Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!
There's no way in hell Tywin would have let Jaime fight, even if he could fight. He would probably find a way to set Tyrion free.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
Sansa is scaring me. Like, oh look it is a Stark aligning with Littlefinger even after he himself gave a pretty clear warning to be careful about that poo poo.

Batham
Jun 19, 2010

Cluster bombing from B-52s is very, very accurate. The bombs are guaranteed to always hit the ground.
If anyone ever had difficulty imagining how a warrior going full tank with hp and armor would look like in real life, here you go again. Guy even gets impaled by a spear and doesn't give 2 shits.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

vanbags posted:

How could you possibly like Ramsey?

I loving love Ramsey. He's the biggest rear end in a top hat in the world, it's glorious. Now he's basically the prince of darkness. What's not to love about this guy? He's like Emperor Palpatine: they have the depth of a kiddie pool but what's there is pure and they have actors who can chew the gently caress out of some scenery.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

There are so many amendments in the constitution of the United States of America--I can only choose one!

vanbags posted:

How could you possibly like Ramsey?

How could you not like Ramsey? He's charismatic in a creepy way. Plus the boy looks drat good with his shirt off.

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Vehementi posted:

Again Oberyn impaled him square in the middle of the chest at least 1 foot deep (check out the blood as he pulls the spear out) with his full body weight landing on him. Guy's lungs are full of blood etc. but, naw, he can get up, punch with full strength and overpower the guy while talking. It's just bad writing, there are so many ways they could have done it better if they weren't I guess afraid of GRRM or something?

1) Rolling over isn't getting up.
2) Who says he punched at full strength? He's a freak of nature. Him at 10% strength could knock all your teeth out, especially given that he's wearing a metal gauntlet. It's like, try having a dying elephant step on your head and tell me how much not being at "full strength" stopped it from squishing you.
3) There are dragons and wizards. Shut the gently caress up.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

regulargonzalez posted:

I agree. In a show with gratuitous, titilating nudity and sex how dare people find that content gratuitously titilating? :iiam:

Sorry, let me get into the spirit of the thread.

Hey guys, what's your favorite part of this episode? For me it was Missandei's bum. :fap: Or perhaps her boobies. :newfap: What's your guys favorite part of the girl? I love to watch this show because I haven't seen one in real life so I have to find it here. :hawaaaafap:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

BubbleGoose posted:

There's no way in hell Tywin would have let Jaime fight, even if he could fight. He would probably find a way to set Tyrion free.

I still cant believe hes gonna execute Tyrion because of that little piece of poo poo Joffrey though, doesnt make any sense.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

BubbleGoose posted:

How could you not like Ramsey? He's charismatic in a creepy way. Plus the boy looks drat good with his shirt off.

He's entertaining to watch when Reek isn't involved.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Fiction posted:

Hey guys, what's your favorite part of this episode? For me it was Missandei's bum. :fap: Or perhaps her boobies. :newfap: What's your guys favorite part of the girl? I love to watch this show because I haven't seen one in real life so I have to find it here. :hawaaaafap:

Martin is that you?

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

Von_Doom posted:

Littlefinger brought out Sigur Ros to do Joy Division covers and a few hours later...

I did not see the ending coming up until right before the fight. Once the girl said "come back soon" I was like "oh for fucks sake". All they needed was her to announce she was with child beforehand and Oberyn to talk about going back to school and/or opening up an orphanage when he got back.

In the "Behind the Scenes" they said Oberyn was also a cop on his last day before retirement.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

No More Heroes posted:

I still cant believe hes gonna execute Tyrion because of that little piece of poo poo Joffrey though, doesnt make any sense.
He doesn't give a poo poo about Joffrey, he's in full "preserving the family legacy" mode. He's already got one kingslayer son who got away with it, he doesn't need two.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
I thought the episode was strong except for the Mountain/Viper stuff, so I guess I'll be in the minority. I didn't care about Tyrion's beetle story once it turned out he hadn't found a larger lesson in it, and the fight was silly to me. I didn't think it was particularly gory, because it was cartoonish. He crushed a head in his hands, that's a fun thing from comic books. Hell, Oberyn's death wasn't even the most gruesome death in this episode, so I just don't see why it made people so uncomfortable.

