Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RavenKrows
May 29, 2008
Well that sucked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Holy poo poo, his head just loving detonated. I'm actually a bit ill now.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

I know people who haven't seen this episode yet and they all bet money on who won. Only one of them bet on the Mountain.

She's gonna be rollin in :10bux:

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~
At least Oberyn still had his pillar and his stones

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
Oberyn was a loving bad rear end. HBO should have told GRRM to gently caress off.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

NomChompsky posted:

I know people who haven't seen this episode yet and they all bet money on who won. Only one of them bet on the Mountain.

She's gonna be rollin in :10bux:

It's kinda dumb betting actual money on something anyone could easily go look up...

So good on her for scamming a bunch of suckers!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Holy loving god. I've seen a lot of graphic poo poo on GoT but that may very well have been the most graphic of all :magical:

VidaGrey
Mar 19, 2009

The more I see of men, the more I like dogs.

This is the most upset I've ever been at a television show.

Edit: :magical:

The SituAsian
Oct 29, 2006

I'm a mess in distress
But we're still the best dressed

im gay posted:

Oberyn was a loving bad rear end. HBO should have told GRRM to gently caress off.

They really shouldn't but Benioff and Weiss totally deviating from the books and just winging would be loving hillarious

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

NomChompsky posted:

Don't they realize Martin never lets the good guys win?

Saoritficis
Apr 23, 2008

Dapper Dan posted:

Before that, there was a look on Tyrion's face that was like, 'why are you taking so long, just kill the motherfucker'. And that was when I knew Oberyn lost before he got punched. At least taunt the large man out of reach or keep a knife in your boot, drat.

Yea the second he let go of his spear and starting walking around the mountain talking about how he cant die yet I knew things were gonna go south.

I don't get the call by Tywin (okay I do but still), I mean, both combatants died, isn't it a draw?

Fryhtaning
Jul 21, 2010

Can someone tell me if the ending was accurate to the book? Because that was some Michael Myers poo poo that I just watched. Only in a Halloween/Scream/IKWYDLS movie would someone with a) a spear through his throat be able to speak, and b) literally one heartbeat from his own death be able to explode someone else's skull.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:(

me irl

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm done with this show. GRRM is a sadist. This is worse than Ned and Robb combined.

Legit mad in real life.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Lets! Get! Weird! posted:

Joff is dead, I'll take that as a win. :3:

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Hot Pie won.

I think. He seems happy!

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

im gay posted:

I'm done with this show. GRRM is a sadist. This is worse than Ned and Robb combined.

Legit mad in real life.

Were you expecting a happy ending?

Really?

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Saoritficis posted:

I don't get the call by Tywin (okay I do but still), I mean, both combatants died, isn't it a draw?

One combatant killed the other one that's not a draw. Yeah he's all kinds of hosed up and will die eventually but he clearly won.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Oberyn existed for basically this: 'Tyrion is drowning. You know what would be fun? Lets pour more water on Tyrion!'

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I gotta say that sucked losing Oberyn in such a way, but we would be remiss if we didn't talk about Jorah for a bit. That scene was just as bad as watching a dude's head explode. In fact, it captivated me more than the fight. Jorah is lucky to be alive, but I hope this isn't the end of him. He was one of my favorite dudes in the show. I hope he comes back home and fucks poo poo up for the jerks.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Fryhtaning posted:

Can someone tell me if the ending was accurate to the book? Because that was some Michael Myers poo poo that I just watched. Only in a Halloween/Scream/IKWYDLS movie would someone with a) a spear through his throat be able to speak, and b) literally one heartbeat from his own death be able to explode someone else's skull.

I think he stuck the spear in his chest, and if someone corrects what the actual weapon is in this thread I'm never coming back.

RavenKrows
May 29, 2008

im gay posted:

Legit mad in real life.

Kinda how I feel but I know I'll watch next week. To be honest though the red wedding was interesting but didn't wipe out a real favorite character. There were obvious reasons that Rob found himself in that situation. Granted hubris is what killed Oberyn but that's not really a lesson we all didn't have drilled into our heads at this point. Rob's lesson was trying to put love in front of his duty, which obviously was a giant mistake. Oberyn gloating over the mountain was a stupid thing to do, but the Mountain is just such a repulsive piece of poo poo it's really gutting to have him then murder the living gently caress out of such an interesting character.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

vandalism posted:

I hope he comes back home and fucks poo poo up for the jerks.

I hope he comes back dramatically proving his loyalty/love to Dany, and she finally accepts his forgiveness. And then they get married :3:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Fryhtaning posted:

The adaptation of this fight was extremely true to the book.

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
That was the most massively hosed up thing I've ever on television.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
That was the worst episode of Game of Thrones ever. No hyperbole.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Hot Pie won.

I think. He seems happy!

Truth. The only way to win the Game of Thrones is to not play.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

RavenKrows posted:

Kinda how I feel but I know I'll watch next week. To be honest though the red wedding was interesting but didn't wipe out a real favorite character. There were obvious reasons that Rob found himself in that situation. Granted hubris is what killed Oberyn but that's not really a lesson we all didn't have drilled into our heads at this point. Rob's lesson was trying to put love in front of his duty, which obviously was a giant mistake. Oberyn gloating over the mountain was a stupid thing to do, but the Mountain is just such a repulsive piece of poo poo it's really gutting to have him then murder the living gently caress out of such an interesting character.

The show didn't really press the point but the breaking of guest right is a giant loving taboo in Westeros. Even if you broke a promise to marry someone that poo poo is the most sacred thing.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Also: called it.

me last thread posted:

Not a book reader haven't been spoiled about the outcome of the battle, but I'm going to be very happy if, after all this complaining about the Mountain's recast, he only shows up in armor next episode and dies.

I claim a half-victory.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

Fryhtaning posted:

Very true to the book, though neither in the book nor the show was the spear through Gregor's throat

MrBims
Sep 25, 2007

by Ralp

Mnoba posted:

I think he stuck the spear in his chest, and if someone corrects what the actual weapon is in this thread I'm never coming back.

A spear.

NomChompsky
Sep 17, 2008

JT Jag posted:

I don't know if this is spoilery but there was one thing they missed: In the book Tyrion bent over and puked right after, which I was really looking forward to. The only way it could have been better is if we'd had a puke to black at the end.

Tyrone Biggums
Mar 5, 2013
The scene is on YouTube already http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQbANmJGoWM

the kawaiiest
Dec 22, 2010

Uguuuu ~

JT Jag posted:

Yeah it was really close. I was actually surprised, I thought they were going to tone it down a notch but nope. I should have known after the Red Wedding that they don't have a problem with gore on this show I guess.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

NomChompsky posted:

Truth. The only way to win the Game of Thrones is to not play.
To not play and to not get caught up in the schemes of those who do, which is actually pretty difficult.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

I've been watching at a bar that does screenings the past few weeks and the group reaction to the end of the episode was loving hilarious. I do hope Tyrion gets out of it somehow though because this is a lesser show without Peter Dinklage.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

AKA Pseudonym posted:

That was the most massively hosed up thing I've ever on television.

Can't recall TV ever bringing on a wave of actual nausea in me before.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001
He got speared a few times, I think.

The first one that I saw was the hit in the gut, followed by the big guy getting hamstringed on the right ankle (hence why collapsed so hard), then another spear in the chest when he vaulted over him. All three times, he left pretty loving serious injuries. His size would actually be a disadvantage here, because he's so loving huge that his circulatory system is stressed by just existing, so severe loss of blood will really gently caress him up. Look at any of the world's largest men the past 100 years-they all died due to something with the circulatory system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

God drat those screams :stonk:

• Locked thread