Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MILF destroyer
Feb 6, 2014

Gammatron 64 posted:

Awwwww... I used to play that way when I was 9 years old. "Heh, I can do a fireball motion. That means I'm good at Street Fighter." :smug:

This really was the standard in my group when SF2 came out. I remember the first time I saw a guy doing actual combos with Guile in the arcade it blew my tiny mind, It was like Jesus Christ himself had come down to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007

Boxman posted:

Speaking of this, is ScrubQuotes still updating? I feel like we're going to get an influx of material soon.
I was wondering about this too.

Can't wait for the Mortal Kombat X thread. :allears:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

MILF destroyer posted:

This really was the standard in my group when SF2 came out. I remember the first time I saw a guy doing actual combos with Guile in the arcade it blew my tiny mind, It was like Jesus Christ himself had come down to play.

I never had an arcade growing up, so I never even really knew that competitive fighting games was even a thing until SF4 came out. Before the Internet, we'd pretty much just throw fireballs and do the amazing combo of jumping roundhouse into sweep all day.

Luckily though, we actually have a decent arcade with a scene here now, so it's better late than never. Though there's this one guy who is basically like a fat(er) black DSP who gets pissed off and makes excuses constantly whenever you beat him. *tries to do a jump in and gets anti-aired for the millionth time without learning* "drat it! It's because of the arcade stick! I didn't mean to do that!" *gets punished for doing a wakeup ultra* "Ugh that would have hit if it weren't for lag!"

rednecked_crake
Mar 17, 2012

srsly who wants to play this lamer?

Evil Canadian posted:

What time is it hitting on XBL for Tuesday, if anyone knows?

This says 9am CST, but who knows.

http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/dlc/ultra-street-fighter-iv-upgrade/115222

KingShiro
Jan 10, 2008

EH?!?!?!
Barring nothing changed since I stopped using Live, they always update around 5-5:30am EST or whatever timezone equivalent.

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
Anyone know what time this is actually playable on PS3? Midnight EST time tonight? I'm not familiar with how PSN does their releases. I figured I'll just get it on PSN since I don't want to re-up my XBL subscription. Good thing I have a disc for Super lying around.

Pork Soda
Jan 22, 2004
Scissor Man
Is there truly no way for us Canadians to preorder the digital version for 360? :(

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Constellation I posted:

Anyone know what time this is actually playable on PS3? Midnight EST time tonight? I'm not familiar with how PSN does their releases. I figured I'll just get it on PSN since I don't want to re-up my XBL subscription. Good thing I have a disc for Super lying around.

Midnight EST, may take a couple min later as PSN gets hammered.

If you preordered, it may already be downloaded with a time lock for 12 am.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm not very good at street fighter but I've played it since 2. There's nothing more satisfying (to me) than getting a nice rhythm in with Chun Li's strong punch (fierce punch? the really strong one) and wrecking the poo poo out of someone with it. It's fast, goes across 1/3rd of the screen and fucks people up. Just press that loving button again and again with a .75 second gap in between presses. it's the best.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
In SF terminology, "strong punch" = "medium punch" and "fierce punch" = "hard punch".

Also all of Chun Li's buttons are good moves :D

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Jmcrofts posted:

Also all of Chun Li's buttons are good moves :D
Only play characters with amazing buttons. I'm really looking forward to adding Elena to my lineup.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

In SF terminology, "strong punch" = "medium punch" and "fierce punch" = "hard punch".

That always confuses the poo poo out of me so I try to refer to them as Medium Punch and Hard Punch or MP and HP but every time I read some kind of guide that doesn't use abbreviation I always have to decipher it with a glossary.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jack Trades posted:

That always confuses the poo poo out of me so I try to refer to them as Medium Punch and Hard Punch or MP and HP but every time I read some kind of guide that doesn't use abbreviation I always have to decipher it with a glossary.

The old-school terminology is dying out, but yea I can see how it can be confusing. You get used to it though.

Static Rook
Dec 1, 2000

by Lowtax

Constellation I posted:

Gets unlocked at 12am EST, but it's about a 5GB download. You should still be able to pre-order it and actually be able to download it now and just wait for it to get unlocked at midnight.

EDIT

Actually, the update is only 3.5GB. With the other items - pre-order costumes, compatibility pack, theme - it's about 4GB total.

Static Rook fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Jun 2, 2014

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

cams posted:

Only play characters with amazing buttons. I'm really looking forward to adding Elena to my lineup.

