Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

OssiansFolly posted:

Can someone correct the thread title for me? It has been bothering me for a few days because "definition" is spelled wrong...

Also, EDH>Modern.

The spelling is strictly worse than the dictionary has it, you mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

"Archenteron" posted:

Ramirez dePietro's Grand Piracy Adventure is my favorite deck.

I'd very much like this deck list.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

OssiansFolly posted:

Can someone correct the thread title for me? It has been bothering me for a few days because "definition" is spelled wrong...

Also, EDH>Modern.

Ugh, I emailed Winson_Paine about it since I don't have PM's.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

Panzers on Russian soil, Thunder in the east.
One million men at war,
The Soviet wrath unleashed
I'd say 90% of why I play commander is trolling in one form or another, the other 10% being an excuse to hang out with my friends at our local game store, and for stupid hilarious interactions like when I accidentally combo-d with my friend's zombie boardwipe and reanimate deck to form a loop with Chancellor of the Spires, Clone, Rise of the Dark Realms, Damnation, and Kukosho.

My favorites so far have been dropping Eon Hub and Reality Twist, running a mill deck in general, and Vampiric Tutoring for Helm of Obedience just before Nicol Bolas could hit me, drawing it and milling my opponent out with it + Planar Void specifically. It's always fun, but it's even better when it's people you play with every week and you can see them hate you a little more after every Traumatize.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

FromTheShire posted:

My favorites so far have been dropping Eon Hub and Reality Twist

Which was illegal in your non-5-color deck, cheater.

Never mind that you can cast it which should make it legal, the rules say it's not and there are very important rules to playing Commander and :goonsay:

FromTheShire posted:

Vampiric Tutoring for Helm of Obedience just before Nicol Bolas could hit me, drawing it and milling my opponent out with it + Planar Void specifically.

Yeah, you're still the worst for this. Just....the worst.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

One million men at war,

suicidesteve posted:

Which was illegal in your non-5-color deck, cheater.

Never mind that you can cast it which should make it legal, the rules say it's not and there are very important rules to playing Commander and :goonsay:

Yeah, you're still the worst for this. Just....the worst.

This from the guy who I support playing Chromanticore as the commander because it's funny.

And you're just jelly your Oona mill isn't as dumb as my Mirko mill, don't lie. You're going to be even madder now that I took out a bunch of 'good cards' like Bribery to put in more jank and tutors. Consistently dumb is the best dumb!

Rollie the Guar
Sep 12, 2011

You can't change nature, Jack.
Planar Void doesn't combo with Helm. Planar Void has a triggered ability, the cards still hit the yard. You need a replacement effect like Leyline of the Void.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

All I gotta say is Circu, Dimir Lobotomist, Cloudstone Curio, and Cloud of Faeries + Priest of Gix. Equilibrium could work too, but yeah.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Jun 2, 2014

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

A Fancy Bloke posted:

I'd very much like this deck list.

Here you go then (Dropping the full decklist since the OP said that's mostly ok). The mana looks kinda low, but 8 mana rocks makes it funtionally a 32-land deck, which still seems low, but I typically steal/clone at least one person's manarock to get me up and rolling.

Deck: Ramirez dePietro's Grand Piracy Adventure

//Captain and Commander
1 Ramirez DePietro

//Creatures
1 Clone
1 Lord of the Void
1 Dimir Doppelganger
1 Nezumi Graverobber
1 Sakashima the Impostor
1 Memnarch
1 Evil Twin
1 Wrexial, the Risen Deep
1 Dominating Licid
1 Body Double
1 Empress Galina
1 Consecrated Sphinx
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Cryptoplasm
1 Phyrexian Infiltrator
1 Duplicant
1 Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni
1 Geth, Lord of the Vault
1 Sakashima's Student
1 Sphinx Ambassador
1 Vesuvan Doppelganger
1 Notion Thief
1 Consuming Aberration
1 Thada Adel, Acquisitor
1 Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
1 Silent-Blade Oni

