Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Koth
Jul 1, 2005

Koth posted:

I think Lockdown is definitely the best RMB lock addon. Not having to switch it on and off during quest accepts and whatnot is great.

For those that use Lockdown, I have a quesiton. I have my LMB bound to 1, but then when I turn off Lockdown and try to move the mouse around manually, I just activate whatever power is bound to my LMB. How do I get around this so I can still move the camera around manually to view the front of my character?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jfizzoid
Feb 8, 2005
sproing

Soothing Vapors posted:

There's no RPing in zone chat. I have as of yet seen exactly 0 RP anywhere.

You have obviously not grouped with me yet. Hi. :smug:

Aurainsoph
Nov 5, 2009
Is there a NA server without a queue right now? If I roll there, can I join the goon server later?

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

Stagger_Lee posted:

Can you talk about how you're building your hybrid medic? I am enjoying the class a lot but am awful at videogames and sometimes I even die to mobs.

For pve or PvP?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Common Sensei posted:

Ugh I really wish you could change paths before a certain level in this game. I was originally set on scientist, but in the last few days before headstart I decided I really wanted to go explorer for the cool outfit and for the transponder beacon. Now I'm level 17 and I really wish I had done scientist because the port to capital, summon, sweet goggles, customizable scanbot, and awesome titles sound way better.

How much of an asperger would I have to be to reroll now? I'm really really tempted.

Wait, what cool stuff do SETTLERS get? :ohdear:

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Soothing Vapors posted:

There's no RPing in zone chat. I have as of yet seen exactly 0 RP anywhere.

Look in chat options to view RP mode chat and you prefix anything you say with {*} for RP mode.
Prefix anything you say with {#} and you'll speak in alien font.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Even more mt dew xbox 360 mode

Noirex
May 30, 2006

So Explorers, do you get to open up secret areas for others or discover hidden caves etc? I found an lab that required a Scientist to open it and a crowd of players waiting around for one. That seemed pretty cool and nifty.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Noirex posted:

So Explorers, do you get to open up secret areas for others or discover hidden caves etc? I found an lab that required a Scientist to open it and a crowd of players waiting around for one. That seemed pretty cool and nifty.

Yeah I've found several caves and things that were labeled with the explorer icon. My favorite has been when I had to eat a mushroom to shrink and fit through a tiny crack and inside was a smoking caterpillar and a mad hatter having a tea party.

Cephid
Dec 28, 2012
So anyone dabbled in crafting much? I'm working on Apprentice Architect and this is infuriating as hell where 95% of the time the ability to reach a target for one of the tech tree targets is purely random luck. Half the time even when I DO reach the target; when I select the final additive it moves off the target one way or another. In some cases I had to craft 15 of an item I didn't want just to hit the target that I actually wanted to craft three times.

Is there some trick to making it be somewhat controllable or is this just a random luck based system?

asdfsdfg
Jan 1, 2006
Only goons could go to a roleplaying server and then complain about roleplaying.

It's like sticking your hand in a fire made of bad acting and sexual frustration.

zenthursdays
Oct 20, 2009

:feelsgood:

SpaceDrake posted:

:siren:they are disabling faction-uniqueness on PVP servers:siren:

Does this mean I can kill anyone who is flagged? Or just roll a character on the opposite faction to gank my buddies?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013
edit: ^ I think it means you can trade between factions now.

Confirmed that the limit on guilds is 500 members. <Goon Squad> on Warbringer now has a guild for alts, the <Protostar Goon Initiative>. For a time being, I'm going to be in the alt guild to help quickly migrate alts over, since we have quite a few in the guild. If you want to go ahead and move your alts over, just whisper Katten in-game, and please include your wsgoons forum name like before. I think the others will start purging alts from the guild today, so if you suddenly find out you're not in the guild, this is why.

Other than that, I just hope there's a way we can sync guild chats.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Space Jam doesn't seem to have an official list of inviters anywhere; is there some resource for me to figure out who I can message that's online?

