Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gay Nudist Dad
Dec 12, 2006

asshole on a scooter

Not an Anthem posted:

I got a "motorcycle"

One of us, one of us :gay:

Is it stock?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen
New biek! First ever brand-new vehicle purchase. Terrible economics, but so far worth it to me. :)

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

You have made a Good Decision.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

A Yz450f has followed me home.

Oh the evil things that are about to happen to it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Picked this up over the weekend

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

mr.belowaverage posted:

New biek! First ever brand-new vehicle purchase. Terrible economics, but so far worth it to me. :)

Very nice. I kinda want to eventually replace my current bike with one of the BMW GS adventure bikes.

Yerok
Jan 11, 2009

cursedshitbox posted:

A Yz450f has followed me home.

Oh the evil things that are about to happen to it.

Supermoto?

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Yerok posted:

Supermoto?

Absolutely.

and if my friend decides to not be a poo poo about selling off his toys, it'll have a 2 stroke sm buddy to hang out with.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

mr.belowaverage posted:

An awesome bike, even if I do think

whenever I see one.

cheesebot
Jul 21, 2002

I cheesebot

ManicJason posted:

whenever I see one.

:pwn:

mr.belowaverage
Aug 16, 2004

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

ManicJason posted:

whenever I see one.

Yeah, I've already forgotten about the weird eyes now that I'm behind them. Still adjusting to how different the throttle and brakes feel from the KZ. Turning is certainly already more fun. And I've already had the front and rear wheel each off the ground once..

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.

Best bike I've ridden. Will also have evil things happen to it.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
A bit ironic that the deaf guy gets an electric motorcycle :v:

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
I know, right. It's weird because on the Zero (which is utterly silent except for rolling tires and an occasional slight whirring from the electric motor) I get a LOT more attention from people out in the city I live in, whereas with my previous gasoline-powered motorcycles - which were loud in all sorts of ways - people generally don't give a gently caress.

The other day I crashed a Critical-Mass bicycling thing and slowly threaded my way through the group as it blocked automobile traffic on the road. The bicyclists all had "wtf is this poo poo, I don't even" expressions on their faces as I whooshed silently by and I was all like :coal: as I finished threading my way through and then power-wheelied off.

I love it, because it's like a slap to people's understanding of the status quo. People are accustomed to hearing vehicles as they approach. Now with me, and the imminent popularization of electric vehicles, people have to use their visual faculties to watch out for us. Which forces people to enter my world - that of the visual-dependent existence. And to be more careful in general on the road. Which is very, very good.

I'm gonna sell off my Ninja and SV650 soon, because, honestly, they just pale in comparison.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer
My ex-father in law is completely blind. He's not as positive about electric vehicles as you, one might say. :downsrim:

Shimrod
Apr 15, 2007

race tires on road are a great idea, ask me!

Nidhg00670000 posted:

My ex-father in law is completely blind. He's not as positive about electric vehicles as you, one might say. :downsrim:

:golfclap:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the walkin dude posted:

I know, right. It's weird because on the Zero (which is utterly silent except for rolling tires and an occasional slight whirring from the electric motor) I get a LOT more attention from people out in the city I live in, whereas with my previous gasoline-powered motorcycles - which were loud in all sorts of ways - people generally don't give a gently caress.

The other day I crashed a Critical-Mass bicycling thing and slowly threaded my way through the group as it blocked automobile traffic on the road. The bicyclists all had "wtf is this poo poo, I don't even" expressions on their faces as I whooshed silently by and I was all like :coal: as I finished threading my way through and then power-wheelied off.

I love it, because it's like a slap to people's understanding of the status quo. People are accustomed to hearing vehicles as they approach. Now with me, and the imminent popularization of electric vehicles, people have to use their visual faculties to watch out for us. Which forces people to enter my world - that of the visual-dependent existence. And to be more careful in general on the road. Which is very, very good.

I'm gonna sell off my Ninja and SV650 soon, because, honestly, they just pale in comparison.

You must be the most hazard-alert rider on these forums. What's the range like under full dong?

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Full-on, power-wheelies-everywhere dong? 40 miles. 40 magnificent miles.

And I pay $5 for every 2,000 miles out of the thing (I pay for wind power from my utility towards the bike). It takes four hours to charge it back to 100%. I tend to ride for up to a hour or two everyday (even more now, now that I'm on summer break from teaching) and whenever I'm not on the saddle, it's plugged in. The lowest I've gone was 39%. I use my bluetooth connection to check its battery status.

It is a giant, warp-speed inducing smartphone that stuns everybody around me whenever I go out. We live in marvelous times.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
Oh yes, and there is a supermotard kit for it that I can purchase from Hollywood Electrics. For $1500, I can install magnesium wheels with my choice of tires (their default: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II) along with new pulleys (in place of sprockets here, you see) and bigger brakes. For $3000 you can get wire wheels instead of the mag wheels.

And for $700 from Zero, you can buy a Fox rear shock. So far the rear shock has been quite suitable for dong-iness around the city, as are the front 43mm inverted forks.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

the walkin dude posted:

Oh yes, and there is a supermotard kit for it that I can purchase from Hollywood Electrics. For $1500, I can install magnesium wheels with my choice of tires (their default: Pirelli Diablo Rosso II) along with new pulleys (in place of sprockets here, you see) and bigger brakes. For $3000 you can get wire wheels instead of the mag wheels.

And for $700 from Zero, you can buy a Fox rear shock. So far the rear shock has been quite suitable for dong-iness around the city, as are the front 43mm inverted forks.

Holy poo poo.

