chance. Their capitol is Great Carthage, located roughly where Great Zimbabwe would be. They are members of the ‘European’ tech group.

:swoon:

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
Are we still doing the whole Suez Canal 400 years early thing?

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

theblastizard posted:

Are we still doing the whole Suez Canal 400 years early thing?

Yes, although I'm still trying to figure out how to set that in the mod since I haven't really gotten a handle on how canals work in WoN. So if anybody knows...

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

AdventFalls posted:

Not even as an ethnicity to boot; it wasn't until the Kingdom was established that Zulu were a thing. They're tempting because they're one of the few African historical nations people recognize (thanks Civilization, hi Mansa Musa) but they're way too late here. Vicky 2 or a late EU4 run is the real time period and Vicky 2 Zulu are almost always doomed since :greatbritain:

...not even as an ethnicity? How the hell can an ethnicity go from not existing to being the basis of a kingdom in the span of a few hundred years? I figured there have to be, well, people in that region...

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

EDIT: Disregard, that was EU3.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

##Join Discordians

Why would I ignore the true calling of my heart?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Oooh, I have sooooo many ideas for the New World.

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Can we do Africa without the tired cliches of new Carthage?

A strong merchant Swahili state is likely, given that it actually happened otl and I think we can reliably assume that East African trading is strong as all hell with the ultra china.

South Africa? Well with no canal yet, it depends on whether or not we're thinking about Cape sea traffic being useful - it'd be cool to accelerate the development of South Africa as a trading port. Let's put a Chinese trading empire down there. And then let's put a ludicrously high revolt risk on all their provinces, with no cores. gently caress it, if Africa's going to play on the usual cliches - let's play with the worst one of all, explosive decolonisation events.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I think actually calling it Carthage is a bit too on the nose, but I do like the idea of the various nobles run out of Rome over the last few centuries of political upheaval forming their own exile government somewhere. It doesn't even need to be big or threatening, I just think it's a cool fluff idea even if it ends up just being relegated to an OPM in favor of the other African ideas or something.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Forget New Carthage, how about Super Zimbabwe and Super Kilwa fighting for supremacy?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

lenoon posted:

Can we do Africa without the tired cliches of new Carthage?

A strong merchant Swahili state is likely, given that it actually happened otl and I think we can reliably assume that East African trading is strong as all hell with the ultra china.

South Africa? Well with no canal yet, it depends on whether or not we're thinking about Cape sea traffic being useful - it'd be cool to accelerate the development of South Africa as a trading port. Let's put a Chinese trading empire down there. And then let's put a ludicrously high revolt risk on all their provinces, with no cores. gently caress it, if Africa's going to play on the usual cliches - let's play with the worst one of all, explosive decolonisation events.

Yes, there is going to be a canal. Rincewind just hasn't figured out how to put it in yet.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Somebody in the EU4 mod forum had a decision that just immediately starts and completes the canal for free, so I'll just give it to whichever stupid minor power holds the provinces unless there's some more elegant way to do it.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AdventFalls posted:

Down in Africa
Africa, a most mysterious continent. Few know what lies within it, and fewer currently wish to find out. But if you go past the historical kingdom of Ghana and the fallen Somali Republic, you may find that legacies from the rest of the world run deep...

Legacy of Rome
The Kingdom of Mapungubwe was invaded in the 12th century by mysterious men from a land called ‘Eyurope’, claiming dissatisfaction with the Senate of their homeland. This army of discontents had been tired of their Empire’s propensity towards tolerance of the ‘lesser races’, seeking to carve out a place in the world for themselves.

A series of revolts throughout the twelfth century combined with many illicit relations with the natives resulted in their overthrow and a reckoning of their legacy. The few conquerors that were left decided that they would be a counterweight to the Purple in the North. They would be the ones that would shatter that cesspool of ‘tolerance’.

If they must be the enemy of this new Rome, then they would take the form of Rome’s greatest foe – Carthage has returned.