I enjoyed every part of this episode except for the last 5 minutes, so now people will concentrate only on the part I like rather than the majority, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

BlueChocolate
Jan 4, 2014

BubbleGoose posted:

Ned, Robb, and Oberyn die horribly. Hot Pie and Samwell get to live, and possibly have girlfriends. lol.

because grrm

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

rydiafan posted:

1) Rolling over isn't getting up.
2) Who says he punched at full strength? He's a freak of nature. Him at 10% strength could knock all your teeth out, especially given that he's wearing a metal gauntlet. It's like, try having a dying elephant step on your head and tell me how much not being at "full strength" stopped it from squishing you.
3) There are dragons and wizards. Shut the gently caress up.

yeah, maybe the mountain is a half-giant like hodor and they're ridiculously durable in this universe. Hodor got stabbed by a spear and survived too if I remember correctly

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's room to fit a spear blade in your chest without hitting the lungs.

I'm sure it would be next to impossible to pull that off in the middle of battle, but it's a fantasy show and the other guy in the fight was the Hulk.

That's probably where you want to stab the guy if getting a confession from him is your goal.

monster on a stick
Apr 29, 2013

vanbags posted:

He doesn't give a poo poo about Joffrey, he's in full "preserving the family legacy" mode. He's already got one kingslayer son who got away with it, he doesn't need two.

Technically three children, wasn't Cercei involved in the plot to kill Robert?

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

BubbleGoose posted:

Seriously now that Obie's out he's right behind Tyrion as far as entertaining and fun characters go.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe
They killed my nigga Oberyn! :mad:

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Maybe Sansa will finally get a sex scene since shes turned to the darkside :fap:

snucks
Nov 3, 2008

Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

ironlung posted:

So can someone explain to my dense self the significance of the beetle killing chat?
Royalty is retarded and causes immeasurable suffering

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

MC Fruit Stripe posted:

I thought the episode was strong except for the Mountain/Viper stuff, so I guess I'll be in the minority. I didn't care about Tyrion's beetle story once it turned out he hadn't found a larger lesson in it, and the fight was silly to me. I didn't think it was particularly gory, because it was cartoonish. He crushed a head in his hands, that's a fun thing from comic books. Hell, Oberyn's death wasn't even the most gruesome death in this episode, so I just don't see why it made people so uncomfortable.

I enjoyed every part of this episode except for the last 5 minutes, so now people will concentrate only on the part I like rather than the majority, which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I actually found the rest of the episode more entertaining as well. I liked the last fight because most shows don't have someone's head being squeezed like an overripe grape, but the Stark sisters and the Boltons had some incredible poo poo going on. Kind of a shame everyone wanted to blow past it for the fight.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

The fight was so Dark Souls it was almost painful.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
How in God's name has Sam managed to stay fat after all he's been through? And how do the Unsullied even work as soldiers, do they have testosterone replacement therapy in Essos?

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy

Fiction posted:

What are you a Victorian?

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

No More Heroes posted:

I don't think Tyrion's going to die, because...well, it's being built up too much. But would Tywin let Tyrion die? That's actually a good question. Because when he had the chance to kill Tyrion, he didn't. His reason? Because Tyrion is a Lannister. It should sting Tywin's pride, if anything, that someone killed one of his own and got away with it.

RBA Starblade posted:

He's entertaining to watch when Reek isn't involved.

Kinda like it when Reek's involved. :3:

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013

Aphrodite posted:

There's room to fit a spear blade in your chest without hitting the lungs.

