Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Are you skipping strips or do they come that way straight from the source? There's supposed to be at least one between these two where Calvin's mom persuades his dad to go look for Hobbes ("Would my father have done this for me? Of course not!") and it's not the first time I've noticed it. Just the first where I can pinpoint exactly what's missing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Yeah, I'm currently skipping Sunday strips until I can get them scanned in and synced up again.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Mustapukuinen Mies - A Man in Black

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Oh man, you guys, I have some excellent Animal Comix for you today.

White's in a pretty good position in the first strip. He's got an easy jump on one of black's kings in his next move, and both his kings are against the edges of the board. Eventually the sheep are going to remember that they're scared of everything and run off in every possible direction, but he's good until then.

Ballard Street

Holy poo poo, a Ballard Albertosaurus.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Darthemed posted:

Yeah, I'm currently skipping Sunday strips until I can get them scanned in and synced up again.
Alright but the one I mean was a regular daily, as were all the others (I don't think C&H ever had Sunday strips that tied in with the dailies, either). It's like that in the source then?

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Howard the Duck

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

My Lovely Horse posted:

Alright but the one I mean was a regular daily, as were all the others (I don't think C&H ever had Sunday strips that tied in with the dailies, either). It's like that in the source then?
You might simply be misremembering, since it seems like this is the strip you'd mentioned.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Bloody hell, so it is. Well that's that cleared up! Thanks for digging it up to reveal my stupidity. :v:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Calvin's Dad's name finally revealed.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
I've seen Twiggy recently on one of the home shopping channels, so it's not like she's gone away.

Geech. Everyone in Texas is just like this.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Killer robot
Sep 6, 2010

I was having the most wonderful dream. I think you were in it!
Pillbug

Comedic timing and easily imagined sound can be tricky in a comic strip sometimes, but this one nailed it for me.

RandomFerret posted:

Ballard Street

Praying he becomes a regular.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Kennel posted:

Mustapukuinen Mies - A Man in Black

These strips depend on humerous reversals but the thought of a mysterious poisonous or otherwise dangerous room is not more scary than a room filled with human remains. It's a really good strip though, I love these silent european strips.

RandomFerret posted:

Oh man, you guys, I have some excellent Animal Comix for you today.

This is a good strip mostly because of the charmingly-drawn stacked sheep.

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Jun 2, 2014

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Ugh. Kids are so needy with their having to be parented all the time.

This strip, being set in a time when people were still basically socially required to have kids as soon as they got married, is such a good argument for not pressuring people to have kids if they don't want them. So often you hear people say, "Yeah, I thought I felt that way at first too, but then you have the kid and realize it's the best thing that ever happened to you!" and Foob gives you none of that.

Luann

That's totally appropriate to say to one of his peers!

Apartment 3-G

I wonder if the colorist knows that's not Lu Ann.

Pros & Cons

Sally Forth

The Amazing Spider-Man

Julet Esqu fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Jun 2, 2014

R Ubbish
Apr 15, 2013

Pidmon
Mar 18, 2009

NO ONE risks painful injury on your GREEN SLIME GHOST POGO RIDE.

No one but YOU.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

If you DIDN'T see this coming, there is something wrong with you.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

So Lester thought the Skarsgard/sneeze guard joke was enough of a knee-slapper to repeat it twice. :bravo:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Ugh. Kids are so needy with their having to be parented all the time.

This strip, being set in a time when people were still basically socially required to have kids as soon as they got married, is such a good argument for not pressuring people to have kids if they don't want them. So often you hear people say, "Yeah, I thought I felt that way at first too, but then you have the kid and realize it's the best thing that ever happened to you!" and Foob gives you none of that.

That one's especially great because the kid eating sand is a literal baby. Stupid loving babies who can't take care of themselves! :argh:

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

That's totally appropriate to say to one of his peers!

You don't get "chosen" as valedictorian, you earn it through your GPA. She would also have known like a year in advance if she had a shot at it, too. That's how it worked when I was a kid anyway.