In-Game Effect: From the Cape of Good Hope up to Zimbabwe is held by the Empire of New Carthage. Founded by the descendants of Greek Orthodox hardliners forced out by their many revolts against the Emperors and Empresses of Rome, they seek to create their own Empire where only men of the Greco-Carthage culture, people that speak Greek, and worshipers of the Orthodox religion have rights. They will eventually have Expansionist and Innovative ideas, and will declare the Roman Empire as their sworn enemy at any chance. Their capitol is Great Carthage, located roughly where Great Zimbabwe would be. They are members of the ‘European’ tech group.

Legacy of Ghana
Ghana is the country most Europeans think of when they think of Africa. And indeed, Ghana is still strong. Having long converted to Islam from their ancestral faiths, they have managed to remain a single if highly decentralized state. But they are not alone.

The Ashanti Sultanate lies just to the southeast of Ghana. Ruled by a Sultan whose descendants used to be the ruling family in the twelfth century and overthrown for their seemingly heretical views, he seeks to unite the two nations under his grip.

Surrounding Ghana and the Ashanti are a slew of small fiefdoms and principalities waiting for the taking. Or can one of them defy the odds and become their own Empire?

In-Game Effect: Ghana and the Ashanti Empire are the two big names in the region.

Ghana is the only one to appear in CK2, with roughly equivalent borders. Their long legacy has produced a large nobility and focuses on Aristocratic and Administrative Ideas.

The Ashanti Empire is some ways to the southeast, and is roughly the same strength. It is Ghana’s natural rival and focuses more on Espionage and Religious ideas. The Ibadi sect is the official state religion.

Surrounding the two powerhouses are a series of small perhaps OPM states. Every nation in the area can, if they become large enough, declare themselves the masters of the region and become the Mali Empire.

Legacy of Loans
The Jewish Diaspora became less of a spread over the Middle Ages and more of a direction. By loaning money with interest to the Byzantine Empire after the Komenian Restoration began, the Jewish merchant families suddenly became the richest in Europe. After repeated requests for a vassal state of their own under the Byzantine Empire failed, they looked to Africa.

Leveraging every asset they had, they sailed around the entire continent and eventually arrived on Madagascar. Here now lies the trading republic of Helen Israel, and no one shall ever conquer her again.

In-Game Effects: Helen Israel holds the island of Madagascar and modern-day Kenya. While they are Jewish and have primary Israelite cultures, they are religiously and culturally very tolerant in honor of their Byzantine roots. They focus on Trade, Economic, and Diplomatic ideas, though one of their national traditions could give them a colonist.

Bunch of racists going to Africa after being driven out of their homeland for one reason or another and seeking conquest...you've basically made the Draka.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

TheMcD posted:

Yay, the Inclusionists made it as a major party! Sure, it's the smallest of them all, but it's the idea that counts!

Inclusionists

Gurgen III Qutuzid

This is a day of celebrations, Senator Whitlock! The Senate has shown that the faith in multi-cultural and multi-religious tolerance still rings true, and our party now belongs with the great five. Do we have any plan of conduct or plans for the future, or are we to await news from the world before making any decisions?

TheFlyingLlama posted:

Yeah, unless someone is offering to make the Guiding light a sub-party (and why would they, it's just me) I'm going to have to go with the Discordians

The Guiding Light ##joins the Discordians

GSD posted:

The Discordians explicitly have no leadership position.

On that note, I am curious what my great leader will decide to do with our little party. Perhaps we could find a home within the Monternos or the Inclusionists. Or maybe we could be counted among the Discordians.

I may not be officially appointed by Senator Whitlock to speak for the party, but as long as your military agenda stays pacifistic-defensive and you accept citizen of every faith, blood and tongue as true citizen of the Empire I personally can't see anything wrong with having both the religiously tolerant Guiding Light and the isolationist Da Qin included as sub-parties amongst the Inclusionists. You are all of minorities who only seeks representation within the state, and the representation of every imperial citizen is the main point of our Party.

Do the rest of the Inclusionists have any complaints about my points, or are you of a similar position as myself?