Speaking of Elena, does anyone know how much health her Ultra 2 restores? It seems like it would either be the best thing ever or something that nobody will ever use.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Also does anyone wanna play AE PC in like an hour? Voice chat too if you wanna hear me rage when I lose. Here's my profile:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Johncrofts

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Jack Trades posted:

Speaking of Elena, does anyone know how much health her Ultra 2 restores? It seems like it would either be the best thing ever or something that nobody will ever use.

I can't answer this question but I was gonna say that one of the reasons I want to try out Elena is so that I can try to troll people online by timer scamming her healing ultra during the last second of the match. :laugh:

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves

MILF destroyer posted:

First time I saw someone beat MVC2 on an arcade cabinet on a singe credit! :what:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

MILF destroyer posted:

Everyone had a different version of SF2 for Genesis or SNES when I was growing up. It'd basically be shooting hadoukens at each other and cr.lk or cr.mk'ing each other, but it was hella fun.

For Marvel 1, I used to bring a piece of notebook paper with scotch tape on it to tape it to the cabinet to play, and played nothing but Ryu/Wolverine or Ryu/Megaman, since they were my favorites. I really miss those days, even when people would destroy me with the War Machine infinite.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Everyone had a different version of SF2 for Genesis or SNES when I was growing up. It'd basically be shooting hadoukens at each other and cr.lk or cr.mk'ing each other, but it was hella fun.

For Marvel 1, I used to bring a piece of notebook paper with scotch tape on it to tape it to the cabinet to play, and played nothing but Ryu/Wolverine or Ryu/Megaman, since they were my favorites. I really miss those days, even when people would destroy me with the War Machine infinite.

What was the piece of paper for?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

sorry, movelist and combos and stuff that I got off of AOL.

Miyamoto Musashi
Jul 22, 2006

Elephant Ambush posted:

I'm getting that message too but the game still works fine if you just ignore it. I assume it's trying to load my Ultra pre-order but since I don't have the unlock key it's complaining. Hopefully I'm right and that goes away after I get the key.

that Vai sound posted:

I get that, too. It also forgets I have AE and reverts to Super.

This happened to me too. Glad to hear I'm not the only one. Was a little concerned when all the AE characters got locked out...but hopefully it'll all get fixed tonight when Ultra unlocks.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Less than 3 hours left.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

any idea if I can buy the add-on on a US psn account and play it with a copy from another region?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So I bought a copy of Super AE and pre-order Ultra. I've got Ultra Downloaded already and installed though I know you can't access it yet but now when I start up AE I get a "Failed to Load DLC" message. Is this because Ultra's not available yet or is there some other problem?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So I bought a copy of Super AE and pre-order Ultra. I've got Ultra Downloaded already and installed though I know you can't access it yet but now when I start up AE I get a "Failed to Load DLC" message. Is this because Ultra's not available yet or is there some other problem?

Probably because Ultra isn't available yet. We'll find out when it launches in 2 hrs

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Less than 3 months left.

:negative:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

I know. The PS3 version is just to hold me over until the PC version.

Or the PS4 version.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Probably because Ultra isn't available yet. We'll find out when it launches in 2 hrs

Also there's no trace of Ultra in my Game Data stuff even though I know I've got it all installed. Is that just it being locked away?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Also there's no trace of Ultra in my Game Data stuff even though I know I've got it all installed. Is that just it being locked away?

Check to see if you have the preorder theme available.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Check to see if you have the preorder theme available.

I do. I suppose that means I'm fine. Sorry I'm asking so many questions. it's the first time I've bought an update to a game that worked like this.

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Was so excited about USF4 but my SSF4 disc is nowhere to be found. I don't wanna have to wait until August :smith:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

masato tatanka posted:

any idea if I can buy the add-on on a US psn account and play it with a copy from another region?

No idea, if it's an Austraila copy then definitely not, since there is an issue with the rating board there and it won't be updated- they're stuck with retail copy only.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Where is ultra

i was promised ultra at this time

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Where is ultra

i was promised ultra at this time

hi

:smith::hf::smith:

that Vai sound
Mar 6, 2011
I see I'm not alone. Let's see if we can work this out.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I got curious when I first preinstalled it, and I found that it was the Super Street Fighter 4 file that had increased in size, which probably also explains why the update messed up the AE and AE2012 updates for PS3 users.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Capcom lied, Hugo died.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

After downloading and installing all of the Ultra data and waiting until after midnight, none of the DLC loads.

That's cool PSN, the Kickstarter model of taking money and not sticking to timelines was too cool not to copy, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yngvai
Dec 27, 2005
Indeed i am the fastest
Nope, no ultra.

• Locked thread