Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

The Ape of Naples posted:

Ha. I know that guy. I haven't listen to it yet.

The guitarist in Field Mouse? Tell him they were great on Chris Gethard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

urk the quack posted:

The guitarist in Field Mouse? Tell him they were great on Chris Gethard

Well I don't currently know him. I knew him when he was in a band and I was an engineer years ago.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Six an a half minutes in and Todd is already confused. I live for this.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Amazing episode of Comedy Bang Bang/The Todd Glass Show

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Man this episode sure is different. Loving it though.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
DO YA WANT COFFEE OR CORN BEEF??

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I had to stop listening a bit after they brought out George Bush. Is that segment good and do they play Would You Rather?

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

I had to stop listening a bit after they brought out George Bush. Is that segment good and do they play Would You Rather?

Strange. That's when I started enjoying it. I've heard the Todd Glass' angry uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality spiel plenty of times by now, and I sympathize with him, but he really needs to get over it. Most heterosexual men are not as freaked out by homosexuality as he seems to be.

Didn't get to WYR time yet so don't know if they do it or not.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Oh no, I meant I had to stop actually listening to the podcast because I had to go somewhere. Not that it was painful to listen to.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
They don't do WYR, but when they open up the plug bag Todd gets scared for a moment because he thinks they're going to play it.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Adomian doing Bush's laugh kept cracking me up

heh heh heh

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Zsinjeh posted:

Someone leaked the new Parks and Recreation theme for the last season:
http://andrewfutral.tumblr.com/post/87368301668/last-year-alan-thicke-but-really-paul-f

(Someone put music to Alan Thickes P&R song and it's excellent)

"i'm not done..." Genius

Enjoyed this episode. So painful to hear Glass so uncomfortable just saying the word "gay". The interview kinda had to be dragged out of him. But overall, it was great to hear.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

RandomPauI posted:

Oh no, I meant I had to stop actually listening to the podcast because I had to go somewhere. Not that it was painful to listen to.

I thought it was very good. Adomian is always great.

Also, bonus episode on Thursday!

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jun 2, 2014

Unmerciful
Sep 14, 2008

Maybe it's just me but for me, Todd Glass is terribly unfunny

Based solely on his CBB/UTU2TM appearances

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

ManoliIsFat posted:

"i'm not done..." Genius

Enjoyed this episode. So painful to hear Glass so uncomfortable just saying the word "gay". The interview kinda had to be dragged out of him. But overall, it was great to hear.

I am not aware of any of my gay friends who are as uncomfortable about the whole thing as he is. I mean its a really big deal, and has a bunch of stress and issues and poo poo i do not even understand, but goddamn todd you are gay get over it.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I think with Todd its that he is so defensive over it because he is still afraid of being an outcast. Late 80's Philly and late 80's comedy was exactly gay friendly. I mean, generally, the world isn't all that gay friendly. It's a lot of latent fear and it's not suprising to me that an obsessive like Todd would have a hard time ditching it.

Anyway, Todd, Scott and PFT would be my dream The Todd Glass Show line up.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Unmerciful posted:

You're wrong. I hope I've been of help.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I am not aware of any of my gay friends who are as uncomfortable about the whole thing as he is.

I mean, Todd was also closeted for 40+ years, grew up in the nurturing environment of 1970s Philly, watched Eddie Murphy/Andrew Dice Clay/Sam Kinison/et al. kill in the 80s with homophobic material, and so on. I have to imagine there's a lot of inertia from his upbringing that's contributing to his hangups. He really was cloaking it for a long rear end time.

edit: beaten

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Politicalrancor posted:

Anyway, Todd, Scott and PFT would be my dream The Todd Glass Show line up.

This was the lineup of the first august lint appearance and it's p good.

ImPureAwesome fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 2, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Can you imagine how much singing they would do? and Paul is the Todd whisperer.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

If Scott isn't on The Todd Glass Show soon I'm gonna lose my poo poo.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

NotWearingPants posted:

I've heard the Todd Glass' angry uncomfortableness with his own homosexuality spiel plenty of times by now, and I sympathize with him, but he really needs to get over it. Most heterosexual men are not as freaked out by homosexuality as he seems to be.
Seriously, I don't even listen to his show every week but I feel like I've heard that rant from the first segment about five times, word for word.

I wish this was the future so PFT could upload his consciousness into a tablet or something. Then Todd could just rant at it for 30 minutes whenever he feels one coming on, followed by PFT-bot spitting out 3-4 well-structured, concise sentences.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

The Todd Glass Situation sounds like a vh1 reality show.

Oh and I saw his book in the bookstore yesterday, which reminded me of his ridiculous tattoo. He spends 30 years in the closet THEN he gets a barbed wire/metal arrows thing on his biceps that screams I LOVE PUSSY, BRO

WerthersWay fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Jun 2, 2014

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I'd rather have Todd Glass doing manic anxiety bits than Marc Maron pretending he likes stuff now.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Was this posted yet?

It's the Bazooka Joe comic described in the Hey Really Giger episode.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

I'd rather have Todd Glass doing manic anxiety bits than Marc Maron pretending he likes stuff now.

I love Todd Glass' thing but I wish it came in smaller chunks. I can't take that much at once.

how can I unintentionally write something so dirty

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I thought Todd's pre-coming-out stories were super interesting, before he got in to territory he talks about all the time. Luckily I don't think that part lasted all that long before James started doing characters.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Greggy posted:

Todd's pre-com
https://vine.co/v/b0btwTPD5Fd

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

Unmerciful posted:

His stand-up special on Netflix is a weird mix of boring, meandering bits and bouts of uproarious laughter. This is how I feel about just about everything the guy's done. Just about when I start to get a bit bored with him, he pulls out something that really cracks me up.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Fezz posted:

Was this posted yet?

Does anyone know the timecode for this part of the episode?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp

Lord Wexia posted:

Does anyone know the timecode for this part of the episode?

It starts around 79 minutes in.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

Fezz posted:

Was this posted yet?

Awesome! They missed Mort's pulled up turtleneck though, but otherwise very well done. Gotta give props on the scruff of hair in the one panel too.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Fezz posted:

Was this posted yet?

That's pretty amazing.

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I made a special version of Yellow Submarine that I thought Todd would enjoy and one of the Scotts RT'd it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAC-vUZgDO8&feature=youtu.be

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
You're a genius

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Thoogsby posted:

I made a special version of Yellow Submarine that I thought Todd would enjoy and one of the Scotts RT'd it

aaaaaahahahahahahahaha

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Thoogsby posted:

holy poo poo

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Thoogsby posted:

Hahahah

Tacier
Jul 22, 2003

Thoogsby posted:

I am trying so hard not to laugh at work listening to this (and failing).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thoogsby
Nov 18, 2006

Very strong. Everyone likes me.
I thought about doing it for all of Stairway to Heaven too.