//Spells
1 Knowledge Exploitation
1 Phyrexian Arena
1 Bribery
1 Memory Plunder
1 Coalition Relic
1 Mind Stone
1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
1 Illusionist's Gambit
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Copy Enchantment
1 Take Possession
1 Telemin Performance
1 Grim Return
1 Spinal Embrace
1 Mystic Remora
1 Psychic Intrusion
1 Acquire
1 Volition Reins
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Rite of Replication
1 Coldsteel Heart
1 Dimir Signet
1 Treachery
1 Annex
1 Sol Ring
1 Glaring Spotlight
1 Psychic Surgery
1 Commandeer
1 Increasing Ambition
1 Copy Artifact
1 Animate Dead
1 Beacon of Unrest
1 Necromancy
1 Reanimate
1 Greed
1 Leyline of Anticipation
1 Ashen Powder
1 Control Magic
1 Blatant Thievery
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Dimir Cluestone
1 Stolen Identity
1 Aura Graft
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Spirit Away

//Lands
5 Island
7 Swamp
1 Lonely Sandbar
1 Barren Moor
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Tainted Isle
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 River of Tears
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Moonring Island
1 Halimar Depths
1 Sunken Ruins
1 Vesuva
1 Thespian's Stage
1 Command Tower
1 Watery Grave
1 Temple of Deceit
1 Reliquary Tower

Display deck statistics

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
So it's a gimmick deck based on stealing and trolling? Sounds fun! :pirate:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Elephant Ambush posted:

So it's a gimmick deck based on stealing and trolling? Sounds fun! :pirate:

Yeah, it does its best to play with everyone else's decks and boardstates :yarr:. Makes things quite entertaining (though token decks poo poo all over you)

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Archenteron posted:

(Dropping the full decklist since the OP said that's mostly ok).

Yeah, I went ahead and updated the rules in the first post. I think it's fine since we're in an EDH hugbox so it shouldn't be a surprise to run into long decklists and I don't mind the scrolling, especially since it makes it easier to look at decks on the phone app. I think it will work best if we create lists sorted by type and don't quote whole lists when commenting on decks. We can always change things around if it becomes problematic.

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way
So here's a deck I've been working on for a long time and have never been super happy with it, but I like it enough to keep trying:

quote:

Deck: Vela's Bounce House

//Lands
1 Academy Ruins
1 Bad River
1 Command Tower
1 Coral Atoll
1 Creeping Tar Pit
1 Darkslick Shores
1 Darkwater Catacombs
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Dreadship Reef
1 Drowned Catacomb
1 High Market
7 Island
1 Lotus Vale
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Polluted Delta
1 Reliquary Tower
1 River of Tears
1 Rogue's Passage
1 Sunken Ruins
4 Swamp
1 Tainted Isle
1 Temple of Deceit
1 Temple of the False God
1 Tolaria West
1 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vesuva
1 Volrath's Stronghold
1 Watery Grave

//Spells
1 Blue Sun's Zenith
1 Bribery
1 Capsize
1 Cloudstone Curio
1 Conjurer's Closet
1 Cryptic Command
1 Crystal Shard
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Darksteel Ingot
1 Devastation Tide
1 Diabolic Revelation
1 Dimir Signet
1 Dire Undercurrents
1 Dream Halls
1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Enter the Infinite
1 Erratic Portal
1 Evacuation
1 Gilded Lotus
1 Hinder
1 Lightning Greaves
1 Mimic Vat
1 Omniscience
1 Proteus Staff
1 Rhystic Study
1 Rite of Replication
1 Sapphire Medallion
1 Sculpting Steel
1 Skullclamp
1 Sol Ring
1 Spell Crumple
1 Telemin Performance
1 Time Warp
1 Whelming Wave

