Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dark Grapefruit
Jun 3, 2006

All cans are welcome and equal in your city, regardless of can content, and whether empty or full.
The image I got from the weather was all the heroes of the rebellion (Cecil, Carlos, Dana, Tamika, Josie and the angels) calmly walking down the street in slow motion, possibly wearing sunglasses.

Intense episode. I am so jealous of anyone going to the June 4 show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

DoctorWhat posted:

Man the swelling up of the Night Vale opening music was incredible. Like, just wow. A fantastic use of the audio format.

Yeah, I actually got goosebumps during that part.

dj_clawson
Jan 12, 2004

We are all sinners in the eyes of these popsicle sticks.
Cecil gives a long interview here:
http://www.wired.com/2014/05/geeks-guide-cecil-baldwin/

It's hampered by the interviewer knowing next to nothing about the podcast, but some new questions are actually asked. One of them, of course, is a write-in asking about Lovecraftian influence, and Cecil eventually says, "Uh I think Joseph Fink totally hates Lovecraft." But he says it in a softer way.

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Oh man, I just realized Daniel died doing intern work.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Kevin and Lauren make a good team! Two hosts is a different dynamic for this show but I've liked it a lot. A regular Desert Bluffs spinoff series would be awesome.

Mystery Machine
Oct 12, 2008
That episode managed to be one of the creepiest episodes of the show, while also being one of the most triumphant and emotionally satisfying. What a roller coaster. I can't wait for the next one to pop up, wow.

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Oh my god you guys are playing the NAC.

THE NAC

I'm skipping work on Friday just to buy tickets.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Leospeare posted:

Kevin and Lauren make a good team! Two hosts is a different dynamic for this show but I've liked it a lot. A regular Desert Bluffs spinoff series would be awesome.

Yea they were great, I'd totally go for a Desert Bluffs spinoff show.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

It cannot be said often or loudly enough what a treasure you guys have in your voice actors. I was going to go on about specific moments but honestly, I'd just end up quoting the entire drat episode and saying "the delivery of that bit there? That was amazing".

Okay I've got to call out, at least, Cecil Baldwin's delivery of the line about no more euphemisms. Gave me chills.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Kind of surprised that Cecil is still adamant about angels/the mountain not existing when he's seen them in person.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Last call, I've got extra tickets for tomorrow night.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Silentman0 posted:

Kind of surprised that Cecil is still adamant about angels/the mountain not existing when he's seen them in person.

The nonexistence of angels is a matter of Night Vale law, and particularly at a time like this, standing for law and order is important.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
In for the late show. Will be reprising most of my earlier costume and expect to be seen by all but clearly remembered by no one.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Gonna be at the early show. I'll be hard to miss- my choice of attire will be VERY colorful indeed. Say hi to the Sixth Doctor Who, people!

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Gonna be at the late show and I keep forgetting people actually dress up for these things. Sounds like it'll be a show even before the show starts.

BooDoug187
Apr 8, 2005

Don't you fear the yetis in Rio?
I was listening to the new episode while driving to work, and when Kevin said in that voice "He's holding a cat" and the music changed, I yelled "gently caress YEAH!" in my truck.

I have to say I never had that reaction to a podcast before!

Evil Mastermind posted:

Holy poo poo it's going to be a long wait until the 15th...

Now I want a video of this week's weather that's Kevin and Lauren running from the angels through the hallways of the radio station, because that's all I could picture as I listened to it.

Dark Grapefruit posted:

The image I got from the weather was all the heroes of the rebellion (Cecil, Carlos, Dana, Tamika, Josie and the angels) calmly walking down the street in slow motion, possibly wearing sunglasses.

When the weather was playing I saw a montage scene of angles just swarming around Night Vale, killing anything that was Strex, the people in the picnic being rescued by Dana and her masked army, and some angels rescuing Tamika from the camp they were placed in.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

CECIL SIGNED MY POSTER! AAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

(So did Hal and Jackson)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The NYC show was fantastic. It's funny, because when I listened to the past live shows, I got kind of annoyed by the audience because of the completely different vibe of the shows - applause and laughter breaks make it seem like a sitcom, at times. But when you're there in the moment, I think it's a lot more enjoyable. It was also certainly a very different kind of show, tailored both for the anniversary and for a live audience.

Also, Dessa was loving awesome :allears:

DoctorWhat posted:

CECIL SIGNED MY POSTER! AAAAAAAAAA! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!

WHY GOD, WHY DID I DECIDE TO LEAVE SO EARLY AFTER THE SHOW ENDED, WHY :argh:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

WHY GOD, WHY DID I DECIDE TO LEAVE SO EARLY AFTER THE SHOW ENDED, WHY :argh:

YOU FOOL!!!

I also got a picture with Jackson Publik:

(I'm the out-of-focus one in the crazy coat)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
brb killing myself

I recently got a picture with all three brothers McElroy, so I suppose I'm not hurting for brushes with internet fame

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Here's me with Steve Carlsburg:

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

DoctorWhat posted:

Here's me with Steve Carlsburg:

Hal Lublin gives 60 seconds of tour de force fanservice wherein he (non plot)does the voice of the faceless old woman, john peters, ALL of Hiram's heads, and Carlos. This is less surprising but no less impressive if you listen to Thrilling Adventure Hour.