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

It doesn't have to be called New Carthage but I think the idea is good.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

AdventFalls posted:

It doesn't have to be called New Carthage but I think the idea is good.

I still stand by my Draka comparison, which makes me inherently dislike it.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Seeing as we are the current largest party, I have a few suggestions to make that I would like other members to go over:

1. Succession should be generational and change should occur around every Senate reorganization/session, unless the current leader steps down. Leadership should be determined among members through a -*quick*- vote, so whoever plans to make a case for themselves should do so quickly, concisely, and preferably before the Senate sessions. A Senator's family can not hold leadership successively, so the current leader can not nominate their son/daughter/nephew/niece/third cousin twice removed to be the next leader. We don't want to be Douxes now, do we? The family can come back a generation after to nominate for leadership.

(Basically, one term per member per "generation". After "S. Emilia Hira's" term is up, I [StrifeHira] can not be voted to be the next leader of the party, but can after the next. If Rubix Squid/JT Jag/Clayren becomes the next leader, they can not be voted in two times in a row, but can try for leadership again after the new leader.)

2. New leaders should always be looking towards cooperation with the other parties over conflict; we extend olive branches to other parties, so to speak, in the name of improvement. We're here to help things progress in the Empire, and making a bunch of enemies will simply not help that. Coalitions are key to this, but do not overdo it. Those looking to become party leaders should keep both this and the goal of progress in mind. Lastly, new leaders will work with the Emperor or Empress, so make sure to try and throw together something that's worth their time in emergency situations.

(Summarized, please don't pick fights. And please don't try something antithetical to the party goals. If the Adventurer Merchants and Inclusionists want to get some colonies going, support them. If the new Marivians want to up our army or naval techs, support them. etc.)

3. Leaders should have a picture of themselves made to keep track of succession. Leadership candidates are welcome to put up those as well, even if it only amounts to who has the fanciest hat or most modern sense of dress. If this is against one's beliefs or cannot be accomplished for any reason, state it and they will be given a placeholder.

(Throw together something in the CK2 Ruler Designer, find a picture off Wikipedia/Google, make one yourself, have your kids make one for you, method matters not. Last bit is a bit of flavor if you want to go with something other than a picture of a person.)

Just some things to consider for the party members, if objections come up I'm all ears.

----------

I have some ideas for Africa mixing together in my head but I'm in agreement with Yvonmukluk, please no pseudo-Draka. Please.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Throwing in agreement against not-Draka. It is even located in the same place. (Not that a differently located Draka would be better).

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Hanse LP already did the "Carthage in Exile" thing, anyway.

----------------------------

Righto, lads! We've been upgraded from a coalition to a full-fledged party! With this new promotion, I feel it's time to lay down some ground rules on how we'll operate within the Senate!

1) The leader of the party is the captain. The position of captain shall change hands after each Senate session, or if the captain wishes to step down, or is deposed. To pick a new captain, the crew must have a quick vote. The captain is the only one who can make proposals to the senate, but can only do so with approval from the crew.

Between each major update, the current party leader steps down and is replaced by someone who the rest of the party votes for. I mean very quick votes, as in less than 24 hours.

2) The rest of the party members are the crew. The crew may approve proposals made by the captain, and may weigh in and modify the proposal to their wishes. The crew chooses the captain after each Senate session. The crew may stick to their original party's goals, but must work towards the larger goals of the Adventurer Merchants.

Only the leader of the party can present proposals to be voted on by the senate at large. However, the rest of the party must vote to approve or reject it, and party members may suggest alterations to the proposal if they wish. Always keep in mind that our focus is exploration, exploitation, and excitement - try not to make alterations that screw with these goals too much.

3) I shall assume the position of captain until the end of the next proper senate session.

I'm in charge until the LP proper begins again, basically. I'm not going to make proposals until we've sorted out the world, don't worry.