//Creatures
1 Archaeomancer
1 Aura Thief
1 Baleful Strix
1 Cloud of Faeries
1 Deadeye Navigator
1 Glen Elendra Archmage
1 Grave Titan
1 Grimgrin, Corpse-Born
1 Higure, the Still Wind
1 Jin-Gitaxias, Core Augur
1 Kederekt Leviathan
1 Mikaeus, the Unhallowed
1 Mnemonic Wall
1 Mulldrifter
1 Nekrataal
1 Palinchron
1 Perplexing Chimera
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Reassembling Skeleton
1 Sakashima the Impostor
1 Sakashima's Student
1 Silent-Blade Oni
1 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Thalakos Deceiver
1 Triskelion
1 Vela the Night-Clad
1 Venser, Shaper Savant
1 Æthersnipe

Display deck statistics

Ideally, I'd like for this to like for this to be a wildly degenerate multiplayer deck since I've already got a decently competitive 1v1 Deck (Sigarda Voltron), a strong casual deck (Trostani), and a low power casual deck (Modern Odric Soldier Tribal).

The deck is packed with tons of combos, most of which end the game outright when they go off, but the deck really struggles to get there most of the time. There used to be a heavy steal yo poo poo component to the deck that paired very well with Proteus Staff but they interacted unfavorably with all the mass bounce that I use for disruption and triggering Vela, so all that's left of that is Bribery, Thalakos Deceiver, and Telemin Performance. My typical approach to playing the deck is to put down mana rocks and support cards like Enchantments and Artifacts early since they're fairly innocuous and don't draw much heat (except for Rhystic Study). Depending on how my hand looks mid game I either try to disrupt with bounce and counters and draw cards to dig for combo pieces or try to go off if I can get Dream Halls/Omniscience/Deadeye Navigator to stick with something that pairs well with them. The problem seems to lie in that the deck runs very hot or cold depending on what I'm drawing, sometimes I'm hitting t3 Dream Halls into Enter the Infinite into Omniscience or t4 Vela into t5 Cloud of Faeries and Deadeye Navigator but other times durdling around with a Baleful Strix and Nekrataal waiting for something to happen.

Building controlish decks doesn't seem to be my strong suit, so I'm wondering what I should change to make the deck more cutthroat. Do I need more countermagic? More tutors? More removal? I know the Lotus Vale needs to come out, it's cute with Palinchron and Cloud of Faeries but Strip Mine is a thing. Grimgrin is probably worth cutting as well, he's nice to have as a big scary beater but that's not really how I'm ever winning anyways. Grave Titan is iffy too, but he interacts with Dire Undercurrents well and helps keep creature decks under control. There's other stuff that can probably go too, Erratic Portal and Crystal Shard are good for reusing ETB guys but can be underwhelming otherwise, Telemin Performance is too hit or miss, Aura Thief is only as good as opponents are able to make him, as is Thalakos Deceiver. I don't want to push the deck too far in the direction of needing Vela out to function but I do probably need to pare down things that aren't directly serving the game enders.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

BXCX posted:

So here's a deck I've been working on for a long time and have never been super happy with it, but I like it enough to keep trying:

Ideally, I'd like for this to like for this to be a wildly degenerate multiplayer deck since I've already got a decently competitive 1v1 Deck (Sigarda Voltron), a strong casual deck (Trostani), and a low power casual deck (Modern Odric Soldier Tribal).

The deck is packed with tons of combos, most of which end the game outright when they go off, but the deck really struggles to get there most of the time. There used to be a heavy steal yo poo poo component to the deck that paired very well with Proteus Staff but they interacted unfavorably with all the mass bounce that I use for disruption and triggering Vela, so all that's left of that is Bribery, Thalakos Deceiver, and Telemin Performance. My typical approach to playing the deck is to put down mana rocks and support cards like Enchantments and Artifacts early since they're fairly innocuous and don't draw much heat (except for Rhystic Study). Depending on how my hand looks mid game I either try to disrupt with bounce and counters and draw cards to dig for combo pieces or try to go off if I can get Dream Halls/Omniscience/Deadeye Navigator to stick with something that pairs well with them. The problem seems to lie in that the deck runs very hot or cold depending on what I'm drawing, sometimes I'm hitting t3 Dream Halls into Enter the Infinite into Omniscience or t4 Vela into t5 Cloud of Faeries and Deadeye Navigator but other times durdling around with a Baleful Strix and Nekrataal waiting for something to happen.