Plot wise, I was tickled to no end that Marcus Vansted came back in Angel form to fight and then do the thing I won't even post under a spoiler yet. -- What? Don't you remember how he talked about how he would walk around the library? He would DEFINITELY be nude.

KhyrosFinalCut fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jun 5, 2014

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

So I saw a very colorful Doctor flailing about heading into the show, a man in a tan jacket two rows ahead of me, and on good rear end show with a really good musical guest. My sister-in-law and I had a great time and even her husband and my wife enjoyed it even though they don't listen to the show.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

a big fat bunny posted:

So I saw a very colorful Doctor flailing about heading into the show

ahoy-hoy! Did you call out "Sixth Doctor!" in the theater?

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Jun 5, 2014

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

a big fat bunny posted:

So I saw a very colorful Doctor flailing about heading into the show, a man in a tan jacket two rows ahead of me, and on good rear end show with a really good musical guest. My sister-in-law and I had a great time and even her husband and my wife enjoyed it even though they don't listen to the show.

Was I talking to you afterwards about TAH briefly?

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

not sure if this is a "spoiler" or not (not really plot related) but it was one of my favorite moments in the show

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

DoctorWhat posted:

ahoy-hoy! Did you call out "Sixth Doctor!" in the theater?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Was I talking to you afterwards about TAH briefly?

Negatory on both. I'm a craven coward and a lot older than both of you so intend to just keep to myself.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Earwicker posted:

not sure if this is a "spoiler" or not (not really plot related) but it was one of my favorite moments in the show

The music adds so much to the show. Said it in person as you were leaving, but thanks again, and bravo.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Who all was in the cast? Any new voices?

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Leospeare posted:

Who all was in the cast? Any new voices?

Just character names, no actual spoilers here really.
Kevin, Lauren, Carlos, John Peters, Intern Maureen, Intern Dana, Steve Carlsberg, Tamika Flynn, A Sponsor Named Deb, Hiram McDaniels and The Faceless Old Woman.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

The music adds so much to the show. Said it in person as you were leaving, but thanks again, and bravo.

Thanks! I hope you aren't one of the people I smashed into when trying to get my stupidly large keyboard case out of the stage doors, I had no idea there was a crowd waiting on the other side.

I thought the actress playing Intern Maureen was new to the show but I'm not sure. Everyone else who was there has definitely done live shows before. It was a huge cast I felt like we were playing the closing song forever while they did all the credits.

Thank you everyone who was there for being such an insane and awesome audience.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Earwicker posted:

Thank you everyone who was there for being such an insane and awesome audience.

You're welcome.

maxnmona
Mar 16, 2005

if you start with drums, you have to end with dynamite.

Earwicker posted:

I thought the actress playing Intern Maureen was new to the show but I'm not sure. Everyone else who was there has definitely done live shows before. It was a huge cast I felt like we were playing the closing song forever while they did all the credits.

That was bestselling YA author Maureen Johnson, namesake of Intern Maureen and vocal proponent on twitter of bringing Intern Maureen back. She held her own way better than I would have on a stage full of professional actors.

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

Just had a dream that the Smiling God showed up and declared itself the mayor. (Spoilers in case that somehow magically loving happens. Can you imagine?)

Also I'm jealous as hell of everyone who got to go to the live show.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Such a great show!!! I wish we had stuck around long enough to see some of the cast; we rushed back to Penn Station to catch a train back to NJ only to find out the next one wasn't for another hour anyway. :sigh:

I was so glad I was able to be there for this show, because the audience was really one part of the experience, with the chorus of boos when Kevin and Lauren suddenly appeared, chanting at the results of the mayoral election, and TAKE DOWN STREX

a big fat bunny
Oct 4, 2002

woo look at 'em gonk

Rose Spirit posted:

I wish we had stuck around long enough to see some of the cast; we rushed back to Penn Station to catch a train back to NJ only to find out the next one wasn't for another hour anyway. :sigh:

Hah, we did this after the second show but managed to show up 20 minutes early for the train we wanted. And as we got off at our stop, someone gave me the old "All hail the glow cloud!" since that was the shirt I was wearing. Apparently she showed up late and missed part of the show, but managed to pick up a "Your Existence..." shirt? We blew past the very busy merch table on the way in and out and she probably already had it (but wasn't wearing it for whatever reason), BUT I now regret not taking a look.

a big fat bunny fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 5, 2014

nanomachines
Dec 7, 2011

Both shows were incredible, and I was lucky enough to get almost everyone to sign a poster for me after the second show. You guys from the wtnv cast and crew are awesome and all so nice! It was definitely worth the airfare to come out for the events. I had a blast!

Walking back to my hotel at 1:30am when unfamiliar with the city was an adventure, though.

Can't wait for the Toronto live show!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Are spoilers out there because this wait is loving killing me.

QueerPope
May 1, 2010

Meow.

maxnmona posted:

That was bestselling YA author Maureen Johnson, namesake of Intern Maureen and vocal proponent on twitter of bringing Intern Maureen back. She held her own way better than I would have on a stage full of professional actors.

I am even more excited for June 15th than before. Maureen Johnson is the queen of twitter, so she claims, and an amazing hillarious woman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
Got my tix for Ottawa on July 3rd! This is gonna be awesome!

Now taking costume suggestions.