Wind in our sails and land at our backs - FOR GOLD AND GLORY!

signed,

Senator Enrico Valentinius

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

I just thought it fitting considering this is a Rome LP. People can take the bits of mine they like.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

TheMcD posted:

Not quite so small anymore. I've just gotten back from a particularly lively "caucus" with the other Komnenians and it is my pleasure to announce that the Komnenian Restoration has decided to ##Join the Inclusionists. I look forward to working with my fellow peaceniks, but as my first order of business must ask: what can we do about the fact that our bitter ideological rivals in the Moternos-Marian coalition dominate the senate? I personally propose drinking heavily and singing rude songs about them, but I'm open to other ideas.

On a sadder note, I must announce the death of our beloved senate mascot Scruffles XXVI. He died of liver failure at the ripe old age of 21 (or 147 in Consul years) and will be dearly missed. Long live Scruffles XXVII!

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Da Qin will cooperate with the Inclusionists. Your philosophy of seeking stability and unity is similar to our own, the philosophy of inward perfection. And it is through this that we will become equals of China and the Da Qin of old, not through bloody conquest.
/

Arbitrary Coin
Feb 17, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Huzzah! Obviously the first point of order should be the commissioning of some sort of monument to commemorate this occasion! Would our dear emperor prefer a statue or a building, like a library?

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

AdventFalls posted:

I just thought it fitting considering this is a Rome LP. People can take the bits of mine they like.

I know we're talking about Africa now, but maybe we could use your idea for one of the breakaway nations that used to be part of Rome before being lost during Branas's regime? Say, from a fluff perspective, that once all these different republics and douxes formed their independence league and it became obvious that Branas was going to cave, various senators, military officers, and other politicians that found themselves on the wrong end of Roman politics but didn't hold land of their own relocated to one of the secessionist nations and installed themselves as the rulers there.

I don't know, I'm trying to make your general idea work because I really like it. I also have no idea what this Drakka thing everyone opposed to the idea is talking about, so v:shobon:v

Punished Chuck fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Jun 2, 2014

Clayren
Jun 4, 2008

grandma plz don't folow me on twiter its embarassing, if u want to know what animes im watching jsut read the family newsletter like normal

StrifeHira posted:

Seeing as we are the current largest party, I have a few suggestions to make that I would like other members to go over...

I have no objection to the ideas that have been outlined and would vote in favor of putting them into action. If there is to be a vote for party leadership I would support the august Senator Hira as our party's first leader.

AdventFalls
Oct 17, 2012

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I know we're talking about Africa now, but maybe we could use your idea for one of the breakaway nations that used to be part of Rome before being lost during Branas's regime? Say, from a fluff perspective, that once all these different republics and douxes formed their independence league and it became obvious that Branas was going to cave, various senators, military officers, and other politicians that found themselves on the wrong end of Roman politics but didn't hold land of their own relocated to one of the secessionist nations and installed themselves as the rulers there.

I don't know, I'm trying to make your general idea work because I really like it. I also have no idea what this Drakka thing everyone opposed to the idea is talking about, so v:shobon:v

Ditto. Go nuts with that idea.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Duckbag posted:

I look forward to working with my fellow peaceniks, but as my first order of business must ask: what can we do about the fact that our bitter ideological rivals in the Moternos-Marian coalition dominate the senate? I personally propose drinking heavily and singing rude songs about them, but I'm open to other ideas.

We could have sex with their mothers/sisters/wives/husbands/servants. That has served my family well in the past.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Well, these new robes are nice. I look forward to our times spreading peace and prosperity together.

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

I also have no idea what this Drakka thing everyone opposed to the idea is talking about, so v:shobon:v

Draka: British loyalists from the (now former) 13 colonies move to and take over South Africa after the American Revolutionary War. They then proceed to conquer the world with the power of racism and bad writing. It is a pretty terrible series.

GSD fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Jun 2, 2014

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

GoatLord posted:

We could have sex with their mothers/sisters/wives/husbands/servants. That has served my family well in the past.

I warn you, my family is extremely litigious and prone to decades-long legal injunctions against people who offend them. Keep your pants on or we'll sue them off you.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

New Marians, here are our codes and regulations:

1. First of all, our leader is the Consul. Any member of the party may make proposals to the senate, but the Consul has power of veto. Veto may also be achieved by a 2/3rds majority against, except for those proposals made by the Consul.