Building controlish decks doesn't seem to be my strong suit, so I'm wondering what I should change to make the deck more cutthroat. Do I need more countermagic? More tutors? More removal? I know the Lotus Vale needs to come out, it's cute with Palinchron and Cloud of Faeries but Strip Mine is a thing. Grimgrin is probably worth cutting as well, he's nice to have as a big scary beater but that's not really how I'm ever winning anyways. Grave Titan is iffy too, but he interacts with Dire Undercurrents well and helps keep creature decks under control. There's other stuff that can probably go too, Erratic Portal and Crystal Shard are good for reusing ETB guys but can be underwhelming otherwise, Telemin Performance is too hit or miss, Aura Thief is only as good as opponents are able to make him, as is Thalakos Deceiver. I don't want to push the deck too far in the direction of needing Vela out to function but I do probably need to pare down things that aren't directly serving the game enders.

My first thoughts are to never attack or do anything other than targeted removal on other generals or big threats and counterspelling combos, then just sit there making GBS threads out token creatures as fast as you can, and finally kill everyone at once with a mass removal spell. Damnation and Mutilate come to mind. Heck you could even attack someone with everything and then AEtherize yourself!

Playing passive makes you seem like less of a threat from a political standpoint, then while other more aggressive players are fighting with each other just kill everyone.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

At first glance, I'd say more counter spells are needed if you're going for a control route. Lack of single target removal is another thing. You've got bounce and mass bounce but sometimes a hard kill is needed. Is there anything combo'ing with Reassembling skeleton that I'm not seeing or is it a recursion creature for blocking and Dire undercurrents and skullclamp?

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

Archenteron posted:

Yeah, it does its best to play with everyone else's decks and boardstates :yarr:. Makes things quite entertaining (though token decks poo poo all over you)

I have a U/B Clones deck that basically has the same game plan, and boy howdy is it fun to solely use clones to get dumb as hell board states.

(Don't mind me playing me imprinting a Phyrexian Metamorph on a Prototype Portal/Soul Foundry while I've cloned the mono-brown player's Darksteel Forge with Sculpting Steel:getin: )

BXCX
Feb 17, 2012

not even in a bad way

Elephant Ambush posted:

My first thoughts are to never attack or do anything other than targeted removal on other generals or big threats and counterspelling combos, then just sit there making GBS threads out token creatures as fast as you can, and finally kill everyone at once with a mass removal spell. Damnation and Mutilate come to mind. Heck you could even attack someone with everything and then AEtherize yourself!

Playing passive makes you seem like less of a threat from a political standpoint, then while other more aggressive players are fighting with each other just kill everyone.

Mass removal is something I hadn't really considered since I tend to be too precious about keeping to the bounce and recast plan. I have a Mutilate lying around somewhere I can throw in and picking up a Black Sun's Zenith shouldn't be too hard, Damnation is in my "I'll pick it up after it gets reprinted pile." How many hard counters are worth having? I run Hinder and Spell Crumple for Commander tucking shenanigans (which is never good politically but still my favorite thing) Cryptic Command because it's good, and Glen Elandra Archmage for the infinite counters plan with Mikaeus. I have an OG Counterspell somewhere I can add in. Browsing magiccards.info I see Dissipate, Dissolve, Dream Fracture, Foil?, Forbid?, Last Word, Lost in the Mist, Pact of Negation, Rewind, Spelljack, Stoic Rebuttal, and Undermine are all unconditional counters that I have or can get without much trouble. Is Stifle any good in EDH? I'll probably be picking up one from Conspiracy regardless.

