Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Finally watched through SF: Assassins Fist, and was surprised by how much I enjoyed it.

Nothing beats Raul Julia playing Bison/Dictator in my heart though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBc7yQXrP9c

edit: probably one of the best movie review quotes I ever read:

Richard Harrington of The Washington Post posted:

The film was "notable only for being the last film made by Raúl Juliá, an actor far too skilled for the demands of the evil warlord, Gen. M. Bison, but far too professional to give anything less than his best."

Nostalgia4Butts fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 1, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

My first week in Japan during the summer of 2009 I stopped at a 7-11 to grab a snack and heard Indestructable playing over the store's sound system. More than anything else, that's when I knew I was really going to like Japan.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

chumbler posted:

Does anyone by any chance know whether the generic USF4 theme they've been using for trailers is associated with a particular stage? I assume so, because the SSF4 trailer theme ended up being the Africa stage's.

It's still no Indestructible, though.

Halfpipe, I think.

Edit: wait no it isnt nevermind.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
This one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJwKmvUhNDA

It's the intro video music.

The extended version is the main menu music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH5lTu3amzw

The other music they're using in the trailers is the character select music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eU3T129sPA

Note: they own, but not as much as Indestructible, because nothing owns as much as Indestructible.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I have no idea why they haven't kept Indestructable. Hearing that awful awful pop song start up the first time, laughing, skipping it just to have Ryu making his grumpiest face in the main menu while the song played more is an experience that has stuck with me for years.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Whelp guess it's time to sub to a month of XBLive. Good thing I've got $20 on my MS account from the points conversion thing.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Digital_Jesus posted:

Whelp guess it's time to sub to a month of XBLive. Good thing I've got $20 on my MS account from the points conversion thing.

Sf4 must be on sale for PC. I've not seen this many flowchart Kens since 2008

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Spuckuk posted:

75% off!

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Has anyone found a way to make sure that my opponents can't hear me mash buttons but at the same time still let me use Skype?
If I turn down Steam VoIP volume it turns it down globally.

Excalibur_Z
Oct 2, 2004

Beef Waifu posted:

Oh my god, I seriously cannot believe how badly I've been doing online. My habit of jumping too much has returned, I'm falling to stupid poo poo constantly and panic when I can't immediately think of how to respond to it and the only people I can beat are people who are so obviously lost as me that I can find a way through it faster. This is really depressing, I thought I knew how to handle certain situations with Sakura, but I really just can't. That and I really don't understand how I'm supposed to get in on like a Bison or Makoto. I can't believe I've been playing this game on and off since 2008 and I still can't figure out everything I'm supposed to do with this character.

I know she's really good and I'm just bad, but I need to fight people better than me, because fighting people on my level pisses me off when I make stupid mistakes and then get angry and doom myself to failure from then on. At least against people better than me I know I'm outclassed so I naturally just pay more attention to the mistakes I'm making rather than someone who I feel I can reliably beat, but end up beating myself.

If you're losing to really bad Bisons and Makotos, this will help. A lot of Bisons online will have two ways of getting in: dash up throw and LK scissor. Neutral jump HK beats both of those things. Once you land that j.hk c.mk shoryu you're good to get up in his face and stay there. HP shoryu dash dash LK tatsu will stuff a reversal EX psycho crusher clean, leaving you free to complete a full combo. Doing the full 3x Otoshi in the corner followed by LK tatsu out of the corner, meaty LK tatsu is +1 on block (it hits late) and causes EX head stomp to whiff for another full punish.

For Makoto, buffering c.mk into shoryu will take you far, because like Bison she wants to make use of her really quick dash forward to start her pressure game. Your forward jump HP and HK also create awkward antiair timings and angles for Makoto, but you don't want to overdo this either. When she gets into axe kick range you want to either start pre-emptively focusing or doing a late neutral jump HK so that the axe kick misses you in the air.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Is there a steam group or a list of steam goons? I would like to subscribe to your newsletter. Also I'm way out of practice and perhaps a few of you would like to beat up on someone who is probably a lot worse than you are.

[FK] AndyElusive

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

Pomp posted:

I have no idea why they haven't kept Indestructable. Hearing that awful awful pop song start up the first time, laughing, skipping it just to have Ryu making his grumpiest face in the main menu while the song played more is an experience that has stuck with me for years.

Licensing issues. A legit Japanese boy band with a label did that song. Capcom's tried to get it back at least twice and couldn't swing it.

Spuckuk posted:

Even on console casual players get hype and swarm back in around Evo and major new versions! It's been a loooong time since AE hit too so it's the perfect storm. He who knows his 3F safejumps will not be defeated in a hundred battles.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4BxY0oiCP8

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Mio Bison posted:

Licensing issues. A legit Japanese boy band with a label did that song. Capcom's tried to get it back at least twice and couldn't swing it.