2. Once per senate session, a member of the party may call for the Consul to step down and a new one to be elected. To do this they need two other senators to second their call. This will result in a *quick* vote for leadership. Of course, succession must be non-hereditary.

3. We must keep solidarity among our ranks. All we must agree to is that Firstly, our nation must be defended. Secondly, the men and women of this empire, all of them, are worthy if they are willing to fight. Last of all. those who would deny this weaken us and make themselves our enemy. If you keep to these principles, you may believe and practice whatever other ideologies you may wish.

4. Last of all, even our bitter foes can be allied with if the needs must. The state of the world can change drastically in a moment and we must be prepared to do the unthinkable if it preserves us and preserves Rome.

To all of you who have aligned with us, I say to you: you are great men all with courage and dedication. I look forward to working alongside you as the founding Consul of this party.

Signed,
Senator Armatus Mars the fourth. (And Family.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this is open to change of course. Any suggestions?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

New Marian imbecile! Do you know who else spoke such words? Our Western cousins! The Germans were given a similar deal: land for valor. Do you know what they realized? That a Rome without a people to defend her, a Rome without Romans, is no Rome at all! And now it is still lost to their filthy kingdoms! You demand that we thrust weapons into the hands of the conquered and ask them to fight our enemies? You are mad or a traitor, and your every self-righteous speech sickens me.

As bad as the New Marians are, they at least pretend to be loyal, unlike the scum in the Inclusionists. Your openly proclaim that Rome is a mistake. You actually believe that peoples are equal, as if a Scythian could match a Greek, or even a Chinese! Your every word is treason, and you even advocate for religious "tolerance"! For condemning the masses to hell, for equating heretics and false prophets with the Apostles! Know this: equality is a lie, one you use to control barbarian hordes instead of rightfully uplifting them! One you use to hold those unfortunate enough to not be born Roman in perpetual squalor! You are the party of Mammon even as the New Marians are the party of Aamon. All of you will burn.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

New Marian imbecile! Do you know who else spoke such words? Our Western cousins! The Germans were given a similar deal: land for valor. Do you know what they realized? That a Rome without a people to defend her, a Rome without Romans, is no Rome at all! And now it is still lost to their filthy kingdoms! You demand that we thrust weapons into the hands of the conquered and ask them to fight our enemies? You are mad or a traitor, and your every self-righteous speech sickens me.

As bad as the New Marians are, they at least pretend to be loyal, unlike the scum in the Inclusionists. Your openly proclaim that Rome is a mistake. You actually believe that peoples are equal, as if a Scythian could match a Greek, or even a Chinese! Your every word is treason, and you even advocate for religious "tolerance"! For condemning the masses to hell, for equating heretics and false prophets with the Apostles! Know this: equality is a lie, one you use to control barbarian hordes instead of rightfully uplifting them! One you use to hold those unfortunate enough to not be born Roman in perpetual squalor! You are the party of Mammon even as the New Marians are the party of Aamon. All of you will burn.

I will remind you that that is not what actually happened. They were never included. Always at arms lengths, never allowed the privilege of citizenship. The fall of the west was a consequence of exclusionary policies that stopped those "barbarians" from becoming true citizens of the empire. We must not make the same mistake. The structure of our army is different, too. Yes, disloyalty was fostered because even under Rome they fought for their own kings, their own chiefs. But we are a single roman army now and in these ranks everyone starts at the bottom. Be they sultan or senator, there are no privileges here!

And even putting that aside. God alone shows who is righteous, through the strength he grants to those who please him. So tell me, which party here had to coalition with three others just to get into the senate and still has little over half our numbers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
As Executive Vice President of the Unitas Party, I must strongly condemn your attack on our forward thinking precepts.

I think there is room for the foreigner as long as their goal is to no longer be foreign. We must welcome all and ask little - only the willingness to assimilate.

• Locked thread