AEtherize is actually super cute, I'll probably add that in.

Deckit posted:

At first glance, I'd say more counter spells are needed if you're going for a control route. Lack of single target removal is another thing. You've got bounce and mass bounce but sometimes a hard kill is needed. Is there anything combo'ing with Reassembling skeleton that I'm not seeing or is it a recursion creature for blocking and Dire undercurrents and skullclamp?

How much spot removal is worth including? Slaughter Pact, Pongify/Rapid Hybridization, Devour in Shadow, Doom Blade, Hero's Demise, Terror, Dark Banishing, Hero's Downfall, Murder, Reckless Spite, and Annihilate are cards I have or can get.

Skeleton also goes with Grimgrin as a repeatable sac outlet but is mostly there for the "2B: Draw 2 Cards and Trigger Vela." He also kinda goes with the Ninja cards because (at least before they're familiar with playing against the deck) swinging with a 1/1 into blockers is usually innocuous enough for him to go unblocked.

Would I be better off working in the Sanguine Bond/Exquisite Blood Combo or sticking in Grave Pact/Dictate of Erebos? I may pick up a Cabal Coffers if I start going in a more black heavy direction. I'm also considering adding Sudden Spoiling since it's cheap and can absolutely wreck someone's plans, as it has mine in the past, and Exsanguinate as an additional mana sink.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Other good options for what you do in that deck are Gravecrawler for grimgrin (though the skellington has more revival capabilities in yo deck), and Bloodchief Ascension + Mind Crank. (though that requires you to hit someone for 2 each turn)

En Fuego
Oct 8, 2004

The Reverend

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Other good options for what you do in that deck are Gravecrawler for grimgrin (though the skellington has more revival capabilities in yo deck), and Bloodchief Ascension + Mind Crank. (though that requires you to hit someone for 2 each turn)

Actually, it only means someone has to hit someone else for two. Usually an early BCA means you get attacked (so have some defense), or people will ignore it and realize their screw up when you have 3 counters and get up to 80+ life doing some cheeky stuff.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Hero's Downfall and a Dictate of Erebos would probably do wonders if you pair it with Grimgrin and Gravecrawler.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Tucking generals and/or big threats is always a good political move in Commander because while you piss off the player whose general you tucked, you win the political favor of everyone else.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Elephant Ambush posted:

Tucking generals and/or big threats is always a good political move in Commander because while you piss off the player whose general you tucked, you win the political favor of everyone else.

Does Commander Tower still produce mana if the General is tucked or in the hand since there is nothing in any public zone to check colors?

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

Does Commander Tower still produce mana if the General is tucked or in the hand since there is nothing in any public zone to check colors?

Your commander and the colors you can play with are declared at the beginning of the game and regardless of where your commander is those two things are always true.

FromTheShire
Feb 19, 2005

One million men at war,

Rollie the Guar posted:

Planar Void doesn't combo with Helm. Planar Void has a triggered ability, the cards still hit the yard. You need a replacement effect like Leyline of the Void.

Ah right, I always confuse Planar and Leyline on which has the replacement effect, in the game in question I had both out.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

En Fuego posted:

Actually, it only means someone has to hit someone else for two. Usually an early BCA means you get attacked (so have some defense), or people will ignore it and realize their screw up when you have 3 counters and get up to 80+ life doing some cheeky stuff.

I had forgotten it was global since I'd given mine away long ago to help a friend make his mirko vosk edh. People don't generally realize that Mindcrank combos with the ascension so when the crank hits the field, suddenly game. I was remembering the cards just straight out. Shoulda checked the net.

Also holy poo poo Circu edh. :magical:
Why yes I am using Distress on myself you don't understand. Still building the list for it, but it's better along.