I'm sure it would be next to impossible to pull that off in the middle of battle, but it's a fantasy show and the other guy in the fight was the Hulk.

That's probably where you want to stab the guy if getting a confession from him is your goal.

Yeah, I think the whole thing was that oberyn didn't want to kill the mountain till he confessed, and he was such a skilled warrior that he could purposefully avoid killing blows, while using a slow-acting poison to weaken him so he could play with him until he confessed.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

If Arya doesnt reunite with Sansa I'll be highly upset. They're gonna reunite right?? Shes right there..

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

No More Heroes posted:

If Arya doesnt reunite with Sansa I'll be highly upset. They're gonna reunite right?? Shes right there..
Nah we need another Bran/Jon Snow moment.

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Jack of Hearts posted:

How in God's name has Sam managed to stay fat after all he's been through? And how do the Unsullied even work as soldiers, do they have testosterone replacement therapy in Essos?

It is even more hilarious in the books, because he survives a week long death march with no food, Starves himself during the preparation on the wall, gets horribly sick for weeks, then is still fat.

Unsullied make up for their lack of strength with insane training and discipline.

Gianthogweed
Jun 3, 2004

"And then I see the disinfectant...where it knocks it out in a minute. One minute. And is there a way we can do something like that. Uhh, by injection inside..." - a Very Stable Genius.

JT Jag posted:

The adaptation of this fight was extremely true to the book.

They left out Tyrion vomiting upon seeing the horror unfold. Also, The Mountain said "like this!" a few more times and walked us through each step of the brutal murders using Oberyn as his dummy. The book was way more brutal.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

No More Heroes posted:

I would really love to see what they would argue about now.

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

No More Heroes posted:

No! Because this is just like that goddamn Dungeons and Dragons cartoon where they never go home! Even though you've been waiting episode after episode for them to go home, something happens to gently caress it all up.

And then long after you've lost interest in the series, you hear from some random friend that they actually did get to go home.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

BubbleGoose posted:

No! Because this is just like that goddamn Dungeons and Dragons cartoon where they never go home! Even though you've been waiting episode after episode for them to go home, something happens to gently caress it all up.

And then long after you've lost interest in the series, you hear from some random friend that they actually did get to go home.

I just want one fireside scene with the surviving Starks telling tales to each other of all the poo poo they been through.

Fozzy The Bear
Dec 11, 1999

Nothing much, watching the game, drinking a bud

Jack of Hearts posted:

Dude's got a pituitary gland problem, lay off him, its not his fault! He does his excising and eats right, guy has a slow metabolism, its genetics!

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD

Spaceman Future! posted:

What is your sexual history that you assume sleeping with a woman makes her dress up in an outfit fashioned for a supervillian's funeral?

You have no idea...

Real: I'm figuring this based on how that scene ended. "I know what you want" and then the next scene she's in she's all dressed up like she's in his weird dungeon bird fetish outfit. The guy above has it pretty right, we'd know if someone has sex on this show, usually. However, Sophie Turner probably wasn't an adult when they filmed it and we don't know if she's signed on to do sex scenes yet (can't wait to see the thread when they announce whether or not that's happening).

Na'at posted:

Guess you never smashed a girl in her goth phase back in HS.

This guy knows what's up.

DISCO KING fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Jun 2, 2014

BubbleGoose
Oct 15, 2007

No More Heroes posted:

I just want one fireside scene with the surviving Starks telling tales to each other of all the poo poo they been through.

And then deciding on their own to go their separate paths to seek justice in their own way. Yeah, that would actually be cool, to be honest.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
seriously considering the amount of exercise he gets he probably does have some weird genetic disorder

like an account on the somethingawful.com internet forums

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

No More Heroes posted:

Honestly though I kind hope they do, if only for a really heartwarming moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
We only see the tough poo poo Sam goes through and the exercise he gets. We don't see him eating a whole apple pie in his room to cope afterwards.

• Locked thread