Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

Has this tumblr been posted yet?

http://bitchsandwich.tumblr.com/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Yeah, it made me laugh. I dunno, I think this one works as a joke (I'm Asian, for what it's worth)

Pretty sure Takei also shared that one, but I could see someone taking offense to it.

Taliaquin
Dec 13, 2009

Turtle flu

TravBot posted:

Maybe you just don't like cauliflower? I've been making a cauliflower mash with just 2Tb of olive oil and butter, and 1/2 tsp of rosemary. It's excellent, especially with something like meat loaf.
I normally do like it, that's what's weird about it. I've had some good cauliflower dishes and can make a few, but every one of these trendy "healthy low carb" recipes with cauliflower as a grain substitute that keep getting passed around has tasted absolutely disgusting to me. :shrug:

Lottery of Babylon posted:

You looked at that monstrosity of cheese, sour cream, mayo, and bacon, and the part you objected to was the cauliflower?
My kitchen has had some bad experiences with cauliflower lately. You're all right, though, the offensive part is slathering all that on cauliflower and calling it healthy because it's low carb. A good friend of mine is especially guilty of posting "healthy" recipes for her family that are pretty much a brick of cheese and bacon with a random vegetable hiding somewhere under it all.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
We shouldn't have killed the low-carb thread, when it died its spirit was released unto the world.

It's greasy, lardy spirit.

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

Forget about the movie. Tell me more about Facebook's role in the vast, shadowy anti-Christian conspiracy, Kirk Cameron. :allears:

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

kannonfodder posted:

Hopefully online dating falls into the category of social media, because hoo boy I found a gem.

Is a girl, currently dating two guys.

She's not serious, right?

I read that as panoramic lesbian, and now I am disappointed.

losonti tokash
Oct 29, 2007

I'm so pretty, oh so pretty.

Alpacalips Now posted:

Forget about the movie. Tell me more about Facebook's role in the vast, shadowy anti-Christian conspiracy, Kirk Cameron. :allears:

Fortunately, facebook's censorship algorithms can be defeated simply by replacing a period with the word "dot," something that has never been tried before and couldn't possibly have been anticipated.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

What does this even mean?

Pretty sure it's some hate on gays, and the "them" in question is rainbows.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

losonti tokash posted:

Fortunately, facebook's censorship algorithms can be defeated simply by replacing a period with the word "dot," something that has never been tried before and couldn't possibly have been anticipated.

I immediately thought of this as some kind of promotion scam, daring people to try and post the actual link to the movie. Then have it, you know, NOT be blocked at all, thus sharing the link and promoting Kirk's lovely new movie.

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice

Scarf posted:

I immediately thought of this as some kind of promotion scam, daring people to try and post the actual link to the movie. Then have it, you know, NOT be blocked at all, thus sharing the link and promoting Kirk's lovely new movie.

This is almost 100% certainly the intention

MyFaceBeHi
Apr 9, 2008

I was popular, once.

Alpacalips Now posted:

Well, according to this article it was banned on Youtube and Facebook for about a day or two for "reasons" but was put back up. In September. When this lovely film came out.

So basically it's some dumb viral thing that is somehow still kicking around 9 months after the fact! Oh Facebook, never change. :allears:

Edit: Or it could be a dumb viral promotional thing, I don't really care at this point but I did care enough to find out what the poo poo this was.

MyFaceBeHi has a new favorite as of 16:51 on Jun 2, 2014

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

theironjef posted:

Pretty sure it's some hate on gays, and the "them" in question is rainbows.

I thought this briefly as well, but it's a comment from a guy on his (straight) girlfriend/babymomma's wall, so I'm not sure why she would be 'chasing rainbows'.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

I thought this briefly as well, but it's a comment from a guy on his (straight) girlfriend/babymomma's wall, so I'm not sure why she would be 'chasing rainbows'.

"Chasing Rainbows" is an idiom meaning trying to achieve something impossible (because you can never catch a rainbow), the poster is implying that the person is following some implausible pipedream or wasting her time on an unrealistic goal. It's got nothing to do with gay people.