Deofuta
Jul 7, 2013

The Corps is Mother
The Corps is Father
Mindcrank is a wonderful card that allows wonderful things to occur. Letting you mill people out as easily as swinging in with a dimir guildmage is simply fantastic.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007

Deofuta posted:

Mindcrank is a wonderful card that allows wonderful things to occur. Letting you mill people out as easily as swinging in with a dimir guildmage is simply fantastic.

I just realized Mindcrank + Bloodchief Ascension would go pretty well in my Oloro deck. It'll give me another win condition.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Oraculum Animi posted:

Your commander and the colors you can play with are declared at the beginning of the game and regardless of where your commander is those two things are always true.

Other dumb commander-specific question. If I hit a commander with Godsend's effect, can they still resummon it? I mean. Is it still considered exiled by Godsend's effect if they shift it off to the commander zone? I guess the technical question would be, is shifting a commander to the commander zone when destroyed/sacrificed/exiled considered a replacement effect or an optional trigger?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

AlternateNu posted:

Other dumb commander-specific question. If I hit a commander with Godsend's effect, can they still resummon it? I mean. Is it still considered exiled by Godsend's effect if they shift it off to the commander zone? I guess the technical question would be, is shifting a commander to the commander zone when destroyed/sacrificed/exiled considered a replacement effect or an optional trigger?

Yes they can, because the card is not exiled by Godsend if it's in the Command Zone.

Moving to the Command Zone is a replacement effect. If it wasn't, Child of Alara would be insane.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Of course, if someone else has another player's general in their deck, and you end up exiling that copy with Godsend, then yes the other player can no longer play their general.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I am a degenerate who makes degenerate deck ideas. still working out the kinks though.

Are you ready for the Operation?
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

Lands 33
1 Dimir Aqueduct
1 Coral Atoll
1 Command Tower
1 Relinquary Tower
1 Tainted Isle
13Island
1 Everglades
13Swamp
1 Dimir Guildgate

Creatures 26
1 Notion Thief
1 Cloud of Faeries
1 Priest of Gix
1 Blood Celebrant
1 Clone
1 Stonybrook Banneret
1 King Macar, the Gold-Cursed
1 Mirko Vosk, Mind Drinker
1 Lazav, Dimir Mastermind
1 Nemesis of Reason
1 Nightveil Specter
1 Dakra Mystic
1 Mortivore
1 Elgaud Shieldmate
1 Deranged Assistant
1 Xathrid Gorgon
1 Vampire Nighthawk
1 Merrow Bonegnawer
1 Invisible Stalker
1 Augur of Bolas
1 Duskmantle Guildmage
1 Nephalia Smuggler
1 Merfolk Thaumaturgist
1 Entomber Exarch
1 Daring Thief
1 Disciple of Deceit
Artifacts 6
1 Nihil Spellbomb
1 Cloudstone Curio
1 Sensei's Divining Top
1 Witches' Eye
1 Springleaf Drum
1 Swiftfoot Boots

Enchantments 3
1 Soul Ransom
1 Megrim
1 Dictate of Kruphix

Spells 30
1 Cackling Counterpart
1 Dismember
1 Disperse
1 Warped Physique
1 Psychic Strike
1 Countersquall
1 Dimir Charm
1 Soul Manipulation
1 Psychic Barrier
1 Negate
1 Hidden Strings
1 Mana Leak
1 Cancel
1 Stoic Rebuttal
1 Geth's Verdict
1 Consuming Vapors
1 Pongify
1 Murder
1 Devour Flesh
1 Grisly Spectacle
1 Traumatize
1 Whispering Madness
1 Delirium Skeins
1 Noggin Whack
1 Horrifying Revelation
1 Despise
1 Vision Skeins
1 Paranoid Delusions
1 Pilfered Plans
1 Peel from Reality

Planeswalker 1
1 Tamiyo, the Moon Sage

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I am a degenerate who makes degenerate deck ideas. still working out the kinks though.