:allears:

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

My school just made everybody who still had a 4.0 be valedictorian and give a 3-4 minute speech. We had 13.

It was rather dull.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
We were given our class rankings every semester. This led to a hilarious conclusion where the guy who had been in the top spot all the way through high school got displaced in the last semester by somebody else, and gave the most petulant, phoned-in salutatorian speech ever.

Also, I'd like to remind everyone that Leslie Knox's last villainous act in the strip was to try to take a whiz in the boy's bathroom.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Selachian posted:

So Lester thought the Skarsgard/sneeze guard joke was enough of a knee-slapper to repeat it twice. :bravo:

It's no Zebra Roomba Zumba, that's for sure. He's slipping.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Okay, time to play catch-up!

Pogo (June 1-2 and 4, 1956)

You've seen this guy before during the Pandemonium arc, but I'm pretty sure this is the first time you would've seen him if I had done this the right way around, so here he is again. For the first time.

Droodles (June 1-2 and 4, 1956)

Out Our Way (February 27-28, 1925)

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Nothing for Tracy to do now except to shoot the corpse a few dozen times and take all of the credit.

Judge Parker

It must be getting close to last call if Katherine is busting out her best pick-up lines.

9 Chickweed Lane

Once again, Brooke's punchline has been a complete bust.

Pibgorn

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Death Ray posted:

Here's the 5th newspaper/chapter break from Weapon Brown!

At least one Goon visited me at my book signing this past Saturday at Comics Etc. in Rochester (mwah!) I will be having another book signing in Buffalo this Wednesday. The deets are here! I hope any Buffalo based Goons who can make it will turn out!

Good lord - Goops! My parents still have a copy of "Goops and how to be them" somewhere, but I'd never met anyone else who'd heard of it.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Allen Wren posted:

Seriously. I never gave it any thought as a kid because I couldn't follow the story at all, but when you put it all together, it's great.

When I was a little girl, I used to cut out all of the pretty ladies from Prince Valiant and make paper dolls of them. :3:

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Juliet Jones

Oh, dear. Eve is about to be very cruel to that creep, isn't she?

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt's Upsetting Groin

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Judge Judy isn't an actual judge, right? Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before.

Nancy

Wee Pals

Andertoons

Four Eyes

Lost Side of Suburbia

Zachary Nixon Johnson

Oh, Brother

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Napoleon being the big bad is a little on the nose for my tastes, considering how much LXG went into stuff from 1984 in the Black Dossier.

I think I'm getting too invested in this silly parody story.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

Wanamingo posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

So our villain is one of the pigs from Animal Farm, most likely Napoleon. Not bad.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

idonotlikepeas posted:

So our villain is one of the pigs from Animal Farm, most likely Napoleon. Not bad.

Hell, you're right. Finally something I've actually read before.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Nancy's been reading Brooke McEldowney again.

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004
Napoleon will be perfect for the bad guy, but for the full effect, "N" should have been Napoleon in the first place, and Nicodemus should have replaced him after he gets beaten. "Bruce" must mean Kotik is about to meet Jaws.

Also, I did not need to know Bud pees on the floor.

Wanamingo posted:

Judge Judy isn't an actual judge, right? Pretty sure I've heard that somewhere before.

She was a family court judge and refers to it often. Now, of course, she's just a TV personality.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

don Jaime posted:

Also, I did not need to know Bud pees on the floor.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I'm disappointed that Ratigan hasn't appeared yet in LSoS.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

GorfZaplen posted:

Classic Prince Valiant

That guy's expression in the full-width panel :3:

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Wanamingo posted:

Zippy the Pinhead

She is (or was, I don't remember) an actual judge, she's just not acting in her capacity as a judge on the show. On the show she serves the role of an arbitrator, which is why she's allowed to do things like calling the case in favor of one party because the other mouthed off to her or something.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.