FMchubs
Mar 27, 2010

(let it be known I feel weird about not pixelating the kid faces while protecting the photo subject's anonymity, but I couldn't pass up some of the least self-aware photo comments of all time and I gotta get back to work at some point)

edit: (plus, gently caress voluntourism)

FMchubs has a new favorite as of 18:11 on Jun 2, 2014

Minchin Dupree
Oct 23, 2008

...I'll smash them.

:cripes:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
Like, I get nationalism, but the British bulldog is kinda... ungraceful as a national symbol, isn't it?

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

FMchubs posted:

(let it be known I feel weird about not pixelating the kid faces while protecting the photo subject's anonymity, but I couldn't pass up some of the least self-aware photo comments of all time and I gotta get back to work at some point)

Did she do this herself, just squirt racism all over the place because she is taller than literal children?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
From a large auto enthusiast community.

"gently caress store policy [arbitrary racism]"

From a self proclaimed "border authority"

And then exactly 8 billion pictures of him and his redneck buddies totting rifles around the desert looking for 'illegals'.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Douwe posted:

Did she do this herself, just squirt racism all over the place because she is taller than literal children?

What in the world are you talking about?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

So I've been seeing this image everywhere, and it's started popping up on my Facebook. It bothers me because the lesson is all wrong. The only reason that the kids squeezed out all the shaving cream or whatever is because the teacher told them to. They assumed that the teacher knew what she was doing, and had a plan for what came afterwards. The true lesson is in the absolute trust of authority, blindly making actions because if someone higher up made the decision for you, then you aren't held accountable. It's basically the Milgram experiment on a much smaller scale.

It doesn't even make that much sense as a metaphor considering you could probably actually get the stuff back in the container if you really wanted to. There's a way better metaphor in the movie Doubt about it:

Doubt posted:

A woman was gossiping with her friend about a man whom they hardly knew - I know none of you have ever done this. That night, she had a dream: a great hand appeared over her and pointed down on her. She was immediately seized with an overwhelming sense of guilt. The next day she went to confession. She got the old parish priest, Father O' Rourke, and she told him the whole thing. 'Is gossiping a sin?' she asked the old man. 'Was that God All Mighty's hand pointing down at me? Should I ask for your absolution? Father, have I done something wrong?' 'Yes,' Father O' Rourke answered her. 'Yes, you ignorant, badly-brought-up female. You have blamed false witness on your neighbor. You played fast and loose with his reputation, and you should be heartily ashamed.' So, the woman said she was sorry, and asked for forgiveness. 'Not so fast,' says O' Rourke. 'I want you to go home, take a pillow upon your roof, cut it open with a knife, and return here to me.' So, the woman went home: took a pillow off her bed, a knife from the drawer, went up the fire escape to her roof, and stabbed the pillow. Then she went back to the old parish priest as instructed. 'Did you gut the pillow with a knife?' he says. 'Yes, Father.' 'And what were the results?' 'Feathers,' she said. 'Feathers?' he repeated. 'Feathers; everywhere, Father.' 'Now I want you to go back and gather up every last feather that flew out onto the wind,' 'Well,' she said, 'it can't be done. I don't know where they went. The wind took them all over.' 'And that,' said Father O' Rourke, 'is gossip!'

FMchubs
Mar 27, 2010

Douwe posted:

No, sorry for the confusion, I highlighted the particular phrases to aid the gestalt of creepy Nazi-esque sentiment. She actually did nothing wrong other than putting this photo up like it doesn't appear self-serving (I don't know her, we have one mutual friend, looking at random peoples' lives is very zen for me), but those comments... I didn't even notice the "her eyes are s000 big! ;)" until after my edits, I thought it was referring to one of the kids gazing in awe but even that would be a little racist.

Honestly I just want to know what those kids were actually interested in out-of-frame.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

FMchubs posted:

For a second I thought this was a combination of :hitler: and :shibewow:, and thought I had seen the most racist shibe meme ever.

Today I watched one of the new interns at work take a series of selfies at her desk.

G20 Sumbitch
Sep 29, 2007

Happy Hockey Is The Best!!!

kazil posted:

What in the world are you talking about?

You know when people post a post, but you don't quite understand what the poster is posting about? Imagine that post being this post, but slightly more confusing than the previous post because of me being pissy about you not getting the former post which was quite obvious to begin with.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

trapped mouse posted:

So I've been seeing this image everywhere, and it's started popping up on my Facebook. It bothers me because the lesson is all wrong. The only reason that the kids squeezed out all the shaving cream or whatever is because the teacher told them to. They assumed that the teacher knew what she was doing, and had a plan for what came afterwards. The true lesson is in the absolute trust of authority, blindly making actions because if someone higher up made the decision for you, then you aren't held accountable. It's basically the Milgram experiment on a much smaller scale.