DrakeriderCa
Feb 3, 2005

But I'm a real cowboy!

the walkin dude posted:

oh my god no

this is like the worst news. It's becoming inevitable that I'm going to own one.

the walkin dude
Oct 27, 2004

powerfully erect.
The last few nights, I went out at 1-2am to ride for a hour or more, just because I can. I love urban exploration and checking out economically-depressed areas. So the bike, it fits. Each time I set out, I felt like this.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Apparently I should try the new zeros. The old ones were such poo poo, but people seem to be pleased with the new ones. 40 mile range in full city dong mode is seriously short though, brammo will do 100+ if youre not using the freeway.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
That's just the FX. The higher end models (S, DS and SR) will do up to 160 miles with the big battery pack.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

So the consensus here is that I should get my rear end over to hollywood cycles and try one out?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Yes. So much torque and such a cool noise. It seriously sounds exactly like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPaTv98wUsE

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
There's only one Zero dealer in Britain, and it happens to be in Jersey, our sister island. You better believe I'm scheduling a test ride when I next pop over there.

epix
Aug 7, 2004
Wow, many great bikes owned by Goons!

I picked up a couple bikes recently since my last post a while back.

BW350, goes along with the 2x BW200's.. been wanting a BW350 for a while and scored this one for really cheap :)

Picked up this Ural Gear Up so the pup can ride along with me.

epix fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 6, 2014

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Been a while since I last posted here. Had an 03 Falco for ~8 months before getting this today. I can't wait to bleed my rear brake every other week. I think I'm in love all over again.

2003 Aprilia Tuono RSV-R Limited or whatever the first year the Tuono came out was called. Going to do a lot of maintenance this weekend.

clutchpuck
Apr 30, 2004
ro-tard
That is gorgeous.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
Factory, not limited. Also

clutchpuck posted:

That is gorgeous.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Snowdens Secret posted:

Factory, not limited. Also

The Factory comes with radial brakes if I remember correctly. It also has forged magnesium:gizz: wheels and a titanium exhaust system from Tigcraft:gizz:

EvilCrayon fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Jun 7, 2014

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
aaaaah thats the real original set of Tuonos (very pricey with the Ohlins etc), they only made a few of them initially to test the market, they sold like hotcakes so Aprilia then decided to make a bunch of Tuonos more affordable with Showa bits, which were still great.

I think the factory ones started in 04 with the radial brakes and updated ohlins bits.

tarzanspuma
Jan 23, 2006

Gorilla

EvilCrayon posted:

Been a while since I last posted here. Had an 03 Falco for ~8 months before getting this today. I can't wait to bleed my rear brake every other week. I think I'm in love all over again.

2003 Aprilia Tuono RSV-R Limited or whatever the first year the Tuono came out was called. Going to do a lot of maintenance this weekend.

Awesome!

I just picked up a plain-Jane version last weekend:

Oddly enough, it was a test ride on a Falco that made me start looking for a Tuono. Great motors and chassis, just the Falco's riding position was way too leaned for ward for me.

EvilCrayon posted:

The Factory comes with radial brakes if I remember correctly. It also has forged magnesium:gizz: wheels and a titanium exhaust system from Tigcraft:gizz:

And A TON of carbon fiber bits, too.

infraboy posted:

aaaaah thats the real original set of Tuonos (very pricey with the Ohlins etc), they only made a few of them initially to test the market, they sold like hotcakes so Aprilia then decided to make a bunch of Tuonos more affordable with Showa bits, which were still great.

Interesting, I didn't know about these early, limited versions. I can only imagine how good they are with lighter wheels and Ohlins. Good job on the find, EvilCrayon!

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
I stand corrected, I wondered why it didn't have radials. Still, smoking hot bike.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
I want a gen1 Tuono racing. The cf bodywork on them is pretty amazing.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

n8r posted:

I want a gen1 Tuono racing. The cf bodywork on them is pretty amazing.

They were genuinely the best bike of their class for half a decade and really not actually that Italian, price, reliability and build quality wise and the fact they sold so poorly is a testament to just how bad Aprilia were at marketing themselves.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
A few years ago gen1 Tuonos were pretty common around here but I think they're either sitting in garages or getting ridden now. I prefer the look of the gen1 over the gen2. I should have never gotten rid of my falco but that's another matter.

EvilCrayon
Dec 30, 2007

Here's another photo with a bit more detail. I'm hoping to replace the Ergal rearsets with some from Aprilia Performance so I can relocate the rear brake master cylinder. I also made the mistake of purchasing a set of Ohlins forks and rear shock for my Falco and surprise! They also fit on the Tuono which is nice because the front fork seals are weeping a tiny bit. I'll probably have the forks revalved and resprung for my weight. I also went through the service records and the previous owner put in a 25mm piston/cartridge kit in the forks which seems a bit excessive. There is honestly nothing left for me to tinker with on the bike as it has a Power Commander 3 and a dyno tune as well. Baseline of 101hp and 67ft-lb of torque to 120hp and 74ft-lb of torque.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

EvilCrayon posted:

Here's another photo with a bit more detail. I'm hoping to replace the Ergal rearsets with some from Aprilia Performance so I can relocate the rear brake master cylinder. I also made the mistake of purchasing a set of Ohlins forks and rear shock for my Falco and surprise! They also fit on the Tuono which is nice because the front fork seals are weeping a tiny bit. I'll probably have the forks revalved and resprung for my weight. I also went through the service records and the previous owner put in a 25mm piston/cartridge kit in the forks which seems a bit excessive. There is honestly nothing left for me to tinker with on the bike as it has a Power Commander 3 and a dyno tune as well. Baseline of 101hp and 67ft-lb of torque to 120hp and 74ft-lb of torque.

That's a drat good-looking bike. Have you thought about painting the silencers to match the frame (or getting a CF replacement to match the rest of it?). That's about the only cosmetic change I'd make. Oh and maybe some Shiver/V4 Tuono mirrors.