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

zenthursdays posted:

Does this mean I can kill anyone who is flagged? Or just roll a character on the opposite faction to gank my buddies?

I'm pretty sure it just means you can have a character of both factions on that server, as opposed to only being able to make characters for one faction.

FunkyFlashman
May 10, 2013

Noirex posted:

Sounds like a lovely idea only good on paper =)No buff stations, no hidden caves no extra lab areas avaible when i need it,yay. And reading about the settler boggles my mind. Who comes up with so much unfun stuff in one place :P

to pagan
http://guides.gamepressure.com/wildstar/guide.asp?ID=24192

FunkyFlashman fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Jun 3, 2014

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

FunkyFlashman posted:

Sounds like a lovely idea only good on paper =)No buff stations, no hidden caves no extra lab areas avaible when i need it,yay. And reading about the settler boggles my mind. Who comes up with so much unfun stuff in one place :P

Where can I read about paths? I just picked whatever sounded good. :(

HFGoliath
Oct 21, 2010

Eve Goon. Interests: Small scale PVP / Solo PVP / efficiency.
Battleclinic: https://bit.ly/1azneoH
Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/18Mbael
Partner (SA sponsor for GSF) Eve Kill: https://bit.ly/57sdlAE

FunkyFlashman posted:

Maybe if they gave setters a few cosmetic structures they could build permanently would be pretty cool. Like a buff that turns you into a race of the opposite faction for an hour, then another setter comes along and upgrades it and now it lasts two hours etc.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
So I asked this in the old thread, but is this game fun enough to excuse the attempts at "humor" that seem to pervade every bit of promotional material they release? I mean, those hamster folks look PRETTY Wahahacky! And some edgy dick jokes too, man! I enjoyed GW2 a lot, WoW not so much, if that helps.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

LordHippoman posted:

So I asked this in the old thread, but is this game fun enough to excuse the attempts at "humor" that seem to pervade every bit of promotional material they release? I mean, those hamster folks look PRETTY Wahahacky! And some edgy dick jokes too, man! I enjoyed GW2 a lot, WoW not so much, if that helps.

Space hammster race is the master race hth

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

LordHippoman posted:

If you don't have a sense of humor I don't think this is the game for you. :shobon:

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
On the invisible loot window etc.

quote:

Hey guys, we made changes to these issues this morning. Loot window and the sprint meter were causing it. They've both been fixed. Thanks for the help!
edit: it's not in the game yet, and it's not in a hot fix, but it will be in an upcoming patch.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Is there a trainable skill for Farming or is it just base and everyone has it? I see nodes in the world with grains and stuff, and it says "Requires Tier 1 Farming" but I don't see that I have Farming skill anywhere and I can still farm it. I'm not sure how it works, does anyone know?

a cat on an apple
Apr 28, 2013

Libertine posted:

Is there a trainable skill for Farming or is it just base and everyone has it? I see nodes in the world with grains and stuff, and it says "Requires Tier 1 Farming" but I don't see that I have Farming skill anywhere and I can still farm it. I'm not sure how it works, does anyone know?

Farming is a hobby unlocked at Level 10. Everyone gets it for free.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

Where can I read about paths? I just picked whatever sounded good. :(

This is from beta but still a decent write up about paths.

I tried out Scientist for a few levels and although I love the idea of the bot, the scanning of what seems like everything is too buggy and tedious for me to be fun. Just started Explorer and enjoying it a lot more because it's a brand new world anyway and what better way to discover cool things then to well...explore! Settler sends my OCD into overdrive and I never get anything done. Too much clicky and sparkly things to distract me and not in a good way. Plus, it seems like a popular path anyway and there's never a lack of stations set up everywhere at least in the starting zones.

Tempus Thales
May 11, 2012

Artwork by Tempus Thales

a cat on an apple posted:

If you want to go ahead and move your alts over, just whisper Katten

Kick my alt Goonrathi and I'll ask for invite on new guild when I get home.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Noirex posted:

This is from beta but still a decent write up about paths.