That legit makes me really sad.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..
Here's Alioune playing Decapre (link courtesy of ShadowNinja64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUtV-LFekM

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Trykt posted:

Here's Alioune playing Decapre (link courtesy of ShadowNinja64): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPUtV-LFekM

hello jurassic park :confused:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Pomp posted:

hello jurassic park :confused:

I thought it was Dino Crisis...

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]
If you got drunk one night and bought the pack of all the Arcade Edition costume sets, those will carry over to Ultra right? PS3 version if it matters.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

The Dark Id posted:

If you got drunk one night and bought the pack of all the Arcade Edition costume sets, those will carry over to Ultra right? PS3 version if it matters.

Yes.

The Dark Id
Aug 13, 2005

Why
you
know
I
LOVE
THIS SHIT !!!!
[citation needed]

Excellent. Fighting game matches without silly costumes are simply inferior.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
This is out on PSN tommorow at 9 right? Im literally pissing with rage that Ill be working all night

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Gutcruncher posted:

This is out on PSN tommorow at 9 right? Im literally pissing with rage that Ill be working all night

12AM EST/9PM PST.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

What time is it hitting on XBL for Tuesday, if anyone knows?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Trykt posted:

I really am excited for this character, but I am a sucker for comboing air throws because of Melty.

Yngvai
Dec 27, 2005
Indeed i am the fastest
Is the ps3 version hosed for anyone else?, it displays the message "FAILED TO LOAD DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Yngvai posted:

Is the ps3 version hosed for anyone else?, it displays the message "FAILED TO LOAD DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT"

I'm getting that message too but the game still works fine if you just ignore it. I assume it's trying to load my Ultra pre-order but since I don't have the unlock key it's complaining. Hopefully I'm right and that goes away after I get the key.

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011
I get that, too. It also forgets I have AE and reverts to Super.

angel opportunity
Sep 7, 2004

Total Eclipse of the Heart

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Sounds like someone needs to git gud / Play to Win (tm)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I know he's probably lying or exaggerating about 500 hours but I can't imagine playing this game for even 100 hours and getting super angry every time you get matched up with someone better who also knows good combos.

I'm not even gonna comment on the whole "people who practice a game to get better at it are turds" thing.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Yeah he posted a bunch of other effort posts in a different thread. But 500 hours isn't unrealistic though, I have about 400 on AE, and who knows how many on vanilla.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Yeah, the amount of hours you've played doesn't mean poo poo in Street Fighter. I think I've got 300 hours playing versus other players and I'm, frankly, awful at it. Still haven't bothered learning to execute link combos in a real match.

Also someone should show that guy a tournament match or something.

Trykt
Jul 30, 2000

Still training..

Jack Trades posted:

He actually despises people that watch videos and learn from them. Doing "frame combos" you learned on youtube makes you a turd.

My favorite quote:

quote:

No..no..no....no.....nooooooooooooooooooooo... Forget the combos. The combos are recently added features that were implemented to give all the crazy f*cking you know who's something else to get good at. I've played SF games for a long.. long time and the whole combo thing is *completely* counterintuitive.

The *ONLY* things you should be doing are the special moves.. thats it.

Trykt fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jun 2, 2014

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Jack Trades posted:

Yeah, the amount of hours you've played doesn't mean poo poo in Street Fighter. I think I've got 300 hours playing versus other players and I'm, frankly, awful at it. Still haven't bothered learning to execute link combos in a real match.

It's pretty easy to fall into a trap of being content with your skill level and not trying to improve. The longer you play, the more of a conscious effort needs to be made to improve, rather than the passive route of learning that takes place early on (passively learning things like how long certain attacks take, how long you have to punish, what people generally do at certain times, etc through playing).

rednecked_crake fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 2, 2014

Ryuga Death
May 14, 2008

There's gotta be one more bell to crack
Fun Shoe
Hadouken and shoryuken all day if you're a shoto.

If you're a grappler, just throw out random SPDs all day.

If the other person punishes your special move with a combo, they are a turd. gently caress this game, everyone is a turd.

Pushing certain buttons at the right time to get good damage on your opponent is BS.

I guess he's the kind of guy who will only sweep someone when they make a mistake, unless doing normals makes you a turd as well.

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
I demand satisfaction! Tiger shots at 40 paces.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Gutcruncher posted:

You are pissing with rage because you are gonna miss pissing with rage because of getting hit by wake up Ultras?

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Trykt posted:

He actually despises people that watch videos and learn from them. Doing "frame combos" you learned on youtube makes you a turd.

My favorite quote:

Awwwww... I used to play that way when I was 9 years old. "Heh, I can do a fireball motion. That means I'm good at Street Fighter." :smug:

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
Listen you turd I spent 500 hours perfecting my dp motion and drat it I'm gonna use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Speaking of this, is ScrubQuotes still updating? I feel like we're going to get an influx of material soon.

• Locked thread