Are you ready for the Operation?
Circu, Dimir Lobotomist

I hate to be a Negative Nelly, but this deck is just a bunch of stuff thrown together. Circu is just a weak mill in this format, and this deck has no coherence beyond a bunch of mill, discard and counter.

If you insist on going mill, add Jace Memory Adept, Phenax, and high-toughness bodies. And Ashiok. Yes, these will require $$$, but not a huge amount.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

the only reason this is what it is at the moment is because of a small trade pool + low fund pool. Otherwise I'd be working harder at this before putting it up. and yeah most of the discard cards are placeholders.

Edit: The endgame plan is to basically replace a bunch of the random stuff with tutors/transmute cards, maybe some other things. The plan is to get circu out by about turn 3-4 and abuse Cloudstone Curio to make quite a storm and exile the opponent's deck.

Nomadic Scholar fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jun 7, 2014

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

So I had a poo poo ton of fun with the Kruphix deck the other night. Now I wanted to do something silly and degenerate. (Mainly because I think I made people salty with mass land destruction)

Athreos commander with Shadowborn Apostles. :science:

I need help being an rear end-hole though guys. Give me ideas!

So far I have these in mind:

Deck: Atheros EDH

//Commander
1 Athreos, God of Passage

//Creatures
1 Mentor of the Meek
1 Cabal Archon
1 Edgewalker
1 Blood Artist
1 Angel of Glory's Rise
1 Shadowborn Demon
1 Harvester of Souls
1 Rune-Scarred Demon
1 Extractor Demon
1 Pontiff of Blight
1 Crypt Ghast
43 Shadowborn Apostle

//Enchantment
1 Necropotence
1 Contamination
1 Black Market
1 Remembrance
1 Dictate of Erebos
1 Mortal Combat

//Artifact
1 Sol Ring
1 Thrumming Stone
1 Lifeline
1 Ashnod's Altar

//Sorcery
1 Immortal Servitude
1 Debt to the Deathless
1 Death Grasp

//land
1 Caves of Koilos
1 Isolated Chapel
1 Godless Shrine
1 Orzhov Basilica
1 Orzhov Guildgate
1 Tainted Field
1 Temple of Silence
1 Bojuka Bog
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
15 Swamp
8 Plains

Display deck statistics

No idea what I'd cut for removal, discard or tutoring. I just wanna combo off on people. :unsmigghh:

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Would Xathrid Necromancer work out for you?
Or Rotlung Reanimator?
Getting tokens and a demon seems like it'd be much better value.

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

You know what, I forgot all about Xathrid and didn't know about Rotlung. Added. :science:

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!
That's hysterical, I like it.

Maybe add Lightning Greaves, or some other way to give your guys haste? That would be a barrel of laughs with Atheros or Remembrance.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Yeah hexproof + indestructible is pretty hilarious.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Would Falkenrath Noble as a second Blood Artist effect be worth it? Righteous War would give Athreos protection from white tuck effects and your other black creatures protection from general white spot removal. Faith's Reward/No Rest for the Wicked to return your dudes if opponents pay the life?

whydirt fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jun 8, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

whydirt posted:

Would Falkenrath Noble as a second Blood Artist effect be worth it? Righteous War would give Athreos protection from white tuck effects and your other black creatures protection from general white spot removal. Faith's Reward/No Rest for the Wicked to return your dudes if opponents pay the life?

Righteous War is amazing and I'll probably have to order it. I doubt anyone near me is going to have Visions cards. Thanks for that suggestion.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Yeah hexproof + indestructible is pretty hilarious.

Gynovore posted:

That's hysterical, I like it.

Maybe add Lightning Greaves, or some other way to give your guys haste? That would be a barrel of laughs with Atheros or Remembrance.

I'm tempted to make room for Lightning Greaves. The trouble is gonna be finding a balance between how many Apostles I need and all the other fun stuff I want to cram into the deck. I'm probably going to add in a Mogis Marauder for a big haste effect. Unfortunately, I can't find anything in white or black that gives mass haste other than that.