I tried out Scientist for a few levels and although I love the idea of the bot, the scanning of what seems like everything is too buggy and tedious for me to be fun. Just started Explorer and enjoying it a lot more because it's a brand new world anyway and what better way to discover cool things then to well...explore! Settler sends my OCD into overdrive and I never get anything done. Too much clicky and sparkly things to distract me and not in a good way. Plus, it seems like a popular path anyway and there's never a lack of stations set up everywhere at least in the starting zones.

Settler armor looks like complete poo poo compared to the rest. :negative:

At least have a hardhat or something.

Metrohunter
Sep 30, 2009

Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me.

PaganGoatPants posted:

Wear your bakerboy with pride. :colbert:

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

72 hours and still no help from Wildstar technical support.

It sucks that I know what my problem is and exactly how to solve it (returning mail to sender) but I can't get a single WS Support guy to help.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
I don't know how accurate they are but I found a forum with some class specs. Might help out some people.

http://www.steamhawkegaming.shivtr.com/forums/1083716

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Is there any erotic roleplay/literature in this game yet?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

PaganGoatPants posted:

Exile Settlers get a trucker cap, I have no complaints about this Path.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm a big dumb moron, what steps are necessary to do all that good authenticating poo poo after making a fresh account on ArcheAge Goons?

NAILED IT

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Okay, I thought I was set on a class, but now I am deciding between Warrior and Engineer. Can anyone offer their opinion to knock me to either side of the fence?

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

So the client version error is still going strong, with no resolution in sight. They've got a thread dedicated to it but still seem to be giving it a lower priority than whiny babies having trouble redeeming their bonus items.

I'm at the point where I'd ask for a refund, but I do plan on playing this game at some point, and I don't feel like losing my preorder stuff. :sigh:

Bloody Pom fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jun 3, 2014

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Unlucky7 posted:

Okay, I thought I was set on a class, but now I am deciding between Warrior and Engineer. Can anyone offer their opinion to knock me to either side of the fence?

I played engineer to 17 and switched to warrior. Zapping dudes is neat but you're always channeling some kind of giant fuckoff beam, bomb, or some other contraption so you are moving slow for almost the entirety of combat. The bots are kind of janky and they straight up disappeared on me a few times in the first adventure. At least they're cute :3:

I'm only up to level 7 on my new warrior but it is more to my taste. So far I'm just rounding up mobs, kicking them over, then mashing my "hit with sword" buttons until they die. I'm sure I'll appreciate having a leap AND a death grip when I start tanking though.

If only my warrior could be a chua :sigh:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

I love Scientist. I like scanning things with my bot, and getting little random buffs and actions sometimes. The goggles and titles own too.

Screenshot time!

I could run laps around my house pretty much all day. I love my space pony.

Speaking of space, this is me wearing a space helmet in space. This shiphand mission was awesome.

Fools can't even handle my space hammock right now.

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Nechronic posted:

I played engineer to 17 and switched to warrior. Zapping dudes is neat but you're always channeling some kind of giant fuckoff beam, bomb, or some other contraption so you are moving slow for almost the entirety of combat. The bots are kind of janky and they straight up disappeared on me a few times in the first adventure. At least they're cute :3:

I'm only up to level 7 on my new warrior but it is more to my taste. So far I'm just rounding up mobs, kicking them over, then mashing my "hit with sword" buttons until they die. I'm sure I'll appreciate having a leap AND a death grip when I start tanking though.

If only my warrior could be a chua :sigh:

Yeah, chua warrior would be very master Yoda.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

HFGoliath posted:

Medic = best class.

Totally not emptyquoting this.

(My sexbot medic is the best thing)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
I'm pretty excited to play this tomorrow. The only thing I didn't like from beta was that Mordesh had an annoyingly bouncy run animation. It seemed like a lot of races did actually. Have they toned that down at all?

• Locked thread