It doesn't even make that much sense as a metaphor considering you could probably actually get the stuff back in the container if you really wanted to. There's a way better metaphor in the movie Doubt about it:

Also, if I was a 5th grade teacher, I would not be giving kids toothpaste tubes to squeeze out. For one thing, messy. For a second thing, expensive and wasteful.

Supeerme
Sep 13, 2010

Holy poo poo is that the neo-nazi party?

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

One of them.

FMchubs
Mar 27, 2010

Douwe posted:

You know when people post a post, but you don't quite understand what the poster is posting about? Imagine that post being this post, but slightly more confusing than the previous post because of me being pissy about you not getting the former post which was quite obvious to begin with.

But hey maybe we can all laugh at the source of my intended effect:

(PS if anyone has other similar images, please-- so long as they don't count as macros-- share. I've only ever seen these and the one featuring an African kid with a distended belly and quotes about the "Ilerminaty." That and the creeper posts. On first sight these fake updates from objects slayed me as dead as the remainder of a snake's corpse buried in some wet graves.)

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
You're... easily amused. :stare:

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
THINK! Because I am sure you've never thought before viewing a picture on Facebook.

Also, someone should make a graph of the use of the "Anonymous" face and just when it crossed the point to utter meaninglessness. Like, in this graph, the Anonymous figure is holding a card that says "Monsato"...does that mean that Monsato is actually controlled by Anonymous? :iiam:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Why are they asking Monsanto to poison the Punisher?

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Normally these two are among the first to beat the "Support are troops" drum. Not this guy Obama likes, though, gently caress him.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

The White Dragon posted:

Like, I get nationalism, but the British bulldog is kinda... ungraceful as a national symbol, isn't it?

It brings to mind men wearing wife beaters and racism, so yeah maybe quite appropriate for what its being used for.

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

The White Dragon posted:

My understanding is that it's meant to symbolize tenacity and courageousness, as bulldogs were bred for bull baiting. Grace isn't part of the equation.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

What was so Exclusive and Epic?

She tied her month old baby to her train. And dragged it down the aisle.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
:stare: what the everloving gently caress?

Alpacalips Now
Oct 4, 2013

One of my aunts, who is from the USA, posted propaganda from BF on my wall "For my consideration". It was this screed about how Muslims wanted to enslave OUR WOMEN. We've seen each other maybe once, and I have no idea why she thought it was appropriate to post it on my wall. Felt good to delete her.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

SteveVizsla posted:

What was so Exclusive and Epic?

She tied her month old baby to her train. And dragged it down the aisle.

FrozenVent posted:

:stare: what the everloving gently caress?

...At least the dress looks soft and comfortable?

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

glowing-fish posted:

THINK! Because I am sure you've never thought before viewing a picture on Facebook.

Also, someone should make a graph of the use of the "Anonymous" face and just when it crossed the point to utter meaninglessness. Like, in this graph, the Anonymous figure is holding a card that says "Monsato"...does that mean that Monsato is actually controlled by Anonymous? :iiam:

IBM seems to be in on it too: https://www.google.de/search?q=thinkpad+logo

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Blind Pineapple posted:

Normally these two are among the first to beat the "Support are troops" drum. Not this guy Obama likes, though, gently caress him.

This poo poo is really pissing me off. Most of the time the right-wing bullshit is just targeted at Obama, and even though it's madness, it's madness that comes with the job (unless you're a republican). Shaming a loving POW is just awful, though. No excuse for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ninjasaurus
Feb 11, 2014

This is indeed a disturbing universe.

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

This poo poo is really pissing me off. Most of the time the right-wing bullshit is just targeted at Obama, and even though it's madness, it's madness that comes with the job (unless you're a republican). Shaming a loving POW is just awful, though. No excuse for it.

There's a perfectly good excuse for it, sir. It's because anything Obama does is bad. He helped this guy out, therefore by proxy, the guy must also be bad. End of discussion. :colbert:

• Locked thread